Become a Patron!

What did you do today that is vape related?

Tornadoalleydeb

Vaping whilst slaying dragons in the land of Tyria
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I can't figure out why the battery cap on the pumper I just got gets blazing hot. I mean hot enough to burn. Sigh, I have shit luck with this stuff sometimes. I sent an email to Asmodus but I'm thinking at 40% off, I may not hear anything. I'm using a sammy 20S and the build is a .25 so no reason for it to be doing that as far as the build goes. Bah.

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
I can't figure out why the battery cap on the pumper I just got gets blazing hot. I mean hot enough to burn. Sigh, I have shit luck with this stuff sometimes. I sent an email to Asmodus but I'm thinking at 40% off, I may not hear anything. I'm using a sammy 20S and the build is a .25 so no reason for it to be doing that as far as the build goes. Bah.

I don't mean to state the obvious, but could the battery wrap be suspect? Can there be arcing in a mod that has the protections the Pumper has? That's weird and scary.

Tornadoalleydeb

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I don't mean to state the obvious, but could the battery wrap be suspect? Can there be arcing in a mod that has the protections the Pumper has? That's weird and scary.
Thanks, the wrap is fine. I saw one review where someone else was having the same issue and yep, makes me not want to use it. Maybe asmodus will help. I only sent the email on wed and with the sale they may be very busy right now.

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
OH MY FREAKIN GOD Y'ALL, I have seen it all now.

I just sat down with this VXV Soulmate thing that came yesterday, which is an RDTA that is to be used on the Drag X. Voopoo's RBA wasn't quite ready for market yet, so I ordered this instead. 15 bucks plus about 3 for shipping from 3F.

I'm looking at the thing, taking it all apart to see how it works, and I see this big gaping hole in the bottom of the tank. It's not broken - it's a big hole that is supposed to be there. I try turning things and looking for extra parts, nope. Just a big gaping hole with no cover. I told my husband, no do not tell me that vacuum is gonna keep juice from leaking out of that hole, cause it ain't. It's a big frikkin hole right there.

So I go looking for a YT video.

FastTech has a video. Come to find out, you have to TAKE THE FILL PORT COVER (yes, that f'n three cent piece of silicone) off the tank that CAME WITH the Drag X to use on THIS PIECE OF SHIT, else you have NO FILL PORT COVER AT ALL.

Cheap mfers could not spend three more cents to furnish a fill port cover to make this thing a complete tank unto itself. You have to disassemble (and by the way, disable, cause you sure can't leave liquid in the other tank with no fill port cover on it) your own piece of gear or you can't use this one.

I left a scathing review on 3F, which I bet you money will never see the light of day, and I will never as long as I live buy another piece of anything made by this VXV outfit. If this does not take the cake, then you can kick my ass. AARGH!!!!!!!

And if Voopoo does this same shit with the RBA they manufacture, I'll kick them to the curb too. This is just sorry.

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years

I just sat down with this VXV Soulmate thing that came yesterday, which is an RDTA that is to be used on the Drag X. Voopoo's RBA wasn't quite ready for market yet, so I ordered this instead. 15 bucks plus about 3 for shipping from 3F.

I'm looking at the thing, taking it all apart to see how it works, and I see this big gaping hole in the bottom of the tank. It's not broken - it's a big hole that is supposed to be there. I try turning things and looking for extra parts, nope. Just a big gaping hole with no cover. I told my husband, no do not tell me that vacuum is gonna keep juice from leaking out of that hole, cause it ain't. It's a big frikkin hole right there.

FastTech has a video. Come to find out, you have to TAKE THE FILL PORT COVER (yes, that f'n three cent piece of silicone) off the tank that CAME WITH the Drag X to use on THIS PIECE OF SHIT, else you have NO FILL PORT COVER AT ALL.

