Become a Patron!

Vaping on the Front or back Porch

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
OK, so kitchen and dinette all cleaned, floors washed and waxed all stainless steel appliances polished. Need to pick up a Birthday Cake for Mom and get her a card from Dad tomorrow morning. Probably a nice bouquet of flowers while I am at it. The only things I have to do tomorrow is make a fresh Focaccia Bread and prepare two entrees. Easy Broccoli Rabe for a veggie with Shrimp Scampi and Calamari Marinara over Linguini for the meal. Now it's wine time~!

wine-time-hooray.jpg
upload_2019-12-23_22-20-53.png

Rhianne

Diamond Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
OK, so kitchen and dinette all cleaned, floors washed and waxed all stainless steel appliances polished. Need to pick up a Birthday Cake for Mom and get her a card from Dad tomorrow morning. Probably a nice bouquet of flowers while I am at it. The only things I have to do tomorrow is make a fresh Focaccia Bread and prepare two entrees. Easy Broccoli Rabe for a veggie with Shrimp Scampi and Calamari Marinara over Linguini for the meal. Now it's wine time~!

wine-time-hooray.jpg
View attachment 152056

Sounds like it will be an amazing holiday. Enjoy the vino!

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Sounds like it will be an amazing holiday. Enjoy the vino!

Even though it is Christmas Eve I always try to make it Special for Mom's Birthday. I dropped off the Onion Pie I made for my buddy before and he freaked when I handed it to him. He was like Oh Shit~! It's so heavy! I told him 4-5 Lbs of Onions a Pound of Pecorino Romano Cheese plus the Pizza Dough and Peeled Tomatoes. My phone will be ringing tomorrow night and probably on Christmas also.

Rhianne

Diamond Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
What is on the agenda for you @Rhianne ?

Just spending time at home with my hubs for the holiday. We could’ve gone to visit relatives, but I’m just starting to feel better and I don’t like flying that much.

So, roast chicken, duck breast, fixings and pie. Plus eggnog and wine and/or beer. I haven’t really gotten anything special, though. The Duck is from the place I get my farm food.

A small but happy Christmas for us.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Duck is awesome~! I found that you should cook a duck on a rack so the fat can drip off while it cooks and helps to make it crispy~! Mmmmmm Making me hungry for Duck~!

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Company is coming at 5-5:30 and almost all pre-preparation is done. Now time to bang out a shower and wipe down two bathrooms before I make the Focaccia Bread. Thought I was going to have it easy today but have been running al day. Still have to wrap Mom gift and fill out her card~!

Wishing you all a Safe and Happy Holidays~!

Amber Petti

Platinum Contributor
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
Thank you. I’m hoping this holiday is really special for you. And that you get to have Rylen for the whole night.

Love you, Amber. So very glad you came to VU.
Love you too Rhi! Pray I get him tomorrow night please! It’s make my whole day and night! I’d be able to cuddle both my boys at the same time :inlove:! I hope you’re holiday is just as special as you are love! So happy I let you on here as well!

Amber Petti

Platinum Contributor
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
Company is coming at 5-5:30 and almost all pre-preparation is done. Now time to bang out a shower and wipe down two bathrooms before I make the Focaccia Bread. Thought I was going to have it easy today but have been running al day. Still have to wrap Mom gift and fill out her card~!

Can you come to my house and make dinner and clean my house!? Lol that’d be so great!

Rhianne

Diamond Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee

It’s amazing that you do that for your mom and dad. You’re a great son, Steve. Have a big hug from me. :HUG:

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
It’s amazing that you do that for your mom and dad. You’re a great son, Steve. Have a big hug from me. :HUG:

Thank You~! I overheard my Mom talking to my Aunt in Florida before and she said ................. Thank God she has me here to do everything I do. Gave me a warm Special Feeling to hear because I don't think she knew I could hear.

Rhianne

Diamond Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Merry Christmas, Steve and Bella, Bunny and Don, and anyone else who drifts through today.
Thanks for the gift of kindness and friendship here at VU. Love you all. :hug::weereindeer::hohoho::hug:

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Christine and I took Mom to visit with my sister at the Extended Care Facility for Christmas. Came home and had a quick bite to eat (Leftovers from last night). Have the veggies all cut and ready for cooking and my Prime Rib Rub made up ready to season the roast. Presents wrapped but I cheated and used gift bags so all that is left is write out the cards. Need to relax a bit before I shower and cook dinner.

Hoping everyone is having a Happy, Safe and Merry Christmas~!

tenor.gif

Rhianne

Diamond Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Christine and I took Mom to visit with my sister at the Extended Care Facility for Christmas. Came home and had a quick bite to eat (Leftovers from last night). Have the veggies all cut and ready for cooking and my Prime Rib Rub made up ready to season the roast. Presents wrapped but I cheated and used gift bags so all that is left is write out the cards. Need to relax a bit before I shower and cook dinner.

Hoping everyone is having a Happy, Safe and Merry Christmas~!

tenor.gif

Merry Christmas, Steve. Enjoy the holiday with your family. Sounds delicious, as usual. :hug:

Rhianne

Diamond Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
You too~! What are you doing for dinner?

More chicken. (I know, but I like it! Lol) And candied yams, some veggies, and that’s it. I feel like I’ve gained a few pounds! There’s no room in my tummy for more food. :teehee:

Oh, and Peppermint Latte flavored with LB Peppermint. Tastes nice with a little Vanilla Swirl! :hohoho:

Rhianne

Diamond Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
You open presents on Christmas Day, Steve? Very traditional and nice! We opened ours last night but left a few for today.

It was a nice holiday at home. I know yours was awesome, too!

Amber Petti

Platinum Contributor
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
So my mother in law put candles on the table and a napkin lit on fire along with her wreath decoration on the table! Quite fun! My niece thought my arm was in fire cuz it happened in front of me. I told her if that happened the only thing I’d be worried about would be my arm tattoos :giggle:

Rhianne

Diamond Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
So my mother in law put candles on the table and a napkin lit on fire along with her wreath decoration on the table! Quite fun! My niece thought my arm was in fire cuz it happened in front of me. I told her if that happened the only thing I’d be worried about would be my arm tattoos :giggle:

That’s hilarious! So, you’re Drew Barrymore in Firestarter now. What a pisser. :giggle:

VU Sponsors