Become a Patron!

We love cats

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
She is not applehead and is likely a Lilac Point - she was born feral and she came to us as about a 3-4 week old bottle baby

She is on my lap right now, hahahahaView attachment 162483

The cat I had long before Tiki, was like that. Came from a feral litter whose momma got killed, and I weaned her and raised from a barely eye-opened kitten until she was 8yo. A gorgeous Tortshell. Had a litter right on my bed.

Siamese always look so damn sleek and smart....but never had one.
Had a male Russian Blue though once back in the '70s. That was a majestic and super-intelligent cat.

Never even seen one since though. :(

Last edited:

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
[
The cat I had long before Tiki, was like that. Came from a feral litter whose momma got killed, and I weaned her and raised from a barely eye-opened kitten until she was 8yo. A gorgeous Tortshell. Had a litter right on my bed.

Siamese always look so damn sleek and smart....but never had one.
Had a male Russian Blue though once back in the '70s. That was a majestic and super-intelligent cat.

Never even seen one since though. :(

Ah Russian Blue - my brother has one named Biscuit

Stunning appearance and excellent friendly personality

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Fed Milly the last of the pre-made meat in the fridge this morning, then she got hungry again a bit ago and I realized I'd taken out the boneless pork loin to thaw...but not the chicken. Argghh.

Pork loin is 3+lbs and requires some trimming, so didn't want to deal with it just yet.

So, with a merrrowing cat following me around, I made up a single-serving meal to tide her over.
This is just organic boneless chicken breast and a chunk of AK salmon that I just diced while frozen and it thawed in like a minute. Added a pinch of her Alnutrin supplement and a bit of water to mix and she's GO for NOMZ.

The food.
yXSGxIwl.jpg

Do not get in the way...
GkG0Gtjl.jpg

Rhianne

Diamond Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Getting sleepy
c62c4467e94b825c2c50ce8f23aaf4c7.jpg

Sent from a pile of wood chips

Omg, she’s so beautiful!!!!! :inlove:

Edit: she looks a lot like the feral Abyssinian I had for years. Does she ever try to fetch? Mine used to bring stuff back to us.

Last edited:

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Omg, she’s so beautiful!!!!! :inlove:

Edit: she looks a lot like the feral Abyssinian I had for years. Does she ever try to fetch? Mine used to bring stuff back to us.
Haven't got her to fetch. Unless it's the other cats. She spends more time attacking and trying yo play with them but they're old and want no part of it.

Rhianne

Diamond Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Haven't got her to fetch. Unless it's the other cats. She spends more time attacking and trying yo play with them but they're old and want no part of it.

Ours used to bring back toys we’d give him or throw to him. The markings are exactly like Harley’s. It freaked me out a bit how much they look alike. I lost mine about five years ago, and I haven’t gotten another cat since he was my baby. A huge baby, though! Lol

Edit: our Siamese mothered him. So he was lucky.

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
All my boy kitties have played fetch. It's adorable. Bosco and I played stretch and fetch. He'd drop his toy a little further away from me each time, lol. I miss my buddy dearly. Fitz has recently started playing fetch.
Tiki used to play 'Catminton' with me...I'd toss up a toy and she'd thwack it right back at me...pretty fun.
Milly..still a young'un: I toss, she leaps up and catches it, attacks it and it ded...lol...

Little signs of her mellowing though. She curled up on one of the couch pillows for the first time the other day. :)

kM2YtrD.jpg

Last edited:

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
The reason that cat is so big is that she's at least part Maine C.o.o.n. Does she have extra toes on any of her paws? Many of them are polydactyl. Her size and the shape of her head and face are giveaways.

That was my impression too, or possibly Manx or Norwegian Forest Cat. All are gorgeous, and BIG.

Andria

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
stupid dbl posts

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years

That sounds just like Annabel running at Tuxie, chasing her, until Tuxie turns around, hisses, makes her Bruce-Lee Impression, and then smacks the hell out of Annabel.:giggle:

Andria

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Changing weather, time to change the bedding to lighter stuffs.

IMG_20200610_093242.jpg

Milly is like "WTF HAVE YOU DONE?!" LOL!! :D

But, she IS laying right on the bed now...hmm. That's a first.

It's been several bedding-changes since I had Tiki, and everything was cleaned before I got Milly just to be safe. I wonder if somehow she could STILL smell the other cat on the bed even so? Weird.

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
She looks like she’s too hot to even move! Lol
Naw, she'd just been lying all across her bed, took a big stretch, then just flopped down like that. :D
She often likes hanging her head over things while resting..idk..lol...

