Member For 5 Years
Where has @DaBunny been?

cute-bunny-gif-16.gif

2WhiteWolves

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
:( I broke my favorite coffee (tea) cup :(
Was picking up kittie toys to put up for the night, had coffee cup in other hand and hit my hand on the wall, cup fell out and broke :(
The silver lining is, hopefully super glue will fix the handle, that's the only part that broke :) ....but, it just won't be the same :huh:

! WAKE UP ! from the MEDIA SPELL !

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I could give up coffee if green tea wasn't so expensive... any good deals on bulk green tea?

Green Tea is Expensive? I like to make it in the Summer for Iced Tea and have boxes of 100 bags last time I checked. I will never give up Coffee and they will pull it from my Cold Dead Hands just like my Guns.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Checking in. Wife has strongly encouraged me to seek other employment. We've decided I need a more steady income source. This is year three working on an "as needed" basis to "stand in" for full timers. That said, I'm actually next in line of the substitutes for the next open spot. Regardless, have come to strongly agree with her.

Last night I went from one school to another on a "split" shift. Met the full timer there and as we're going in he's telling me how I've not done my work this past week, or so "he's told". As soon as he mentioned that it had been said I was not taking out all the trash I knew exactly the source. It come directly from our new superintendent.

Got told I had not swept the classrooms, vacuumed the library & computer lab, cleaned and stocked bathrooms, taken out trash. In summary, I had done absolutely none of my work. This full timer conveyed the "complaints" were lodged by teachers and the school principle.

Well, I took him upstairs where I worked, showed him the before and told him that all the mess he saw was from one day of "clients" being in. He nodded, "okay, I'll check after you finish and I can tell them you did the work or not." Also told him that my work had sufficed to be trusted by Mrs. G-- at Fairp--- Elementary. He looked really shocked at that. "You're a worker then, if she trusts you to do." I nodded and said, "Ah, yep."

I am no lie, probably one of the very few who do show up, do the work, do it well, do it consistently. For people to assert I'm doing f--- all instead is just baseless. As I told Christy, my wife, if there was "something" to criticism and there was constructive suggestions on improving, fine. There's nothing to the criticism though, nothing at all. It is simply some folks being petty pricks playing the 'kick the dog' "game".

They found out that making me out to be a pedophile was a big NO GO. So, now they are thinking they'll smear me by assaulting my work standards, ethics. Told Christy, I might have a three word message for our new "super" she gasped. I said to relax, my message was "labor board, lawsuit." She said at that point it wasn't worth it. Told her me nearly stroking due to being so infuriated wasn't either. She agreed because she knows me, knows that if people accuse me of "not caring" I get real pardon, pissed off.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
@SteveS45 , IKR? Talk about f-ed up. Simply hug a child, say your proud of them for advancing a grade, poof, you're a Chester The Molester. Which to some point I can understand the whole liability issue over for the school board if a parent did get upset.

Our "Code of Conduct" though states we're supposed to foster an environment of caring, support for the students. Teachers have told me a lot of the kids "got nobody". This boy had told me he was in first grade, graduated from kindergarten. Figured he ought to have at least someone be proud of him, even if a broke down old custodian.

Well, apparently that gesture broke "Code of Conduct". Go figure. So, I now work only night shifts to avoid the students completely. Avoid them, avoid any risk of being made out to like kids.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I remember when you spoke about that incident and it was in a open space with many witnesses.

Exactly, in a classroom setting, a teacher present, other little students. About the worst of it, as he was bolting to me, his momentum brought him up leaping. He come up to my chest, I hugged him gently open armed for a two count and set him back down on his feet gently. It was the teacher though that filled the complaint. She did ask if I knew him. I told her no, my gesture was simply altruistic & platonic.

I had no ill, illicit intent at all. Simply wanted to let a young man know someone cared.

