Become a Patron!

What did you do today that is vape related?

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Wow, 1300! I get confused with the maybe 20 I have with what im going to mix.
Had more but threw them out. Nobody to give them to here.
When I think of the success/fail rate I had, some I just hated the taste of them like many mangos that had a cooking oil aftertaste, I think it was 50/50. I rarely experiment now. Do now and then but nothing like I used to do. Got sick of wasting money, time and effort on things I threw out. I found out too that some things I like to eat or drink I hate to vape. Like Skittles, I like to eat them but when I tried a vape that did taste just like them after about 10 vapes I couldnt stand it. Grape is the same. Funny that.
I heard once of people making bacon flavoured mixes and similar like main meal flavours, not desserts. I think that would make me sick.
Have you made anything like that?

I've had that problem with peach flavors -- just cannot find one that really and truly tastes like a whole fresh peach. The Inawera tastes the way rotting peach skins smell when they're in the garbage. The TFA tastes like perfume. After trying those 2, I gave up completely on anything peachy.

For a long time, I couldn't find any chocolate flavor that I could taste at all... till I tried the Molinberry Glamour Chocolate -- that one, I can truly taste! But as you said... not really something I'm interested in vaping, but I had to try it and vape it in order to know that.

One thing that actually turned out GREAT, but I got tired of it, is TFA banana nut bread mixed with TFA Blueberry Extra -- that is farking GREAT! But since I got burned out on it, I just stick to my strawberry and cream. I never seem to get tired of that one.

Oh, and speaking of... tonight I made a mix of my strawberry and cream that is finally under 20% flavoring! WOOT! Won't know how I feel about it until I try it, in 5 or 6 days, but it's not a huge drop from the last recipe, which I'm vaping now; just about a 2%-2.5% reduction, down to 19.9% flavoring.

Andria

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
And I truly only use 5 in mass mixing.

Gypsy’s HCC is basically all I vape... and the variants

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Smigo

Gold Contributor
Member For 2 Years
I've had that problem with peach flavors -- just cannot find one that really and truly tastes like a whole fresh peach. The Inawera tastes the way rotting peach skins smell when they're in the garbage. The TFA tastes like perfume. After trying those 2, I gave up completely on anything peachy.

For a long time, I couldn't find any chocolate flavor that I could taste at all... till I tried the Molinberry Glamour Chocolate -- that one, I can truly taste! But as you said... not really something I'm interested in vaping, but I had to try it and vape it in order to know that.

One thing that actually turned out GREAT, but I got tired of it, is TFA banana nut bread mixed with TFA Blueberry Extra -- that is farking GREAT! But since I got burned out on it, I just stick to my strawberry and cream. I never seem to get tired of that one.

Oh, and speaking of... tonight I made a mix of my strawberry and cream that is finally under 20% flavoring! WOOT! Won't know how I feel about it until I try it, in 5 or 6 days, but it's not a huge drop from the last recipe, which I'm vaping now; just about a 2%-2.5% reduction, down to 19.9% flavoring.

Andria
Yeah I've not had a great deal of joy with chocolate. The only one that works for me is FA Choc glazed donut. But I mix it with Nic River Choc candy, they go well together.
When I first started vaping I got some Vape Wild Whiskey Tango Fudge cake. That was absolutely amazing. Loved it. Wish I knew the recipe for that one.

SnapDragon NY

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT
Ordered 4 Smoant Pasito pod/aio kits for my hubby after losing another one of these at work.
These are hard to find in stock, but I found them at Eciggity- I am not ordering anything from China.
I asked him , why people don't turn these in when found? He says many think vaping is worse than cigarettes and they throw them in the garbage when found. Ugh!
:facepalm:

Just Frank

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
We had a challenge one time.....teams of mixers were sent some pretty “interesting” flavors(Wasabi, Chili, and one other) to make mixes with. They could use other things, but the savory flavors had to be apparent. The recipes that came out of it were quite impressive!

I totally bailed on @Mykreign for that challenge, I sincerly apologize for that buddy. Those flavors were terrible lol. I just couldn't do anything with them. The dill pickle was so dominant, that's all I could taste.

wildgypsy70

“Widgy Pidgy”
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I totally bailed on @Mykreign for that challenge, I sincerly apologize for that buddy. Those flavors were terrible lol. I just couldn't do anything with them. The dill pickle was so dominant, that's all I could taste.
My office smelled like pickle for daaaaaaaaaays. The rebottling was rough business. Hahahahaha

Rhianne

Diamond Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
I mixed a batch of Creme de Menthe Custard.

And I bought three more Nord AIOs, because I felt nostalgic for them. They helped me stop smoking, along with the Freemax Twister.

And I’m trying to organize my vapocalypse stash, which ended up toppling over everywhere.