We went from 80s this last weekend to a high of around 60 today, then will be near 80 again in a week.
Weather: https://www.wunderground.com/calendar/us/wa/spokane/KGEG (that is the NWS from the Airport, like 20mi from here)https://www.wunderground.com/calendar/us/wa/spokane/KGEG

Welcome to Eastern WA...don't like the weather? Just wait a few minutes and it'll change. ;)

Last edited:

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
All 3 of our kittipoos have been fighting fleas, and we finally got some Bravecto for them, on the recommendation of the vet. It seems to put all of them severely out of countenance; Annabel and Tuxie both were crying for hours, and Tommie was so lethargic he would barely even eat.

But the up-side is that the Bravecto shit really seems to work. One of Tuxie's favorite spots is on top of the dryer, so she can peer out the side window, and on that white dryer, you could see DOZENS of fleas, either dead or in their final throes.

Now we just gotta find some DeFlea to treat the rugs, furniture, and the carpet here in my room. They used to sell it at PetCo, but now I seem to have to buy it online.

I fucking hate the little bloodsucking monsters.

Andria

Rhianne

Diamond Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
All 3 of our kittipoos have been fighting fleas, and we finally got some Bravecto for them, on the recommendation of the vet. It seems to put all of them severely out of countenance; Annabel and Tuxie both were crying for hours, and Tommie was so lethargic he would barely even eat.

But the up-side is that the Bravecto shit really seems to work. One of Tuxie's favorite spots is on top of the dryer, so she can peer out the side window, and on that white dryer, you could see DOZENS of fleas, either dead or in their final throes.

Now we just gotta find some DeFlea to treat the rugs, furniture, and the carpet here in my room. They used to sell it at PetCo, but now I seem to have to buy it online.

I fucking hate the little bloodsucking monsters.

Andria

I hope they feel better, Andria. And that you’re not being bit. I only had to deal with it once, when we let a friend keep her cat with us while she was away. She didn’t say anything about it, and those little fuckers literally bit me on the ass!! Not my hubs, just me. Growl.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I hope they feel better, Andria. And that you’re not being bit. I only had to deal with it once, when we let a friend keep her cat with us while she was away. She didn’t say anything about it, and those little fuckers literally bit me on the ass!! Not my hubs, just me. Growl.

The DeFlea is the sovereign remedy if they decide to take up residence in your home -- the last house we rented before we bought this one, the landlady is one of those "crazy cat ladies" who had about 10 of 'em, and she was too lazy and stupid to get any of 'em fixed, or treat their fleas... so when we moved in, with no pets then, those monsters decided WE were good food! AAARRRGHHG!!! We bombed that place 3 times and it did no good at all -- because fleas have a 4-stage life cycle, like caterpillars/moths/butterflies; the DeFlea kills all four, eggs, larva, pupa, and adult. YEAH!!! You can find it on Amazon, it's 14.60 a bottle, and worth every fucking penny!

We had one bottle, so we got my BR carpet treated today, and also the large cat tree in the living room, and the rug it's standing on. Ordered a couple more bottles, should be here in a few days.

Andria

Last edited:

Rhianne

Diamond Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
The DeFlea is the sovereign remedy if they decide to take up residence in your home -- the last house we rented before we bought this one, the landlady is one of those "crazy cat ladies" who had about 10 of 'em, and she was too lazy and stupid to get any of 'em fixed, or treat their fleas... so when we moved in, with no pets then, those monsters decided WE were good food! AAARRRGHHG!!! We bombed that place 3 times and it did no good at all -- because fleas have a 4-stage life cycle, like caterpillars/moths/butterflies; the DeFlea kills all four, eggs, larva, pupa, and adult. YEAH!!! You can find it on Amazon, it's 14.60 a bottle, and worth every fucking penny!

We had one bottle, so we got my BR carpet treated today, and also the large cat tree in the living room, and the rug it's standing on. Ordered a couple more bottles, should be here in a few days.

Andria

I’m glad they’ll be dead and out of your house!

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Hot day, AC and fans are on and I'd gone to store to get cold things for me and treats for her...I think she likes them. :D

63RmZx0.jpg

*that is a trap...do NOT put your hand in there...lol
Actually, she lets me rubba belly now, but with notice....if i try it without her knowing whats up, owies can result.

Rhianne

Diamond Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Hot day, AC and fans are on and I'd gone to store to get cold things for me and treats for her...I think she likes them. :D

63RmZx0.jpg

Actually, she lets me rubba belly now, but with notice....if i try it without her knowing whats up, owies can result.

