Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Mornin Porch Goers

5a3a0bb71f971c022992555b11f76657.jpg

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I pointlessly went to Gabe's today. Figured I could get something to snack on. While there, I might have gotten my schedule.

So, get there and the customer's ladies bathroom has exploded out into the main vestibule. In good consciousness, I could not have not done anything about it. So I pitch in by putting mops out to halt the streaming of mess, a few old mop heads.

Then, I see two people get dispatched to do it on clock. I quickly tell Deck that I'm attending his issue, slip off my hoody, grab some garbage bags & go into the bowels of "Ugh". It was the same issue we faced before. Some, jag off, stuffed toilet paper into the overflow pipe between the two potty stalls.

The ladies room plumbing is the equalized type. What that means is if one toilet overflows, it goes into the pipe to go out with the flush of the other one. What it also means is that if the pipe is clogged, well you get a nuclear turd bomb. So, lolly customer goes in and does just that by shoving a roll of toilet paper into the pipe.

How? Well, there's a cover, so a plumber can come in and 'snake' out both toilets more easily. Guess what is special about that cover? It ain't bolted down. And it likely wouldn't serve to bolt it, someone will do the 'deed' no matter.

Once I'm back 'on the clock' tomorrow, I'll be watching for the dastards. In this case, sh^t won't be happening again, not on my watch. I got it unclogged today, got the majority up and out the floor drain. Left the light clean up to the two mopping the vestibule flood. Instructed them to use bleach.

Took the mess in a bag back to the trash compactor. Talked to a couple of 'the girls' in the back. Cindy said, "uh, huh, you couldn't stay away." The other gal was asking about being a sub for county schools. She's looking to be teacher's aid.

Wound up going over to Bob Evan's in the same plaza. I had gotten to Gabe's via a loop route bus. Today we had two parades. The drivers were going to avoid both like the plague, meaning I needed to call my wife to fetch me. Bought her breakfast at Bob's just as a thank-you.

We then went to the plaza's dollar store. She needed cough drops and a few little things. I picked up doggy poo bags in Gabe's, apparently I had a poo filled mind today. Deck asked if I had clocked in. I responded with a question, "Ben, who?"

Josh tending the register beside him just said, "Explain it later, Deck." Deck nodded an okay as I waved a "run 'er slow" and headed out. They were being hammered despite our sewer plant operation.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
"Shouting 'Look at me', in my Rock 'n' Roll voice / Said it ain't no fun, ain't no fun, waiting round to be a millionaire!" -- Bon Scott (AC/DC) _Ain't No Fun_

Started back at Gabe's today. There was barely work to do. I had to work maintenance. That consisted of just double-checking what the new trainee had done. Their work looked good. I ran the floor scrubber a bit until the charge ran out.

Most of my time was spent talking with what seems family. "Oh, you're back?" "Glad you come home, Ben." It felt wonderful to be welcomed back. Brandi fussed and called me a traitor. Told her I had to be sure I ate all her Twinkies. She chuckled.

I swept a section of the sales floor. The new trainee did as well. He left a pile of hangers in his section. Victoria had me go gather them up. Brought them to the front, laid them on the counter for the register girls to put on the rack to the back. "Have hangers," I told the one girl. She looked as if I had dropped a bomb on her.

Victoria grinned and told her, that yes, she had to put them on the rack. I wasn't there for doing that, just cleaning up, processing, I had other work. Of course, today it just seemed I wandered aimlessly finding ways to look busy. Nobody cared, though, even my store manager, Deck, told me to just "walk it off".

I fussed at him for having his cell phone out. "Oh, sorry boss, I'll put it up," he said, sliding it in his pocket. Completely different working environment.

2WhiteWolves

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Well, 50ish yesterday here, and a couple more warm days to come.:) Cold front Sunday though which will bring our temps back to normal.:(
View attachment 211209
Yesterday, was 66° than within an hour dropped to 57° the cold front was coming through. This was here in Kansas. Back to normal temperatures in the 40s not bad for December. Last year around the 2oth or so it was -6° so the 40s are balmy :)

VU Sponsors