Become a Patron!

Vaping on the Front or back Porch

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
You never know, but you may find you enjoy grilling when you get your own place.
No need to go crazy on a grill, a smaller one like @SteveS45 has would be fine for you and the wife.

Oh I agree, it might be I enjoy doing it once in our own place. Also agree I see no need to go spend a limb on a grill. Easiest case scenario, dig a pit, toss some steel grate over it and grill. :) We did similar along the river a few times.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Had a fun day at school today, playing with the principle. :D

Got in about ten minutes late. No one said a thing. I still wrote I was in at 6 AM as the call out stated.

Went on kept at it steady, moving swiftly from one thing to the next. Realized about 8 AM I was roughly an hour ahead. This come because at 8 AM I was fussing at a straggling class for their breakfast trash. "Breakfast trash, last call, get on the ball. I don't want to stall."

The teachers of the class tried fussing back. I apologized but said I did things a little different. I had already given them an extra 15 minutes, got a few more things done, come back. It all come to one child straggling along. "We usually get more time," one of the teachers said.

"Sorry," I replied "Need to keep moving on schedule."

"I'll just look at your schedule," she called out.

I replied, "Be my guest."

The schedule put me taking out breakfast trash about 7:50 to 8:15. She apparently did look and guess she realized there was no point fussing to the principle.

Then, later on one of the cooks stopped me in the hallway. "I've not seen you all day. I don't see you but know you're everywhere. I think you're nowhere but know you've done your work because I see it and smell it."

"Ancient ninja secret," I said "be everywhere and nowhere at same time." Just then the principle, Matt, had walked up silently behind her.

He chimed up quietly, softly ... "He does it to avoid me." She nearly leapt out of her skin. Me and him both grinned under our masks, nodded to one another and went opposing directions.

I heard her later half complaining to the other cook about us "darn sneaky ninja ranger types running an elementary school." The other cook just laughed.

As much as I'm an alpha I got handed a lesson today too. Matt saw a lunch room full of 4/5th graders starting to get rowdy. What does he do? Goes deadly silent, walks over fixes himself a lunch tray, sits and eats. The lunch room was so quite I think from ten miles you could have heard a pin, sewing pin, drop.

He's a good fellow too. I know he checks my work but at the same time know he also feels no need to do so. He doesn't care if I get ahead and am sitting doing nothing for up to an hour. Which kind of happened today. I got everything caught up and had to wait on lunch to do anything else.

There was no extra "busy" work for me to do. So, sit I did. There was one extra thing but it didn't take long. I needed to fetch some books out to trash. One of the text book companies had sent books as samples which remained unused. So I carted them to the dumpster.

So yes, a fun day at school today. By the by, it's a national level blue ribbon elementary school for at least a decade now. I'm helping keep it so when I work there.

Synphul

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Which Grill did you order?
I went with the char griller smokin champ. Offset grill/smoker. HD had them for $200, around 100 more than I wanted to spend. But seems to have gotten good reviews. Several people said they had theirs 5-6yrs, not sure if they all last like that or the older models were built better. Hoping to get more than a season or two out of it. The one I had was a kingsford or at least had their name slapped on it. I've seen others identical to it with different brands on them. Most everyone seems to have the same issue, the coal tray and ash pan rusting out in a season.

It's bigger than I'm used to but nice to have extra space. Says it'll fit 4 briskets, 6 rack of ribs or 8 chickens. Planning to make some improvements to it, high temp sealer for the seams and where the offset mates to the grill. Add some angle steel or something along the sides of the lid so it closes more flush. May add some gasket to it. At least for smoking. Here's a promo pic of it.

1622680810271.png

Synphul

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Had a fun day at school today, playing with the principle. :D

Got in about ten minutes late. No one said a thing. I still wrote I was in at 6 AM as the call out stated.

Went on kept at it steady, moving swiftly from one thing to the next. Realized about 8 AM I was roughly an hour ahead. This come because at 8 AM I was fussing at a straggling class for their breakfast trash. "Breakfast trash, last call, get on the ball. I don't want to stall."

The teachers of the class tried fussing back. I apologized but said I did things a little different. I had already given them an extra 15 minutes, got a few more things done, come back. It all come to one child straggling along. "We usually get more time," one of the teachers said.

