Become a Patron!

Vaping on the Front or back Porch

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Might have Ham Steak and Eggs for Breakfast/Brunch but this weekend I will make a Ham Stock and thinking of Split Pea with Ham Soup instead of my White Bean. I bought a Spiral Cut ham so not slicing~!

2WhiteWolves

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
ead115c92efa8e1826b55b2898bf087e.gif

! WAKE UP ! from the MEDIA SPELL !

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
So headed out early to Varnish the Railing on top of the Garage. Came in and had lunch but no ham steak~! Then decided my truck needed a good detailing so I gave it a good wash and then a Lucas Spray Wax polishing. Did the glass and Tire Wet on the tires along with touching up the chips in the rims. Finished off with a vacuum and then sat on the porch vaping with a beer admiring my work~! Now time for a nice shower and another beer~!

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I ran out of Black Night Tire Wet yesterday so I went to Advance Auto Parts knowing I had a $10 Coupon. Purchased 3 23 Oz Bottles for Pickup and after an Additional discount wound up buy 1 get 2 FREE~! Cool

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
So I went to Advance early this morning to pick up mu Tire Wet. Get home and put them in the garage to find out the last one I bought was 32 Oz. like everything these days same price for smaller amount~! Still got a great deal for 69 Oz's.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Got a call out yesterday to work for someone at Ripley high school. No more than an hour, or two later the school board office itself calls. Can I work the same hours & location again today(Friday)? I tell the lady sure.

Get in an hour early, do my "paper work". After a spell the usual crew is there except for the girl/lady I'm substituting. They are talking about this gal's dad having the 'rona. One of the other gals during the night will phone her and insist she go to family medicine and get tested.

This gal lives with her dad and he got hit hard. Took pneumonia with it. So while I'm sure glad I might see a steady long term "job", also sad for someone facing that crap. Nobody needs to deal with that.

Anyway my work in this spot involves cleaning three smaller buildings. I can get two done from 3:20 pm to about 6 pm. So two in two hours and forty minutes. May swab high spotting tonight. Last night the places looked okay. They are a wood shop and agriculture building respectively.

Third building is one we've dubbed the sweat lodge. It's a steel structure much akin to a military drill hall. They use it for an athletics building. You run a sweeper over the mat floored weight area, clean a bathroom, swab out a shower area once or twice a week.

Let me explain the shower area before folks misunderstand my scheduling. I spray bomb it, floor, walls with an industrial strength disinfectant daily. The young men are expressly told to wear "shower shoes" to shower. Yes, I specifically asked the coach that was in last night. He is the "authority" what suggested my schedule.

One of the shower heads does a constant "leaking" which runs over the floor. He said to not fix that as it is part of the ecology of the building and shower area to let it run. If there's water moving over things nothing can grow or take foothold.

Yes, this makes sense. Any men here, or even ladies that have been out in the bush understand drinking from where water passes over rocks. Get water that is moving, it's clean. The coach uses the same principle in keeping the shower area clean.

So there's my night/s for a bit from 3 to 11. I'll be having a good pay day. Wife figured out my pay schedule. She's paid every two weeks on even weeks. I'm paid every two weeks on odd weeks. This means one Friday she's paid, the next I am and so on.

Yesterday going to work my father in law assured me 15 years will fly by. It's been made really clear that the people who are in position to say, are impressed with my work. Also clear people like me generally and do want me "staying around". I'm just waiting for a decent spot to open full time.

There's about five different schools I'm seeing that really need help. Think I would fit in well at any of them. One seems to have a spot opening night shift. One lady is retiring, if not this year end, soon. We'll see. :)

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I am having a rough day because I can't stop thinking about my Father. My Dad was the Bomb and all day I am running into reminders of his Love and Caring, how he took care of us. But I feel like I was Blessed for having him bust my balls for my 59 Years~! RIP Dad~!

*just hugs, steps back* Glad you had that in your life. Not everyone does, and can tell you from experience that growing up acting as your own dad really stinks. But yeah, *hugs again, steps back*

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Have to shower and go pick up mu eye glasses. Figured I would stop by Walmart for Red Mulch but looks like they are out of stock.

