Become a Patron!

What are you cooking?

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Follow up...

Today's lunch for football-watching is my tasty roast beast stew. Served up with some sliced organic French Baguette.

v6LpGQG.jpg

I mixed in half a tin of barley-vegetable soup I had leftover as well, because leftovers rule. :)

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Need wakie-wakie fuel for the Seahawks battle with the Giants...

This'll do.

P1040699.JPG

A "Redeye" is fun, but...
Beer + Naga Mama tomato-based Bhut Jolokia/Naga Morich sauce + V8 juice = Fire Beer!

LAVapesQC

Bronze Contributor
ECF Refugee
I always forget to take a photo of what I eat. Not that it would be impressive by any means.

Evening Redneck Dinner

Open faced venison sandwich (with all the juices and grilled onions from the leftover venison roast I cooked the other day).
Greek Yogurt with satsuma slices and hemp, flax, and chia seeds
Unsweetened Almond Milk

My family thinks I am insane for putting satsumas in my yogurt. I think it r0x!!!

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
S/E/C with Hatch chile on English Muffin Brekky with a fave hotsauce.

(ya, this pic came out fuzzy...nobody cares anyway)

dexRq7Hl.jpg

Better pic:

7aAHMNKl.jpg

Last edited:

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Made the Chicken Drumsticks on the Gas Grill, which my Dad loved after the Wake today. Mom and I need to eat, but she asked who is going to eat 12 Chicken legs??? I said I wasn't thinking when I took them out but we have some quicky snacks in the Microwave or a nice lunch~!

1607993282361.png

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
A Vodka Gimlet...it's about as simple and perfect as it gets, IMHO.

IMG_20201217_165132.jpg

Added a tiny turn of Himalayan Pink salt for balance, and used Agave syrup in place of the usual Simple Syrup. Used the smaller but rich Mexican lime also, they beat the flavorless FL/Cali limes in zee azz.

In case anyone wonders why I would have sparkling water in there, it's simple: that is a 4-column-still and triple filtered 100 proof vodka from Hood River, OR. It needs a bit of taming. ;)

Stirred, not shaken. No froufrou here. ;)

Last edited:

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Those malevolent MX habaneros I'd bought for less than a dollar, I washed/chopped them and stuck 'em in a nice brine. That is all.

IMG_20201217_134848.jpg

IMG_20201222_191043.jpg

Pure pain in a bottle, and I love it. :D
I can use the brine too for making dips, as a flavoring, or in place of wine to deglaze stuff for the fuck of it.

Last edited:

Smigo

Gold Contributor
Member For 2 Years
:)My version of pizza,
View attachment 175029

I can't have the regular crust or the cheese on my diet so improvised and used a portobella mushroom for a crust
Hi Jimi. I love Portobello mushrooms. Have been a bit hard to get here for a few months. Tastiest mushrooms to me.
Made a pizza myself tonight. Admit the base was from our Aldi, but they are so nice and cheap I cant think of a negative for them. Anyway, put Hot Calabrese Salami, local shop mushrooms, kalamati olives, bacon and pizza mix cheese on it. Lovely, watching Call Of The Wild with Harrison Ford as the sun sets here. Kinda cheesy movie in ways, goes with the Pizza.... :giggle:
Good movie, no profanities and a nice easy watch. Just like I like ?
Hey. Good to hear/see you are ok. :)
Oops...nearly forgot the Pizza...
Did a @SteveS45 and ate it immediately after it was cooked! :giggle:
So no after photo! :)
20201223_185412(1).jpg

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Hi Jimi. I love Portobello mushrooms. Have been a bit hard to get here for a few months. Tastiest mushrooms to me.
Made a pizza myself tonight. Admit the base was from our Aldi, but they are so nice and cheap I cant think of a negative for them. Anyway, put Hot Calabrese Salami, local shop mushrooms, kalamati olives, bacon and pizza mix cheese on it. Lovely, watching Call Of The Wild with Harrison Ford as the sun sets here. Kinda cheesy movie in ways, goes with the Pizza.... :giggle:
Good movie, no profanities and a nice easy watch. Just like I like ?
Hey. Good to hear/see you are ok. :)
Oops...nearly forgot the Pizza...
Did a @SteveS45 and ate it immediately after it was cooked! :giggle:
So no after photo! :)
View attachment 175126
It looks good buddy

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Made a couple personal-size pizzas for football today....