"Sorry," I replied "Need to keep moving on schedule."

"I'll just look at your schedule," she called out.

I replied, "Be my guest."

The schedule put me taking out breakfast trash about 7:50 to 8:15. She apparently did look and guess she realized there was no point fussing to the principle.

Then, later on one of the cooks stopped me in the hallway. "I've not seen you all day. I don't see you but know you're everywhere. I think you're nowhere but know you've done your work because I see it and smell it."

"Ancient ninja secret," I said "be everywhere and nowhere at same time." Just then the principle, Matt, had walked up silently behind her.

He chimed up quietly, softly ... "He does it to avoid me." She nearly leapt out of her skin. Me and him both grinned under our masks, nodded to one another and went opposing directions.

I heard her later half complaining to the other cook about us "darn sneaky ninja ranger types running an elementary school." The other cook just laughed.

As much as I'm an alpha I got handed a lesson today too. Matt saw a lunch room full of 4/5th graders starting to get rowdy. What does he do? Goes deadly silent, walks over fixes himself a lunch tray, sits and eats. The lunch room was so quite I think from ten miles you could have heard a pin, sewing pin, drop.

He's a good fellow too. I know he checks my work but at the same time know he also feels no need to do so. He doesn't care if I get ahead and am sitting doing nothing for up to an hour. Which kind of happened today. I got everything caught up and had to wait on lunch to do anything else.

There was no extra "busy" work for me to do. So, sit I did. There was one extra thing but it didn't take long. I needed to fetch some books out to trash. One of the text book companies had sent books as samples which remained unused. So I carted them to the dumpster.

So yes, a fun day at school today. By the by, it's a national level blue ribbon elementary school for at least a decade now. I'm helping keep it so when I work there.
You missed your calling to do cleanup at Disney. Isn't that where they have all the secret tunnels and things? Never see the cleaning crew out and about but everything stays picked up and wiped down. Ninja crew.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I went with the char griller smokin champ. Offset grill/smoker. HD had them for $200, around 100 more than I wanted to spend. But seems to have gotten good reviews. Several people said they had theirs 5-6yrs, not sure if they all last like that or the older models were built better. Hoping to get more than a season or two out of it. The one I had was a kingsford or at least had their name slapped on it. I've seen others identical to it with different brands on them. Most everyone seems to have the same issue, the coal tray and ash pan rusting out in a season.

It's bigger than I'm used to but nice to have extra space. Says it'll fit 4 briskets, 6 rack of ribs or 8 chickens. Planning to make some improvements to it, high temp sealer for the seams and where the offset mates to the grill. Add some angle steel or something along the sides of the lid so it closes more flush. May add some gasket to it. At least for smoking. Here's a promo pic of it.

View attachment 182672

OMFG that is a Monster~! Good luck and have fun Smoking Meat~! Always better than Cancer Sticks~! I still Smoke but Meat or Chicken~!

Synphul

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
OMFG that is a Monster~! Good luck and have fun Smoking Meat~! Always better than Cancer Sticks~! I still Smoke but Meat or Chicken~!
Yea prefer vaping and leaving the smoking to the meat. On the plus side, since vaping my lungs are well enough I can blow on the coals without running out of breath, wheezing and coughing. It's a definite step up from what I had. I liked my old grill just wish it'd held up better. I do enjoy the cast iron grates more than the wire ones. It's nothing super fancy and it has its quirks. It's no $1000 grill to be sure. Still think it'll be nice. Anything beats fighting the mish mash of crap I had in the old one nursing it through just so it would hold coals.

I'm sure I'll make mistakes, never really smoked anything with wood. Had that electric one, that was kind of a pain running it outside but plugged in. Or running those little foil baskets of wood chips you add water to and set on a weber or something. I don't plan to go crazy modifying especially since I hate to butcher something new. Can see where it has weaknesses though that a little work will fix up. It's like a baby version of the one @Lady Sarah posted. :p

Smigo

Gold Contributor
Member For 2 Years
I have 3 grills and a smoker. Nothing better than preparing the whole meal on a BBQ grill on a sweltering summer day. Granted I BBQ all year long but I am not alone.
We can only have bbq's here in winter where we are. Nothing stopping it in summer if one is happy to share the food with hundreds of flies. Many blow flies too. Same when I make jerky. I only do it at night. Made a mistake a few months ago and did it mid day. o_O Quickly took it upstairs and finished it in the bathroom.
They drive you mad with bbq's and ruin it.
Going to have a bush cook next week in the bush though as they are almost all gone. Open fire in the coals cook up. 👍
View attachment 182645