Pfft. You didn't need it anyway. Just cut you up all you junk mail, compost it with your grass clippings & leaves, food waste. You might add some saw dust & presto, got you a decent mulch.

Sorry, forgot to mention but figured you know, ... don't toss your plastic or glossy junk mail into that compost.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Pfft. You didn't need it anyway. Just cut you up all you junk mail, compost it with your grass clippings & leaves, food waste. You might add some saw dust & presto, got you a decent mulch.

Sorry, forgot to mention but figured you know, ... don't toss your plastic or glossy junk mail into that compost.

The Wood Mulch is to keep the weeds from growing in the flower beds. Also it looks good.

1617974365059.png

Synphul

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
So finally got my strawberries in the mail. Ordered in early March, left out from Gurney's 10 days ago. Finally showed up. Not real thrilled with those assclowns. Emailed them once before the plants arrived asking what to do if the plants arrive dead, will I get a refund, replacement order, will they even have strawberries available to ship of the same variety this far down the road? No response. Emailed again a few days later, no response. They get here today in plastic bags, bare root. The little pissful of dirt they shipped with, completely dry. No moisture in the bag, the dirt looks like powdered sawdust and left a static dust cling all over the inside of the bag. Roots looking dry as shit. Took a pic, emailed to them again and no response.

Finally sent them a message on fb, none too nice. Apparently I'm not the only one and should have gone to their page first. Might have bought elsewhere. People been having problems with them left and right this past year. Delayed shipments, dead plants, wrong plants, you name it. On top of it I opened up the packages trying to save what I could. Supposed to be 10 of each variety. One bag only had 7 plants in it. Dug around the dry potting mix, not a dead leaf, withered root, nothing. 7. So some jackoff can't even count.

Went ahead and soaked them, trimmed the roots up some, got them planted. Rain hit an hour earlier than the forecast suggested so was half planting in the rain. Thankful the swell mod is water resistant, my definite 'garden' mod. lol. We'll see what happens. Finally reached them on the phone, said they reship the order. I don't expect many of these plants to make it in the condition they were in. Even though the actual shipping is out of their control, it's their choice of shippers. If they can't get it done, use someone else. Even ignoring all that, if a customer has an issue and has to email you 3x and still no response over the course of a week - fuck 'em. That's asking very little, just a response.

On the brighter side, the fava beans are sprouting up. Planted some last end of summer near fall but the weather got too nasty too quick and they didn't get a chance to produce. I know they're a cool weather plant, got them in several weeks ago. Hopefully early enough for them to produce something before the hot summer heat hits. Found out corn and tomatoes don't coexist nicely so may have to rethink plans on that. Planned to have the corn near the end of the tomato planter (outside the raised bed). Maybe if I move it some. Never dawned on me, never really grew corn at home. Apparently they share a similar parasite, the silk worm or something.

The strawberry planter works out nice, in a way I didn't expect. The dirt's mostly composted manure and drains pretty easy (did layer some hay in to help retain moisture and a bit of fresher manure). When watering a tier and it runs down through the dirt or hits the tilted rails of the tiers and runs down it slowly rains down to the tier below it. So each successive wider tier catches the runoff from the one above. Seems to work out well.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
So finally got my strawberries in the mail. Ordered in early March, left out from Gurney's 10 days ago. Finally showed up. Not real thrilled with those assclowns. Emailed them once before the plants arrived asking what to do if the plants arrive dead, will I get a refund, replacement order, will they even have strawberries available to ship of the same variety this far down the road? No response. Emailed again a few days later, no response. They get here today in plastic bags, bare root. The little pissful of dirt they shipped with, completely dry. No moisture in the bag, the dirt looks like powdered sawdust and left a static dust cling all over the inside of the bag. Roots looking dry as shit. Took a pic, emailed to them again and no response.

Finally sent them a message on fb, none too nice. Apparently I'm not the only one and should have gone to their page first. Might have bought elsewhere. People been having problems with them left and right this past year. Delayed shipments, dead plants, wrong plants, you name it. On top of it I opened up the packages trying to save what I could. Supposed to be 10 of each variety. One bag only had 7 plants in it. Dug around the dry potting mix, not a dead leaf, withered root, nothing. 7. So some jackoff can't even count.

