Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
giphy.gif

Good morning, everyone. <3

2WhiteWolves

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I would love to get another Fur Baby but losing my little buddy still hurts 14 years later~!

View attachment 178717

He hated when I took his picture~!

So cute !

The heartache never goes away :sad: :cry: , but Thankfully it does dull down.
But I don't know if I could go without a fur baby. Have had doggies and kitties throughout life. Though, more doggies than kittes.

! WAKE UP ! from the MEDIA SPELL !

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Same here I had many dogs but my Little Buddy was with me for over 18 years. I wasn't his owner I was his human~!

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I wasn’t familiar with any of the new Apple stuff but I like my refurb iPad, so I figured I couldn’t go wrong with a MacBook Air.

I will never use Apple Products because of the Right To Repair. I once wanted to buy a Battery for my IPod but they won't sell it to me.

gopher_byrd

Cranky Old Fart
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
My wife and I had a great day today wine tasting at a couple of wineries where we are club members. We came home with 10 bottles of wine so it was a winning day!

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Got coffee in & a Banquet Swedish meatballs for breakfast. Don't like where my head is at this morning.

Got a few thoughts which are seeming to linger. First, "eat right, exercise right, live right, die anyway." Second, "adapting means changing to live, humans adapt but still die anyway."

I quit smoking for vaping to reduce health risks. Ha, problem/s with my kidney/s still comer along. I know maybe kidney issues have nothing to do with smoking or vaping. My point being I made a change and still get a snafu.

I used to be able to carry up two big sacks of laundry to the car up our little hill here. Yesterday I had to pause half way up the hill. I was worn out. Don't figure either sack weighed over 15 pounds. Hell, I use to carry 70 pound sacks of quick-crete up bigger hills, toss 75 pound hay bales twenty foot up to a hay wagon.

Now, I'm just getting tired of being tired. It isn't that I fear death. No, not in any way. Heck death seems an old friend. He's a natural part of living. "If it lives, it dies." Like I said, tire of being tired even if I've been doing nothing. Tired of getting worn out after gathering trash in schools. It's not difficult, just walking from room to room with a cart, dumping cans into your sack.

Don't know, just not in a good head space this morning. Sorry.

Last edited:

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Have a nice Pot Roast in the Slow Cooker so nothing left to do but slice it later and pick up a loaf of bread~!

View attachment 178730

Let it cook down four hours or longer and you won't need to slice it. It'll fall apart. Used to make my wife supper like that when we lived in the apartment. I'd put a roast on, add stuff as it come to me, we'd have a delicious pot roast stew.

Through the day I might have a sammy or few. I would do up dishes from the night before of a morn, then go clean bathrooms, vacuum, mop kitchen.

Oh no! I'm a clean-a-holic. And yes, I dusted and cleaned internal windows weekly. Hm, reckon I'm Ben the happy house husband. *sighs* Just not happy this morning. Bah. I'll get by it. Maybe, or just keep on keeping on.

Last edited:

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
:wave: Good afternoon and Happy first day of March :) only 19 more days for Spring to start :bliss:

! WAKE UP ! from the MEDIA SPELL !

Shh. Don't scare it away.

I'll like the fact that weather will become moderate. Will not like the fact that trees will be in bloom, along with all the other plants.

Used to not have allergies. Past few years though I've been prone to them. Whoever sent me this "Getting Old" gift can take it back. I never wanted to be an adult though I had to be one from age 4.

Yep, at age 4 I was getting our grocery list off the fridge, crossing the street. I would have a "boy" named "Smokey" help me. He would take a cart through the store. I would read the list. He couldn't read.

He filled the cart, got us rang up and made sure the money was right. Then, he brought the cart across the street with bagged up groceries for me. He would help set stuff in the kitchen on the table. I give him two dollars for helping. Then, I put groceries away.

Mom would come in late from working at the "plant" where they made chicken. I would only stay up until 8 pm. Then I would go get a bath, go to bed after locking up. I would enjoy The Hardy Boys & Nancy Drew television shows.

Now that African American "boy" owns the old grocery store, George's Market. He learned to read and got a college degree in business. Old man George still comes around some but he doesn't call boy anymore. No, he calls him boss.

That's life for you.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I keep getting sent to a particular school. Keep getting the impression the principle there really appreciates the job I do. Called out yesterday to it, slated 5:45 to 1:45. I could not get there until 7. No problem, just go and pull the 8 hours. Ended up leaving 15 minutes early.

I worked upstairs and downstairs. I helped handle 4 waves of breakfast in the cafeteria. Cleaned bathrooms at least three times, five different ones, as in one set, two set, three set, a fourth and fifth single. Checked on dressing rooms, swept down halls twice. I took out trash three times not counting the cafeteria trash.

I wiped down door knobs all on lower floor. Did not get to upper floor. I vacuumed the office main through fare and two offices. The rugs at the doors looked okay. Did not clean windows as the one I substituted for does them daily. That and vacuuming only need done weekly, this according to school board policy, principle's policy. I was not shirking.

I restocked bathrooms, swept them out. No mopping as it too according to policy is "as needed". There is a lot the person I substituted for did daily that is on an "as needed" basis according to policy. Again, I'm not shirking but if it was "as needed" and I didn't see need, I didn't worry over it.

The principle stopped me for a bit in a hall.

"Ben, I've not seen you most of the day."

"Sir, I had four breakfast shifts in the cafeteria and I've been occupied."

"I know. I also know you are indeed working and doing very well at it. My teachers are all telling me so."

"Ben, keep up the excellent work."

"Oh no, what am I doing wrong, sir?"

"Nothing, I am genuinely complimenting you."

"Um, okay I'll work harder."

"No Ben, you get breaks. Go sit for a few minutes. You deserve that. Get a drink of water, catch your breath."

"Sir."

Then when I left I saw him in passing, I gestured that I was heading out. He smiled, nodded and went back to who he was talking to.

I also fixed a bathroom sink aerator properly, snugged so it would not keep falling out of the spigot. I used channel locks to snug it in. The secretary got me. "Ben, he wants that just finger tight. It'll come loose again, that's fine. He wants it that way." So, he got it just finger tight. *chuckles*

It let's him hang an "Out Of Order" sign on the door, to see if people catch the "joke", or he keeps the kids out of it. *shrugs* I dunno but he got it like he wanted, not fixed proper. When I fixed it proper, I hung the sign on his office door, just figuring he would see I had fixed it. I didn't do it being a smart ass. I think he knew that too.

Ahhhh, need coffee ... *wanders off to remedy that*

Last edited:

VU Sponsors