What you need is a smoker. My hubby and I made this one for my brother.
That's really awesome Elly! :D

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
We can only have bbq's here in winter where we are. Nothing stopping it in summer if one is happy to share the food with hundreds of flies. Many blow flies too. Same when I make jerky. I only do it at night. Made a mistake a few months ago and did it mid day. o_O Quickly took it upstairs and finished it in the bathroom.
They drive you mad with bbq's and ruin it.
Going to have a bush cook next week in the bush though as they are almost all gone. Open fire in the coals cook up. 👍

That's really awesome Elly! :D

I hate when it gets buggy when we eat outside but nothing like you are explaining~!

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I'm sure I'll make mistakes, never really smoked anything with wood.

You know how they say Google is your friend? If you do a quick search you will find so much info and recipes for BBQ'ing and Smokin'. I am jealous of that smoking grill you ordered~! I see lots of culinary delights coming out of that puppy even if you just do Burgers or Hot Dogs~!

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
So I had bought some Solar Lights at a Home Dipshits recently which were nice for the price and decided to buy more but they were out of stock where I had bought them. Check online and 246 of them at the Jericho Store. 7AM this morning I hit the road armed with Aisle and Bay numbers along with SKU #'s. Guy tells me they are out of stock probably and I should go to another store~! WTF? I told him I am not going there you have 246 in Stock~! Get me a MANAGER. He gets on the phone manager instructs him and after searching there is the Whole Pallet on top of an end cap possibly 20 feet up. So they closed the area down and got them down for me~!

Squeaky Wheel gets the most grease~!

Smigo

Gold Contributor
Member For 2 Years
I hate when it gets buggy when we eat outside but nothing like you are explaining~!
Some yrs are semi ok. But you still wouldn't have one. This summer gone was ok to picnic but not bbq.
The yr before last was insane. When I was detecting you HAD to wear a fly net over your head. Otherwise you got dozens of flies trying to land and get the moisture from your sweat and eyes. And eat your lunch! No way outside the car. You had to get in it, shoe as many out as you could before you closed the windows. If outside you had a sandwich wrapped in cling wrap, quickly opened it, take a bite then cover it as you chewed and hopefully one doesnt go in your mouth taking a bite and that was no joke or exaggeration either. Often it happens. Cooking here when its bad, in your house, you turn on the exhaust fan even if cooking wise you dont need to, and spray some fly spray up into it to kill the blow flies that magically find a way into the roof. You can hear them. You even hear them banging into the glass of the windows when its bad.
Open the doors tentatively in summer as the blowies are there waiting in the shade of the patio and as soon as its open they're in. Maggot laying filth they are. But we learnt a trick. They hate it. You fill a good thick plastic bag half way with water and put a dozen silver type coins in it. The science is that the coins mega reflect the water and their multi eyes see it as multi times bigger than it is. They dont like big reflective bodies of water.
We were amazed at the reduction of blowies at our doors. Easy reduced the numbers by 90%. I was "yeah right as if" when my misses told me. She was the one that set them up.
But I'll be, it works. Of course I got the "see I told you". :giggle:
Best ever Blowie repellant ever. 👍
Right now its mozzies in the bush because of the rains we have had. I go through a can of repellant on my clothes every 3 weeks. They carry Ross River virus here and its debilitating. Maybe just 1 in several hundred will get it but it aint worth the lottery. I have not had it but a mate did and took him 2 yrs to fully get over it.
Hey! Wanna come for a visit next summer? :giggle:

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Damn @Smigo that is Crazy~! When we had a Mosquito Problem here in the Suburbs of Long Island the Towns sprayed at night with trucks. We got warnings to close windows and not be outside when they did it.

