Become a Patron!

Vaping Underground PIF Box ~ LIVE & IN PROGRESS~

otto85

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Welp, I've relapsed. This is so hard! I'm light headed as hell, I guess that's what I get. My daughter left an almost whole Newport in the ashtray outside and I smoked it. I feel like I haven't accomplished anything this past 6 months. I'm sad and depressed. I need someone in front of me wicking this thing or I'm never gonna get it. I guess you can't teach an old dog new tricks. Oh well, gnite y'all.
Don't sweat it I'm sure at least most of us have slipped, I'll do a step by step walk through as I know how hard it can be to get wicking right in the beginning.
1.remove a even strip of cotton that is approx 2x the size of ur coil diameter wise
2.insert the twisted end into the coil if it feels like the wick is going to come to a stop remove the wick and take a super small amount off the wick making it thinner and retry (repeat until the wick is in the coil)
3.take both ends of the wick and twist the wick should be able to spin inside the coil with a little resistance(if it won't twist or is hard to twist repeat step 2)
4.cut the ends of the wick leaving enough to drape onto the bottom of the build deck juice well
5. position The wick in the juice well and move the ends towards the outside of the well so air can flow around the coil
6.place juice into the well and watch how long it takes for the wick to absorb the juice (should be completely saturated in about 4 seconds)

Tina Ellis

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Don't sweat it I'm sure at least most of us have slipped, I'll do a step by step walk through as I know how hard it can be to get wicking right in the beginning.
1.remove a even strip of cotton that is approx 2x the size of ur coil diameter wise
2.insert the twisted end into the coil if it feels like the wick is going to come to a stop remove the wick and take a super small amount off the wick making it thinner and retry (repeat until the wick is in the coil)
3.take both ends of the wick and twist the wick should be able to spin inside the coil with a little resistance(if it won't twist or is hard to twist repeat step 2)
4.cut the ends of the wick leaving enough to drape onto the bottom of the build deck juice well
5. position The wick in the juice well and move the ends towards the outside of the well so air can flow around the coil
6.place juice into the well and watch how long it takes for the wick to absorb the juice (should be completely saturated in about 4 seconds)
Thank you @otto85! I haven't heard about the twisting after getting the wick in the coil. My biggest problem is the amount of wicking. I'm still trying!
At what wattage should be vaping at with dual coils coming up to be .48? An approximate number or something. Thanks though

Geauxst

A Banished Ghost of the Past
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Thank you @otto85! I haven't heard about the twisting after getting the wick in the coil. My biggest problem is the amount of wicking. I'm still trying!
At what wattage should be vaping at with dual coils coming up to be .48? An approximate number or something. Thanks though
Assuming your running max voltage 4.2 v you will be good around 35w range
258b2482477a58c5fb8f0e77cb36ed76.jpg

I'd say that's a 30-40w range any lower you might not get much any high it will taste burntish

Sent from a Ghost town

otto85

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Ur very welcome as long as the wick is still dry u can always take it out add or remove some, ull get the feel for how much cotton as u advance. As far as a .48ish build I don't like getting into knowledge swap on power just in case but I'm sure someone can help u on that 1

otto85

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Correction on the twisting thing it can be taken wrong, twist like u would a earring , not like ur wringing out a rag just want to see how easily it spins inside the coil

Geauxst

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Correction on the twisting thing it can be taken wrong, twist like u would a earring , not like ur wringing out a rag just want to see how easily it spins inside the coil
And always untwist and fluff up when your done

Sent from a Ghost town

Tina Ellis

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Thanks everyone for the comments, just knowing someone is here helps a lot.
@Geauxst, are you using that ohm thingy on your computer or phone? If phone, is it an app that you can download? I'd like to look at that on my own, get a feel for it so to speak...

Cmd.Gio.420

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year

thewanderernick

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Welp, I've relapsed. This is so hard! I'm light headed as hell, I guess that's what I get. My daughter left an almost whole Newport in the ashtray outside and I smoked it. I feel like I haven't accomplished anything this past 6 months. I'm sad and depressed. I need someone in front of me wicking this thing or I'm never gonna get it. I guess you can't teach an old dog new tricks. Oh well, gnite y'all.
well its not as if you lost a war or anything. Just get back on it girl. You might start over from a counter or something, but you definitely know vaping works for you as long your gear is set up properly. Do you use any RDAs i would assume you would have much less trouble with them, but you would have to drip often since its not a tank. But then again you can change your juice with the quickness.

msjs91011

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
@Geauxst question for you. And fyi @Tina Ellis , please disregard this post because i know im gonna cause confusion.

So, why do you recommend 35ish watts if someones using a mod carrying batteries at 4.2v? If im running a sig 150 with full batts and o.2 ohms, what does that calc say i should be using for wattage? Curious to see because at 70 watts my juices taste great.

Sent from my mind's rectum.

Geauxst

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
@Geauxst question for you. And fyi @Tina Ellis , please disregard this post because i know im gonna cause confusion.

So, why do you recommend 35ish watts if someones using a mod carrying batteries at 4.2v? If im running a sig 150 with full batts and o.2 ohms, what does that calc say i should be using for wattage? Curious to see because at 70 watts my juices taste great.

