Become a Patron!

Vaping on the Front or back Porch

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Good mornin Porch goers

May be an image of dog and text that says 'ANGER MANAGEMENT When angry with someone, it helps to sit down and think about the problem...'

VapeOn1960

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Since many of you like coffee (and tea) I wanted to mention my recent endeavors.
I enjoyed the flavored coffee pods I got for the Kerig but it is old and failing (and pods are expensive... I could get some really better coffee if I give up the pods) So this is what I got (for tea also):

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B072DWYBL7?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01J96VMCA?ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details&th=1

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B008J4Z3C4?ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details&th=1

I already have a coffee grinder so got some really good whole beans (I also got some fancy vanilla macadamia ground coffee from the local store) This (and the whole beans from Amazon) I bought with "food stamps" (SNAP)
I will also be making green tea thanks to the electric water heating kettle that I love (and chai tea)
I'm in coffee/tea heaven :)
P.S. I always use good bottled water.

2WhiteWolves

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Mine you have No Batteries, you have to change the whole fucking device~!

That's how Moms was, it plugged in. She had a fire going in the wood stove, it started beeping. She didn't give it a second thought and called the fire department.
They came out, inspected the stove and said they found a couple of problems and not to have any fires until inspector was able to clear it for use.
She called me, told me, I said "You probably need a new carbon monoxide detector and I'm sure your stove is fine." We went and bought one, she took it home, plugged it in and it didn't start beeping. The inspector was by and said the stove was fine.
Too bad the firemen didn't suggest it could be the batteries or the device was old and needed replacing.

! WAKE UP ! from the MEDIA SPELL !

2WhiteWolves

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Woke up to a dusting of snow this morning. Most is gone already but may need to clean the windshield to drive.
We have windshield and side mirror coverings for both of our vehicles...not sure what it's actually called. Man, do they come in handy when it snows, freezing rain/sleet and freezing fog. Saves time not having to do the windshield and mirrors. Really nice to have them.
Going to get one for Mom since she doesn't have a garage for her vehicle anymore.

2WhiteWolves

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Sad day. We had to say goodbye to our last fur baby Dutch who went on to the Rainbow Bridge.
Aww, so very sorry :hug: losing a beloved fur baby is so hard.

Mom just put her fur baby to rest. Thankfully, she still has her other fur baby, plus, moving in with her son, she adopted two fur babies. Her sons doggie and her grandsons kitty.
Her doggie keeps her and kitty entertained by terrorizing ( barking and chasing) the kitty, lol.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
We have windshield and side mirror coverings for both of our vehicles...not sure what it's actually called. Man, do they come in handy when it snows, freezing rain/sleet and freezing fog. Saves time not having to do the windshield and mirrors. Really nice to have them.
Going to get one for Mom since she doesn't have a garage for her vehicle anymore.

I have one of them also but only use it when I know we are getting snow.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Managed to finish getting a computer desk from Lowes put together this morning. It took Lowes four days aside from the day it was to be delivered to deliver it. Finalizing it this morning, found stuff didn't line up right, said f**k it and put it together best able, I had it looking correctly like the pictogram.

Wife said, "what you expect, it's from the Ikea reject people?" I nodded, told her I nearly sobbed earlier until she got up to look it over. Felt like a damn dunce, incapable of even crossing my eyes. "It isn't you, honey, seems the whole world just isn't doing their jobs."

Some jag off stole the space heater from the laundry room, one washer and dryer per floor, On first floor here, the space heater served to keep the building's water pipes from freezing. Was just down, met Ted from up on 4th. He agreed the pipes laying against a bare wall and exposed to the air ought to be better insulated, even if just pool noodles,

Think I'll look for misanthropic life coach as a job opening. Start dolling out Red.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Hey @MyMagicMist did you ever hear from HR or the Job?

Well after keeping on nagging HR for a week it resolved to some Tonya person, an HR "business partner" needs to "get in touch" with me.

She for the way it was worded had tried. "She is taking some PTO (Paid Time Off) but will try getting with you again soon." I thought of rep[lying back, "Huh, never got her first effort." Wife stopped me.

She said I've been initiating this whole time, let them make a move. It's clear I didn't "quit" the job. I've been trying to comprehend or repeal termination. HR isn't communicating.

Had an interview for Wincore through LGS staffing. Wincore makes windows and glass panel doors, They use an assembly line method. SAFETY IS NUMBER ONE PRIORITY. Quality is number two for them.

Waiting to hear further.