Took one of the big slabs of pre-made Trader Joe's pizza crusts, cut it in half so it'd fit in my toaster/convection oven, sprayed with oil on the edges and bottom to keep it from getting dry, then went for the toppings. :)

Cheeseburger Pizza

Sauce is sriracha (ketchup is boring) and yellow mustard with a sprinkle of onion powder
Topped with cheddar cheese slices, meatless fully-cooked "ground beef" sliced up while frozen, chopped white onion, and sprinkled with smoked chilli powder for flavor and a bit of dry dill in leiu of pickles.

Pepperoni Pizza

Sauce is one part Bomba sauce, one part Pesto, and a pinch of crushed Mexican Oregano.
Topped with shredded Oaxaca cheese, Pepperoni, chopped white onion and Hatch pepper.

Both pizzas got a sprinkle of "Salt of The Gods" because it's frickin' good on everything.

Ready to go...
wNdMSe8l.jpg

Cooked 'em on parchment paper so the crust didn't get too dried out, and all done now.
C524fdjl.jpg

Closeups of the goodness. :D
nMiiJHKl.jpg

a4wg3W2l.jpg

Last edited:

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Christmas Eve was Fried Filet of Sole and Penne with Brocoli-Rabe and Christmas was a Smoked ham but forgot to take a picture so use your imagination I guess~!

1609016270219.png

Burnie

VU Donator
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Step son gave us some venison he got from a friend, cubed back strap, fried it lightly flowered in some bacon grease, and had some smashed potatoes with gravy for lunch, was delish. No pictures, no time, as I had to process 2 cases of tomatoes for canning after we ate. :)

Smigo

Gold Contributor
Member For 2 Years
We have a mulberry bush in our back yard. They have just started to ripen. Birds are going nuts on them but it gets that many growing on it that we dont care.
Misses made a mulberry cake using some of her concentrates. Her own recipe.
Absolutely delicious.
20201227_162649(2).jpg
20201227_165719(1).jpg
20201227_182624(1).jpg
The flavour combos she puts together at times are surprisingly good. This ones a ? ?

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Just something that amused me today. ?

I'd re-arranged some bags of foodstuffs and couldn't find my last few potatoes. Well, I found them today.

jgEkvyu.jpg

It's like 55F in the room where they are and there wasn't much of any light either. I'd previously cut off some eyes that had sprouted...but damn if those aren't the most pernicious potatoes...they're still trying.

Wish I could plant those suckers, they want to liiiive. :D

Alas for them, they are still perfectly edible and will be peeled and made into brekky hash as soon as it warms up enough in the kitchen to cook stuff. ;)

Last edited:

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Tator Tots from India? Apparently, yes.
Very low sodium on these too. And they have turmeric already in 'em. :)

Dollar Tree carries these, 14oz for a buck...huge tots.

Figured I'd carry on the theme and nuked 'em with some hot yellow curry powder, garlic pepper, and red habanero powder. Beauty...my countertop convection oven cooked them up quite nicely.

IMG_20201229_145313.jpg

Oh, and some cheese, because who doesn't like cheezy tots for football snax? :D

Last edited:

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Cooked a couple of 2 Plus Pound Lobsters for New Years Ever dinner. Sorry I didn't get the Baked Potatoes and Corn on the cob but was too busy~!

1609458807718.png

Last edited:

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Ta hell with cooking, I'm watching football.

Dollar store BBQ Rib sandwich, hax. These are actually good, better than the McD's shit....but I have to mess wit 'em.

Added onion, pickle, black (charred) habanero sauce, cheese, and seasoning.

P1040739.JPGP1040737.JPG

Took about 2mins and back to football. ;)

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Watching Football here also but having my White Bean With Soup leftovers.

1609711074226.png

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Watching Football here also but having my White Bean With Soup leftovers.

View attachment 175807

I ate something similar for breakfast with garlic-buttered sourdough. Yummers. :)

Now for Ice Beer....a cystal freezer mug, filled with ice, which was also frozen. Then Tecate w/ Citrus.
Ya can't get much colder. :cheers:

IMG_20210103_135231.jpg

I know, Italians don't drink beer, eh?

Wrong...I have a vintage Italian-made Fidenza 500ml glass from the 80s...

IMG_20210102_153832.jpg

Last edited:

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I ate something similar for breakfast with garlic-buttered sourdough. Yummers. :)

Now for Ice Beer....a cystal freezer mug, filled with ice, which was also frozen. Then Tecate w/ Citrus.
Ya can't get much colder. :cheers:

View attachment 175808

I know, Italians don't drink beer, eh?

