Become a Patron!

What did you do today that is vape related?

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Got a little electronic gadget from Aliexpress yesterday. It checks the mah of 18650 cells.
Real fast service was ordered last February.
Had pretty much given up on ever getting it.

gadget!

"The Trader"
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT
VU Patreon
I remember the Clove Gum when I was a kid. It was great, and so was Beeman's. I wish they would bring it back.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
And don't forget "Black Jack" :)
You can buy them all three, they were brought back a few years ago.

Sent from a Galaxy far far away

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
And don't forget "Black Jack" :)
You can buy them all three, they were brought back a few years ago.

Sent from a Galaxy far far away

I remember all those, I vape two of those flavors here and there. :D
Not the Beeman's though, kind of a strange flavor.

Remember "Rob's Blackjack" from BMV? Still vape that stuff.

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I filled this again, that's about it. :D

5vZJVCUl.jpg

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
All I did was refresh the AHD tip parade FB page and wonder when in the everloving hell she's gonna start on the new sale orders, there are surely hundreds to be done, including the 4 I ordered, and she's done NOTHING recently. :mad:

Andria

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Did some tests with my new cheapo battery capacity tester...
Around .5 amp drain on 18650. Resistance was fixed so current varied a bit as battery voltage dropped.
Set cut off voltage to 3V. I think that battery makers test at a lower voltage but since reg mods cut off at 3V or higher... And vape quality drops significantly at 3V for unreg mods or they shut down too if switchfet types.
I also think that battery maker use a lower current drain for their capacity tests.
The higher the current drain the lower the mah the cell will produce.

3+ yr old HG2 1850 mah
around 2 YR OLD 30Q 2100 mah
New HG2 2500 mah

Nailz

FUCK the FDA
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
All I did was refresh the AHD tip parade FB page and wonder when in the everloving hell she's gonna start on the new sale orders, there are surely hundreds to be done, including the 4 I ordered, and she's done NOTHING recently. :mad:

Andria

I feel your frustration, as I ordered on the sale too, but she just lost her Dad, so I more than understand the wait.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I feel your frustration, as I ordered on the sale too, but she just lost her Dad, so I more than understand the wait.

Well yeah, I lost my mom in 2016... but distractions saved me, in the wake of that. Seems like she'd want to do something other than mourn. I know I sure did.

Andria

Nailz

FUCK the FDA
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Well yeah, I lost my mom in 2016... but distractions saved me, in the wake of that. Seems like she'd want to do something other than mourn. I know I sure did.

Andria

I lost my mom in 2017, and I took a week off work to arrange things and grieve, I doubt drip tips is her priority right now, and sure she would give you a refund if you can't wait.

Synphul

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Was low on some flavors for my adv and decided to pick up a few more. Made use of the 20% off at river supply. Some new stuff to try, fa desert ship, cap strawberry taffy, pur super sweet (some said it was better than cap). For some reason never got inw biscuit or fa cookie so grabbed those, wf sc bumbleberry, tfa ry4 double, ws-23 and a few others.

Then I thought the page glitched. My order doubled in price up over $100 and was like wtf. So I refreshed, nope same price. Started looking to see what the hell happened. Well I'd spotted fa jammy/candy wizard and thought it may work with a few things. Was only like 2 or 3 something. In the cart it said something like $56.

Thought fuck they're more proud of that than flv is with their alpine strawberry. Instead of saying 'out of stock' on the 15ml, it said in stock but the only one they had left apparently was the 1L size. Sweet Jesus what would I do with 1000ml of candy wizard. lmfao. As it is a 15ml bottle of super sweet's lasted me close to a year and not even used 1/4 of it. Out of the cart that went.

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Was low on some flavors for my adv and decided to pick up a few more. Made use of the 20% off at river supply. Some new stuff to try, fa desert ship, cap strawberry taffy, pur super sweet (some said it was better than cap). For some reason never got inw biscuit or fa cookie so grabbed those, wf sc bumbleberry, tfa ry4 double, ws-23 and a few others.