Woke this morning after having issues with computer last night. I touched it, it broke.

So, got up and thought it may have in some way resolved itself. Fit it all together fire it up. Nope. It's still a brick.

Looked out the window saw lots of nothing. Have nothing to do the same here as there. We come from nothing, go back to nothing. Feeling a lot of nothing right now.

Anyway, doesn't matter one whitt I'm sure.

Yes, I've had coffee. Maybe I need thorazine.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years

So Cool! The windchill index gave us several weeks where -30 F was a "nice" average. For a few of the worst times -60 F was lovely to march in for hours.

We were not a "push" company. We still got one hell of a "push" and made rock steady. Our company bled Navy Blue through and through and we wore the working blues.

072 "Our power is our precence."

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Well after keeping on nagging HR for a week it resolved to some Tonya person, an HR "business partner" needs to "get in touch" with me.

She for the way it was worded had tried. "She is taking some PTO (Paid Time Off) but will try getting with you again soon." I thought of rep[lying back, "Huh, never got her first effort." Wife stopped me.

She said I've been initiating this whole time, let them make a move. It's clear I didn't "quit" the job. I've been trying to comprehend or repeal termination. HR isn't communicating.

Had an interview for Wincore through LGS staffing. Wincore makes windows and glass panel doors, They use an assembly line method. SAFETY IS NUMBER ONE PRIORITY. Quality is number two for them.

Waiting to hear further.

Woke this morning after having issues with computer last night. I touched it, it broke.

So, got up and thought it may have in some way resolved itself. Fit it all together fire it up. Nope. It's still a brick.

Looked out the window saw lots of nothing. Have nothing to do the same here as there. We come from nothing, go back to nothing. Feeling a lot of nothing right now.

Anyway, doesn't matter one whitt I'm sure.

Yes, I've had coffee. Maybe I need thorazine.

So did HR have a definitive reason you were let go? Strange that HR is giving you a run around and maybe you should talk to the State Labor Board?

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
So did HR have a definitive reason you were let go? Strange that HR is giving you a run around and maybe you should talk to the State Labor Board?

Definitive reason? From HR? No, as of yet no.

And I got my lost phone's number swapped back to my older phone. I checked voice mails. This Tonya person never called. Yet the lady Amy in HR worded it that she had tried contacting me, then went off for her PTO break, would try again. No calls, no emails, no mail. I'm not that difficult to locate, and or communicate with. I'd be aware if someone did, too.

Like the Lowes delivery guys saying one day they came by with our desk, but nobody was home. I was here in the chair, mere twenty, maybe thirty feet or so from the door. our apartment is quite frankly a ghetto styled shotgun house, a salt tin if you will. Shrek was here too. If they knocked I never heard. Shrek never barked in alarm. *smh*

Christy told me she would be winess that I had not quit the job. I kept trying to understand, be sure of the termination. I kept asking for communication. it's all on HR that hasn't come forward, is not or will not do their job. Of course if their department heads are not expected to train, retain employees, guess that makes sense too.

At this point I got feelers out for about four to six other jobs, all paying at least $15 hrly to start. I'll have more out Monday, to Wednesday. State requires i make only 1 work contact per week for benefits, wife demands I get at least 3. "I'm so abused, *mockingly sniffs*" Yeahsureright.

If I have to take it to the labor board it'll be after I go visit HR in person. That is if if security isn't told to bar my entry. I don't think they will or could, given it's a public place of business. I would have business there too, business involving attaining a letter explaining my termination, the assistant depart heads authority to terminate, make it all clear. I'd go into the HR office, sit and wait politely until they produced such. I wouldn't be ranting, carrying on, threatening, just sitting waiting for them to their job.

I'd document the entirety of the visit via audio recording, detailed notes, and request any security video as copy for reference. Then, go see the labor board, let them sort it.

Think it goes without saying too but will so it is clear. If I've got to go through this kind of fight just to get clarity upon my alleged termination, the job itself isn't worth the fight.

I do not dislike nor like the work. To me it is simply "work", then pretty much all work becomes that to me, "it's just work". I had started to enjoy working with some of the people there, what little I could. The benefits seemed damn nice. The pay was decent for the work.

Still it's not worth this kind of pure manure just to stay working somewhere. I never got a sense of feeling part of a team there. I just went off on my own, swept, scrubbed, mopped floors. The "bosses" kept saying I would get further training, all of us would. It never manifested, always though "we'll get y'all trained up."

