We love cats

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
How's Milly doing with all the damn fireworks? All our cats are in hiding. :D

Andria
So far so good. There's been a few random booms from people setting things off illegally, but other than perking her up and her running to windows to see what it was all about, she doesn't seem to care much.

The main huge official display downtown that'd have like 40-50K people at it was called off and instead they are doing several smaller 'drive-in' shows around the city. That's at 10pm tonight, nothing that close to us though. We're in the ghetto basically..lol! A 21yo guy with two teens in the car and driving DUI drove his car into the side of a restaurant a couple blocks away...:crazy:

I worry more about the idjits with guns, cars, M-80s and other illegal fireworks, etc..and starting fires.

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yup, fireworks been going off for like 20min now.. Initially she was running around trying to see things, now she is not giving a crap..lol :) 🎆🧨😸

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! Don't you?
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Yup, fireworks been going off for like 20min now.. Initially she was running around trying to see things, now she is not giving a crap..lol :) 🎆🧨😸

Good for her! Both our females always hide under the bed, when fireworks are going on... but even Tommy, who's usually so calm and placid about everything, ran behind the big toolbox in the garage, and would only come back out when I went out in the garage and talked sweet to him for a while. I don't normally let him do much rubbing on my legs, he's so hairy and sheddy and he always feels kinda "greasy"... but last night, I sat down and let him rub on me all he wanted, while I petted him. It seemed to soothe him. I have a clothes brush and know how to use it! :teehee:

Andria

VU Sponsors