Cheap mfers could not spend three more cents to furnish a fill port cover to make this thing a complete tank unto itself. You have to disassemble (and by the way, disable, cause you sure can't leave liquid in the other tank with no fill port cover on it) your own piece of gear or you can't use this one.

I left a scathing review on 3F, which I bet you money will never see the light of day, and I will never as long as I live buy another piece of anything made by this VXV outfit. If this does not take the cake, then you can kick my ass. AARGH!!!!!!!

And if Voopoo does this same shit with the RBA they manufacture, I'll kick them to the curb too. This is just sorry.
Yes that is shitty. I've got one just about the same stupidity. An authentic Billet Box. $271.00 to purchase. It comes with the mod and a Nautalis coil adapter. Not a single coil. And no drip tip. Now most people use rbas and replace the tips once received. But for a $300 purchase they could make the mod usable out of the box. Hell sxk at least gives the drip tip and 2 coil adapters as well as a kanger rba. Not the best rba but at least you're not stuck waiting on extra accessories to use it out the box.
Still sucks all the same. That's shitty of voopoo and the other company to be in cahoots

Tornadoalleydeb

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon

My god, that is beyond stupid. I can't even..................Sorry @nadalama

Tornadoalleydeb

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
All I have to do is think about it and I get pissed all over again.
Throw the POS away!

This is why I never bought into the LV Orion DNA thingamabob. Had to buy the pod part separate, GTFO. Yet that thing was wildly popular. Of course, at least they did tell you up front. But still, nope.

Nailz

FUCK the FDA
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years

I got one coming from 3fvape for the fetch pro, and saw the fill plug is not included, thought was strange, and they can be a pain to install into the tank, but really like the look of them apart from that, if the fetch one works well, going to get one for the vapresso rpm too.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Made a FT order last night.
However only thing even remotely vape related was some 10 ml netal needle tipped bottles. I use them for precision oiling, etc but the bottle can be used in the Coppervape mods I have too.

The rest was electronical stuff.
Nickel strips for battery packs, copper foil tape and some other stuff.
Oh and plan on using nickel strip for electroplating mod stuff. ie coppervape parts.

Last edited:

gopher_byrd

Cranky Old Fart
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I changed the batteries and refilled 6 squonks today. That's just normal everyday stuff. I know, boring, but it has to be done...

I also made up 240 ml of 3 mg base and mixed up 210 ml of juice.

Oh, yeah, I vaped, therefore I am...:giggle:

Lady Sarah

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I got some more staple coils to when I just don't feel like making my own. While I was at it, I showed off one of my Limited Gold RDTAs with the 10ml conversion kit on it. The young kids didn't care, but the people around my age certainly wanted to know more.

Good luck to them. That RDTA is sold out almost everywhere. I was lucky to find a couple on clearance on a site I had to call.

gadget!

"The Trader"
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT
VU Patreon
Curiosity killed the cat but gadget got away!

I recently acquired the elusive almost impossible to find Purge Mods 21700 Truck mod.
I also picked up red Fire Truck mod.
I got to looking and thinking (I'm dangerous when I think). It seems the dimensions on the two are identical.
So I grabbed calipers and started measuring.
Outside diameter: identical
Wall thickness:
20700 = 3.16mm
21700 = 2.62mm
Weight:
21700: 145 grams
20700: 170 grams
I don't have a machine shop or the tools to do what needed to be done so I improvised!
I used a brake cylinders hone to enlarged the inside diameter. It worked but I wouldn't advise it unless you have a lot of time on your hands (it took me about 10 hrs).
But...
It was well worth it to me, now my pretty red Fire Truck will take a Samsung 30t 21700 like it was made for it.
cbfe2ece2b268c83ea1f08c990606e1c.jpg

Sent from a Galaxy far far away

Cosmic

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Put in an order for a brass and a stainless 20700 El Thunder mech mod clones at 2FDeal....missed getting the real deal in this style, but these look pretty nice. Used expedited shipping cause I want them before the hammer falls. Don't think customs will clamp down right away...I dunno. What do you folks think? (What I mean to say is....do you think we'll start having custom problems or seizures of incoming vape gear into the US soon after the PMTA deadline?)