Anyway, tonight I'm going on and controlling what I can, myself. If I'm told tonight I didn't do my work, I'm going to laugh. When asked I'll say, "Well, I'm going off now to either do my work, or set around a couple hours. Don't matter either way to me I guess, either case I'm told I do nothing. Still paid for eight." *grin & wink*

Last edited:

VapeOn1960

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Talk about f-ed up. Simply hug a child, say your proud of them for advancing a grade, poof, you're a Chester The Molester.
I agree... I can't even hug (or god help me kiss) my own grandchildren (son is worried his ex will freak out)
A simple kiss on the forehead and I would be labelled a pervert. My oldest grandchild (a 13 year old girl) got a guitar last christmas. I wanted to give her a ride from my son's house to our house (mother and I) he said the ex wouldn't like that (it only 1 mile away) He said it would be OK if my mother gave her a ride. What is wrong with people these days? I just want to teach her how to play guitar and it would be easier here (no other kids distracting us) At least I'm allowed to "blow" kisses to my youngest grandchild (she is 3) I won't be surprised if one day my son says I can't even do that.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Spoke with one Matt H. this evening. He was a principle at a tiny elementary. Matt is the one I come in and told Christy, "ever want to see an Alpha, watch Matt." The children were getting rowdy at lunch. Does he cut lights off? Raise a stern masculine voice? No.

He walks over, gets a lunch tray with lunch. Then, he walks to a table, sits. He looks out at the kids. You could have heard a flea drop on the pin the pin dropping from two miles away. A nod, smile and he starts eating. The kids bring talking back up to a very quiet murmur. Lunch went on fine.

Our discussion lent perspective. He is now a junior super, over all the elementary schools, eight of them. About my hugging the boy incident. Matt's word, "I'd have no question that you working around my kids would garner no harm for them." He thought it very sad some seemed to try asserting I'm anything but one of the good guys. One thing he pointed to I had considered. Got muddle headed though.

The work I do is on par, or better than most of the full time people. A "good crew" exists which simply has resolved itself to "we'll try keeping up, Ben but no promises. We are after all 'gubmint employees' *chuckle*." And yes, I understand why some of those follow a slower routine. Some are seventy years, or just a bit older. I'm supposed to be slowing down as well at fifty due to some health concerns. Too stubborn, too trained and set. ;)

Then you got the "bad crew" who are going to be fearful I'm putting them out of work. In fact, I work myself out of work. So, that reflects bad on them or so they believe. Meaning they'll toss obstacles. Mat suggested I ask the principle of the other school on my split how my work suited.

I did so in front of the guy who last night gave me a litany of "complaints" he said the principle gave him. The principle, Bill, smiled and told me I was doing just fine he had no complaints from teachers, none for himself. I just said, "Hm, appreciate that sir." Left to go tend my work. Later as I was finishing out, the guy hollered "hey buddy" to me. Thought, "nah, you ain't a buddy."

Matt when was principle was required to do a "code red" drill. You get in a room, place a door jam. You then wait for an "all clear" from the principle or LEOs. He told me then, "this time only, do the drill. Any other time, ..." And I completed his statement, "on you, sir." He nodded, we'd clear the school ourselves. He knew I would, instinctively. He also knew that trust was there as well.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
No students in the schools yesterday (Thu 22/10/13 EST) & today (Fri 22/10/13). Wednesday I went into CES about 14:45 EST for start of work at 15:00. Mrs. Dur_ was in her secretary Mrs. Cun_ 's office across the hall from her own.

"Oh Mr. Ben, sir," she exclaimed, "I've doubled checked for everyone. There's no students Thursday & Friday. That means no need of custodial services. You are off those two days as well as the weekend."

Have enjoyed the break from the stand point of physical & mental rest. Been a little since I had last worked. Forgot to "relax into the work" and that set me against myself physically. Didn't move the way I needed and got sore, stiff, hurt.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Substituted morning coffee with a fair drink of water. Went out to feed not our three cats. We've Maow (Mr. Squint Eyes/Sunshine), Leanne (Bocat/Wildcat), Mammy (Mama Rotten/Rotten). Maow is the neutered male. Don't the ladies have caught on he's limited sexual interests in them as a result being "fixed". Leanne keeps wanting to fight Mammy. Can only think it is out of jealousy over Maow.