Then I thought the page glitched. My order doubled in price up over $100 and was like wtf. So I refreshed, nope same price. Started looking to see what the hell happened. Well I'd spotted fa jammy/candy wizard and thought it may work with a few things. Was only like 2 or 3 something. In the cart it said something like $56.

Thought fuck they're more proud of that than flv is with their alpine strawberry. Instead of saying 'out of stock' on the 15ml, it said in stock but the only one they had left apparently was the 1L size. Sweet Jesus what would I do with 1000ml of candy wizard. lmfao. As it is a 15ml bottle of super sweet's lasted me close to a year and not even used 1/4 of it. Out of the cart that went.

I love that dang Cap Strawberry Taffy. Use it in my Strawberry Cream recipe, which is my favorite strawberry so far.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Cleaned up the Athena mod. Swapped out the standard 510 pin in the Tiny Demon RDA for its squonk pin. Fidgeted a little with the brass Coppervave to learn its battery was indeed as thought, discharged.

Ruppy_bear

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
i lost my dad in 2017, also lost my company too. cuz im super emotional, during that time period i was super heavily drinking and smoking alot. i also bought shit load of vape stuff as i was also crazy vaping and those were all bad investments. emotionally i was crippled and was constantly having sex with my GF cuz its the best way to keep your mind off of things lol.

anyways today i.....................MET A GIRL AND EXCHANGED CONTACT WITHOUT A ZERO REJECT RATE!!!!!!

story went like, i was at mall and i a pod booth, they were doing a promo on one of their pods and i wanted to go check them out. surprisingly there were a bunch of girls already at the booth buying things. yes at this points your thinking im there cuz if the girls and honestly............the sales girl was pretty cute..........and so was the other girls shopping.

anyways, sales girls ask me if i have vaped before? i pull my mech and said totally. then cute client girl ask me do i know anyone or anywhere i can still buy vape stuff thats non-pods. BOOM, i knew i was going nailed it..............and we exchanged contact.

now shes younger then by about.....................10 years or around there i think. (im 31 but i look like im 18) not even sure if shes 18 yet but definitely not under 17. stoke cuz we share few similar interests (that i know of right now) and she quite in to vaping i think? she bought a few pods for her family members and got her cute girlfriends in to it too.

more importantly SHE GOT A SMOANT RABOX! like she into cute cosplays, anime, pop mart figures (much better then funko pops in my opinion) and yet she has this crazy ass mod thats pretty fucking cool. i really want one back in the day cuz it looked really cool and together with xomo, but i never got one.

but seriously doesnt really fit her, like when u found out that kid rock used to breakdance and do hip hop before he went out to become american bad ass.

now im tell u how this is going to end (if shes single). now for some odd reason deep down in me is going to tell me to find someone closer to my age......or at least not a 10 year gap. and if i can fight that off, then me pussying out should stop me cuz i got nothing to offer and shame + inferiority would totally stop me period.

seriously i havent met girl thats into vaping and other stuff in a long time, most of them are going to bars and clubs just having a FUCKING good time. so im little excited.

BTW going vaping shopping again............BUT WITH A GIRL! YEAH IM EXCITED!

Synphul

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I love that dang Cap Strawberry Taffy. Use it in my Strawberry Cream recipe, which is my favorite strawberry so far.
Not sure what to expect of it, had seen mentions that it's a lot like cap sweet strawberry which I enjoy but a thicker mouth feel so may work nicely. If it does I'll look to getting more of it, just grabbed a 15ml for now. I'd like to get more creamy recipes, creamier mouthfeel on a number of them. But seems like no matter what I use it goes sideways.

Things like custards are too eggy or cooked tasting, meringue has an odd light custard taste to it, creams like sweet cream are almost verging on sour like milk that's starting to turn. Whipped cream is a bit light and almost gives an oily mouth feel. Looking for something that's more like a creamier milk or whole cream, heavy cream. Light as in uncooked/non-eggy, creamy like pudding cups with a richer mouth feel. I know it has to be possible, they do it in juice all the time with fruit/cream combos. And it's not a vanilla cream or ice cream either, the vanilla's pretty pungent in those.

