Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
5064e28a33bc88e71c9ab5ab51afe64d.gif

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Pretty good day, today. May go back to working at Gabe's. Josh, the assistant store manager, told me I could apply for fairy princess, and he would get me back to work for them. :) :D ;)

They're busy with the Christmas rush. I'll have some good hours, prospectively, from there. On hiatus due to holiday and some other issue from custodian work. If I can get back to it, great. If not, that's fine as well. I'll just pick up another part-time spot, maybe Dollar Tree in the same plaza.

I'm in line for HUD & an open 1-bed apartment over behind the elementary school. Even if not working there, the location is really nice. Piggly Wiggly is in walking distance, as is the Library, Post Office, a Wendy's. I can also catch one of three different bus routes to get to Gabe's. And one of three will bring me in walking distance of home again.

There's also a bowling alley with pub, a tavern near as well, Pizza Hut across the street. Will need to budget more so if I don't get back to custodian position, but, that's alright as well. I'm not one to have many wants, and often am capable of doing without.

Silly me saw something Thursday night that is lingering. One of the lady bus drivers has always worn a ball cap. Thursday night she didn't, and I got to see her face, eyes. Darn near fell off the bus seeing the sparkle in those eyes. I don't want to rush into anything.

We've talked some, but it has never been anything indicative of anything happening. Yes, I call her sweetie, honey, sugar, but I do so with all the lady drivers, and one of the men as well. It is polite courtesy talk as was the vernacular from the 1920s to 30s. Everyone knows I'm about "Old World" at least in soul.

Anyway, she is certainly a cutey. She has a lovely personality as well. Hm, ... not saying yes or no right now. Wouldn't surprise me though if she abducted me one day off the bus and took me to her home. I couldn't yell fire, no one would buy that from me.

For now, though, I'm just trying to get out to myself with my Mammy cat. She's bad enough, waking me at all hours for milk. At least, she's honest and loves me even if I do watch magic (Penn & Teller's Fool Us), and rasslin'.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Aren't they both a bit old for this kind of thing? I mean come on, Grave Digger was born in 1982. :giggle:
Guess I'm dating myself. Recall when they used to run, seemingly every Sunday, at local tractor pulls. I saw Star Wars (Episode IV A New Hope) when it came to theaters, 1977. Saw the original Conan the Barbarian in a theater as well.

Seen the original Texas Chainsaw Massacre in a drive-in, as well as about four of the Howling series movies. Watched The Stand and The Shining on television. Saw all the Nightmare on Elm on VHS, all the Hellraiser series as well. Somewhere I saw The Hills Have Eyes, while growing up.

Now, I do not like horror movies. More of a chick flick, or rom-com, action, comedy in no particular order, person. Do still enjoy a lot of the true crime stuff though and Criminal Minds. Yes, have seen all the Hannibal movies. Have seen most of the Friday the 13th ones as well, think I snuck 1 Halloween one but those I kind of steered away from. Of course, have seen Rosemary's Baby.

Do not like horror now, though. Hm, now I feel decrepit and out to pasture. *sighs*

SirKadly

Squonk 'em if you got 'em
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Guess I'm dating myself. Recall when they used to run, seemingly every Sunday, at local tractor pulls. I saw Star Wars (Episode IV A New Hope) when it came to theaters, 1977. Saw the original Conan the Barbarian in a theater as well.

Seen the original Texas Chainsaw Massacre in a drive-in, as well as about four of the Howling series movies. Watched The Stand and The Shining on television. Saw all the Nightmare on Elm on VHS, all the Hellraiser series as well. Somewhere I saw The Hills Have Eyes, while growing up.

Now, I do not like horror movies. More of a chick flick, or rom-com, action, comedy in no particular order, person. Do still enjoy a lot of the true crime stuff though and Criminal Minds. Yes, have seen all the Hannibal movies. Have seen most of the Friday the 13th ones as well, think I snuck 1 Halloween one but those I kind of steered away from. Of course, have seen Rosemary's Baby.

Do not like horror now, though. Hm, now I feel decrepit and out to pasture. *sighs*
Waited in a long line Memorial Day weekend for Star Wars when I was a kid. So guess I'm old too.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Tues in some Druid terms means family. It was the day you spent with your family.

Thinking about my family, I have three half brothers, a half sister. My mom as far as I know is still living, my biological dad is dead, my stepdad is dead. All my grandparents, all three sets, are dead. I got two cousins on my dad's side, the boy was going to the Marines, the girl to study for being a librarian. Got one first cousin on mom's side, a whole "hill's" worth of other various cousins.

When I'm out people often comment I look like some Smith, or Brown, Thomas, Johnson they knew. Some have said I looked like Osama bin Laden, some say I'm Mexican, Spanish, Hispanic, Asian. Others still comment that I'm surely Native American, a few even see African in me. I've always had an innate ability to go anywhere and fit in, yet I don't fit in anywhere.

I often drift into my noise off mode. That's where you still everything inside yourself, let muscle memory, memory, training, experience guide your movement. That can lead to me walking into rooms behind someone and giving them a start when they turn. I don't do it intentionally, it just comes to me naturally. Part of something that got "put" into me, I was told, had no "off" switch. Yep, I'm a sneaky f**ker.

Something which dawned on me today, I'm a self-made man. Can recall all the Pawpaws teaching me all kinds of stuff, hearing all the old tales of how "it used to be". I come into manhood slowly due in part to the medical stuff different in me, in part because my mind/soul hadn't matured enough to "get there" any sooner. When I did get there, it was of my own doing. No father or dad ever guided my path. I took all the Pawpaws learnings, an uncle balancing how "it used to be" with how "it is now", made myself a man.

Here I am a man, but no real family. Wife leaving, but I get the cat. The rest of my family, dead or away. Reckon that's alright too. We all come in and go out alone.

Please note: I'm not feeling down, depressed, sad. I've just come to acceptance, a kind of peace I guess. Life is what it is, always was and always will be. No point to fight what is inevitable, invincible. I'm okay, as is said, amor fati.

Last edited:

SirKadly

Squonk 'em if you got 'em
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
*stares blankly after reading, blinks ...*

Ho Ho man ought to bring a lot of those kinds of folks, a big unfuck yourself machine, what makes them all go pop at the same time. The pop sound will be them pulling their heads out of their asses. May they be so blessed.
I'm not entirely sure that they have their heads up their own asses. Sometimes I think they are instead up the asses of the Big Tobacco executives who slipped a little something into their stockings.

VU Sponsors