Each cat has it's own "Da" bowl to eat "dry cereal" and a "wet breakfast" from. A Da bowl is the remaining bowl from those Healthy Choice meals. I'm Da, the Papa. Even Shrek the dog had to have a Da bowl. The general logic behind using those is the "kids" think, "Da eats from bowls, he has good food in them. Need a Da bowl." So, all the critters each has a bowl designated. The rule being if food sits near all day in one then it's fair game for whoever.

Wet breakfasts come about because since Shrek is an older dog, choose to give him a bit of a soft treat meal. He gets the Cesar treat meals, one of a morning. Maow noticed Shrek got that and suggested out of fairness he deserved the same. So, the cats get Fancy Feast type of meals of morning, usually only 1 per cat. Yesterday I had to dole out 2 per cat. Mammy ate everyone's. This morning that got resolved. Took Maow & Leanne's bowls up to the brn (barn).

Maow & Leanne get along, don't fight over food. Think Maow is even married up to her. They share the brn. While out there I took some time for fuzz therapy. Saw each cat in no particular order, let them know they were loved, reasonably safe, home. Then, stood drinking and talking to some water. Told it I felt the love from all around the world, was grateful I'm fortunate to have it and let it through love keep me alive. Added my love to the great ebbing flow.

Chill in the air outside yet still pleasant. Figure we'll get roused here directly for doing laundry, shopping. Got an episode of The Rings of Power to watch this eve / tonight, it's season finale, ergo a "big deal" for us. Saw an article stating Amazon is buying MGM, CBS, parts of Paramount, might as well say they're buying Viacom. Found the article looking for news on the Paramount series Clarice. It is well, been canceled despite having a second season picked up, limbo.

Told my wife with Bezos also owing Wash Post, might figure Amazon will now win. What do they win? Everything. "Let's sell books over the internet." "Such a novel idea." "Will it work?" "Try it and see." *smh* Now Amazon is its own publisher, soon will be its own movie and television studio, production house. Sometimes one has to step aside and wonder. Maybe Luddites were onto something.

(Disclaimer: The links in my postings are intended as informational only. No revenue in any form returns to me for link use. The Internet & Web were created to disseminate information. Still believe information in raw form is intended to be free, liberated. There also is no guile, or intent to influence with my posting of links. Simply pointing to what I discuss as reference.)

Last edited:

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
I'm pretty sure Amazon already is its own movie and television studio. I've watched quite a few programs that they produced themselves.

I wonder how far they'll be allowed to go before some politician puts the anti-monopoly machine to work against them.

Nice convo about your animals. We also have been a little more empathetic with our cat's food. Hubbs has started feeding Mo three times a day, a mixture of Cat Chow and one tub of one of the Fancy Feast flavors that come with gravy. Now Mo is at the front door at least a half hour before mealtime, telling us all about the terrible life he leads, all the shit he has to put up with, and how we are a couple sumbitches to make him wait so long for the good food. Cats! I swear!

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I'm pretty sure Amazon already is its own movie and television studio. I've watched quite a few programs that they produced themselves.

Indeed. Now, though maybe they won't need to lease stuff for making film. Not sure if they did before but seems that might have been part of strategy.

Yep, looking for someone to call out monopoly. Although I'm sure enough palms get greased, ...

Been feeding twice a day. Maow usually comes and sits down a bit out in front of the door. Oh it's such a horrible life and he makes sure everybody gets fed. He comes around 5 AM. I tell him to wait until the sun comes out.

Shrek usually takes his morning walk. Going to check down at Cash Saver to see if I can get some fat trim for them. They cut their own meats there.

Cats need fat of a Winter as they don't make any themselves. Spring and Summer I cut back feeding a bit, no fat. They want any treat they can hunt vermin, plentiful in those seasons.

walton

Gold Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Reddit Exile
8635c8e775fff38959dfb031fab4d49f.gif

! WAKE UP ! from the MEDIA SPELL !
if you can post or read a good morning message, then yes it is good, as it shows your alive. if you say not another good morning message, then you may need to look at your life. be carefull though, you may not like what you find. just be nice to others whatever their gender or colour or social status.

VU Sponsors