Become a Patron!

We love cats

Rhianne

Diamond Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Yes, but it's a built-in wall unit original to the building...which was built in the 70s. Last remodeled in the 80s.

H1boyCW.jpg

Beastly 14,500 BTU of pre-ban Freon and fake wood trim adorned. ;)

It works well, but it eats money so I curtail its usage as much as I can...try living on $791/mo.
I have many fans though.

It is a smallish living room, but with a 20'+ high vaulted ceiling...a lotta air space to cool and the ceiling is the roof of the building. Which is dark grey.

5sU0yq4.jpg

Those big dual 7' baseboards (idiotically placed under the 60x70" window) are never used either, or I'd have a $200 electric bill.

Wow, we had an AC like that years ago when we first got married. It worked well, actually. But yes, it cooled one room and one room only. But I love the vintage wood thingy look of it.

Rhianne

Diamond Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
How are all the purrrrrrrrrrrbabies today? Mine are just lazy, as usual, though I think Tommy chased another cat off our property, when I first let him out. He's the watchcat. :teehee:

Andria

In the first apartment we had, we put a sign on the front door saying “Attack Cat On Premises”. Our next door neighbor stopped my hubs one day and asked if our cat was dangerous!!

Rhianne

Diamond Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
This is "Meathead". He is our attack cat. We have to put him up before we let anyone in the front door or he will growl and try to bite them. Somebody knocks at the door he runs growling to the door lol.
79beac9d31d06d67ae2ac6107bc281bd.jpg

Sent from my LGL722DL using Tapatalk

My hubs bought the attack cat sign because our cat Missy was sitting in an open window and growling at passers by and people coming into the building through the screen. (We had a first floor apt then.) It was very funny since she was under a year old then.

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Making the Milly food. :)

One pound of boneless pork loin and chicken breast, cut into approx. 1/4" dice. Included also is one packet of Alnutrin raw food supplement w/ Calcium for cats, some water, and 1oz of finely chopped beef liver.

I diced it up by hand today. I find it just simpler, kinda relaxing, with less cleanup and provides a better dice than the old hand-powered meat grinder. Tiki-kitteh liked the finer ground stuff, while Milly prefers it chunked up...but not to large for her smaller mouth.

Most got pressed flat into a freezer bag on a piece of cardboard to keep it flat while it freezes. Just enough for today was left to go in the fridge.

Yup, she's verrry spoiled. ? :)??

Last edited:

Anibird

Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Reddit Exile
@AndriaD we use Advantage 2 on our cats. It's a spot treatment you put on the back of their necks. It even works for big cats. I mean big! Neelix just went to the vet and weighed 16.9lbs. He's a Siamese and we expected him to be big but not huge lol!

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Milly and I took a cat-nap together. :)?

IMG_20200724_120830.jpg

A lucky pic, as I just happened to have my phone in the headboard when I felt her jump up behind me.
Flash was a bit too bright but hard to change settings without moving...and then had to shoot blindly behind myself. :D

Last edited:

Rhianne

Diamond Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Milly and I took a cat-nap together. :)

View attachment 165506

A lucky pic, as I just happened to have my phone in the headboard when I felt her jump up behind me.
Flash was a bit too bright but hard to change settings without moving...and then had to shoot blindly behind myself. :D

Well, Milly likes socks so you can try valerian for her! It’s got the sock smell galore. But it makes kitties happy! And it’s good with catnip, too.

robfisher

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Aaawwww! Choo is so adorable, Rob. Please give her a kiss for me. :inlove:

Hope everything is going well in S. Africa. Stay well!

Will do @Rhianne!

South Africa is not that cool with the corrupt government we have but not a lot we can do about it I'm afraid. Alcohol, cigarettes and vaping is banned under lockdown. The black market is flourishing and billions in tax is being lost! :-(

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Well, Milly likes socks so you can try valerian for her! It’s got the sock smell galore. But it makes kitties happy! And it’s good with catnip, too.

Well, I'm familiar with that herb, but probably would not use it on Milly. Catnip, she does well on though.

There are some cats that can get very aggressive on it and there is a possibility of addiction too. Never should use human pills or powders with it on cats.

FWIW: https://www.cathealth.com/behavior/...ot-what-is-it-and-how-can-it-be-used-for-cats

It's a powerful herb, even in human usage. ;)

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
@AndriaD we use Advantage 2 on our cats. It's a spot treatment you put on the back of their necks. It even works for big cats. I mean big! Neelix just went to the vet and weighed 16.9lbs. He's a Siamese and we expected him to be big but not huge lol!

