Become a Patron!

We love cats

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Its all the cable companies equipment so I don't think she really cares what happens to it. Has a house keeper who's not doing her job. Oh well. At least the cats are happy ;)

Sounds like my gramms/parents...they don't even acknowledge that gear exists...:rolleyes:

Dust + cat hair = good likelihood of a meltdown and/or fire too.
You kill the ISP's or cableCo's rental gear, you just bought it. All the gear I have I own, so they can byte me.

Never had cable TV, but do have a small fan blowing against my network gear...keeps it clean and cool and the cat won't go near it. The cables...now that's another story..

Last edited:

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Testing a video upload here...?

it is a small filesize and of crappy nighttime quality, but a cute vid of Milly doing the craziest thing yet: actually crawling around fully under the blanket covering the couch. I was in the kitchen and just saw her like this, no clue HOW she got in there.

My CouchWurm...

When Tuxie gets under the covers of my husband's bed, if you start messing with the covers on top of her, she goes NUCLEAR! :giggle:

Andria

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Never walk away from folded sheets, as a cat will appear.... and you're not getting them back. ?

xWTXxrFl.jpg

Last edited:

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Well, don't mean to clog the thread, but ain't anyone posting...

This is how ya carry 14lbs of very slippery cat litter a few blocks home...

This is the reward...headbutt wubz.... ??

A few months ago, she'd have eaten my face if I tried a selfie like that. :D

Last edited:

joeyboy

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Bro, with 14 cats you're basically a shelter. Good on ya! ;)

Also, I haven't driven a car since 1999, so it's a bit different getting kitteh-things done.
We will be back down to our norm, 12, eventually. I just don't know when my son will get his two back. Believe me, I feel like a shelter.

On another note, we lowered Kandi's insulin from 9x2 to 7 and 9. His glucose was normal at his appointment so we will be going to 7x2. We also changed his food and amount and he is out with multiple cats now instead of being in isolation. He seems a lot better.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
We will be back down to our norm, 12, eventually. I just don't know when my son will get his two back. Believe me, I feel like a shelter.

On another note, we lowered Kandi's insulin from 9x2 to 7 and 9. His glucose was normal at his appointment so we will be going to 7x2. We also changed his food and amount and he is out with multiple cats now instead of being in isolation. He seems a lot better.

Hell, when we took in the 3rd one, Tommy, I said NO MORE CATS! 3 is my limit! And he doesn't come in, since he has the FIV and we have the other 2 cats and don't want them getting sick... they're all feisty enough that biting could be a real issue!

Andria

joeyboy

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Hell, when we took in the 3rd one, Tommy, I said NO MORE CATS! 3 is my limit! And he doesn't come in, since he has the FIV and we have the other 2 cats and don't want them getting sick... they're all feisty enough that biting could be a real issue!

Andria
FIV doesn't pass like that. Our Siamese Sam is FIV. Playing doesnt pass it, neither does eating or drinking from the same dishes. Leukemia is the one you need to isolate and is passed easily.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
FIV doesn't pass like that. Our Siamese Sam is FIV. Playing doesnt pass it, neither does eating or drinking from the same dishes. Leukemia is the one you need to isolate and is passed easily.

Biting could pass it, if the skin is broken, and as I said, they're all 3 pretty feisty, so we don't want to risk it.

Andria

joeyboy

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Biting could pass it, if the skin is broken, and as I said, they're all 3 pretty feisty, so we don't want to risk it.

Andria
Yes I know that, but you're talking about biting or fighting and not playing. I cant send a cat outside to who knows what and even more things that can happen bad.

The only time I have seen blood here, with all my 12 cats, was when my Mainecoon lost it and attacked three different cats over a few months two years back. That was not playing and very ferocious. It cost us a lot of money for the ones he attacked. Now, he is back with the others. I know the dangers of being outside are numerous. People are bad. I trust no people I don't know with cats.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Yes I know that, but you're talking about biting or fighting and not playing. I cant send a cat outside to who knows what and even more things that can happen bad.

The only time I have seen blood here, with all my 12 cats, was when my Mainecoon lost it and attacked three different cats over a few months two years back. That was not playing and very ferocious. It cost us a lot of money for the ones he attacked. Now, he is back with the others. I know the dangers of being outside are numerous. People are bad. I trust no people I don't know with cats.

It's not a matter of "sending" him outside, he was ALREADY outside, as a stray who took up with us and hung around because we feed him. On the rare occasions when it's pouring rain and we have to pick him up to bring him thru the house to take him to the garage, he fights like a mad thing, just can't stand it. He tolerates the garage though, at night and when the weather is bad. Probably because of the big door that he knows will roll up, the next day. :)

Andria

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Weird thing..I accidentally clicked on the wrong folder in my camera's SD card today and got transported to Oct 2014. Man...some of those pics....including my first winter in this Apt with my old cat Tiki.

P1020534.jpg

Kinda made me sad, seeing her again. I'm even wearing those same jeans now that she's sleeping on.

