https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Been missing home a lot lately with the holidays approaching and the weather changing
- reached into my ancestors cookbook and did a roast beef poboy. The roast was seared and then cooked slow and low for about ten hours. It was like meat candy smothered in a delicious gravy on a loaf of crispy and soft french bread
F372944C-BFEF-4C7E-8410-B82D3AEE776E.jpeg
FA874033-EA54-4B19-AA42-F800B0205C7B.jpeg

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Re-made a DiGornios pizza into my version. Stripepd all the toppings off, cut the huge peices up and redistrubuted as I saw fit after seasoning the bed with Italian herbs and a shot of smoked habanero powder.

Added back the topping, more sensibly this time, and added mushrooms, Hatch chile, and onion. Gave it all a shake of garlic salt (the one with actual garlic oil in it).

n3JINLz.jpg

Then, made a fucking FILTHY vodka Martini using my vintage 1960s Gemco food chopper to mash the olives with their juice and 100-proof voda. Pretty nifty as it's no longer sharp, but it really smashes nicely.

Bonus: I get nicely chopped olives for sandwiches or w/e and basically no clean up.

Fuck Vermouth, I used a splash of sparkling water and a couple drops of Agave nectar for the needed sweetness and mouth feel. Strained with my damn fingers..hahaha...

u13EhwN.jpg

PO44A44.jpg

Don't like it? Don't care.

Being a guy I wouldn’t like to repeat the dish if I’m getting control over kitchen. I always like to cook something aromatic rich flavoured stuff with basic ingrdient as chicken, I like to make my own recipes by using the algorithms of probability which can excite my taste buds upto some extent so recently I made a dish called ‘lemonila chicken’ which had turned out to be the coolest thing I have ever made.

If you are noob to cooking you should always start with non-veg dishes rather than making maggi and vegetables. Let me tell you that making maggi doesnt comes under cooking its just an illusion used by the people to pretend like that they know cooking.

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Country style covered in caramelized onion and bbq sauce
Spicy boiled corn
Stuffed jalapeño
Garlic bread
Kids homework
2B819124-8A01-4E66-B4CF-A95F1EE4FDD7.jpeg2B819124-8A01-4E66-B4CF-A95F1EE4FDD7.jpeg

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
how do you do your Stuffed jalapeño?
also want to learn how to make Poppers. yum yum :)

not sure how they are supposed to be done but this is what I do.

This kind of an easy popper thing

For 6 peppers:
Cut peppers in half and remove seed pod
-I leave the membrane for my wife and I and remove it for the kids
bake 4 strips of thick cut bacon and chop into bits
Mix together some of the bacon grease, the bacon bits, 4 oz of cream cheese, 1 tap cumin, 1/2 tsp chili powder, 1/2 tsp cortianderand 4 oz of shredded cheddar
Stuff the peppers and then top with panko
bake at 425 until the pepper is soft

For poppers I do the same thing only instead of baking I freeze them for an hour then dredge in four then. egg wash then panko and deep fry at 350 for a few

DaBunny

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
not sure how they are supposed to be done but this is what I do.

This kind of an easy popper thing

For 6 peppers:
Cut peppers in half and remove seed pod
-I leave the membrane for my wife and I and remove it for the kids
bake 4 strips of thick cut bacon and chop into bits
Mix together some of the bacon grease, the bacon bits, 4 oz of cream cheese, 1 tap cumin, 1/2 tsp chili powder, 1/2 tsp cortianderand 4 oz of shredded cheddar
Stuff the peppers and then top with panko
bake at 425 until the pepper is soft

For poppers I do the same thing only instead of baking I freeze them for an hour then dredge in four then. egg wash then panko and deep fry at 350 for a few

sure see where i went wrong..
am KEEPING this recipe..
THANKS ever so.

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
sure see where i went wrong..
am KEEPING this recipe..
THANKS ever so.

anytime.

I’ve tried doing it without freezing them- that was dumb; and, created a huge mess.

Tonight was one of those moments where I made dinner, the wife comes home and saw it. We ordered out. My experiment was an abysmal failure. Tried taking my chili recipe and making it healthier. For the record, store bought ground chicken does not work well under braising. Will have to wait her use cubed or pull out the meat grinder and make my own blend.

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
When I'd hit the store the other day, I'd impulse-bought a 15oz ball of pizza dough. For $2, seemed a good idea.

Go to pull it out of the fridge a bit ago and jeebus...it's definitely alive...LOL...It doubled overnight and then some. Was a PITA to get it out of the drawer.

Yeah, I think they skimped on the labels...clearly that is for some sort of dip..haha.

Popped the big 'ol gasball, cut it in half and rolled it around in some Masa flour, did some stretching and twisting, then shaped gently back into a ball. I got an hour before the games, so we're good. That's a 12" dinner plate I like to use so I know how big to let it get. :)

P.S.: It'd risen again to nearly 6" across by NOW...in a 69F room and it's 4:20pm...egads. That is some yeast they used.

Slicked it up now with some EVOO and just letting it sit and consider itself awhile more. No hurry.
The convection oven heats very fast and I got a hot toddy (black tea, pumpkin spice creamer, BV 8yo whiskey) to sip before I make the thing. ;)

Last edited:

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Pizza is made: Bruschetta sauce, turkey pepperoni, brekky sausage, onion, black olives, Indian chile flakes, and Mexican "Manchega" cheese. I had lightly masa-floured a piece of parchment paper and rolled the pizza out to shape, put in a 6x9" pan then added the toppings. Ez Peazy.