Sent from my mind's rectum.
Usually you recommend what the max out put of fresh batts in a mech would be which would be 4.2v fully charged most reg users will run in the range of 3.7-4.4v the wattage will change with the ohms though while Tina's build at 4.2 and .48 ohms runs 36w your build at 4.2 and .2 ohm will run 88w so I'd suggest to you to try it at 75-90w

32274ba7ad6361946f17b5e11126e231.jpg

All that is , is a simple ohms calculator its not a required range it just gets you in the ball park other things need to be considered as well like flavor is it bakery,candy,fruit,food,drink and also do you like hotter or cool vapes... Smooth or aggressive all this can be found between 65-95w with a .2 ohm build personally I don't find it enjoyable above 95w I normally like all my builds ran at a 3.9v range no matter the wattage

Sent from a Ghost town

Geauxst

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Thanks everyone for the comments, just knowing someone is here helps a lot.
@Geauxst, are you using that ohm thingy on your computer or phone? If phone, is it an app that you can download? I'd like to look at that on my own, get a feel for it so to speak...
Its a nice app it has a coil builder option where you tell it why gauge wire your using how many coils what diameter and your target resistance and it will tell you roughly how many wraps that will take to get those ohms
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.VaporCloud.VaporCalc&hl=en assuming u have an android

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
This link is the app I use, thx cmd

Sent from a Ghost town

Tina Ellis

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I am just curious what nic level you are vaping cause with following the thread I am getting that you have started building your own coils as apposed to using the already made ones I have heard from a few people that sometimes if their nic level is too high they are getting like a burnt taste with everything! I would also suggest where you said that you were having a bit of trouble wicking that you make sure that your wicking material is not too tight where it is under the wire cause it can burn it only underneath the wire!

Sent from my A1-830 using Tapatalk
Sorry for the late reply. Most of the time I use 6 but I've been known to use a 3 also. I'm pretty sure my problem lies with the wicking. I cannot get it right to save my life! I think I've watched every YouTube video about coils and wicking. I've got to find someone that I can watch and learn from live if that makes any sense. My good friend that is the manager of a local Vape shop is willing to help but she's so damn busy all the time its hard to catch up with her long enough to see it being done. All I can do is practice, practice, practice!

thewanderernick

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Sorry for the late reply. Most of the time I use 6 but I've been known to use a 3 also. I'm pretty sure my problem lies with the wicking. I cannot get it right to save my life! I think I've watched every YouTube video about coils and wicking. I've got to find someone that I can watch and learn from live if that makes any sense. My good friend that is the manager of a local Vape shop is willing to help but she's so damn busy all the time its hard to catch up with her long enough to see it being done. All I can do is practice, practice, practice!
shoot just go in there and get one of those younger guys to help you out. They will probably be more than happy to. Most of the people in the shops like to show off their skills anyway.

Cmd.Gio.420

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Gdmorning to all.. Happy Monday..
@thewanderernick I'll b putting that in the mail in about 30min.. I'll send u a pic of the tracking number.. Hope everyone has a great & productive day cuz I knw I am lol

thewanderernick

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Gdmorning to all.. Happy Monday..
@thewanderernick I'll b putting that in the mail in about 30min.. I'll send u a pic of the tracking number.. Hope everyone has a great & productive day cuz I knw I am lol

See mondays are great LOL. thanks brother can't wait to get my hands on it. I am heading to the vape shop later to get some more goodies for the box. I figure custards/fruits/dessert vapes are pretty universal. It really would be nice since the box is moving if everyone posted what they are into though. At least that way even the people who don't really chat much can have an idea what the people after them are into in case they have those profiles and don't like them.

Tina Ellis

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Real quick, is anyone pifing a Nautilus or Nautilus mini? I've heard great things about them and wanted to try one out, especially at night when others are asleep and I want to vape on the down low...

Geauxst

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I have never tried nautilus is that a mod or tank.
Its a tank its basically a protank clearomizers .... Or the Atlantis little brother its want came before subohm tanks
Real quick, is anyone pifing a Nautilus or Nautilus mini? I've heard great things about them and wanted to try one out, especially at night when others are asleep and I want to vape on the down low...

Sent from a Ghost town

Geauxst

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I have a few spare ones along with colored spare tanks and even all metal tanks... Been thinking about pifing them too

Sent from a Ghost town

Tina Ellis

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I have a few spare ones along with colored spare tanks and even all metal tanks... Been thinking about pifing them too

Sent from a Ghost town
If you decide to pif them, I promise it will be put to great use... And I'm after you for Bart...just sayin...

Tina Ellis

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
As a matter of fact, I'll just put this Protank back in the pif box and hold out for the Nautilus.

Geauxst

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
As a matter of fact, I'll just put this Protank back in the pif box and hold out for the Nautilus.
The protank is actually a better tank then the nautilus... Well the protank 3 specifically and mainly cause it has better air flow

Sent from a Ghost town

Geauxst

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Which this is not :)
Well all the protank were good... But so was the nautilus... But your good with the higher ohms and tighter draw of the clearomizers???

Sent from a Ghost town

thewanderernick

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I got a question about tanks. The ones that have the prebuilt sub ohm coils. I guess the thing is you will still have to wick them yourself huh. And is it normal that wicking is harder or the actual building of the coils.

Geauxst

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I got a question about tanks. The ones that have the prebuilt sub ohm coils. I guess the thing is you will still have to wick them yourself huh. And is it normal that wicking is harder or the actual building of the coils.
No most sub ohms come with already to go coil heads only RTA you HAVR to build and wick like a RDA except it's smaller and has a tank

Sent from a Ghost town

thewanderernick

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
No most sub ohms come with already to go coil heads only RTA you HAVR to build and wick like a RDA except it's smaller and has a tank

Sent from a Ghost town
The pre built coil heads are the equivalent to the coils we build on our RDA's then, but the other RTA's you have to rebuild the same as an RDA, but it just has less space is all then.

VU Sponsors