Last edited:

Ms. Trixy

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
I'm currently at 6 different sites in a shopping frenzy. The tabs have been open since Wednesday. Can't make up my mind! Happens all the time. I can shop for days and not pull the trigger on anything until I'm sure I got the best prices for everything. Among other things, it's also a Virgo trait. Lucky me.

I finally got the green/purple varient and camo Solos, 2 Baby Prince tanks and a bunch of GT coils (which I find too airy for my liking). I found a bunch of ejuice that sounded good and I'm happy to have found that Vaptasia has Blackberry-Lemonade and Pink/Raspberry Lemonade in 12mg. I've always been faithful to TMaxx so other juice brands are new to me. I don't care for the Killer Custard as it isn't flavorful enough for my taste. There is also a Kiwi Strawberry that's too sweet. I also bought some tobacco flavors. One is definately that of a sweet, aromatic cigar. Can't do that one. No cigars, thank you very much. ?

ajvapes

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I'm currently at 6 different sites in a shopping frenzy. The tabs have been open since Wednesday. Can't make up my mind! Happens all the time. I can shop for days and not pull the trigger on anything until I'm sure I got the best prices for everything. Among other things, it's also a Virgo trait. Lucky me.

I finally got the green/purple varient and camo Solos, 2 Baby Prince tanks and a bunch of GT coils (which I find too airy for my liking). I found a bunch of ejuice that sounded good and I'm happy to have found that Vaptasia has Blackberry-Lemonade and Pink/Raspberry Lemonade in 12mg. I've always been faithful to TMaxx so other juice brands are new to me. I don't care for the Killer Custard as it isn't flavorful enough for my taste. There is also a Kiwi Strawberry that's too sweet. I also bought some tobacco flavors. One is definately that of a sweet, aromatic cigar. Can't do that one. No cigars, thank you very much. ?

Not the infamous frenzy again....

Ms. Trixy

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
I ordered another Odin Mini before the shit hits the fan....Noticed Dovpo is releasing an Odin 100, same case as the mini w/ a dovpo board for about $75
Nice mod!!! Both of them. Although it's aesthetically it's not my taste, the reviews and power/functions look rock solid. Besides, after I'm done stocking up today my vault closed. At least until next week. ?

Tornadoalleydeb

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Made up some juice for someone in need and played around with some new flavors. Browsed for stuff I don't need. That's about it so far for today. Boring day and seeing as things have been rather nuts around here lately, I'll take the boring! :)

Ms. Trixy

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
At this point I am more concerned about function then form....
Quite a valid point. Please lmk when you find it available. I really do need one or two very reliable mods.
I'm thinking of hunting down another VZone Cultura in the graffiti colors, too.

Been trying to close those shopping tabs today but they refuse to close, dammit!
Got a few pics for vape mail and I'm working on a large surprise package for an avid hardware collector we all know. How fun!
Time for music and packing! (9pm here)

ajvapes

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Quite a valid point. Please lmk when you find it available. I really do need one or two very reliable mods.

Been trying to close those shopping tabs today but they refuse to close, dammit!
Got a few pics for vape mail and I'm working on a large surprise package for an avid hardware collector we all know. How fun!

I am expecting Labor day sales to be huge this year...

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Placed another of those middle-of-the-night orders. From iVapeSupply, got a VC X1 RDA in stainless and a VC Glacier RDA in copper, plus a couple of drip tips for a Super Tank Mini.

The RDAs are for an experiment I am about to undertake using some larger coils and higher watts. Just for shits and giggles, but might learn something interesting. :)

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Placed another of those middle-of-the-night orders. From iVapeSupply, got a VC X1 RDA in stainless and a VC Glacier RDA in copper, plus a couple of drip tips for a Super Tank Mini.