Smigo

Gold Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Damn @Smigo that is Crazy~! When we had a Mosquito Problem here in the Suburbs of Long Island the Towns sprayed at night with trucks. We got warnings to close windows and not be outside when they did it.
Yeah we got the same thing happen with big 4WDs with jet sprayers on them when we lived in Yeppoon Queensland. Here though its not so bad with the mozzies in town like there. Our problem is out in the bush areas. As its a goldrush region from the 1800s the diggers dug millions of holes in the bush areas. Many are 80% caved in but they still have those few to several feet depressions. So the rain creates millions of small breeding pools over all the goldfields. Not all hold the water as most seep under ground but still thousands dont in each particular field and hold it. So in any given area hundreds have mozzies whilst they hold the water. This season is a bad one out bush. I wear full sleeve sun style fishing wick dry shirts and the same in gloves and a near full cover hat. That way I just spray my clothes. My only skin that I spray are my fingers. The regions of my hat sprayed keep them off of my face. My thick army pants they cant get through. Im used to doing it and it's second nature routine when I go detecting. The odd time I forget though I think "nah I'll be right" ten minutes in I cant get back to the car fast enough feeling itchy all the way :giggle:

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I don't usually get bothered by pests and when they are a problem light some Citronella Candles.

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon

When we lived in coastal Georgia and Florida, those trucks used to come by every evening, but we didn't get any warnings. Everybody knew they were coming, had been during the summer months for years, so I guess I got exposed to a lot of insecticide and didn't think anything about it.

Time period I'm talking about ranged from 1965 to 1999, so not all of it was ancient history. The lake communities around Savannah, my god, I can't imagine living down there and not having the mosquitoes sprayed.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
It was bad because of what they were carrying or transmitting.

Only a few mosquitos species in New York City may carry and spread West Nile virus.
Diseases spread by mosquitoes in areas outside the city include:
  • Zika virus.
  • Chikungunya.
  • Dengue Fever.
  • Malaria.
  • Eastern Equine Encephalitis

Lady Sarah

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
It was bad because of what they were carrying or transmitting.

Only a few mosquitos species in New York City may carry and spread West Nile virus.
Diseases spread by mosquitoes in areas outside the city include:
  • Zika virus.
  • Chikungunya.
  • Dengue Fever.
  • Malaria.
  • Eastern Equine Encephalitis
During the early summer mornings and later in the evenings, going outside uncovered is a bad idea. Within seconds, the skeeters attack. Better off taking my chances in the Texas heat. They started coming out in mid April this year. Not many, but a few. The ones that did land on me didn't stand a chance. They were as big as house flies, so I felt em land, and I smacked em dead before they drew blood. In the summer, you can't smack em fast enough in those mornings and evenings. Citronella doesn't do squat.

I can spray myself with bug repellant with 15% DEET, and that will last up to 30 minutes. Once it evaporates, they attack. The worst skeeters are the tiny ones. They peck and fly off just to come back and peck again. They never give you a chance to smack em, leaving you with a whole bunch of bumps.

These skeeters don't go anywhere near the bug zappers either, even with the bait thingies they sell for em. The zappers get plenty of moths, but no skeeters.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
During the early summer mornings and later in the evenings, going outside uncovered is a bad idea. Within seconds, the skeeters attack. Better off taking my chances in the Texas heat.

If I couldn't have coffee on the Back Patio in the morning I would be so disappointed and if I couldn't eat or just have coffee and desert after dinner I would be pissed~! Bought the Fire Pit and it is getting good usage~!

1622743484281.png

It was a little chilly the other night so I was sitting close~! Espresso and Black Sambuca while vaping~!

Smigo

Gold Contributor
Member For 2 Years
During the early summer mornings and later in the evenings, going outside uncovered is a bad idea. Within seconds, the skeeters attack. Better off taking my chances in the Texas heat. They started coming out in mid April this year. Not many, but a few. The ones that did land on me didn't stand a chance. They were as big as house flies, so I felt em land, and I smacked em dead before they drew blood. In the summer, you can't smack em fast enough in those mornings and evenings. Citronella doesn't do squat.

I can spray myself with bug repellant with 15% DEET, and that will last up to 30 minutes. Once it evaporates, they attack. The worst skeeters are the tiny ones. They peck and fly off just to come back and peck again. They never give you a chance to smack em, leaving you with a whole bunch of bumps.

