Become a Patron!

What did you do today that is vape related?

Tornadoalleydeb

Vaping whilst slaying dragons in the land of Tyria
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Many of the newer RTAs out there minus some China made ones all have safe to use on direct to battery mech mods.

I would rather know/see the RTAs you want to use and either say yay or nay on it being safe to use on DtB mechs.

DtB mechs are in such abundance, be a shame to eliminate them due to fear.

Show us, let us mech heads out your fears to rest.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I absolutely agree @~Don~ Only reason I suggested a non hybrid, was for her first. Possibly it is just me, but using a hybrid at first, there was always that tiny bit of fear in the back of my head. Enough though, where I did not want to use mechs at all. Got a non-hybrid and once I got a bit more comfortable, I then picked my hybrid's back up and started using them. Then, I bought more!!! :)

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
The only risks is not being knowledgeable imo.

The newer DtB mechs imo are safer than ones with a floating 510 in my opinion. Pretty much if your 510 sticks past the negative threads... the constant contact auto adjusts battery tension.

The older ones you have to adjust said 510 to battery connection and then deal with the proper tension.

Ms. Trixy

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
The only risks is not being knowledgeable imo.
The newer DtB mechs imo are safer than ones with a floating 510 in my opinion. Pretty much if your 510 sticks past the negative threads... the constant contact auto adjusts battery tension.
The older ones you have to adjust said 510 to battery connection and then deal with the proper tension.
Thanks you VERY much, Don!
Currently use: Kylin Minis, adjustable 510, single coil. - Gear RTA, adj. 510, single.
Have but not using now: Avacado 24, adj. 510,dual.
That's it. I sold my other RTAs without even trying them.

To stay with the purpose of this thread, I still have those damn tabs open. I found the Pioneer4you IPV V3 Mini Auto-Squonk Pod System Kit for $12.99 yesterday and let it sit too long. Sold. I now found it for $14.99. I like the look of it with a mini RDA as the pod. Tony's review disclosed that it hums the whole time you're pressing the fire button but Nick really likes it and has a vid on how to fine tune it. Still interested in it. Pod/rdas are 2 for about $3.50. I found the juice containers 3/$4 but sold out. Anyone try it? I'm really interested.

AND I packed up 3 parcels today. I am DONE selling my old stuff!!! This is a major achievement for me! I've had that stuff since 2016. It's like a huge weight has been lifted from me! Yippeeeee! No more full shelves and tripping on boxes!

Last edited:

Tornadoalleydeb

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Use code RXMM at checkout $19.90
This is a decent non hybrid mech mod. The website says in stock.
Yep and I have one so I sent her a pic of it and I have a coilart squonk that's would be a good starter squonk I think. I mean sure there are better but for a starter............Good call @Don29palms

Tornadoalleydeb

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Mailed out some Alien Coils, and cleaned and tested a new Mech mod... which is now resting in my desk drawer.
awww not a keeper. I'm sorry. I hate that! There have been a lot I have gotten that now sit. Different reasons ( fire button a bitch for me to push usually )

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
awww not a keeper. I'm sorry. I hate that! There have been a lot I have gotten that now sit. Different reasons ( fire button a bitch for me to push usually )

Well... it’s missing a RDA... which is on its way (Valhalla 28 Black)

I really don’t like the switch, its got stuck a few times already, and I end up locking it .

I rotate mods in my hand, old habit to not always put pressure on buttons at one place, and a few times already I go to hit the button and nada... damn thing is locked.

The switch housing cover I think I’ll end up filing a bevel on the inner edge...

The button catches that cap edge if I press the button off center.

It’s not an awful mod, but it’s not a must have for anyone.

Tornadoalleydeb

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Well... it’s missing a RDA... which is on its way (Valhalla 28 Black)

I really don’t like the switch, its got stuck a few times already, and I end up locking it .

I rotate mods in my hand, old habit to not always put pressure on buttons at one place, and a few times already I go to hit the button and nada... damn thing is locked.

The switch housing cover I think I’ll end up filing a bevel on the inner edge...

The button catches that cap edge if I press the button off center.

It’s not an awful mod, but it’s not a must have for anyone.