Wrong...I have a vintage Italian-made Fidenza 500ml glass from the 80s...

View attachment 175809

I drink Beer but I have different tastes these days. These are waiting to be chilled and because of you I need to put Guinness on my shopping list~!

1609712986481.png

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I drink Beer but I have different tastes these days. These are waiting to be chilled and because of you I need to put Guinness on my shopping list~!

View attachment 175811
Dood, Heiny wasn't good even back in the 80s. It's eurotrash beer for college kids and tourists. Now Inbev p0wned.

Do a Boston Lager or something, c'mon. :p

I do love me some draft Guinness. But, American Guinness isn't the same as the real stuff.

I also like Murphy's, and Sheaf Stout from AU. But the best of all IMO is this:

Or, Trappist beer from Belgium, ifn' wanna get serious. ;)

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
There used to be an Irish Bar in town that served Imported Guinness on Tap. Miss my old Irish Drinking buddies~!

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
That looks interesting~! Do you cook the Hotdogs first or boil them in the Macaroni?

If they are uncooked, I'd usually just cook them with the macaroni. Saves time and gives the mac a ncie flavor.

n this case I'd, had these sitting in a brine of sorts in the fridge after cooking them. So, I just cut them, the onion and chiles up and put them in the cheese sauce. :)

LAVapesQC

Bronze Contributor
ECF Refugee
My dinner tonight. Redneck Green Smoothie.

Nutty Chocolate Green Banana Smoothie Recipe

1 Green Banana (peeled)
3 1/2 Cups Raw Kale (or whatever greens you like)
1 cup (packed) cooked Arugula or Collard Greens
12-16 Green Grapes
1 cup yogurt (your choice, I use non-fat Greek because it is still trending)
1/2 cups seeds (flax, chia, sesame, hemp)
12 frozen cranberries
2 Tablespoons of Frozen Fruit
2 Tablespoons of Raw Nut Butter (Peanut, Almond, Cashew, etc)
2 Tablespoons of Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
I cup of Unsweetened Almond Milk
1/2 cup water
1 Blender (Required)

I mix in that exact order, and voila - weirdness at it's best.

Smigo

Gold Contributor
Member For 2 Years
My dinner tonight. Redneck Green Smoothie.

Nutty Chocolate Green Banana Smoothie Recipe

1 Green Banana (peeled)
3 1/2 Cups Raw Kale (or whatever greens you like)
1 cup (packed) cooked Arugula or Collard Greens
12-16 Green Grapes
1 cup yogurt (your choice, I use non-fat Greek because it is still trending)
1/2 cups seeds (flax, chia, sesame, hemp)
12 frozen cranberries
2 Tablespoons of Frozen Fruit
2 Tablespoons of Raw Nut Butter (Peanut, Almond, Cashew, etc)
2 Tablespoons of Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
I cup of Unsweetened Almond Milk
1/2 cup water
1 Blender (Required)

I mix in that exact order, and voila - weirdness at it's best.
Bit of a fan of wierd. My misses very much so. She often makes odd smoothies.
She made one the other day, tracked good from the start, carrot, celery, tomato, beetroot, looking good....then buk choy, parsley, and some real wired root vegetable.
I tried it and :sad:
You shoulda stopped at the beetroot! :giggle:
Her response "there's something wrong with you"
Me "yep and im glad so" :giggle:

Smigo

Gold Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Our Mulberry bush, tree, half way between, has a crazy amount of berries on it now. We are picking and picking giving them away in big bowels to our neighbors. And making cakes, my misses is, as well as anything else she can for us and to give away. Our three shops here have been out of stuff to make jam or anything conserve wise out of them as Covid has really really impacted our anything here in the past month.
But we continue to give em away. Hopefully we were told tomorrow we can get from delivery here stuff to make jam or conserves from. We have heaps of Mulberies and Nectarines, crazy amounts! From just 2 trees. But supplies here from Covid have impacted a lot. Before it was just Toilet paper, tissues, flour and rice! Now its kicking in to us regional places and we are seeing many things that previously were ok...empty from our shelves. Here we go again. But worse.
:(
Three of these a day.
20210104_100757(2).jpg

LAVapesQC

Bronze Contributor
ECF Refugee
Some nice looking berries Smigo! As far as smoothies go I think half the time when it comes to me I just throw in what needs to be eaten - which can make for very odd combinations at times. Some work, some obviously do not.

Obviously the wife and kids get the "premium" fridge selections. But I hold my own, and weird is good eh. ;)

VU Sponsors