They had rooms with hard core workers sitting there all but asking, "what's wrong with doing that presently?" There was always some excuses, we had all this extra work to attend that shift, everyone had to go do work. Yada yada, on and on. Never was it "you, you, you, you're getting trained today, tomorrow I'll train him, him, her".

Why should I want to go back and work in that? No incentive to it, when I see a worker's market wide open.

Last edited:

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Think it goes without saying too but will so it is clear. If I've got to go through this kind of fight just to get clarity upon my alleged termination, the job itself isn't worth the fight.

I read a Quora Thread recently where someone fired unjustly went to his Labor Board and was Awarded a Years Salary for compensation.

Just a thought~!

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I read a Quora Thread recently where someone fired unjustly went to his Labor Board and was Awarded a Years Salary for compensation.

Just a thought~!

Well, WV is an "at will" state. That means an employer doesn't even need cause. This guy though called me into the office. I had thought he was going to explain where/how to find more Trapmore. This was the hospitals answer to dust mop treatment spray, or similar spray priduct. There was none present in our "suuply" area.

He was concluding our "huddle", asked if there were questions, raised my hand, "more Trapmore?" He said come on down to the office to address that. Then, the blinsiding, "leave your basdge, keys, leave the premises, you're terminated."

He then explained my wrk quality was sub-par, he was tired of my "agressive emotional outbursts". I think he meant me being assertive and not letting him ful;ly walk all over me.

At any given with WV being "at will" doubt I'd have any compesation. What I'm keen for is acknowledgement he had authority, and that HR knew, HR can provide it all in writing that explains to my wife's satisfaction. None of this has been forthcoming. Not even sure I'm terminated or not really. Not quit, yet "doing what I was instructed".

As it seems I'm not earning from them currently, well yes I've sought other means of income. "Agressively emotional" of me? Bah. I'm going to provide for my family, thank you. Maybe that's too rational, sane for anyone to understand. *shrugs* Don't care.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Finally.

Got a call today from one Mr. Do---. He is the corporate head of the hospital's HR. He is the one person I got directed to see on first being hired. Do--- is his first name. He tells you, "you can cal me Mr. Do---".

He is top notch, all professional. First he apologized that HR had been mishandling everything in my case. He had tried remaining off to the side to let his crew do as they should. He like I had watched them fall down, for that he apologized for his own inaction.

He was the one I was told in clear terms. "Mr. Do--, you don't want to see. He is the one that does the firing generally. He asked how he could assist me.

I explained things. He listened, thanked me for my candor, transparency. Then he affirmed that Ri--- as assistant dept head did have termination authority. He also then stated he was going to begin a more roboust investigation concerning Ri---. This he said was not the first concerns he had heard in his regard. Now, with my case presented, he saw it warranted.

We spoke a little more. He told me unfortunately, he could not repeal the termination as it was under 90 day probationary period. Understood that and told him so. Told him I was already entertaining other work offers. He almost chuckled, "probably the day you got terminated."

"Four opportunities and contacts made sir," I responded.

He told me "good man, good on you to keep going."

"All iIknow, besides the wife, ..."

He then did chuckle. "Of course sir, we got some of the toughest bosses ever."

Our conversation might have been ten minutes. He listened and was sincerly concerned. He knew my work quality as he had personally checked that with Mr. Erw--- at the school board. He didn't want a good worker gone.

It was a somewhat productive conversation. It helped me clarify a lot and come to understand something vital.

Full on Pap mode is engaged as a result.

Will not say it "made my day" but it did at least help to know someone still does the work.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I explained things. He listened, thanked me for my candor, transparency. Then he affirmed that Ri--- as assistant dept head did have termination authority. He also then stated he was going to begin a more roboust investigation concerning Ri---. This he said was not the first concerns he had heard in his regard. Now, with my case presented, he saw it warranted.

We spoke a little more. He told me unfortunately, he could not repeal the termination as it was under 90 day probationary period.

Well that still sucks but I wonder of this Ri---- guy is found that he is terminating people for unjust reasons could that allow you to be rehired or the Termination be repealed? It bugs me that you asked for some cleaning supply and then this asshole fired you~!

I know it might have been in the 90 day Probationary period but how close to the 90 days? Years ago I had a problem with an Assistant Manager who tried to fire me and the Manager called me and told me to come in and talk to him personally. After we spoke he told me to come in to work on my next scheduled day and the AM had a conniption and quit~!

Good Luck my friend because I am rooting, praying and whatever else I can do to send Good Mojo your way!