The RDAs are for an experiment I am about to undertake using some larger coils and higher watts. Just for shits and giggles, but might learn something interesting. :)
Yea don't forget the "caramb"isms. If it ain't 90+ watts, you're wrong.

Sent from a pile of wood chips

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Yea don't forget the "caramb"isms. If it ain't 90+ watts, you're wrong.

But I will never have not-tried-it. The point being. There are some things I am willing to try, just in case I'm wrong, because most of us know we aren't omniscient. Most, but not all. Right, my friend?

ajvapes

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
-
But I will never have not-tried-it. The point being. There are some things I am willing to try, just in case I'm wrong, because most of us know we aren't omniscient. Most, but not all. Right, my friend?

I am not going to start a flame war. To each, their own ... After 45 years of stinkies , my taste buds go on strike if I vape hot. I taste nothing, but warm the flavor explodes. so for me anything over 75 watts is a waste of energy.. It only took me 5 years to learn this. I must be a slow learner....:devil:

gadget!

"The Trader"
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT
VU Patreon
I am not going to start a flame war. To each, their own ... After 45 years of stinkies , my taste buds go on strike if I vape hot. I taste nothing, but warm the flavor explodes. so for me anything over 75 watts is a waste of energy.. It only took me 5 years to learn this. I must be a slow learner....
I'm the same way, I normally vape at around 55 watts on a regulated mod.

Tornadoalleydeb

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon

Do you by chance have one or two nice Mech mods? You may want to consider getting a couple just in case it really gets to be impossible to get stuff soon. I mean I would suppose there will always be modders out there, but well, who knows. Only a suggestion. Don't be afraid of them. Plenty of us here to help you learn how to use them safely. Heck, @bx10r, @gadget! and others got me up and running and now I never have to worry about not having a mod that works. :) Those will ALWAYS work!

Ms. Trixy

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
Do you by chance have one or two nice Mech mods? You may want to consider getting a couple just in case it really gets to be impossible to get stuff soon. I mean I would suppose there will always be modders out there, but well, who knows. Only a suggestion. Don't be afraid of them. Plenty of us here to help you learn how to use them safely. Heck, @bx10r, @gadget! and others got me up and running and now I never have to worry about not having a mod that works. :) Those will ALWAYS work!
I've always been afraid of them. But I suppose I should get at least one. Any recommendations for a first time mech?
@gadget! ? If you have a mech you're not using would you PM me please? ? :confused:

Last edited:

Ms. Trixy

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
Deb! You're a doll! I've always been scared because I never looked into it and thought I'd be a nusince asking for help.

Oh, that looks really nice and simple! I'll look it up.

I'm the same way, I normally vape at around 55 watts on a regulated mod.
40-50 watts, 225 deg C, TC , single coils.....
Yeah. That's me, too. 48-57 typically. 0.17-.50Ω N80. I don't care for very warm vapes either. Too high, I lose flavor and singe my taste buds, too.
I've only got 1 RDA, the 22mm Freakshow Mini which I haven't used in eons. Got some Kylin Minis and an Avacado.
I need all new 18650s. I've got Vapcell Gold 21700s and a couple of AVB 21700. I understand 30T for mechs?

Last edited:

Tornadoalleydeb

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I've always been afraid of them. But I suppose I should get at least one. Any recommendations for a first time mech?
@gadget! ? If you have a mech you're not using would you PM me please? ? :confused:
No need to be scared. I mean I was at first also but I am so glad I now have like a ton of them. For a first time user I would say don't get a hybrid. Not yet anyway. After you are more comfortable with them. Get one that has a standard 510 pin. Would you like me to look and see what I have too. I have quite a few in my vapepocalypse suitcase :) I think @gadget! has mostly hybrid mech's but you never know.

Tornadoalleydeb

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Deb! You're a doll! I've always been scared because I never looked into it and thought I'd be a nusince asking for help.