The Bravecto that the vet recommended, plus the DeFlea we sprayed on all the rugs and furniture and the carpet in my bedroom, seems to have done the trick; I haven't seen any fleas in a couple weeks now. That DeFlea is a godsend if the fleas get established in the house, because it kills ALL FOUR LIFE STAGES of fleas -- eggs, larva, pupa, and adult. If you have dogs, you can even spray it on the animal, but not on cats, since they lick themselves.

We also put a flea collar on Tommy, because he goes outside. We've kept Tuxie out of the garage, since Tommy lives in there at night and on rainy days.

Andria

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
IMHO, Revolution is da shit for pest control.
Used it on Tiki when she came to me with a bigtime ear mite problem. Easy to use, and kills everything.

Rhianne

Diamond Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Well, I'm familiar with that herb, but probably would not use it on Milly. Catnip, she does well on though.

There are some cats that can get very aggressive on it and there is a possibility of addiction too. Never should use human pills or powders with it on cats.

FWIW: https://www.cathealth.com/behavior/...ot-what-is-it-and-how-can-it-be-used-for-cats

It's a powerful herb, even in human usage. ;)

Hmm, I only used it sparingly. It’s very stinky and they liked catnip more. I’ve used valerian in a relaxing herbal tea and the kitties were rubbing up to my teapot. But they liked my chamomile and red clover tea smell, as well.

I don’t think good valerian would harm Milly every now and then, though. I was basically making a joke. Ack.

gopher_byrd

Cranky Old Fart
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
The Bravecto that the vet recommended, plus the DeFlea we sprayed on all the rugs and furniture and the carpet in my bedroom, seems to have done the trick; I haven't seen any fleas in a couple weeks now. That DeFlea is a godsend if the fleas get established in the house, because it kills ALL FOUR LIFE STAGES of fleas -- eggs, larva, pupa, and adult. If you have dogs, you can even spray it on the animal, but not on cats, since they lick themselves.

We also put a flea collar on Tommy, because he goes outside. We've kept Tuxie out of the garage, since Tommy lives in there at night and on rainy days.

Andria
1595712001383.png

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Hmm, I only used it sparingly. It’s very stinky and they liked catnip more. I’ve used valerian in a relaxing herbal tea and the kitties were rubbing up to my teapot. But they liked my chamomile and red clover tea smell, as well.

I don’t think good valerian would harm Milly every now and then, though. I was basically making a joke. Ack.

No worries, I wasn't meaning to be critical or anything, I just like to put out info for people. :)

Rhianne

Diamond Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
No worries, I wasn't meaning to be critical or anything, I just like to put out info for people. :)

That article only gave a basic warning that they’d give for anything, as far as I can tell. But you’re right to be cautious.

My cats liked valerian every so often, maybe once a year, if.
But I used to make relaxing tea with it and other herbs for myself and the cats used to rub the teapot like crazy!

Last edited:

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Mily was being real still on the kitchen floor and getting petted, so figured a good time to grab the good camera for a pic. :)

She tried to eat the camera strap, but I managed this shot.
Doing the post-processing in RawTherapee is a PITA still though compared to Lightroom 5.

(Clicky + Zoom on Imgur)

Last edited:

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
This one is making me want to whoop some cat ass this morning. Lol. She's so wild. Keeps attacking the other cats that are over 10 years old. Spider climbing furniture. Lol. Who gave you catcaine this morning.
3bff383fa3c195ff54276a8c7546ca91.jpg

Sent from a pile of wood chips

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
This is today, she just was fed and I was petting her and being snuggly, so she was in a good mood. For a Torbie anyways...lol!

Nice kitteh....

This one, I went in for the close-up. Not wise.
Ya can see I managed to freeze most of the movement, tail going all twitchy, etc.
But, this is about 1sec before she whacked the fuck out of the camera with that right paw..hahaha!!
Eyes of murderous intent. ??

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Ah, my good not-so-little-anymore Milly.
She waits on the back of the couch for me to return from the store, then HAS to thoroughly inspect the goods. :D

IMG_20200813_180500.jpg

FWIW, she turns 2yo on Sept 18th. We've come a looong way this year. ?

Last edited:

VU Sponsors