She’s got an “I dare you” look on her face, though. :giggle:

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years

That's exactly the trick that Tommie likes to play -- he'll roll over on his back at the drop of a hat, loves to sleep that way... bur if you try to pet that fuzzy belly, you will BLEED. :giggle: Same with Annabel. Tuxie LOVES tummy rubs.

I just love kitty paws; when they stick 'em up in the air like that, they're so damn cute!

Andria

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years

You are not wrong...lol...

It's only been since Dec that I've had her, we are learning still.

I lay my hand down by her hind feet...she pushes hard against me with them..but no claws.
Then, she lets me rub belly, etc. She has to have control and feel safe. Then, she's a purr-ey cuddle monster.

Love and trust....can't have one without the other.

I know she cares for me and she rubs on me and purrrrz constantly...but trust is hard for her.
I think she was a semi-feral or barn cat..maybe even kitten mill..IDK. But when I feel teeth or claws, I just tell her firmly NO OW...and she's learned to let go. I have scars to prove it though.

She's not an older well-mannered house cat like Tiki; she's violent, strong as hell, fast and brutal. Stubborn, immature, and willful too. A nearly 10lb kitten basically.

But, behind all that, she wants to be loved and snuggled and cared for. She knows I am there for her.
When I leave the Apt., most of the time she waits for me on the back of the couch near the door like a puppy.

She curls up next to me at night now too...when she feels like it. If not, I just hug her and pet her and tell her nite-nite in her bed, then we go our ways to sleep. She'll merrp at me if I forget.

I've had to learn that she isn't rejecting me by not sleeping in a bed with me like Tiki did from the first night. She's just being a different and much younger cat than the one I spent that last 8yrs with.

Building a relationship takes years. :)

Last edited:

inganeer

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
This is my miracle girl. Meet Sugar. First pic is when we brought her home. For 3 months we woke up expecting her to pass through the night. Lucky for her my wife was more stubborn lol. She had to have I.V. fluids every 4 hours because she was so dehydrated. She lost her left eye somehow. We suspect a dog or something chewed her up bad.
dbc24718d9eca9b0fdd757fa3f37e6f3.jpg
2f3f30c4afe487c842f481ae47bd41b9.jpg

Sent from my LGL63BL using Tapatalk

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
This is my miracle girl. Meet Sugar. First pic is when we brought her home. For 3 months we woke up expecting her to pass through the night. Lucky for her my wife was more stubborn lol. She had to have I.V. fluids every 4 hours because she was so dehydrated. She lost her left eye somehow. We suspect a dog or something chewed her up bad.

Oh wow that's awesome.

Train

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Aww, she looks SO cuddly now!
What's in the tank - does Sugar have her own pets now?:):)

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Harley Quinn. Normally wouldn't post the box but I've yet to get her to sit like this for very long. And I made that little stand for the food bowl for the other cat. Helps with stopping regurgitating.
b6fd7045f9a1a9e36379644da713e74e.jpg

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
What’s with the alien kitty eyes? :giggle: She’s so beautiful!!

Flash pic...they do that. ;)

Like this photo I just took when Milly ran up the side of my 7' high storage unit again...she likes it up there. The weird angles are from the cell phone pic, it's Square.

o3VIGPK.jpg

That slight sag on the top shelf is fine and has been there for about 30yrs...Uncle and I built that unit back in the 90s and my brother and I took it apart and rebuilt it in my Apt after Uncle passed. It's made of 1/2" and 3/4" plywood and 2x4s...It ain't moving.

Last edited:

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Flash pic...they do that. ;)

Like this photo I just took when Milly ran up the side of my 7' high storage unit again...she likes it up there.

o3VIGPK.jpg

No, that sag is fine and has been there for about 30yrs...Uncle and I built that unit back in the 90s and my brother and I took it apart and rebuilt it in my Apt after Uncle passed. It's made of 1/2" and 3/4" plywood and 2x4s...It ain't moving.

Great pic! It displays her tortie split so beautifully!!! :)

Andria

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Harley Quinn. Normally wouldn't post the box but I've yet to get her to sit like this for very long. And I made that little stand for the food bowl for the other cat. Helps with stopping regurgitating.
b6fd7045f9a1a9e36379644da713e74e.jpg

I was looking at different cat breeds on wikipedia last night, just for the fun of it... and I ran across one that put me in mind of Miss Harley, called a Toyger. Harley looks like a fairly ordinary tabby frm the side, but her little face has that kind of striping, like a baby tiger. She might have some of that "created breed" DNA in her somewhere.

Andria

VU Sponsors