Yeah. That's me, too. 48-57 typically. 0.17-.50Ω N80. I don't care for very warm vapes either. Too high, I lose flavor and singe my taste buds, too.
I've only got 1 RDA, the 22mm Freakshow Mini which I haven't used in eons. Got some Kylin Minis and an Avacado.
I need all new 18650s. I've got Vapcell Gold 21700s and a couple of AVB 21700. I understand 30T for mechs?
Oh hang on a sec, do you build? That or are you comfortable enough installing pre-made coils? You can not use a subohm tank on a mech. Well, you can, but ONLY if the 510 pin protrudes past the threads. There may be some PnP tanks that do. Things have changed over the years. We will help you be safe, I promise.

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Oh hang on a sec, do you build? That or are you comfortable enough installing pre-made coils? You can not use a subohm tank on a mech. Well, you can, but ONLY if the 510 pin protrudes past the threads. There may be some PnP tanks that do. Things have changed over the years. We will help you be safe, I promise.

If she buys non-hybrid mechs, tanks are fine.

Ms. Trixy

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
No need to be scared. I mean I was at first also but I am so glad I now have like a ton of them. For a first time user I would say don't get a hybrid. Not yet anyway. After you are more comfortable with them. Get one that has a standard 510 pin. Would you like me to look and see what I have too. I have quite a few in my vapepocalypse suitcase :) I think @gadget! has mostly hybrid mech's but you never know.
I already know not to do a hybrid. I don't have any RDAs except that Freakshow. The Avacado, too. I wasn't sure about using a tank. Thanks @nadalama ! And yes, I've been using pre-made coils. I have a spool of Clapton and N80. A spool of 26ga kanthal, too. The first time I was building I used kanthal but didn't think I was getting enough oomph and flavor.

How kind of you to offer to look at your mech inventory! Sure! If I try more than one mech I think I'd be more comfortable using them vs. only having one and being scared to buy another. ?

You all are awesome!

EDIT: I prefer RTAs over RDAs. I don't drip. But, maybe it's time I gave it an earnest effort.

Last edited:

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I already know not to do a hybrid. I don't have any RDAs except that Freakshow. The Avacado, too. I wasn't sure about using a tank. Thanks @nadalama ! And yes, I've been using pre-made coils. I have a spool of Clapton and N80. A spool of 26ga kanthal, too. The first time I was building I used kanthal but didn't think I was getting enough oomph and flavor.

How kind of you to offer to look at your mech inventory! Sure! If I try more than one mech I think I'd be more comfortable using them vs. only having one and being scared to buy another.

You all are awesome!

EDIT: I prefer RTAs over RDAs. I don't drip. But, maybe it's time I gave it an earnest effort.
Pretty sure broadside mechs have a non hybrid top. Also the Blackhawk mech has a non hybrid top

Don29palms

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Unlisted Vendor

Use code RXMM at checkout $19.90
This is a decent non hybrid mech mod. The website says in stock.

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Pretty sure broadside mechs have a non hybrid top. Also the Blackhawk mech has a non hybrid top

This Broadside is non-hybrid and on sale for stupid cheap:

The Brizo and the Nashed Admiral, iirc, are hybrid.

Tornadoalleydeb

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon

How kind of you to offer to look at your mech inventory! Sure! If I try more than one mech I think I'd be more comfortable using them vs. only having one and being scared to buy another. ?

You all are awesome!

I will have a look tonight and see what I have in my stash for you. Don't run out and spend a bunch of money just yet. Let's see what I can come up with first :) Broadside is a nice one though. @nadalama is correct

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Many of the newer RTAs out there minus some China made ones all have safe to use on direct to battery mech mods.

I would rather know/see the RTAs you want to use and either say yay or nay on it being safe to use on DtB mechs.

DtB mechs are in such abundance, be a shame to eliminate them due to fear.

Show us, let us mech heads out your fears to rest.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

VU Sponsors