Become a Patron!

Vaping on the Front or back Porch

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
*chuckling* Far better than wife's brother in law.

Reminds me of this ID-10-T I know and was talking about last night. He once said he doesn't use Chorizos because he can't find good ones. He knows everything about everything~! But when he changed his Battery in his BMW he hooked it up backwards and managed to get the Terminals fastened with all the sparks flying. Cost him an ECM.

Last edited:

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
The reason I said to check the thickness is because I learned a lesson once when I bought the wrong one which consisted of doing the job twice~! Hard to knock the toilet off a fresh hard layer of plaster~!

Harder still knocking it free of concrete. Her grandad is they type what could eyeball level and plumb. I go down and stand looking at a building he built years ago out of wood. He eyeballed fitting it together to take into account a drop in the land, settling, wind.

The lumber used is itself bound up tight on itself. Yes he nailed. He didn't need to in some of it. It's amazing looking at all the mitered cuts, angles and how he managed the foresight of keeping it solid all these years. Her dad has told me that eventually he wants to take it down. He would rather I go into it, strip it down respectfully.

Let me tell you, there's all kinds of lessons to be learned doing that, too. He doesn't want the other son in law just wrecking it. He knows me and his dad shared a connection. He wants me to "take the master class" so to speak. Damn it, getting sawdust in my eyes.

Was me that on the morning of his death let me come out for the M.E. safely. Had the clocks stopped and all reflective surfaces covered. Then, I asked the ladies to get busy fixing up a whopping meal. My wife's Dad knew I'd be sure his dad was sent off right. He called down to us that morning and told my wife to put me on. He told me. "Be down in a few."

Went into his bedroom, leaned in and give him a gentle kiss on his forehead. Her dad had told me to go in, take my time. He knew just on sight, same as i knew. So, when the meal was made everybody ate. Everybody had some coffee. Her dad found me outside as people his dad knew had started "stopping by". They knew without needing called.

I invited folks in because the squad had already come for transport. Some brought more food, others didn't but came in and ate. They come to me first, shook hands then went to her dad. None bothered with her brother in law. They had a sense of who was who. I wasn't being all lording in any way. People just respected because me and her grandad did work good together.

Got a lot of big boots to fill, only hope I measure even half of 'em. Been told I'm supposed to be head of three households. Funny though how I stay back in the shadows, let life do as it does. Not much for talking over what needs done, my talk is "next?" There's always next as well. Reckon they broke the mold with our grandfathers kind. :)

gopher_byrd

Cranky Old Fart
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
New work laptop was supposed to be delivered by 4:30PM yesterday. FedEx didn't arrive until after 6PM. Told the dude that he has to mark this as a service fail (FedEx term I looked up). I'm going to send an email to my company's shipping department letting them know so they can get a refund.

Anyway the new laptop is set up. Just need to download a few programs that I need.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
New work laptop was supposed to be delivered by 4:30PM yesterday. FedEx didn't arrive until after 6PM. Told the dude that he has to mark this as a service fail (FedEx term I looked up). I'm going to send an email to my company's shipping department letting them know so they can get a refund.

Anyway the new laptop is set up. Just need to download a few programs that I need.

They have a big Notification about Delays due to the Covid-19 so I would bet that is what they will blame it on. I had a Walmart Delivery take 5 deliveries for one order which required a reorder and took over a week.

gopher_byrd

Cranky Old Fart
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
They have a big Notification about Delays due to the Covid-19 so I would bet that is what they will blame it on. I had a Walmart Delivery take 5 deliveries for one order which required a reorder and took over a week.
It doesn't hurt to try. At least it's not money directly out of my pocket.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
So just came in from outside working all day. Sat on the Front Porch with Dad for a bit after I was finished or should I say gave up with working. Always something that needs doing so basically Never Done~!

Rhianne

Diamond Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Harder still knocking it free of concrete. Her grandad is they type what could eyeball level and plumb. I go down and stand looking at a building he built years ago out of wood. He eyeballed fitting it together to take into account a drop in the land, settling, wind.

The lumber used is itself bound up tight on itself. Yes he nailed. He didn't need to in some of it. It's amazing looking at all the mitered cuts, angles and how he managed the foresight of keeping it solid all these years. Her dad has told me that eventually he wants to take it down. He would rather I go into it, strip it down respectfully.

Let me tell you, there's all kinds of lessons to be learned doing that, too. He doesn't want the other son in law just wrecking it. He knows me and his dad shared a connection. He wants me to "take the master class" so to speak. Damn it, getting sawdust in my eyes.

Was me that on the morning of his death let me come out for the M.E. safely. Had the clocks stopped and all reflective surfaces covered. Then, I asked the ladies to get busy fixing up a whopping meal. My wife's Dad knew I'd be sure his dad was sent off right. He called down to us that morning and told my wife to put me on. He told me. "Be down in a few."