More like the cheap storebought vanilla ice cream (that has very little vanilla taste) or like fresh fruit like blackberries in a bowl with heavy whipping cream (as a liquid).

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Not sure what to expect of it, had seen mentions that it's a lot like cap sweet strawberry which I enjoy but a thicker mouth feel so may work nicely. If it does I'll look to getting more of it, just grabbed a 15ml for now. I'd like to get more creamy recipes, creamier mouthfeel on a number of them. But seems like no matter what I use it goes sideways.

Things like custards are too eggy or cooked tasting, meringue has an odd light custard taste to it, creams like sweet cream are almost verging on sour like milk that's starting to turn. Whipped cream is a bit light and almost gives an oily mouth feel. Looking for something that's more like a creamier milk or whole cream, heavy cream. Light as in uncooked/non-eggy, creamy like pudding cups with a richer mouth feel. I know it has to be possible, they do it in juice all the time with fruit/cream combos. And it's not a vanilla cream or ice cream either, the vanilla's pretty pungent in those.

More like the cheap storebought vanilla ice cream (that has very little vanilla taste) or like fresh fruit like blackberries in a bowl with heavy whipping cream (as a liquid).
Have you tried FlavourArt Fresh Cream? Super concentrated, so I wouldn't go over 2%. I usually use it at 0.5%

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years

Capella Sweet Cream. Tastes just like real cream; I even put a drop or two in eggs, gravies, mashed potatoes, coffee... anything that's good with real cream.

Andria

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Have you tried FlavourArt Fresh Cream? Super concentrated, so I wouldn't go over 2%. I usually use it at 0.5%
With even far less than 0.5% of TFA "Milk/Dairy" added to that, you get a nice milky subnote. Add just a little too much and it becomes more buttery. FA Fresh Cream (or FA Cream Fresh, same flavoring different name...) is the most neutral among cream flavorings AFAIK, and, it is not sweetened so this gives the ability to use a bit of ethyl maltol (i.e. TFA Cotton Candy) as part of whatever the sweetness combination you prefer to use, e.g., use it as part of a balanced combination of 1/ the natural sweetness (if any) already engendered by some of other flavorings in the recipe in question, and 2/ CAP Super Sweet and/or sucralose (i.e. TFA Sweetener). The ethyl maltol if used in sparing amounts creates a thicker, more voluptous mouthfeel when paired with a creamy base. In a lot of recipes it also gels particularly well together with FA Marshmallow, to which all sorts of vanillas etc. can also be added, sparingly so that it becomes a cream base with just a modest hint of vanilla, not turning it to a strong vanilla with just a splash of cream. lol Another trick, if the goal is to let multiple different fruit flavorings pop out individually recognizably in front of a creamy background, is to add TFA Bavarian Cream at such a very low percentage that the sourness normally associated with Bavarian Cream remains fully suppressed.

Last edited:

wildgypsy70

“Widgy Pidgy”
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon

I agree with @Huckleberried. FA Cream Fresh around 1-2% would work. FLV Cream(1%)would be more like light whipping cream and fairly neutral. OOO Cream(milky undertones) might also work.

Just Frank

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Ordered a couple of liters of nic from LNW. Then I noticed Vaperstek has 25% off so I got a liter of theirs too. They're pretty much insurance. I have several in my freezer already. I mix for 3 people so I guess it gives me piece of mind.

I'm locked out of my Amazon account otherwise I would've ordered more glass bottles today. I'll have to call them to get it straightened out. I could just create a new account too I guess. Not sure if there's another store cheaper. The ones I've looked at want a lot for shipping when Amazon is free over $25.

Cigabuy had Luxotic BF squonk mods for $11. I ordered one of those. I already have some of the bigger MF ones.

Synphul

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
@Huckleberried Yea I've got FA creme fresh. Maybe I've used it too high

@AndriaD I've got that as well, cap sweet cream. Starts to get that off taste to me like canned milk vs fresh milk. Or it ends up disappearing, maybe I haven't nailed the right %.