Went ahead and soaked them, trimmed the roots up some, got them planted. Rain hit an hour earlier than the forecast suggested so was half planting in the rain. Thankful the swell mod is water resistant, my definite 'garden' mod. lol. We'll see what happens. Finally reached them on the phone, said they reship the order. I don't expect many of these plants to make it in the condition they were in. Even though the actual shipping is out of their control, it's their choice of shippers. If they can't get it done, use someone else. Even ignoring all that, if a customer has an issue and has to email you 3x and still no response over the course of a week - fuck 'em. That's asking very little, just a response.

On the brighter side, the fava beans are sprouting up. Planted some last end of summer near fall but the weather got too nasty too quick and they didn't get a chance to produce. I know they're a cool weather plant, got them in several weeks ago. Hopefully early enough for them to produce something before the hot summer heat hits. Found out corn and tomatoes don't coexist nicely so may have to rethink plans on that. Planned to have the corn near the end of the tomato planter (outside the raised bed). Maybe if I move it some. Never dawned on me, never really grew corn at home. Apparently they share a similar parasite, the silk worm or something.

The strawberry planter works out nice, in a way I didn't expect. The dirt's mostly composted manure and drains pretty easy (did layer some hay in to help retain moisture and a bit of fresher manure). When watering a tier and it runs down through the dirt or hits the tilted rails of the tiers and runs down it slowly rains down to the tier below it. So each successive wider tier catches the runoff from the one above. Seems to work out well.

Try Burpee instead. My grandmother swore by them for years. And for years their seeds, plants were ones what yeilded us excellent bumper crops from gardens. Pap had grandma order 20lbs of seed potatoes from them. They kept producing over a half a ton of yield. We kept running out of places to replant every year.

Of course, potatoes are fairly easy. Grandma liked their Blue Lake half runner (bush, sorry ... she always called them half runners but grandma suffered dementia too, so. ) beans. She kept replanting them from off an original 1oz packet, for several years. They remained the same bean year after year, hardy but flavorful. She also liked some their tomatoes. Yep, Burpee's is the way to go. They got CS too.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Going to give the lawns a cut and have to apply the Scott's Step 1. Just need to fill the tank with Caffeine.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Just checked and the weather says Showers at 9AM so either I will get a little drizzle on me or I will have to wait a few hours. I will see.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Just checked and the weather says Showers at 9AM so either I will get a little drizzle on me or I will have to wait a few hours. I will see.
*cuts on the big light over the back row that reads "Peanut Gallery Open!"*

"Boo! Hisssss!" "Get out there and mow it any damn way, rain, sleet, snow."

Nah, just shitting with you. Half tempted to go do some weed eating meself but heard there's a chance of rain. Besides I'm sure the witch will take us for laundry, little shopping. Then, 7-11 pm I'm lost to television for two nights. "I'm going to WrestleMania!" :D :)

No, not me personally. I am though going to watch it on Peacock live streamed. They're back actually live in front of a crowd, thinking they said 25,000. Not one of their larger crowds, they've sold out 150,000 at times. Been doing tapings in a closed athletic center for their weeklies & pay per view events. Be nice hearing a crowd "pop" again.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I work in most weather but right after I said it was going to rain at 9AM I went for a cup of coffee and it was raining already~! No reason to not wait until it dries up a little bit.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I work in most weather but right after I said it was going to rain at 9AM I went for a cup of coffee and it was raining already~! No reason to not wait until it dries up a little bit.
I had "fun" last night. I'm already substitute for a "gal", her dad has the 'rona & pneumonia with it. So everyone has just figured she's out for ten days at least. Then, Ange comes through our "hide hole" break room & tells us another gal has called off without a sub.

Ange looked at me. "Got it," she asked. "I'll do your bathrooms if you pull classroom trash, high spot sweep." I nodded. So I pulled half another person's work plus my own. Then, I got busy doing a bit more too. Found a few "busy work" things to go do.

Night's end Ange looks at me. "Damn it boy, you a worker. Glad you're here this week." I've got seven different schools in our county all vying to woo me to come in and be with them full time. Not once have heard negative about my work. Yes, I get a bit confused on dates, working schedules. But when I get to it, I hammer the work.

