Become a Patron!

We love cats

Rhianne

Diamond Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Harley Quinn. Normally wouldn't post the box but I've yet to get her to sit like this for very long. And I made that little stand for the food bowl for the other cat. Helps with stopping regurgitating.
b6fd7045f9a1a9e36379644da713e74e.jpg

Sent from a pile of wood chips

Awww, she looks like a little Egyptian cat statue. :inlove:

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
How's Milly doing with all the damn fireworks? All our cats are in hiding. :D

Andria

So far so good. There's been a few random booms from people setting things off illegally, but other than perking her up and her running to windows to see what it was all about, she doesn't seem to care much.

The main huge official display downtown that'd have like 40-50K people at it was called off and instead they are doing several smaller 'drive-in' shows around the city. That's at 10pm tonight, nothing that close to us though. We're in the ghetto basically..lol! A 21yo guy with two teens in the car and driving DUI drove his car into the side of a restaurant a couple blocks away...:crazy:

I worry more about the idjits with guns, cars, M-80s and other illegal fireworks, etc..and starting fires.

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Yup, fireworks been going off for like 20min now.. Initially she was running around trying to see things, now she is not giving a crap..lol :) ???

JuUXpgSl.jpg

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Yup, fireworks been going off for like 20min now.. Initially she was running around trying to see things, now she is not giving a crap..lol :) ???

JuUXpgSl.jpg

Good for her! Both our females always hide under the bed, when fireworks are going on... but even Tommy, who's usually so calm and placid about everything, ran behind the big toolbox in the garage, and would only come back out when I went out in the garage and talked sweet to him for a while. I don't normally let him do much rubbing on my legs, he's so hairy and sheddy and he always feels kinda "greasy"... but last night, I sat down and let him rub on me all he wanted, while I petted him. It seemed to soothe him. I have a clothes brush and know how to use it! :teehee:

Andria

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Ahhh, Milly finally cracked the 10lb mark. ?

Screenshot from 2020-07-10 15-43-23.png

When I got her back in Nov of 2019, she was still very kitten-ish at 1year and 2 Mos and barely 8lbs.
She's growing up and packing on the muscle now. The Meat is doing good for her.

Also good news; I'm under 140lbs...teehee.

inganeer

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
New addition to our brood of kitties. Everyone meet mama. She was dumped at my work pregnant. She had 3 babies all of which now have new homes. I was worried she wouldn't find a forever home. My wife made arrangements to give her to me for our 13th wedding anniversary. She is so sweet and and lays around making biscuits and purrs.
4edd2d900332a95b4c4715eeb1d5aaea.jpg

Sent from my LGL722DL using Tapatalk

Last edited:

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Ahhh, Milly finally cracked the 10lb mark.

View attachment 164705

When I got her back in Nov of 2019, she was still very kitten-ish at 1year and 2 Mos and barely 8lbs.
She's growing up and packing on the muscle now. The Meat is doing good for her.

Also good news; I'm under 140lbs...teehee.
I haven't seen 140lbs since I was a teen. Lol.

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
How interesting. Your kitty appears to have a hint of torty in him or her. The brown or orange is very uncommon in tabbies.

Her adoption picture she had a lot of brown. When I saw her in person I was kinda let down. But you can see it well here.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
How interesting. Your kitty appears to have a hint of torty in him or her. The brown or orange is very uncommon in tabbies.

Her adoption picture she had a lot of brown. When I saw her in person I was kinda let down. But you can see it well here.

She's a baby tiger! Grrr!!! :giggle:

Andria

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
It's warm. So, took the blanket off the couch so we can enjoy the nice cooool leather.
At first, Milly was like WTF but soon realized it was cooshy. Now, I'm comfortably trapped...lol

8LWq725.jpg

flash pic kinda washed out her colors, but meh...

Last edited:

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
It's warm. So, took the blanket off the couch so we can enjoy the nice cooool leather.
At first, Milly was like WTF but soon realized it was cooshy. Now, I'm comfortably trapped...lol

8LWq725.jpg

flash pic kinda washed out her colors, but meh...

Don't you have air conditioning? I couldn't even imagine trying to live without it!

Andria

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Don't you have air conditioning? I couldn't even imagine trying to live without it!

Andria

Yes, but it's a built-in wall unit original to the building...which was built in the 70s. Last remodeled in the 80s.

H1boyCW.jpg

Beastly 14,500 BTU of pre-ban Freon and fake wood trim adorned. ;)

It works well, but it eats money so I curtail its usage as much as I can...try living on $791/mo.
I have many fans though.

It is a smallish living room, but with a 20'+ high vaulted ceiling...a lotta air space to cool and the ceiling is the roof of the building. Which is dark grey.

5sU0yq4.jpg

Those big dual 7' baseboards (idiotically placed under the 60x70" window) are never used either, or I'd have a $200 electric bill.

Last edited:

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Yes, but it's a built-in wall unit original to the building...which was built in the 70s. Last remodeled in the 80s.

H1boyCW.jpg

Beastly 14,500 BTU of pre-ban Freon and fake wood trim adorned. ;)

It works well, but it eats money so I curtail its usage as much as I can...try living on $791/mo.
I have many fans though.

It is a smallish living room, but with a 20'+ high vaulted ceiling...a lotta air space to cool and the ceiling is the roof of the building. Which is dark grey.

5sU0yq4.jpg

Those big dual 7' baseboards (idiotically placed under the 60x70" window) are never used either, or I'd have a $200 electric bill.

Do you live up north? That's the only time I've seen a place to live with only a "window unit" air conditioner; it should be built right into the HVAC system. That's the only way to get good dehumidification. I couldn't breathe in the summer, without that.

Andria

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Do you live up north? That's the only time I've seen a place to live with only a "window unit" air conditioner; it should be built right into the HVAC system. That's the only way to get good dehumidification. I couldn't breathe in the summer, without that.

Andria

Inland NW, yeah. Not very humid here.
Haven't lived in an actual house that much except when younger, so nope on the HVAC. Apt. is all I can afford.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Inland NW, yeah. Not very humid here.
Haven't lived in an actual house that much except when younger, so nope on the HVAC. Apt. is all I can afford.

Here even those have AC, because without AC in GA, you die. Certainly if I didn't have it, I'd spend a lot of time in the emergency room, unable to breathe!

Andria

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Some Milly and I chillin' on the couch pics.

It's a happy thing for me, as for months she would only run along or lay on the back of the couch, never on it. IDK why. But, now she'll jump on there and curl up with me on her own. :)

Was rubbing her belly, then got the paw lockdown. Not getting that arm back anytime soon. :D

Awww...

Sleeping all snuggled up in that pillow.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
How are all the purrrrrrrrrrrbabies today? Mine are just lazy, as usual, though I think Tommy chased another cat off our property, when I first let him out. He's the watchcat. :teehee:

Andria

VU Sponsors