Become a Patron!

Vaping on the Front or back Porch

Rhianne

Diamond Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Is he at home or Hospitalized?

He’s in a hospital in FL. My step mom said he’s getting “plasma and anti bodies”, which I thought was the corona test!! I mentioned that I wished he could get HCQ since he’s old, but they prolly won’t give it to him.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
One good thing about easing the lockdown! I may just cut my own again. It’s too humid out, and my hair is annoying me.

The Hairstylist has been open for a while now but I figured let things calm down a bit before I went. I was able to do the sides and some of the top and back but I wasn't going to make it look stupid so I was only doing what I could see in the back from the front. My Mustache and Beard Trimmer has attachments for hair but I was scared if I messed up the back I would have to give myself a buss cut.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
He’s in a hospital in FL. My step mom said he’s getting “plasma and anti bodies”, which I thought was the corona test!! I mentioned that I wished he could get HCQ since he’s old, but they prolly won’t give it to him.

So is he actually Positive for the Covid-19 or not?

Rhianne

Diamond Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
The Hairstylist has been open for a while now but I figured let things calm down a bit before I went. I was able to do the sides and some of the top and back but I wasn't going to make it look stupid so I was only doing what I could see in the back from the front. My Mustache and Beard Trimmer has attachments for hair but I was scared if I messed up the back I would have to give myself a buss cut.

Do you have a mustache and beard?

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Yes, that’s why they admitted him. He’s 80, so I guess they figured he was at risk.

How long has he been in the Hospital? Hoping although he tested Positive he could not have it as bad as it can be. My sister went from not eating to having a fever in a day or two and was on a ventilator not long after being admitted. Is he on Oxygen?

Rhianne

Diamond Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
How long has he been in the Hospital? Hoping although he tested Positive he could not have it as bad as it can be. My sister went from not eating to having a fever in a day or two and was on a ventilator not long after being admitted. Is he on Oxygen?

Since Monday he’s been in. I think prolly he got tested and came up positive and his wife took him to the hospital. She’s been texting and emailing me but there’s no real info. I’m waiting to be able to talk to my dad.

He’s not on a ventilator. I think he’s being watched to see what happens.

Rhianne

Diamond Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Since he is basically stable I feel it is a good thing. Possible he could be asymptomatic. Hopes and Prayers~!

Thanks! I think he is stable and just being observed. His wife dropped the news on me like a bombshell, so I kinda freaked out. The night before I found out, I was having trouble sleeping and kept worrying about my dad, which is unusual for me. When I got the news, I wasn’t really surprised since I almost “knew” something was up.

Rhianne

Diamond Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
giphy.gif

It’s Friday but it’s muggy and cloudy. :blech:

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
So got my hair cut in an almost empty Salon~! Goodness she was cutting for almost an hour~! Said my trimming was good work~! She said I actually layered the sides~! Then I hit a Walgreens for White Claws that were on sale and King Kullen. Sure is sticky for being in the mid seventies for sure~!

Rhianne

Diamond Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
So got my hair cut in an almost empty Salon~! Goodness she was cutting for almost an hour~! Said my trimming was good work~! She said I actually layered the sides~! Then I hit a Walgreens for White Claws that were on sale and King Kullen. Sure is sticky for being in the mid seventies for sure~!

It feels just as hot basically as when it was in the 90’s. I had to meet someone today and I was wearing a mask. It was so freaking hot!!

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Yeah turns out I wasn't finished when I went to prepare dinner I didn't have enough fresh lemon~! One more run to the market and didn't just get lemons.

Don29palms

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Unlisted Vendor
Well it only got to 112° today and 14% humidity. Yes it's a dry heat. It's not as bad as it sounds if you're use to it. When you're outside you don't notice you're sweating because it evaporates so fast. When I go into the bathroom I soak my hat and shirt in water. It takes about 5 minutes to dry out.

Rhianne

Diamond Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
giphy.gif

I’m gonna have tea, listen to old time radio and try to fall asleep. Prolly listen to The Shadow!

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Not really. My stepmom told me yesterday that my dad was in the ICU, so it kinda flipped me out a bit. I slept a bit in the evening and then I was up all night.

Him being in the ICU could be precautionary. (Hoping) What state are they in?

Rhianne

Diamond Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Him being in the ICU could be precautionary. (Hoping) What state are they in?

They’re in FL now. I hope it’s precautionary. She told me she thinks he’s going to recover, but it feels likes mixed messages. He is 80 though, so maybe they put him in there because of his age.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Well I did the lawns this morning but I think I am done for today. Tired and sore plus after getting a hair cut no hair to keep the sweat on my head so it was dripping off me. Time for some lunch~!

ajvapes

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
That looks a little too fancy for me but I saved it anyway. There was a pizzeria in Nanuet that made the best I ever had. The dough was similar to a bagel dough. you really need to make the dough a day before you need it. Allow the fresh dough to begin to rise, then retard it ( put in fridge for 24 hrs)... the next day let it reach room temp and proceed as fresh. That gives the dough density and allows the glutens to bind.

Don29palms

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Unlisted Vendor
Good morning EVERYBODY! I have to work on the Jeep today. It's throwing a check engine code and I need to replace the upstream O2 sensor. Simple enough.itvwill take longer to get out the tools than it will to do the job. $75 for a new sensor. This smog control garbage is such a scam.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Good morning EVERYBODY! I have to work on the Jeep today. It's throwing a check engine code and I need to replace the upstream O2 sensor. Simple enough.itvwill take longer to get out the tools than it will to do the job. $75 for a new sensor. This smog control garbage is such a scam.

Hopefully is it the Sensor~! Last time I was throwing O2 Sensor Codes I was swapping them out and when I ran the vehicle after clearing the codes the Intake Gasket was leaking into the cylinder and it popped outside~! Naturally I wasn't a happy camper~!

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Finally had a relaxing Saturday for a change but it was more like I was too sore and I think the heat got to me this morning. Just watched some movies and had a light dinner.

Don29palms

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Unlisted Vendor
Hopefully is it the Sensor~! Last time I was throwing O2 Sensor Codes I was swapping them out and when I ran the vehicle after clearing the codes the Intake Gasket was leaking into the cylinder and it popped outside~! Naturally I wasn't a happy camper~!
Once I got out to work on it the fix was cheap. The wires hit the intake manifold and got burnt. I cut out the bad spots and spliced them back together after rerouting them. I cleared the code and took it for a short run. For the time it's good. I'll find out Tuesday when I go to work.

gopher_byrd

Cranky Old Fart
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I was travelling last week for work which means I put in long hours and no time for the forum. It's going to be the same for the next few months so don't call out the search parties... :giggle:

It's time for some bourbon!

1596329697709.png

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I think because a got a hair cut on Friday I think the lack of 6 months plus of hair growth on top of my head, it let the sun get to me. I really got wiped doing the lawns yesterday morning.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Once I got out to work on it the fix was cheap. The wires hit the intake manifold and got burnt. I cut out the bad spots and spliced them back together after rerouting them. I cleared the code and took it for a short run. For the time it's good. I'll find out Tuesday when I go to work.

Can you return the parts you purchased? Sounds like a Home Run~!

VU Sponsors