Well, I bet you will get it fixed, you're pretty good with that sort of stuff

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Well, I bet you will get it fixed, you're pretty good with that sort of stuff

I'm just ultra knit picky... its a decent mech, Vdrop is better than most mods Mooch has tested, especially 21700 specific... if the switch housing cap was 4mm longer, I wouldn't have any complaints... well I would, but they are minor.

Ms. Trixy

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
I ordered another Odin Mini before the shit hits the fan....Noticed Dovpo is releasing an Odin 100, same case as the mini w/ a dovpo board for about $75
This posted 15 min ago:

ajvapes

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
This posted 15 min ago:
At this point I own 9 recent Dovpo mods......they should make me a beta tester......

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I am not going to start a flame war. To each, their own ... After 45 years of stinkies , my taste buds go on strike if I vape hot. I taste nothing, but warm the flavor explodes. so for me anything over 75 watts is a waste of energy.. It only took me 5 years to learn this. I must be a slow learner....:devil:
I am not going to start a flame war either, but if I wanted to vape below 75 watts, I would have to decrease the size of my choice of atomizers in order to counteract the diluted flavor resulting from getting a weaker vape, i.e. getting not enough vapor production to match the chamber size of a typical 24mm or 25mm RDA for DTL vaping. The reason why you are a slow learner indeed is in the obvious fact that the speed of inhalation, the coil size and number of coils, the total surface area of the coil(s), the speed of evaporation, and the juice adsorption speed resulting from numerous tiny cavities and crevasses between the wire strands that are interlinked trhrough which juice can flow in a complex coil build all also play a part when it comes to getting a hot vape vs only warm vape. I hate getting a hot vape as much as you do. Only difference, I am capable to achieve a warm, not hot, vape with as high as 230 watts of power or even higher than that, and am capable to achieve it merely by tweaking the various other parameters. So, if it took you 5 years to still not have learned this, then, me and countless others like me are all the evidence you need to conclude that you are a VERY slow learner. Still not going to start a flame war, but... just for the sake of fairness, it took me less than one month to learn it.
:fyi:

ajvapes

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I am not going to start a flame war either, but if I wanted to vape below 75 watts, I would have to decrease the size of my choice of atomizers in order to counteract the diluted flavor resulting from getting a weaker vape, i.e. getting not enough vapor production to match the chamber size of a typical 24mm or 25mm RDA for DTL vaping. The reason why you are a slow learner indeed is in the obvious fact that the speed of inhalation, the coil size and number of coils, the total surface area of the coil(s), the speed of evaporation, and the juice adsorption speed resulting from numerous tiny cavities and crevasses between the wire strands that are interlinked trhrough which juice can flow in a complex coil build all also play a part when it comes to getting a hot vape vs only warm vape. I hate getting a hot vape as much as you do. Only difference, I am capable to achieve a warm, not hot, vape with as high as 230 watts of power or even higher than that, and am capable to achieve it merely by tweaking the various other parameters. So, if it took you 5 years to still not have learned this, then, me and countless others like me are all the evidence you need to conclude that you are a VERY slow learner. Still not going to start a flame war, but... just for the sake of fairness, it took me less than one month to learn it.
Again to each their own, let me know when you get to 500 watts....:bomb::bomb::bomb::bomb::bomb::popcorn:

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Some people just don't want plumes of vapor Cumming out of their mouth unlike you. And before you think I made a typo I meant to spell it that way. Because you suck dick and have loads of cum oozing from your mouth. Spewing that you don't know shit because I didn't say you're doing it correctly bullshit.

Oh and you missed a typo in your post. Guess God made two mistakes. He made you and fucked up your ability to spell check

Sent from a pile of wood chips

ajvapes

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Some people just don't want plumes of vapor Cumming out of their mouth unlike you. And before you think I made a typo I meant to spell it that way. Because you suck dick and have loads of cum oozing from your mouth. Spewing that you don't know shit because I didn't say you're doing it correctly bullshit.

Oh and you missed a typo in your post. Guess God made two mistakes. He made you and fucked up your ability to spell check

stay calm, relax ... My doctors order

gadget!

