Reddit Exile
Merry Christmas Eve Eve!

giphy.gif
awwww beautiful

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
*sits on back porch watching the world go by as he vapes, gives a sudden start, mumbles "hm, oh, not working, and it's okay, ... (unintelligible grunting, grumbling as every body part stretches, pops, creaks)" grins as his clouds fill the void*

I kept attempting to watch that Skin Walker Ranch show by History/Disney Channel, all day today. Bah, I kept passing out due to the boredom of it. Mammy cat kept 'loafing' on me as well. "Boy, you haz no need to watch diz silly stuff."

All I got from it is that, there is nothing to prove on the Ranch. This is why their instruments 'suddenly' go on the fritz. The tools they use to measure data know there is no data there. It's a bunch of guys with silly PhDs in front of their names earning a royalty check for bullshitting. That's the Disney way.

Did watch a new episode of Reacher on Amazon, though. It was pretty decent. I want more Witcher but not more cartoon based stuff, that just jars me a bit. "Hmm."

Last edited:

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Well, Gabe's did reach out. It was a standard 'sorry we didn't select you', auto-response. "We encourage you to apply for future opportunities that may match your background and experience." Seems to say, quit reaching for what we believe you cannot do. *shrugs, wanders along*

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I had a secret mission Wednesday. It was so beyond Top Secret that it was warranted Zulu class secrecy. Can now discuss the details of the mission, though. It was a success!

1. Took Shrek to potty around 8 AM.
2. Boarded a Jefferson bus headed to the terminal about 8:30 AM.
3. Got out at the terminal, walked across 6th street to an alley and ducked in.
4. On the other end of the ally, I turned port, and port again to face Unity Cafe.
5. Egressed into the cafe and bought 1 large cup of Unity Blend coffee, inquired on take home packages.
6. The barista called the boss, rang me up for a pound.
7. Ordered cinnamon & sugar crepes to sit with my coffee in the cup whilst she packed up a pound of it.
8. Stuffed two 8 oz sealed bags of coffee into my hoodie pouch.
9. Ambled back to the terminal and boarded a Jefferson bus home about 9 AM.
10. Got home with my 1 pound of Unity Blend coffee about 9:30 AM.

Ran into no mad terrorists, no evil genius doctors, no leather faced goons, no witnesses of any some such. The MI theme music cued up as I peeled off the latex face mask of George Clooney, only to reveal a George Clooney face underneath.

And now boys and girls, worms and apples of all ages and walks in life, ... I will (drum roll please) go make myself a pot of Unity Blend coffee at home!!!! :)

It costs $16 per pound, but worth every cent. It is a coffee I can enjoy drinking black.

ETA: Afterglow. Tastes exactly like it does from the cafe. They source the beans from Peru, Fair Trade (meaning the coffee growers are paid a reasonable market rate, and sustainability issues are addressed). The cups they use are from soy waste, fibers and biodegradable, even the plastic lids (which I'm told are not really plastic but a lesser refined cellular poly).

ETAA: I'll really date myself now. Unity is run as a subsidiary of Little Sparrow LLC. I recall watching a television show as a boy that once had a song used in it called, "Follow the sparrow". Within the past year, it seems I've been adopted by sparrows.

They make pinpoint precise dives by my head, arms, hands whenever any kind of bug is set to assail me. Bugs go bye bye in sparrow bellies. I often carry out various crumbs, bits of string, odd bobbins for them. Have even learned their basic whistle language and help with farming, almanac info.

Although, you don't fool sparrow weather network (SWN). Got chided once for not heeding a lady's warning of rain. Her husband sparrow set me right after he was done farming. "Boy, I planted today because she said it would rain."

Last edited:

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I hope they are organic, soy is a heavy GMO product if not organic
Hope so as well. Doesn't state that on the cups, though.

Did my laundry this morn around 7:30 AM. Got woke up about 3 AM again by some nameless, Mammy, cat. I sensed her run in, dart under the bed, run out. A bit later, I feel paws on my legs. Still later on I feel a fluff ball on my chest, hear snoring.

"Yeah, I know you're there. I'm still sleeping, go away."

"Mmmnaaah, zzz, Maaaaooow!"

Her nose was a half inch from mine. I saw the flicker of her teeth.

"Oh, alright but no Mack."

"Maaaaaaaack"

"No, makes you sick."

"Wooooon."

"You said that last time, remember on the arm of my chair?"

"*deep sigh*"

"Nope, not working, woman."

Fed her, went back to bed until 7:15.

Around noon, wife decided we needed to go out for lunch. Went to Der Dawg Hauz. It was packed, as is usual for them.
Finally got seated about 12:45, our lunches came about 1. It was worth the wait and cost. Left a 20% tip.

Also swung by JR's doughnut castle. Got 2 dozen assorted, went to Gabe's for a little, got it square I can go in at 8 in the morning. Buses on Saturday only start running at 7. Picked up some socks and t-shirts. Went to Piggy, got groceries.

UNITY BLEND COFFEE!!

GET YOURS!

I think it may actually be an espresso blend. Used my normal 3 tbsp to brew my little pot. The first 10 oz cup had me jazzed, the second put me in space.

Last edited:

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Happy New Year, everyone.

This year I broke tradition. Did not tune in to see the ball drop, didn't kiss my wife. Had no adult beverage. Figured, New Year's was like Christmas this year, just another day. All the days seem the same to me.

Hope everyone has a better year ahead. Will try to myself, no promises though.

VU Sponsors