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Finally.

Got a call today from one Mr. Do---. He is the corporate head of the hospital's HR. He is the one person I got directed to see on first being hired. Do--- is his first name. He tells you, "you can cal me Mr. Do---".

He is top notch, all professional. First he apologized that HR had been mishandling everything in my case. He had tried remaining off to the side to let his crew do as they should. He like I had watched them fall down, for that he apologized for his own inaction.

He was the one I was told in clear terms. "Mr. Do--, you don't want to see. He is the one that does the firing generally. He asked how he could assist me.

We spoke a little more. He told me unfortunately, he could not repeal the termination as it was under 90 day probationary period. Understood that and told him so. Told him I was already entertaining other work offers. He almost chuckled, "probably the day you got terminated."

"Four opportunities and contacts made sir," I responded.

He told me "good man, good on you to keep going."

"All iIknow, besides the wife, ..."

He then did chuckle. "Of course sir, we got some of the toughest bosses ever."

Our conversation might have been ten minutes. He listened and was sincerly concerned. He knew my work quality as he had personally checked that with Mr. Erw--- at the school board. He didn't want a good worker gone.

It was a somewhat productive conversation. It helped me clarify a lot and come to understand something vital.

Full on Pap mode is engaged as a result.

Will not say it "made my day" but it did at least help to know someone still does the work.

The next question: are you eligible for unemployment benefits on the basis of the job you had with the schools? Also I don't know if it applies during a probationary period, but there are circumstances under which you can file for unemployment even when you are terminated, if you make the allegation of inadequate training. I know that because an employee in a department of mine did that once - she accused me of not training her adequately and then terminating her for not doing her job. If that had been true, it would have been a sorry thing for someone to do, but this gal just couldn't learn (or wouldn't) no matter how many times I explained things to her. Anyhoo...just a couple of thoughts.

I'm glad someone with some sense of propriety and professionalism finally got in touch with you. The rest of it....SO disrespectful.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I wonder of this Ri---- guy is found that he is terminating people for unjust reasons could that allow you to be rehired or the Termination be repealed? It bugs me that you asked for some cleaning supply and then this asshole fired you~!

He cite subpar work quality.

Let me address that.

1. There was no training from housekeeping management during orientation, nor after hiring.

2. This Ri--- guy told me the second day there "Listen to just me. You listen to anyone else and its trouble. Do only what I say." As I'm new to the town, new to the job, and he seemed to be position of authority I "followed along" trying to learn what I could. He swore he was training me to do everything. In fact he only had me doing trash collection, cleaning the floors. Still, I followed along as he seemed to be the "authority".

3. After about three weeks without any JD (Job Description / Check Off Work Order Sheets) sheets. He and the department head started giving me JD sheets. From what I read of policy, the managers cannot add anything to the JD sheets. Meaning the Corporate dolled out your work each shift arbitrarily based off percieved need/s. I was pigeon holed as a "floor technician" which meant all I was supposed to do was attend to cleaning floors.

4. The Ri-- guy still come around, having me do extra stuff to cover for "shorthandedness". I Kept needing to go "run trash", go help another team member by helping do floors in their section, or act as a go for / messenger. "Do whatever I say."

5. I would ask for confirmations, ask if I understood his instructions correctly. Each time it was indicated or explicitly stated I was doing "just fine". After three weeks though he started criticizing my work quality, yet not really offering any training or ways to improve. Week four he finally seemed to start offering that. I had kept telling him, every way I could, "show me what you want done." He feigned not being capable of understanding me for three to four weeks. Some authority I thought for him to not be able to know how to train employees, yet kept it to myself. My wife said to not criticize them, keep it zipped up because they might not appreciate a "new guy" telling them "how to do" their jobs.

6. He alledged having been in the Army, been a police chief, been this, done that blah blah blah. If he had even half the qualifiers he espoused he would have been quite a bit more professional, much more able to train me, or anyone. He would not have used "fighting words" with me by "reminding" me that life requires sacrifice. I've had nothing but a life of service, been in family that has the same, around friends the same. If he too had served, he would understand they was no call to "remind" anyone with a life of service that life required sacrifice. It's offensive at best and fighting words when expressed in the manner he did.

