Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
tumblr_oh4k0rZa7U1rcw6xko1_500.jpg

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I *love* Caveman! Never did find the Beatles too interesting, though. Kinda blah.
I have always been slow on the uptake with music favorites (She loves you blah blah blah...) and it was nearly 1980 when I started liking the Beatles early 1960s music. I cannot stand any of the current crap on the radio, so I tune in the oldies station and listen to Led Zep, BTO, Eagles, Pink Fred, etc. :teehee:

serveimage99.jpeg

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I have always been slow on the uptake with music favorites (She loves you blah blah blah...) and it was nearly 1980 when I started liking the Beatles early 1960s music. I cannot stand any of the current crap on the radio, so I tune in the oldies station and listen to Led Zep, BTO, Eagles, Pink Fred, etc. :teehee:

The inclusion of that rap and hiphop shit into a lot of modern rock is what sent me to developing an appreciation of country music. I still can't stand the "classic" country, from the 60s/70s/80s, but the newer stuff, which sounds a lot like the "southern rock" of the 70s, I do like quite a bit of. But I find that my preference is still for classic rock, including the Beatles who IMO were the greatest geniuses of rock n roll EVER, and I also like a good bit of rock from the 90s, the grunge stuff -- STP, Nirvana, though I'm kinda *meh* about pearl jam... and even a bit of the early 2000s rock; Shinedown is pretty good, Creed, and I even like a few from Avenged 7fold, Seether, Bush, etc.

But AFAIC, rap/hiphop is NOT music, not by any stretch of the imagination. It is tribal chanting with extremely negative "lyrics," and I won't listen to it for even 5 seconds if I can avoid it by any means. It's nothing but NOISE.

Andria

Khassy

Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
The inclusion of that rap and hiphop shit into a lot of modern rock is what sent me to developing an appreciation of country music. I still can't stand the "classic" country, from the 60s/70s/80s, but the newer stuff, which sounds a lot like the "southern rock" of the 70s, I do like quite a bit of.

I'm just the opposite. I love the older country (I was country when it wasn't cool) but hate the new fusion country shit. There's far too much pop and crap in it. I like pop in pop and country in country but nowadays, I can't tell what channel I have it on. Irritates me. So I usually just listen to older hard rock. :D

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I'm just the opposite. I love the older country (I was country when it wasn't cool) but hate the new fusion country shit. There's far too much pop and crap in it. I like pop in pop and country in country but nowadays, I can't tell what channel I have it on. Irritates me. So I usually just listen to older hard rock. :D

I didn't like the country in the 70s/80s that had all that sickly orchestral strings in it, that shit was horrible. But the old classics... Willie Nelson, Merle Haggard, and yeah, Hank Williams (and even Jr!), even Randy Travis, I like that! Never a big fan of Waylon, or George Strait, though my husband loves both, and I'll listen to either before another of his faves, Travis Tritt; that man's voice is so thin it could cut glass.

Andria

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
AFAIC, rap/hiphop is NOT music, not by any stretch of the imagination. It is tribal chanting with extremely negative "lyrics," and I won't listen to it for even 5 seconds if I can avoid it by any means. It's nothing but NOISE.
In full agreement with that statement. Seems to me that a great deal of it (I have not heard it all, so this is a statement limited to what I have had to hear even when I didn't want to) is filled with suggestions that violence is the answer to all problems. I have never understood the need or liking of violence (even watching boxing events counts here) because, other than to show you can hurt others, it solves nothing.
I love the older country (I was country when it wasn't cool) but hate the new fusion country shit.
Agree with that one too. I still like Hank Williams Sr. and most of the stuff from his time period.

serveimage103.jpeg

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
In full agreement with that statement. Seems to me that a great deal of it (I have not heard it all, so this is a statement limited to what I have had to hear even when I didn't want to) is filled with suggestions that violence is the answer to all problems. I have never understood the need or liking of violence (even watching boxing events counts here) because, other than to show you can hurt others, it solves nothing.

Totally, 100% agree. There's a time and place and useful purpose for anger at times, but never violence. In defense of one's own life, or the lives of one's loved ones, is the ONLY time it's acceptable, and then it's NO HOLDS BARRED. I would never want to hurt anyone... but if I had a gun in my hand and some villain was approaching me, I'd shoot him DEAD. Send him on to his next life, let him deal with his karma. :D

Andria

VU Sponsors