"The Trader"
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT
VU Patreon
Getting interesting now...
eead13eadf58a56f40d19309a353c07f.jpg

Sent from a Galaxy far far away

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Again to each their own, let me know when you get to 500 watts....:bomb::bomb::bomb::bomb::bomb::popcorn:
This isn't about "to each their own". Rather, this is just you trying to make an impression. An impression, based solely on the fact you decided not to learn something which many other people did learn. Learning how it's possible the fact one can achieve a warm, not hot, vape at such high wattage levels isn't the same as judging on others by refusing to learn, or by being incapable to learn. You got a hot vape. Next, you wrongfully assumed that this hot vape can not be turned into a warm vape any other way than lowering the wattage. Ergo, you goofed, and, you informed us that you didn't want to start a flamewar over the fact you goofed. So, congratulations on that...

ajvapes

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
This isn't about "to each their own". Rather, this is just you trying to make an impression. An impression, based solely on the fact you decided not to learn something which many other people did learn. Learning how it's possible the fact one can achieve a warm, not hot, vape at such high wattage levels isn't the same as judging on others by refusing to learn, or by being incapable to learn. You got a hot vape. Next, you wrongfully assumed that this hot vape can not be turned into a warm vape any other way than lowering the wattage. Ergo, you goofed, and, you informed us that you didn't want to start a flamewar over the fact you goofed. So, congratulations on that...
I was going to argue with you but I don't argue with assholes. So you are right Carambra God of all vapors . King of clouds Baron of bullshit and Legend of own mind. Nice speaking withyou and FUCK-OFF.

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Some people just don't want plumes of vapor Cumming out of their mouth unlike you.
Where in my posts did you see me claim that everyone who vapes should be wanting big clouds?
And before you think I made a typo I meant to spell it that way. Because you suck dick and have loads of cum oozing from your mouth. Spewing that you don't know shit because I didn't say you're doing it correctly bullshit.
Are you a homosexual? Usually when a man talks words like that it is because he is a homosexual, but please don't worry... we still love you all the same. :)
The reason I don't spell check is I don't have OCD. Do you?
Looks like you have a chip on your shoulder.

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I was going to argue with you but I don't argue with assholes. So you are right Carambra God of all vapors . King of clouds Baron of bullshit and Legend of own mind. Nice speaking withyou and FUCK-OFF.
Seek professional help and get well soon.

ProlineVaper

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
VU Patreon
Ordered more flavors from BCF...just reup what I recently had come in... tried a recipe in small 15ml bottles, liked it enough purchased 4oz bottles

Then ordered a cheap mech

81e8c7d4524a75695d799d218698afed.jpg

I liked the way it looked

Let me.know what you think of the Heavy Hitter when you get it. I've been looking at them for a while now, but cant make up my mind. Maybe a short review might help...

Sent from my LGL722DL using Tapatalk

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Where in my posts did you see me claim that everyone who vapes should be wanting big clouds?

Are you a homosexual? Usually when a man talks words like that it is because he is a homosexual, but please don't worry... we still love you all the same. :)

The reason I don't spell check is I don't have OCD. Do you?

Looks like you have a chip on your shoulder.
Your claim for everyone to want big clouds is in every post you make. Under 90 watts is anemic, mtl vapes are anemic.

Hell YOU TOLD A NEW MEMBER the other day to GO BACK TO SMOKING to lower their juice consumption. Who the fuck really does that. The thing is, we all did learn exactly what we needed to for OUR vape style. That's the part you can't comprehend. Once again just like the rules of the forum. To be so fucking smart you're one stupid motherfucker. Comprehend YOUR vape style is not like everyone else. You do your vape style how you see fit. But I have never gotten an anemic vape from anything I've built to vape with. We don't need aeronautical science degrees to run a fucking smoking cessation device.

bx10r

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Let me.know what you think of the Heavy Hitter when you get it. I've been looking at them for a while now, but cant make up my mind. Maybe a short review might help...

I like it...

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

shawn.hoefer

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
@gadget! Ill take a bag..maybe 2..light butter please

Thats because you are stupid and don't know any better. Popcorn must be eaten with lots of butter and salt. If prepared properly, the kernels won't even get soggy. And don't go using that fake butter crap or low sodium salts and that phony [fill in the blank] powdered flavoring... it just makes the popcorn gummy.

While you're at it @gadget! I'll take a large bag... lots of butter and real salt... no soggy kernels!

