Become a Patron!

Vaping on the Front or back Porch

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I started from Seed last year and had a shitty yield. This year I am buying the Tomato plants. Maybe some Peppers. The beans and Cucumbers I always start from seed. My Basil did well along with the Oregano which I was using until it got buried under 20 inches of snow~! The Parsley didn't grow.

I heard from a woman who works for the town that is was the weather but I blamed the Corona Virus. I have noticed the Fresh Produce in the stores isn't as awesome as usual also.

Rhianne

Diamond Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
giphy.gif

Good morning, everyone. <3

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I'm having a fun morning. *chuckles* Got coffee, had a TVP (Textured Vegetable Protein) "freezer pleazer" for breakfast. On a whim I thought, why not look something up.

"How to live with congenital brain damage", went into Ecosia search.

Well it come along with different types, causes, symptoms, how to avoid. I was looking at the listing of causes. One was family history of mental illness, dementia. Lemme see, my grandma on mom's side, granddad on dad's side, mom .. erm, okay check got all the mental illness.

A few ways to avoid do not drink alcohol, at all, avoid all kinds of drugs legally prescribed or not. Alrighty well I know mom doped and drank, sure dad had his share.

Also need to consider the trauma of having died at 11 months old.

*shaking my head* No damn wonder I get bouts of confusion that can last days. No wonder I feel perfectly fine left all alone. I create friends and we go on our own merry way. :) Sometimes I need reading glasses to see stuff or I might see blurs. I have math dyslexia. Can do it as someone is talking me through it, try getting me to put it on paper on my own. Ha!

I did learn a trick from my welding teacher, Martin though. "Martin is on my paper talking to me." So I can work through even trigonometry but I need it in the context of blueprints, materials, costs, and a host of variables. I also need to know it's not timed. Algebra is crap. Vastooie to it.

Storm Troopers got the cookies huh? *turns and vanishes as he wanders along to raid a Trooper patrol*

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Had a blast today. Called out for an 8 hour shift at Ravenswood Middle. The principle there is a very nice guy.

"Y'all don't do what you don't need to do. You're my custodians. You tell me you got me clean I'll trust that. Mind, I may randomly check. Though I figure your honor suffices."

It is a pristine new school, opened last Autumn. The carpets/rugs are vacuumed nearly daily by the lady I substituted for today. As a result well, the carpets & rugs are all clean. I wasn't going to do them.

Went in to check for trash in the principle's office. His can was empty.

Me: "What I'm supposed to do?"

Him: "Well, I guess you go get trash elsewhere."

Me: "Now listen here. You got me working to take out your trash. You got no trash. How do I earn a wage?"

Him: *finding some notebook paper with those little fuzzy edges, tearing it off and letting the edges fall into the trash." "So now what do you say?"

Me: "I'm gonna tell you that's not enough to fool with. Also, I'm not vacuuming your carpets, boss."

Him: "She does every day."

Me:"Uh huh, so gee I reckon they're filthy. I'm not doing what doesn't need done."

Him: "Who said you could you do that?"

Me. "Some guy thought he was boss, boss."

Later on he spotted me dust mopping the hall.

Him: "What doing?"

Me: "Dust mopping to have something to do."

Him: "Oh, alright so long as your not just looking busy."

Me: "Naw, not me boss I'd neva do such a thing."

He knew darn well that's all I was doing but didn't care. He told me to carry on. Wound up with a palm sized pile of dirt. As if the floors were dirty.

I did both upstairs and downstairs today. I had to turn on the lights going in. Being a new school they've got it set up automated. I kept hearing the heating cut on as I switched on lights. Checked the thermostats in a few rooms. Saw the temp come up to cozy for kids.

All in it was a fun day. I was listed to get out at 3, left just before 2 after coming in at 7. No one cares I left an hour early or come in 15 minutes late. I got the work, such as it was, done Bathrooms stayed fairly clean.

Had a bit of down time between my "cycles", no one task mastered me. I sat in the closet got my stuff ready. Sat, got up in time to go get stuff done. Kept at it steady, got it done. More down time.