These skeeters don't go anywhere near the bug zappers either, even with the bait thingies they sell for em. The zappers get plenty of moths, but no skeeters.
Yeah. Thats why when they are thick here I wear full sleeves and spray with the strongest tropical strength we can get. On my clothes, not a fan of on the skin with that stuff.
I hate the electric bug zappers. I refuse to buy takeaway from shops that use them for mozzies and flies. Here is why. Tests were done on the electric zappers and they found, you know when you hear the "pop", they explode sending their guts and anything they carry virus germ wise for up to a few meters away. Tests showed it had landed on all surfaces. So that crap is going on you in the shop and your food being prepared. People sit on their patios drinking, eating happily hearing "pop" "zap" and all the while are being covered, them, their food and drinks in the exploding flies and mozzies guts and anything they may be carrying.
:blech:

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Speaking of pests, ...

I am becoming loathsome of the school board's call out system. Yesterday, I was called 25 minutes before I needed to be somewhere it took 20 to reach. Got there 40 minutes late but still put down what I was scheduled on the paperwork. No one said anything. I appreciate that.

This morning after me and wife both worked together and, set up today from 5 AM to 11 AM as unavailable time. At 5:30 AM they start calling. Now, if it were for a job from 2 PM on fine but it was not. Besides which they could call me 25 minutes before 2 and say I need to be there by 1:45 as well as their system works.

I am going to a scheduled physical therapy session this morning if it matters. Which it doesn't. The point being I put a do not call time in effect, they are still calling. Again I could understand if it were for something after 11 AM, but it isn't and will not be.

There's no point trying to keep them abreast of a person's schedule using their system. It still screws up. If you say anything to them about it, it only gets made worse.

Whew, one more week I think. It may be three. And then of course, possibly back to it next year. *sigh*

Being clear I'm aggravated regarding the automated call out system. I still got an hour ahead yesterday in doing the work. I sat for near that simply waiting on my lunch time to come, and then for the school lunch.

After the school lunch and taking out its trash, sweeping up, high spot mopping, I had little else. The little else was to go around sanitize and stock bathrooms. I had kept them stocked through the day.

So at 1:45 I headed out. I was scheduled from 6 AM to 2 PM. So no, it's not the work I mind, not at all. In fact I played walkie talkie tag with the principle, Matt, yesterday. I think he's the biggest kid there. :)

He actually complimented me out loud in front of a small group. "Ben here is one of the hardest working custodians they've sent us." One of the maintenance guys chuckled and said "oh, you mean unlike all the others he works?" Matt nodded.

Last edited:

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Good-Morning-Coffee-GIF-24.gif

Synphul

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Made it to Menards, got some stuff for the grill and patio. Man it's been awhile since I was in one, keep forgetting what a confusing store it is. HD and Lowes are pretty similar with a few differences, Menards is just off the reservation. Plumbing stuff over here, caulking and sealants 6-7 aisles down over there, some hardware in the middle, display blocks and bricks on the inside, actual blocks and bricks out in the yard. Ground treated plywood inside, ground treated 2x, 1x and timbers outside. Plain pine inside. So busy with the color scheme matching the checkout was camouflaged and almost missed it. Then went to pick up stuff from the lot right at closing and they're like 'go around to the side gate and they'll let you in'. Headed the way the guy pointed, just a curb at the end of the lot. Headed to the other end where the yard was with a gate, it was closed (though marked entrance). Finally caught some workers going home, had to drive out of the parking lot to a smaller side street, take it out toward the highway like I was leaving then circle back and around down the back 40 to the lumber lot.

60 pavers doesn't look like a lot but the guy set the pallet in the back of the truck. Went to pull out, his forks were dragging so he let it down a little more, a little more. Poor truck just said 'oooof' as it squatted. Good thing I didn't try to get sand in the same load, was a little over the rating as it was. Probably get sand monday, it's either that or haul ass and unload the truck, find a tarp and head to the masonry lot sometime between 8 and noon. Wish I had a forklift at the house to unload it instead of my dickbeaters.

Still need to get some pea gravel too for in between the pavers. It won't be perfect. Not feeling like digging down 4-5 inches to dump gravel then run the sand and everything, no french drains lol. If it was a nice patio 15yr or better outlook then sure. Just looking to improve drainage a bit with a layer of sand over landscape fabric to keep it from getting lost in the dirt/clay. Some timbers staked down along the downhill side to keep the pavers from shifting or sliding down. I think it'll do fine in the short term. More than just a few blocks keeping the grill up out of the mud. The grill showed up today, tucked it away in the shed for now.

