ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
iu

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
*sits with a container of water*

Enjoyed going out to the local mall's food court today. Ordered black pepper chicken, green beans, noodles. Sat eating with chopsticks. Finished up and went to the restroom before catching a bus home. As I come out of the restroom, a Franciscan monk halted me by pointing at me.

"I saw you eating. I could never eat using those sticks. It must take, coordination." He said with a wink.

"Yes, brother, life in balance is wonderful. The children here today reminded me," I reached over and gently laid my hand upon his shoulder. "You have a good one."

"Oh yes, you as well and may God bless," He said, turning to make his way to the restroom.

I smiled as I stepped away toward the bus stop, "Thank you."

Last edited:

2WhiteWolves

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Everyone in the polar express be safe.
Thanks Gopher! Second night of having the wood burning stove going all night. It was a nice run from November till the other night of not having to tend to it all night. But, knew it wasn't going to last, lol. Down to -10° and think it's supposed to be colder tonight, well see.
The kitties been sleeping in there condominium
20220509_194403.jpg
It is directly behind the stove where the pipe goes out the roof in the kitchen. It's warmer in the kitchen then it is in the living room. All 3 of 'em sleep in the top on a good sized pillow :)

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Spoke to the county custodian, our big boss. He explained about the "big issue" of me not getting finished by 11. He told me I wasn't paid after 11. I said I understood that, but if there were nights I needed a half hour to finish, then I was screwed having to "work to contract".

He nodded. "Ben, if you understand it's your dime, there's no problem. We like you getting done early, or on time. I'll talk to everyone. You've had three nights of finishing early. You can keep that up. I understand, though some nights it just goes awry."

"Yes sir. I don't see the drama of it if I need to do a little work over to finish. They're making it out like the world's ending. I get stressed then, foul up more so. Also, just a 'good job' suffices for me, otherwise work on getting more bucks on the check. If I'm really out of bounds, I appreciate that said too. I don't take praise well. It makes me wonder what I'm doing wrong."

He laughed, "Oh, one of those are you?"

So, I think now everyone understands where I'm at.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Moving into new apartment Tuesday/Wednesday. Paying a small mover crew to get the few bigger items I have. Smaller stuff can have wife take over in her car.

Looking forward to it & a little anxious as well.

Are you both moving together? Sorry if I am being rude or nosy but you said you were having issues and possibly splitting up.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Are you both moving together? Sorry if I am being rude or nosy but you said you were having issues and possibly splitting up.
No, the new apartment is for just me and Mammy cat. Wife will remain at Luna Vista Palace (not its real name), possibly move elsewhere when her lease expires. She's taking Shrek dog.

We've agreed that when the time comes, she will get me to be with Shrek in passing. That might not be something she cares to be overly involved with beyond taking him to a vet. Me? I want to hold my bud's paw as he "goes home". Not to be morbid, figuring he has another 17 or 18 years.

Yes, we're getting divorced. It is waiting to come up on the county court's docket. Then, all that remains is for a judge to see we agree to terms, sign off on us divorcing. I am to pay a set amount to help cover debts we both incurred together. That's reasonable & fair I think, only proper. After that we will be only friends and any dealings will be based upon good faith.

We do not loathe, even hate, one another. Yes, we both can get frustrated with each other. That's different though and expected. A person doesn't always agree with the best of friends, or one friend likes onions, but the other doesn't. None of that is direly important.

I apologized to her yesterday for not being there. Realized I could have communicated a financial expectation better, aside from presuming she would "just understand" what I meant. Other ladies in the area have said they understood it, but then Chr--- isn't as "traditional" Appalachian as some of them.

"If your man works, brings his pay to you," I asked some ladies.

"I pay the bills, if any is left I might let him have some spending money, or not. Might need other stuff, or just save. He'll be happy for a roof, maybe three hots, a cot, clothes," I was told.

I kind of figure she would have "picked up" on what I meant. We "pooled" together when we first started going together. Somewhere, I think she lost the plot along the way, and I fumbled by not keeping the star chart out for her to read.

We're both wrong, both right. We both agree we no longer want to fight. Being married isn't for us. It makes us both nuttier than squirrel poop.

Now, maybe later on, we each find someone. Who knows? I might find a cute husband next time. We just know that for us together, marriage doesn't work. Yes, we've tried making it work. No, we've not tried therapy or counseling. We both agree that if we being reasonable, intelligent folks cannot figure ourselves out, no stranger could either.

To simplify, for some getting hitched is all in the cards, for others those cards might not match up. We both had crap hands, we tried it, but the dealer cut us out.

VU Sponsors