Went into his bedroom, leaned in and give him a gentle kiss on his forehead. Her dad had told me to go in, take my time. He knew just on sight, same as i knew. So, when the meal was made everybody ate. Everybody had some coffee. Her dad found me outside as people his dad knew had started "stopping by". They knew without needing called.

I invited folks in because the squad had already come for transport. Some brought more food, others didn't but came in and ate. They come to me first, shook hands then went to her dad. None bothered with her brother in law. They had a sense of who was who. I wasn't being all lording in any way. People just respected because me and her grandad did work good together.

Got a lot of big boots to fill, only hope I measure even half of 'em. Been told I'm supposed to be head of three households. Funny though how I stay back in the shadows, let life do as it does. Not much for talking over what needs done, my talk is "next?" There's always next as well. Reckon they broke the mold with our grandfathers kind. :)

Hello, Wonder Twin. Sending huge Love Bombz your way. B-52 do you alright? Hugz a go go, too. Nice to see you here.

Rhianne

Diamond Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
giphy.gif

Good morning, everyone. <3

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I didn’t see it. But my mailbox is full of stuff. Did you email me or send it PM here?

I know you sent me good wishes, though. You’re a good friend.

It is email from one of the E-card sites when you open it I will get a notification you did~!

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
So I went to the Market and got a Free 16 LB Turkey for Thanksgiving. Spent enough money at the store with my Member Card. Nice they do this. One time many years ago an older woman who used to work there made me sign up and I got a Free Turkey and a Ham that year. Made sure to go to her checkout lane when I got the freebies so I could Thank her Personally~!

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I searched my mailbox and I can’t find it. Very strange. I know if you said you sent it, it’s there.

The last few days have been stressful for me, though.

You're going to make me search my History to find the site I sent it from? I sent it twice by accident.

Synphul

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Got the coolant flushed on the truck, was pretty happy with it. Feeling I got most of the old stuff out, fresh coolant in. Everything seemed okie dokie. Bout a week later I go to run trash out, fire up the truck and get that stupid 'low coolant' light on. It was on and off after I flushed it, figure it's a funky sensor. Thought I better check it anyway. So I pop the hood, give the bottle a shake. See nothing move. It's not the filthiest bottle but it's stained so not exactly easy to see the coolant in it either.

Add some water. Add some more water. Still don't see it moving. Add almost a gallon and a half. This can't be good. Saw it slowly going down. Flashlight in hand, look up underneath. Weep hole in the water pump is just pissing. Son of a bitch. I had checked it after flushing seemed fine, no obvious leaks. That was Friday, ordered a gates pump, another gallon of dexcool, some felpro gaskets in case the gates ones were shit. Damn good thing, gates pump showed up sans gaskets.

Couldn't find a wrench big enough to get the fan clutch nut, thankfully a neighbor found one and gave me a hand with it. Much kudos to the neighbor for being a life saver. I'm done having fun with this turd for awhile lol.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Got the coolant flushed on the truck, was pretty happy with it. Feeling I got most of the old stuff out, fresh coolant in. Everything seemed okie dokie. Bout a week later I go to run trash out, fire up the truck and get that stupid 'low coolant' light on. It was on and off after I flushed it, figure it's a funky sensor. Thought I better check it anyway. So I pop the hood, give the bottle a shake. See nothing move. It's not the filthiest bottle but it's stained so not exactly easy to see the coolant in it either.

Add some water. Add some more water. Still don't see it moving. Add almost a gallon and a half. This can't be good. Saw it slowly going down. Flashlight in hand, look up underneath. Weep hole in the water pump is just pissing. Son of a bitch. I had checked it after flushing seemed fine, no obvious leaks. That was Friday, ordered a gates pump, another gallon of dexcool, some felpro gaskets in case the gates ones were shit. Damn good thing, gates pump showed up sans gaskets.

Couldn't find a wrench big enough to get the fan clutch nut, thankfully a neighbor found one and gave me a hand with it. Much kudos to the neighbor for being a life saver. I'm done having fun with this turd for awhile lol.

I have Special Fan Wrenches for that~!

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Now because you reminded me @Synphul after chasing that P0440 Code and finding the Bad Canister vent Valve, the other day I was driving and was in a parking lot and the Fucking MIL came on~! Pulled over and took out the scanner and now I have a P0442 Minor Leak Code~! I will be glad when I can not be driving with the freaking scanner in my truck~! Now I have to see what the Diagnostic Tree says Probably the steel line next to the one I replaced for the brakes or maybe I knocked a hose off~!

VU Sponsors