Caught the mail guy today too by sheer luck after package said 'delivered'. He left it at the wrong driveway. I guess the regular mail guy has been out with heart issues so they have 4 substitute drivers covering this route. No wonder mail is jacked up. Asked him what was up with the local PO he said he wished he knew. Need to test the thermometer still but it showed up, that enzoo unit. Seems pretty nice, case is a little flimsy but it's a case. Individual plastic spools for the probe leads to keep them all wound up. Not bad for like $35.

gopher_byrd

Cranky Old Fart
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
We went to a winemaker's dinner last night at St. Amant Winery in Lodi. Good food, lasagna, salad, and a mixed berry shortcake. Got to talk with the winemaker and sampled some really good wines. We came home with 6 bottles.

Synphul

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Man it's hot out there. Humidity has it feeling like 92F. Got the crap unloaded, now just have to get a tarp down and get sand monday. That'll be fun, need to find a spot to put it. Might need another tarp or something.

1622920734192.png

The two colors I went with for a subtle contrast. Looking to do a light colored foot path and surround with darker pavers in the center of the grill pad.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I started doing some trimming and the lawns at 8AM this morning although it was wet I was only trimming some small bushes. Moved some yellow flowering plants or whatever the fuck they are so I could move the Reindeer to a spot you can see him. After I was done I had lunch and washed and vacuumed my truck because I never got to do it after moving all those brick pavers. It is over 90 here @Synphul ~! Love the colors you chose and can't wait until I see what you did~!

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
I hope y'all will sympathize with me this morning. I am drinking the second-to-last cup of this gd SWILL I ordered from Walmart. I was having one of my cheap-o attacks and ordered something called 7 am Saturday blend k-cups. OMFG. It is some of the worst coffee I've ever tasted. That's what I get for being cheap, but I'm also too cheap to throw it away, so here I am drinking it. My own damn fault.

I have one more cup of this, and one cup of some French Roast that's actually pretty decent, and then it's back to the Eight O'Clock Dark Italian Roast. I'll be a happy camper when I get there.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I have been running to stores all morning and it was 92°F at 9:30 this morning~! Threw the 3rd A/C in the dining room window this morning and I said Fuck cooking inside today~! I am Smoking a Whole Stuffed Chicken in the smoker.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I hope y'all will sympathize with me this morning. I am drinking the second-to-last cup of this gd SWILL I ordered from Walmart. I was having one of my cheap-o attacks and ordered something called 7 am Saturday blend k-cups. OMFG. It is some of the worst coffee I've ever tasted. That's what I get for being cheap, but I'm also too cheap to throw it away, so here I am drinking it. My own damn fault.

I have one more cup of this, and one cup of some French Roast that's actually pretty decent, and then it's back to the Eight O'Clock Dark Italian Roast. I'll be a happy camper when I get there.

If you have a Dollar Tree near you they have a Dunkin Donuts knockoff in the K Cups which is just like DD's blend.

Synphul

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
A little late but got my mom's hummingbird fountain finished. Was supposed to be a mother's day gift for her but sourcing basic items hasn't been so easy thanks to ronas (I guess). Drilling through melamine was a bit of a challenge but thankfully didn't bust it. Uses one of those smaller 3w solar fountains and worked great for about 10min until the cloud cover interfered. Lol. She's happy with it.

Went out in the garden and did a bit of weeding. One of my corn stalks is mia, not sure who the culprit is. Raccoons, squirrels or the cats. Picked more fresh lettuce, spinach and kale. Around 12-13oz. Watered some things. If it doesn't rain me out think I'll tackle the window ac bracket and work on reinforcing the window frame, supports for the ac support legs to press against on the outside and sort out an insulated surround for it.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I didn't think it was supposed to be as HOT today as yesterday but damn I started cutting some bushes but it hit 90 so I am done clean up and that is it for today.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
This was my hummingbird water fountain and bird sanctuary. The hummers loved flying through the water and it was so fun watching them.
79afc788a8ef2a8dfee1e46a0add3c7b.jpg

! WAKE UP ! from the MEDIA SPELL !

My Mom likes watching the Birds take a bath~! I clean and freshen the water everyday or two. As soon as the water is fresh and clean the birds come and drink.

VU Sponsors