I know of possibly one full-time spot to soon come open. It's a "night shift" spot too, 2-10. One of the more seasoned ladies is going to retire either end of this year, or very soon after. Do believe she is custodian IV which means she does paperwork/inventory. It also means she might earn say $3 an hour more. That's not a huge bump up still, it would put me at $20 hourly.

Matter of fact been thinking about the issue. They actually do need a day shift custodian at that school. What I figure is someone doing a 16 to 17-hour shift daily would really be helpful. Could I do that? Been a while but given the nature of the work, yes, I think I could. It's not "kill yourself" hard work. You can go at your own pace and there's the "if it doesn't look to need, don't do" rule.

Why would I want to do this? Well, point-blank they only have one custodian on for the day shift. She's caught up dealing with breakfast and lunches for the cafeteria. The six cooks they got do not do a thing to help her. There's no other custodian doing the rest of the school. So, it would for sure fill the void having me run the rest of the school day shift and then one hall at night.

At the other schools, the cooks come out and help clean the cafeterias. Not sure why there's a difference here but it is what it is. At the other schools too, you might have three cooks. I don't know and it's not my concern beyond I know the "gal" working it needs help. And gee, funnily enough, I like helping people. The pay isn't bad either but that's just icing.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Always that way some just think they are above a type of work or the old saying it's not my job~!

Yep, hear that. My response to "not my job"? "Not mine either but I'm a doer, I do. You(general case) can just go hide and watch my smoke, I git 'er done". Then guess what? I get paid. :)

Bah! *muttering incomprehensibly* My witch says my idea is a no-go. *smh* Oh well. *chuckles*

Last edited:

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
So 5 hours straight outside working. Trimmed a couple of bushes that needed a little trim~! Guess what I found when I was in the shed? The Eye Glasses I lost weeks ago~! I must have had them fall off my collar when I went into the shed for Charcoal or Lighter Fluid. Now I have 4 pairs of Glasses although one is for reading.

Synphul

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Started raining here last night toward the evening when I planted the strawberries. Just a light drizzle, not too bad. Rained slow and steady most of the night like that. Then came the downpours along with some hail and more downpours. Overcast today so not much has dried up, and been drizzling on and off. As it was checked my 2ft deep post holes for the tomato trellis uprights. Yup, a good 12-18" of standing water in the clay. Probably close to full after last night. Swimming pools, fantastic. lol

Synphul

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Awesome, my crimping tool showed up finally. Now have the tool, the crimp fittings and the fuse that will hopefully patch up my dryer to get it running ago. Since it's going on week 3. Told Amazon the package never arrived, so they resent the crimp tool. One shows up in the mailbox today finally.

Entered the tracking # to see which one, the initial tool or the replacement. Tracking info indicated it was the first one that got lost or whatever. And in usps tracking info says 'Delivered in or at mailbox April 3' with a green checkmark. No the fuck it didn't. Today is the 10th and it JUST showed up. Usps really needs to stop fuckin lying. It's getting old. If it's lost, fine, if it's delayed whatever. But don't out and out fucking lie. Say it was delivered 7 days ago and it just shows up in the box today.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Awesome, my crimping tool showed up finally. Now have the tool, the crimp fittings and the fuse that will hopefully patch up my dryer to get it running ago. Since it's going on week 3. Told Amazon the package never arrived, so they resent the crimp tool. One shows up in the mailbox today finally.

Entered the tracking # to see which one, the initial tool or the replacement. Tracking info indicated it was the first one that got lost or whatever. And in usps tracking info says 'Delivered in or at mailbox April 3' with a green checkmark. No the fuck it didn't. Today is the 10th and it JUST showed up. Usps really needs to stop fuckin lying. It's getting old. If it's lost, fine, if it's delayed whatever. But don't out and out fucking lie. Say it was delivered 7 days ago and it just shows up in the box today.

They once told me the driver might mark it delivered but deliver it later. So I asked it is common practice and allowable for drivers to COMMIT PURGERY? Crickets~!

VU Sponsors