About 1:30 to 1:40 I decided on heading to the faculty room to sit. Took my jacket in. Principle saw me. "Calling it a day?"

"Just might. Got you squared away."

"I'll tell them you left at 2 then. Don't mind taking the extra hour, already budgeted."

"Right, sir. Thanks."

About 1:45 FIL showed up to get me. I come on out.

Of course, the whole school is on CCTV which feeds right to the BOE. They know, they don't care so long as the work is done. Most of the schools got CCTV too. Not like anyone is "getting by" with anything in coming out early. You get "slated" your time, be it half shift or full. Get done soon and so long as your not much more than hour to an hour early leaving, nobody cares.

Last edited:

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Went to FIL's, got a pile of firewood stacked in on his porch for him. He had it brought to him Monday whilst I was working. Went down at around 6, finished about 9:30. He paid me a coffee and microwave pancakes and gravy. Come back to house, watched Raw that was on last night. Looking at Good Doctor presently. So yep, so far so good. :)

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Took Mom to the Monuments Company to have Dad's name added to the Gravestone. Karen passed away in May but due to the Covid-19 we could not get the stone installed. Then with Dads passing it had more work to be done and then the snow sitting on the ground caused more delays. On the way back to her to Hicks Nursery so she bought some plants.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
So I am sitting here and one of the PC's in the Network Rack was really making noise with the Fans screaming. So I decided to pull it out and take it apart. Man the Heat Sink for the Graphics Chip was smoking hot~! So I pulled that and the Processor Heat Sink and found the Thermal Paste turned to dust. I guess PC's weren't designed to last for almost 20 years~! LMFAO.

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
FWIW, this works for me. I've used it on both CPU and GPU applications and it lasts for years without drying up. When I pulled apart my old C2D in the living room from like 2012 for the rebuild, the paste was still paste. The tube of it I have now, I bought for the 2014 build of the Coolermast HAF box...still good. :)

Better than Artic Silver 5 or Ceramique, IMO.

The 2014-era FX6300 box I'm on now:

Snap1341.png

Nice and chill. Fans aren't actually low, they are slow 200mm jobbers...

Last edited:

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
FWIW, this works for me. I've used it on both CPU and GPU applications and it lasts for years without drying up. When I pulled apart my old C2D in the living room from like 2012 for the rebuild, the paste was still paste. The tube of it I have now, I bought for the 2014 build of the Coolermast HAF box...still good. :)

Better than Artic Silver 5 or Ceramique, IMO.

I saw that at Microcenter when I picked up the Thermaltake TG-50

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I saw that at Microcenter when I picked up the Thermaltake TG-50
IDK about that one, seems a bit goopy?

This stuff, just a thin application is all ya need. I do the pea-size with my big aftermarket HSFs. YMMV. :)

HpsOLxil.jpg

mL1J6scl.jpg

My EVGA GTX770 2GB, while dated now, it runs at like 29C after I re-tinned it with that Tuniq-TX2. So does my even older and hotter EVGA 560ti FPB 1GB on the Linux box.

I watch tv/movies, stream and do re-encodes all day with CUDA and/or DXVA with those 'ol beasties. :)

Read the comments here:

Long as it works, all good I say. :D

Last edited:

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Yes, very thick and gooey. I went for this because it was 4G so enough for plenty of applications.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
So pissed at UPS right now~! Finally got the HDTV Mount I ordered for the TV that went bad on Super Bowl Sunday that I got working again. Piece of shit didn't fit the TV so I had to extend the brackets on the feet. Food thing I stock steel. Supposed to fit a 42" but too small for a 40".

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I can't wait for this day to be over. Was driving Dads car and now I am missing him dearly. I must have tossed the lining off a brake pad so my brakes are grinding in the rear. Took a peak under the truck this morning and not trashing the rotor yet but sounds like shit. Ordered OEM Genuine OEM AC Delco pads but will take 3-5 days to get here.

VU Sponsors