Cosmic

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Seem to remember reading about a diyer making juice from the putrid fermented shark meat called Hakarl that they hang in sheds in Iceland. I don't remember if it was on a vapers show or on a forum like elr. Now THERE'S a comfort food!

DaBunny

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Andria

The first recipe i ever came up with was so much like a REAL juicy Peach
you can almost taste da FUZZ...
30 ML

dragon fruit- tfa- 15 drops
dragon fruit - cap - 15 drops
str. ripe - tfa- 20 drops
str ripe - pur- 20 drops
peach- flavor west 20 drops
peach - nic river - 20 drops

the dragon fruit an strawberry bring the REAL peach flavor to life.
Its strange yet true..

Last edited:

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Flavors. Was up to close to 200. tossed a few that I oculd not handle, piffed several, still have around 100 I guess in freezer but only use 2 for over a year :)

Rhianne

Diamond Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Wow, 1300! I get confused with the maybe 20 I have with what im going to mix.
Had more but threw them out. Nobody to give them to here.
When I think of the success/fail rate I had, some I just hated the taste of them like many mangos that had a cooking oil aftertaste, I think it was 50/50. I rarely experiment now. Do now and then but nothing like I used to do. Got sick of wasting money, time and effort on things I threw out. I found out too that some things I like to eat or drink I hate to vape. Like Skittles, I like to eat them but when I tried a vape that did taste just like them after about 10 vapes I couldnt stand it. Grape is the same. Funny that.
I heard once of people making bacon flavoured mixes and similar like main meal flavours, not desserts. I think that would make me sick.
Have you made anything like that?

Some WTA juice by Om Vapors had a bacon-ish (umami) flavor. They weren’t aiming at bacon, but they got it anyway. :giggle:

Just Frank

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I've been using my TFV16 tank on a black I-Priv mod. After altering that Mag mod, it made me think. I forgot I had a Prism Blue I-Priv kit put away. I took it apart and switched those mod's secondary colors too so I could have another Blue/Red mod or kit. Now I want a red Pro-Color so I can trade fire bars with my Auto Blue one. If I'd have known how easy it was to work on Smok mods, I could've been doing this a long time ago.

I-Privs with swapped buttons, screen rings, panel & fire bars-
20200713_194318_HDR(1).jpg
I think they both look better switched out. I made an Aspire Feedlink that was Black with silver panels a long time ago that I always thought looked nice too.

Here's both of the ones I "fixed" today to get Red/Blue-
20200713_194338(1).jpg

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
@Just Frank, you're just a regular ol' BADASS!
s1024.gif

Just Frank

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Made a pair of 3 core 26gx38g fused claptons @ .122Ω and dropped 'em in the new to me Asgard Mini.
Mine got put in the mail two days ago but hasn't shown movement. I hope it actually passes through another post office soon so I know it's really coming..

I haven't really put any thought into what I should put in it when it does show up. I'll have to make some coils for it soon though. I've been practicing making big single coils pretty much recently.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Kinda vape related since I seem to have ordered most of my vape stuff from them.

Got my final order yesterday from FT placed in April. Right at 3 months...
Was 50 surgical masks.
The last item ordered before that also took 3 months...

Glad I am done ordering vape stuff.

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
I want the marsala or chestnut but decide on other stuff for the moment

Sent from a pile of wood chips

I liked those colors, too, especially the chestnut. Was hard to decide between the chestnut and the blue, but blue gets me nearly every time. :)

I know you're not ordering from China, but just keep your eyes open if you do decide to get a Drag S/X - Voopoo and another company are coming out with an RTA/RDTA that has a regular single-coil deck in it (sorta like a Wasp Nano deck, or a Captain Elite). I ordered one of the other company's (VXV or something?) this morning from 3F. They're on pre-order for July 28 (Voopoo one is sometime in August).

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Never say never.
I may buy another mod if I want it bad enough and the deal is good enough. But currently have no intention to :)

That's me... I never PLAN to buy new mods, but when one of our lovely enablers, I mean, fellow vapers, posts a great link for a great price on a great mod... well who the hell can resist that?!?!?! :giggle:

And speaking of new mods... @nadalama, with those istick Rim C mods, do you find that you need to turn up the wattage a bit higher than your usual? You know that 10w is usually my extreme high limit, but with those Rim C's, i can't get a satisfying hit below 10.5w. Yeah, I know, .5w isn't much, but at my low wattage, that's 5% higher than my normal high limit! I guess they're the opposite of the mods that people claim "hits like a train!" They hit like a... featherduster? :teehee:

Andria

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
That's me... I never PLAN to buy new mods, but when one of our lovely enablers, I mean, fellow vapers, posts a great link for a great price on a great mod... well who the hell can resist that?!?!?! :giggle:

And speaking of new mods... @nadalama, with those istick Rim C mods, do you find that you need to turn up the wattage a bit higher than your usual? You know that 10w is usually my extreme high limit, but with those Rim C's, i can't get a satisfying hit below 10.5w. Yeah, I know, .5w isn't much, but at my low wattage, that's 5% higher than my normal high limit! I guess they're the opposite of the mods that people claim "hits like a train!" They hit like a... featherduster? :teehee:

Andria

Ehhhh.....maybe. A little. I have an Aromamizer Lite on the Rim C now, coil is at 0.73 ohms, and I have the mod set at 38W. That's probably 3-5 watts higher than I'd run that atty if it was on a really hard-hitting mod. My vaping preferences are still changing - I find I can take a little higher wattage all the time, so it's not unusual for settings to change on my devices.