But, then I stand up from the couch and what do I see but Milly curled up sleeping on the exact same spot on the laz-z-boy as Tiki used to do. (over-lit flash pic on Auto)

IMG_0846.JPG

The universe has a strange sense of continuity, eh?
Had to hugggg Milly lotsz, she purred. I'm a lucky human. :)

Last edited:

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Watching a game on the couch with a snuggly/sleepy Milly.
She makes a nice furry armrest, just watch out for the feets... :D?

XOQdBJyl.jpg

She really is turning out to be a great cat. :)

Last edited:

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Did a little grocery shopping..with Milly in attentive mode waiting for HER goodies.
(I'd bought some meat and she can always smell it..hehe..

po8tKVkl.jpg

The cat is IN the bag...as usual.
She likes the paper ones a lot and took a nap in there. ?

cSuycibl.jpg

That first pic reminds me of Tuxie, when I'm cooking salmon. She takes up her station in the dining area, just out of the way of my clumsy feet (she learned the hard way about staying out of the kitchen when I'm cooking!), keeping a close eye (and nose) on the salmon situation... I guess to make sure I'm doing it right. :teehee: Neither my husband nor myself enjoys that brown/gray strip down the back, so we always cut that out and mince it up for her. She's a HUGE salmon fan. :D

Andria

Bigrick

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I have 3 beautiful girls. Jack (yes a girl), cat fish, and Diva. We love our girls and like to give them treats. They are not spoiled. We just treat them well. We have offered items that we eat, fish, can tuna, sardines, shrimp, even crab. Believe it or not all 3 refuse to eat these delectable foods. They like cat food. Mostly dry and a can as a treat. They also like chicken Temptations (a packaged cat treat). Diva does like cheese as long as it is not orange and Jack loves Petridge Farms parmesan gold fish. Other than that no human food for them. To me this is odd. Really a cat that will eat can food but not smelly sardines in olive oil?
20200407_144603.jpg
Hard to tell where one ends and another begins. Tortie-Jack-Just Jack, Tuxie-cat fish or Fish, Black-Diva or Deeters. So these are our babies. They give MUCH MORE than they ask for. Agape love is the best way to explain it. But a cat owner already knows this. Peace and love to all.
Rick

Last edited by a moderator:

Bigrick

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
@Wtmke would you be kind to remove attachments on my post. Idk how it accured.

VapinMoody

Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee

Good for you for taking care of a cat with diabetes.
I had one that was 12 years old that was diagnosed and I took care of her (Daffy) for 3-years. She degraded and I had to put her down...she only bit me a couple times when I gave her shots...she was like a dog waiting on the back of the couch when I came home to get her loving....miss her soo much.

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Nice eyes there! Speaking of eyes....

Milly looking at herself in the cell's front-facing camera. It's a shitty 'selfie-camera' in dark situations, but still useful. :D

Now, there is a WTF?! selfie for ya'll...just imagine what is going in that furry head of hers..hehee.

IMG_20200927_150504.jpg

First time she saw herself like that, she went after the phone...lol!
After that, she was more curious than violent, phew...

Last edited:

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Played some cat videos for Milly, a partial mistake...she'd been pretty asocial when in the Humane Society room, even beat up on her own kittens. But now she has grown up....she about went through the screen. I wonder if she needs a companion?

Yes, she went right up on the keyboard to get to them...the birds and rodents fixated her and she was in prey mode, but the videos of other cats...she went right to and was verrry animated and vocal about, even after I turned them off.

We're doing pretty good now, but I do think she's a bit lonely for other cats. Poor baby... :(
Once calmed, she was very snuggly.....I know I'm *her* cat...but, despite all the years I've spent learning cats, I can never be the socialization partner she really needs. I'm a human.

IMG_20201005_233922.jpg

IMG_20201005_233831.jpg

The look in her eyes when she saw those cats and kittens playing....and her sounds...she wanted to be there.
Back in Nov 2019 in the HS, she thwacked her own kittens off of her like flies and ran, and avoided most contact with other cats...but she's grown up now.

Last edited:

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
This is one comfortable kitteh. ? ?

IMG_20201008_144403.jpg

Ya, she is terribly spoiled..lol

Trippy too, that dresser is 3' wide. And she can stretch out all over that thang now.
She's starting to be as big of a cat as Tiki was now, just a younger and leaner version.

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Then and now, kinda brings a tear to my eye...years apart, but so much sameness.

Tiki on my gramma's 70's era big 'ol cushion...

IMG_5407.jpg

Milly now, sleeping away...

IMG_20201012_174820.jpg

They never met, but they sure do share a lot of characteristics.
And, for me, it's a heart-warming bit of continuity. :)

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Meet Oscar the kitty. A rescue cat from my wifes job. He's really sweet. Got in flea bath and neutered and now he's laying on my bed
cdc7e00d74de3dad913186fbd405ab5b.jpg
065f1e97dffd6aed60cbb23a3e08329e.jpg

Sent from a pile of wood chips

At least in my experience, orange/red male tabbies are the BEST cats. I've had one orange and one buff-colored, and they were both so damn sweet I just loved them to pieces. Welcome to Oscar! Hope he'll be a good addition to your menagerie! lol

I have no pics, but want to report an hour-long conversation with my Mo this morning. The front door is open, which isn't usually the case, and my chair where I work is just inside the front door. I made the mistake of saying, "What's the matter, Mo?"