@Carambrda Maybe I'll give that a try, don't really use em in much and never thought to pair it with a cream. I've got cap super sweet, just picked up some pur super sweet to give it a whirl. I've got tfa dairy milk also. As well as tpa bavarian cream, it always tastes kind of heavy on the vanilla or something though. Don't always care for the added flavor, so I might be using it too heavy. I've got cap and tfa marshmallow as well, don't have fa marshmallow. They're also a bit heavy on the vanilla.

Like when I think marshmallow I think of regular puff marshmallows or marshmallow cream. It's really sweet and gooey but not a lot of flavor, maybe a fading whiff of vanilla. Those marshmallow flavors I have taste like someone took a regular marshmallow then shoved it into a jar with vanilla extract like pickled eggs or something lol. I have nothing against vanilla but if trying to get a light fruit and cream true milk/cream isn't all vanilla like a melted milkshake. It's just the dairy aspect.

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon

If I were looking for what you describe, I would use either FW VBIC or TFA Vanilla Swirl plus TFA Dairy Milk. Think the FW VBIC would be closer. I'd sweeten with FA Marshmallow and a touch of Cap SS.

Some of my milk-cream based mixes seem pretty light to me, but they use flavors that you would probably find too heavy or too targeted toward vanilla. This may be a kind of dead zone for me - I don't get into that curdled or too-eggy area until Cap VCV1. Condensed milk I have to use in small amounts as well.

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
@Carambrda Maybe I'll give that a try, don't really use em in much and never thought to pair it with a cream. I've got cap super sweet, just picked up some pur super sweet to give it a whirl. I've got tfa dairy milk also. As well as tpa bavarian cream, it always tastes kind of heavy on the vanilla or something though. Don't always care for the added flavor, so I might be using it too heavy. I've got cap and tfa marshmallow as well, don't have fa marshmallow. They're also a bit heavy on the vanilla.

Like when I think marshmallow I think of regular puff marshmallows or marshmallow cream. It's really sweet and gooey but not a lot of flavor, maybe a fading whiff of vanilla. Those marshmallow flavors I have taste like someone took a regular marshmallow then shoved it into a jar with vanilla extract like pickled eggs or something lol. I have nothing against vanilla but if trying to get a light fruit and cream true milk/cream isn't all vanilla like a melted milkshake. It's just the dairy aspect.
That's why you have to be careful to not add too much of any of those. Often times 0.2% will be already far too much, as richness and depth comes from experimenting with various subtleties that are so subtle in fact, they are balancing on the edge of fading into the distant landscape.

Rhianne

Diamond Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
His Dad, here below, is in the entertainment industry so I guess it was just a natural progression from vape reviews to Super Bloke.

But I liked Max Headroom! I dunno, the Super Bloke thing just didn’t seem to gel. And the fact that Rip jumped ship during the “vaping illness” turns me off. I know he’s got kids and cares about kids or whatever, but vaping wasn’t to blame!!

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
But I liked Max Headroom! I dunno, the Super Bloke thing just didn’t seem to gel. And the fact that Rip jumped ship during the “vaping illness” turns me off. I know he’s got kids and cares about kids or whatever, but vaping wasn’t to blame!!
But his dry knuckles made Super bloke look bad.

wildgypsy70

“Widgy Pidgy”
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Mixed a bit, charging some batteries and developing a recipe. Nothing terribly exciting.

Also preordered an acrylic billet clone. Won’t be here for a while......

And I ordered some Billet panels to go with said clear acrylic Billet. One set is sparkly and I’m excited.:)

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
@AndriaD I've got that as well, cap sweet cream. Starts to get that off taste to me like canned milk vs fresh milk. Or it ends up disappearing, maybe I haven't nailed the right %.

Hmm, you might be right; my mom always used evaporated milk (canned) in anything that called for cream; CAP Sweet Cream tastes just like that, to me. I started off my very-high-percentages strawberry and cream with the Sweet Cream at 2%; I think it's down to about 1% now, since i've drastically decreased the flavoring in that recipe.