IMG_20201030_170159.jpg

It's already rising like crazy and should easily fill the pan...mmm, personal pan pizza rules. :D

Last edited:

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I'm pretty damn content right now. :pizza:??
Next time, I'll take the time to hand stretch it instead of rolling it out, but meh, it ain't bad.

IMG_20201030_175053.jpg

IMG_20201030_180532.jpg

Color/contrast in the photo is a wee bit off (phone pic) , but it's alllllll good.

Last edited:

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
bought a bunch of small sirloins with the intent of making carne asada. Had a change of plans due to a sudden craving.

Steak and eggs over spicy country hash browns

85034350-B2D5-45C4-AF4A-5C9BB2925B22.jpeg

Attachments

• BBC6F03C-3AEF-421F-A526-CF7D24BBC2C7.jpeg
    BBC6F03C-3AEF-421F-A526-CF7D24BBC2C7.jpeg
    3.1 MB · Views: 2

DaBunny

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
bought a bunch of small sirloins with the intent of making carne asada. Had a change of plans due to a sudden craving.

View attachment 172307

View attachment 172308
wow you DID get a BUNCH sirloins hu??
so much so it spilled over into a double post lol lol lol

LOOKS delish!

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
wow you DID get a BUNCH sirloins hu??
so much so it spilled over into a double post lol lol lol

LOOKS delish!
Thank you for letting me know of the double posts.
oops

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Made Filet Mignon on a Real Charcoal Fire last night but forgot to take a picture~! Can't help it they smelled so damn good~! Making a Chicken Soup from a whole bird for dinner so just starting the stock.

1604246140798.png

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Time to eat Healthy for lunch just had a Salad with Romaine, Plum Tomato, Kirby Cuke and Celery. A little Parmesan Cheese instead of Salt and Extra Virgin Olive Oil and Red Wine Vinegar for dressing.

1604249980705.png

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Stage 3 remove the bones and cartilage and add the veggies to continue slow cooking for a few more hours~!

1604256387081.png

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Because of the Pandemic I basically Shop for Food and Cook. If you look at the positive side of it, I surprise myself with how freaking Awesome my meals are coming out. Tonight was amazing and my Chicken soup the other day was the best I ever made. So isolation and shortages of certain things I work around, At least the Liquor Store keeps my stuff in stock~!

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Made some beef/bean/cheese Quesadillas for a snack, cut into snack-size and served with Jalapeno sour cream. Mmmm.

IMG_20201103_185444.jpg

Yes, that is the trippy/yummers cheese in there. I finally got it dried out a bit...just enough where I can slice it. =)

Last edited:

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
SF Waterfront Sourdough Pepperoni & Black Olive "Pizza". :D

That loaf is like 8" wide...sooo yum. Used turkey pepperoni too, so practically no fat.

IMG_20201104_145158.jpg

Took longer to deal with the photo and post this than to make it..lol...

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Sausage Patties on French Bread with Red Cabbage Vinegar Slaw on the side.

1604618276189.png

1604618306187.png

A little dark outside~!

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Going to have a meal tonight of Baked Clams and Crab cakes for the appetizer with Mussels Marinara for the main course. No making any pasta with this feast~! Pic to follow later after I cook it. The Clams and Crab cakes are made by Willy's Fish Market in Westbury.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
The main course was the Mussels Marinara with Fresh French Bread for dipping.

1604706479231.png

OMFG I am stuffed after this Seafood Feast. See Food and Eat It~!

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Tonight is a Rack of Baby Back Ribs with BBQ Roasted Potatoes and Sauted Brocli-Rabe with Gralic and Olive Oil.

Pics soon~!

Last edited:

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
With a high temp of only 36F and currently 24F outside it is only around 60F in the non-heated living room and kitchen. So I had the idea to use the heat generated by my 1994 vintage Yamaha A\V amp to raise some pizza dough....it worked. :)

This is that same dough I'd bought from Rosauers then saved this half and kinda forgot about it in the fridge...the poor dough was unhappy. But, I saved it.

IbnBctkl.jpg

fhRAFPql.jpg

Punched it down and worked it some this morning, fed it some more Masa flour, and re-formed it with a bit of EVOO to coat. It's doing just fine on a nice slow rise again...I won't need it until MNF later tonight.

GfZfzKPl.jpg

It is currently sitting on top of my old 2009 32" HDTV in the bedroom. That thing generates a lot of heat.
And, this keeps it out of the way of Milly. :D

(Yes, I could use the hot water in the micro trick, or warm it with the oven, but that eats too much electricity. This is less wasteful, more fun, and uses existing heat sources.)

Last edited:

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Tonight is a Meatloaf with Au Jus Gravy Onions and Mushrooms. Mashed Instant Potatoes and Frozen Peas. Not taking pics of the taters and peas~!

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Tonight's dinner is a simple Pepper Steak with Onions and Mushrooms and Au Jus Gravy over white rice. They had some really nice Black Angus Beef for it at the Market.

1605133943785.png

Last edited:

VU Sponsors