I also find that I use different settings for different mixes, and even different settings on different days. I'm just not very consistent, I guess.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Ehhhh.....maybe. A little. I have an Aromamizer Lite on the Rim C now, coil is at 0.73 ohms, and I have the mod set at 38W. That's probably 3-5 watts higher than I'd run that atty if it was on a really hard-hitting mod. My vaping preferences are still changing - I find I can take a little higher wattage all the time, so it's not unusual for settings to change on my devices.

I also find that I use different settings for different mixes, and even different settings on different days. I'm just not very consistent, I guess.

I suppose that's probably more "normal" than my own 9.6-10w all the time, same flavor all the time. Actually, my coil might have a little to do with it; I notice that this one is slightly higher resistance than my usual, which is usually 1.8-2Ω; this one is consistently above 2Ω, though right now it's right at 2.01Ω; I guess I used one more wrap than my norm, or something. To me it's not a science -- I grab my 3/32 drillbit and wrap my 29ga, and I think I usually aim for 7-8 wraps, but when it's done and I'm ready to mount it, I arrange the leads to point in opposite directions, as that suits my Achilles -- very similar to a Kayfun mount, but with more room to get the leads around the screws. Depending on what I do with those leads, probably causes the small variances in resistance.

I just find that I consistently turn up the wattage to at least 10.5w, when I'm using one of those new Rim C's, and I haven't gone that high on wattage since I abandoned the Kayfuns for my Achilles, back in 2015. Y'know, back when vaping at 10w/2Ω was perfectly normal. :teehee:

Andria

DogMan

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years

Ordered a new frost free freezer that is bigger and more energy efficient than old one.

Old one is ancient. Ices up constantly, sucks power.

ChainVapeS

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Screenshot_20200717-151536_Chrome.jpgordered juice from Freeman. Won a contest here for 360ml free. Never tried their juice, so I'm excited.

Mixed up 180ml of juice for myself. Going to leave it sitting for a week before I touch any of it.

Set all of my vape gear, and juice mixing stuffs up in the basement. Wife about shit herself when I finally moved the mess out of the kitchen corner.

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
View attachment 165043ordered juice from Freeman. Won a contest here for 360ml free. Never tried their juice, so I'm excited.

Mixed up 180ml of juice for myself. Going to leave it sitting for a week before I touch any of it.

Set all of my vape gear, and juice mixing stuffs up in the basement. Wife about shit herself when I finally moved the mess out of the kitchen corner.
Congrats on your win!

Yeah, boyfriend has a table set up for all his rc stuff, I have my boxes of vape stuff on one end. "Nooo, it's fine where it is, don't worry about it." I mentioned swapping a piece of furniture with one that just sits, upstairs that would be great for my stuff. "When you wanna move that stuff, babe?" He and your wife would be pals, lol.

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
View attachment 165043ordered juice from Freeman. Won a contest here for 360ml free. Never tried their juice, so I'm excited.

Haven't had the other two but maximum overdrive is good.

Vape related. I gotta make coils today.

Sent from a pile of wood chips

Synphul

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Fuck my life. Some days it just doesn't pay. Needed some better coils and didn't have anything else wrapped, so attempted no stretch aliens. Yea, that went swimmingly. Mixed a bottle of juice. Managed to get some better coils in my m25, the plain round wire coils were puny on flavor.

So for the last several months I've been strictly using my axial rda. Got into the habit of dripping. Literally just looked at my tank on the m25, it's empty. So what does any sane moron do? Pft, filling the tank is for noobs. You grab your full 120ml bottle of juice and proceed to sploooosh down the drip tip of course. The mental arithmetic hadn't fully processed until after squirting a shit ton of juice down the middle of the tank. :facepalm:

On the bright side I did look for some vids on no stretch aliens and don't feel quite so bad after watching mterk and ohmboy oc completely fuck up their no stretch attempts. And the m25? No leaks in spite of dumping a ton of juice down the middle. Not saying I won't ever dick it up and experience leaks at some point (I can do pretty much anything after all), but I'd say that's a pretty damn good tank if that didn't flood it.

VU Sponsors