Andria

DonBaldy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Don't do much anymore other than vape. Made up 3 30ml bottles of my Butter pecan vanilla custard, a strawberry cheesecake, and Cromwell's custard. Upped the nic in them all from 6mg to 9mg. Since I only vape at 15-20w now a 30ml will last about a week and a half. I'm determined to finally kick the cigarettes again. It's getting better. I also stopped at a LVS and bought some more coils. Trying to buy a couple of packs a week so them I have plenty for the foreseeable future. When use the last one and can no longer get them I've gotten 2 RBAs.

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Don't do much anymore other than vape. Made up 3 30ml bottles of my Butter pecan vanilla custard, a strawberry cheesecake, and Cromwell's custard. Upped the nic in them all from 6mg to 9mg. Since I only vape at 15-20w now a 30ml will last about a week and a half. I'm determined to finally kick the cigarettes again. It's getting better. I also stopped at a LVS and bought some more coils. Trying to buy a couple of packs a week so them I have plenty for the foreseeable future. When use the last one and can no longer get them I've gotten 2 RBAs.
wavesmile.gif
:hug:good to see you!

Smigo

Gold Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Good luck mate kicking them, all fingers crossed for you in doing so. :)

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I put a fresh coil in my Achilles tonight, which I've been procrastinating doing for over a month... and was forcibly reminded of why I switched to do-it-yo-damn-self coils in 2014... when that strawberry flavor punched me right in the kisser and said HEY I'M STRAWBERRY!!! :giggle:

Also got my new red-gradient Istick Rim C today, which should maybe go in the vape mail thread, but everyone in there is so excited with their recent vapemail, while I'm just kinda ehh about the red-gradient; it's a weird color, almost an orange or salmon color. But, it's a nice small inexpensive mod that feels nice in my hand, so it's a reasonable addition to the stable. And I do like the USB-C interface, which is also what my phone uses, and I have several 2A wallwarts that came with my current and last phones, so that's a nice feature.

Andria

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I learned the goodness of a Scotch Brite sponge and was pointed to Scotch Brite pads. How is that vape related? Well, I do maintain and clean my Coppervape mods. Can admit though possibly not the best I could. Saw someone take a mod I thought needed tossed back to nearly new.

What caused this magic? A Scotch Brite sponged used liberally to lightly brush off and clean the mod. I then grabbed up my brass Coppervape and followed suit, cleaned it as well. Now, both seem to have new lives. I figure now this will become a weekly process as it was not before,

So yep, I cleaned up a couple of mods today. I'm also trying out a little Rum & Coke flavor juice I mixed up in a 10 ml bottle. To me it tastes okay, it's good and seems spot on but I know my taste is a bit different. I used 5 drops of cola syrup and 6 of Jamaican rum, both TFA. The rest was max VG at 18 mg/ml nicotine.

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I learned the goodness of a Scotch Brite sponge and was pointed to Scotch Brite pads. How is that vape related? Well, I do maintain and clean my Coppervape mods. Can admit though possibly not the best I could. Saw someone take a mod I thought needed tossed back to nearly new.

What caused this magic? A Scotch Brite sponged used liberally to lightly brush off and clean the mod. I then grabbed up my brass Coppervape and followed suit, cleaned it as well. Now, both seem to have new lives. I figure now this will become a weekly process as it was not before,

So yep, I cleaned up a couple of mods today. I'm also trying out a little Rum & Coke flavor juice I mixed up in a 10 ml bottle. To me it tastes okay, it's good and seems spot on but I know my taste is a bit different. I used 5 drops of cola syrup and 6 of Jamaican rum, both TFA. The rest was max VG at 18 mg/ml nicotine.
The Heavy Duty version of 3M Scotch Brite scouring pads is what I use to flatten the tiny sharp bumps resulting from my non constant contact button mech mods arcing on my batteries. I would get an instant heart attack if someone as much as went near one of my mods with a scouring pad... just get the kind of microfiber towels you normally use to polish your car.

VU Sponsors