7. I couched my disdain for his fighting words in what I thought was accepted dark humorr, three days after the fact.. Told him I didn't apprsaciate his reminder life reqwuired sacrifice if he did again I might shhut his mouth. I was speaking in a jovial and joking tone, again if he had half of the qualifiers he espoused, he would have not done what came next. Next, he blew up, blew my joking completely out of context and misconstrued it as being a threat. I had no intent of it being a threat, rather a polite joking means to let him know I didn't appreciate his tone with me. A means to let him know that he perhaps was over the line in using "fighting words" to me.

It was not just my asking for a cleaning product what caused him to terminate me. Unfortunately, I got played by someone being a prick. Played by someone who wound me up for their amusement. And there's nothing I can say but what they will not lie their way out of, gloss over their bad actions while painting me as the devil. I was played by a narcissit.

Yes, my dumb fault to some degree. I ought to not followed his lead, kept asking for JD sheets from shift one, got properly trained by demanding it, left to do the JD sheet work and not the extra work based upon a "say so". Again, I was trying to go along to not "rock any boats". Again, I thought this fellow was the "authority", thought for him to have been "all that" and "then some", I had best just "fall in line".

Not going to happen any more. I find work I'm following my Pap's template. Show up, shut up, do assigned work only, go home, get paid. Leave work at work, home at home. If that marks me as a callous asshole to team mates, other co-workers, so what? At least I'll keep a job. Not bothered talking to anyone in a work environment any more beyond what is needed to do assigned work only. Even then, I'll be curt, professional and civil but curt.

"How is your work going, Ben?"

"It's work, it's going. Excuse me, back to it."

"Hey Ben, you see ...?"

"Sorry, got to keep working."

To be clear: doing all he said, took me away from doing the work assigned on the JD sheets. I could not do all of it. He kept indicating I needed to do what he asked / said, not to worry about the JD sheet work. It was "fine" if I didn't get it done.

Then he challenged me for not doing my work. Told him I did as I was instructed, had ask for clarifications, told it was all good, did what I was instructed best I could. That still didn't suit. So, I told him I didn't care. What I didn't care about was how I saw him "winding me up" and challenging me. I was done with that.

Right there he knew he had lost control over me. I was not there to be his entertainment any more. And that was what got me terminated, he just tossed any excuse at it.

The next question: are you eligible for unemployment benefits on the basis of the job you had with the schools? Also I don't know if it applies during a probationary period, but there are circumstances under which you can file for unemployment even when you are terminated, if you make the allegation of inadequate training. I know that because an employee in a department of mine did that once - she accused me of not training her adequately and then terminating her for not doing her job.

Well there was inadequate training. They would have the room full of the employees at the start of the shift. Our shift was 4 PM to 12:30 AM. At 4 we all went to our supply/break room after clocking in. We had our "Huddle", the department head / and/or Assistant Head would tell us the night's expectations, for those doing paitent rooms, how many, expected discharges, so on. Not really anything for floor guys or trash guys, just "keep up the good work, go team, go." They were always telling us "we'll get you all trained for this or that, in this process, or that one".

"But tonight we got all this other, we're short handed, we need all of us working, ..." One excuse flowed after another. And yet they had a group of employees that had spent their working careers taking On The Job Training, we knew how to train and do the work, we all sat there nearly blurting out, "train us while we go at it."

The training never manifested. Excuses kept piling upon excuses. "Oh we're so busy trying to manage you all." We had no clue if we were short handed or over staffed. Pretty clear though the "managers" either could not, or would do what they were supposed to be doing, hiring, training, retaining good workers.

Yes, I qualified for unemployment. My wife triple checked with her working for the unemployment and work force offices of the state. Unemployment only requires I make 1 job contact per week of benefits, my wife requires me to have 3 each week at minimum. Yes, we're extra hard on each other, always been. We do so to avoid even any appearance of impropriety. We get no "breaks".

I too was glad to get called from Mr. Dor--- . Although he like I was sad I was terminated, he did at least desire to express he was aware something seemed amiss, and he intended to fix it. Like I told Christy, though, even that too could be "lip service". Still it was better than the nothing HR had seemed to do until then. "Ah hey, well at least someone is adult and doing the job."

Got my three in for this week already and been keeping the apartment kept up, clean. Got a roast and veggies on as a roast stew in the crock pot today. She left singing out, "Oh my oh my, my hubbay's cooking tonight!" The crock is on low and will cook down all day, the roast will fall apart. It'll be a good supper, for a few days or more. May share with a neighbor.

For lack smell and limited taste she says I do rather good at cooking. I just keep it simple, no need to be some glitzy gormound chef, a humble cook is good enough. :)

Off to dust now before I forget it.

Last edited:

VU Sponsors