Well he has told me everything that's going on outside, has fussed at me that I haven't been out to pet him like I'm supposed to lately, has reported on all the aggravation he gets from Mitzi, who has the unmitigated GALL to want to eat food, too. There are two food bowls under a shelter on the deck, and of course both of them belong to Mo, so this girl who just has terrible manners keeps eating the food out of "his" other bowl.

I think I've probably had a weather report, and been informed that Daddy left in his truck a while ago, and there was a rabbit in the yard yesterday, and a great big bobcat the other day left prints in the mud alongside the driveway. Do we not care that Mo could have been eaten? No, I guess not, since we never came out to rescue him. Lord, the shit he puts up with from his humans. I have heard it all.

Mo's a Maine C.o.o.n, in case I haven't said, and he's is one talkative cat when he knows somebody's around to listen. I've had about a month's worth of news in the last hour.

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
At least in my experience, orange/red male tabbies are the BEST cats. I've had one orange and one buff-colored, and they were both so damn sweet I just loved them to pieces. Welcome to Oscar! Hope he'll be a good addition to your menagerie! lol

I have no pics, but want to report an hour-long conversation with my Mo this morning. The front door is open, which isn't usually the case, and my chair where I work is just inside the front door. I made the mistake of saying, "What's the matter, Mo?"

Well he has told me everything that's going on outside, has fussed at me that I haven't been out to pet him like I'm supposed to lately, has reported on all the aggravation he gets from Mitzi, who has the unmitigated GALL to want to eat food, too. There are two food bowls under a shelter on the deck, and of course both of them belong to Mo, so this girl who just has terrible manners keeps eating the food out of "his" other bowl.

I think I've probably had a weather report, and been informed that Daddy left in his truck a while ago, and there was a rabbit in the yard yesterday, and a great big bobcat the other day left prints in the mud alongside the driveway. Do we not care that Mo could have been eaten? No, I guess not, since we never came out to rescue him. Lord, the shit he puts up with from his humans. I have heard it all.

Mo's a Maine C.o.o.n, in case I haven't said, and he's is one talkative cat when he knows somebody's around to listen. I've had about a month's worth of news in the last hour.
Oscar is really talkative too. Harley doesn't like home yet but he gets along with the other two so far. Leary if the dogs for sure though. They all are first though. Now Harley chases the dogs. Lol

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Changing over to life in the bedroom for the winter-time, Milly started off being in here when I got her last winter, but has gotten used to being anywhere she wants. So, it's a process. ;)

Her on the back of the couch watching baseball the other day...

IMG_0893.JPG

And, her now in the bedroom doing the same.
(yeah, I gotta re-do my white balance for this room)

IMG_0901.JPG

I moved the comforter in here too as it's gonna be like 15F at night soon. Bedroom is like 70F, but still...it's a good thing.

She's being stubborn; she wants her food to be out in the kitchen still. But, that has no heat and I don't want her to be out there much if it can be helped.

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Changing over to life in the bedroom for the winter-time, Milly started off being in here when I got her last winter, but has gotten used to being anywhere she wants. So, it's a process. ;)

Her on the back of the couch watching baseball the other day...

View attachment 171670

And, her now in the bedroom doing the same.
(yeah, I gotta re-do my white balance for this room)

View attachment 171669

I moved the comforter in here too as it's gonna be like 15F at night soon. Bedroom is like 70F, but still...it's a good thing.

She's being stubborn; she wants her food to be out in the kitchen still. But, that has no heat and I don't want her to be out there much if it can be helped.
Damn where do you live? 15f suckssssss. We get there sometimes in NC but usually 20s are as low as it goes

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Ol Mr big eyes. Lol. His pupils are always this large. Oscar the cat. Such a sweet guy. And when we got him home he was just so comfortable. No hiding. Just some rascly doggie sniffs from the boys and some minor fighting and cat calling to Harley. And she loves him now.
I'm so glad we got Oscar for my little honey kitty. She was antagonizing the two older cats but now she has someone to beat on her just as much. Lol
f998bb50b05ab4522c699747b41e241b.jpg

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Ol Mr big eyes. Lol. His pupils are always this large. Oscar the cat. Such a sweet guy. And when we got him home he was just so comfortable. No hiding. Just some rascly doggie sniffs from the boys and some minor fighting and cat calling to Harley. And she loves him now.
I'm so glad we got Oscar for my little honey kitty. She was antagonizing the two older cats but now she has someone to beat on her just as much. Lol
f998bb50b05ab4522c699747b41e241b.jpg

Do his eyes constrict under bright light?

Has he been checked for hyperthyroidism? It's very common, but treatable.
Try the 'ol flashlight test..if the pupils don't go to slits right away, ya got problems.

Tiki got those 'big eyes' too from the high blood pressure forcing her eyes to be like that....she ended up nearly blind and had cataracts... :(

VU Sponsors