LOL

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

bx10r

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thats because you are stupid and don't know any better. Popcorn must be eaten with lots of butter and salt. If prepared properly, the kernels won't even get soggy. And don't go using that fake butter crap or low sodium salts and that phony [fill in the blank] powdered flavoring... it just makes the popcorn gummy.

While you're at it @gadget! I'll take a large bag... lots of butter and real salt... no soggy kernels!

LOL

Stupid? Hmmmm...

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Every popcorn expert knows that the BEST way to pop it is with COCONUT OIL.

Lotta times you won't even need butter, but if you do, put that on afterwards! AND use the finest salt you can get your hands on.

Gotta be real butter, though.

Try it. Coconut oil. Seriously.

shawn.hoefer

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years

Lotta times you won't even need butter, but if you do, put that on afterwards! AND use the finest salt you can get your hands on.

No! Lard. Regular, old fashioned rendered pig fat!!

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years

I agree - coconut oil is wonderful for popcorn - but avocado oil pops it in a spectacular manner

And yeah, I'll have a the jumbo size

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Replacing this black and white ijoy with the gold. The black took a crap just a few minutes ago. Was lit up longer than normal. Looked and it had run up to max wattage and the down button isn't working properly. Got it used a while back so no biggie. But as we all know. Keep a back up. And thank you @nadalama for this one. Perfect timing.

Now I have an excuse to buy another back up. Or a really nice one, and make this the back up
Edit: now that I'm using the new one I noticed there was a big delay the last couple hits I took before the wattage went up.
8ddbe3eedcd74937290fad8d2a8bd0e0.jpg

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years

It’s not a heavy hitter, and needs to ole clean China’s half assed oxidized copper machining.

And the switch wobbles, springs in the switch are shit, and has a hot button issue.

I remedied most the issues but the wobble, there is no fixing that.

Really curious to what mooch was speaking of when he said it had 0.8w loss but 2-4w new and needed breaking in?

His video is out for his patreons but not us plebs yet...

gadget!

"The Trader"
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT
VU Patreon
It’s not a heavy hitter, and needs to ole clean China’s half assed oxidized copper machining.

And the switch wobbles, springs in the switch are shit, and has a hot button issue.

I remedied most the issues but the wobble, there is no fixing that.

Really curious to what mooch was speaking of when he said it had 0.8w loss but 2-4w new and needed breaking in?

His video is out for his patreons but not us plebs yet...

@~Don~ I've read your posts tearing this mod down since you got it, I wonder if you got a lemon or something.
I've had mine for 5 days now and love it!
No hot button issues, no wobbly button, and it hits about as hard as any other good mech that I have and I haven't done a thing to it.
I know of two other people that have them and they aren't having the trouble you seem to be having either.
My only complaint (not really a complaint, more of a preference) is that I wish it had a recessed fire button as well. It's not a problem to me, the spring is stuff enough that it doesn't fire when set down, and it's easily locked with a little over ¼ of a turn of the fire button.

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
@~Don~ I've read your posts tearing this mod down since you got it, I wonder if you got a lemon or something.
I've had mine for 5 days now and love it!
No hot button issues, no wobbly button, and it hits about as hard as any other good mech that I have and I haven't done a thing to it.
I know of two other people that have them and they aren't having the trouble you seem to be having either.
My only complaint (not really a complaint, more of a preference) is that I wish it had a recessed fire button as well. It's not a problem to me, the spring is stuff enough that it doesn't fire when set down, and it's easily locked with a little over ¼ of a turn of the fire button.

Not a lemon, just a mediocre mech.

It hits fine, harder than the Viking Grip... it was just filthy... Chinese copper is always filthy.

That switch is wobbly, not the housing, but the button itself... and just annoying

I pulled the Valhalla off and put the Asgard back on and it’s vaping ok... haven’t had a hot button or failure to fire since... could totally be the Valhalla

I’ll monkey with it tomorrow.

b306f44eb74971709fefa5350eac1d4a.jpg

I’ll finger it out

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Your claim for everyone to want big clouds is in every post you make.
Incorrect.
Under 90 watts is anemic, mtl vapes are anemic.
There are a lot of people out there who want their vape to be anemic. Be it because they don't understand the difference as they never tried to compare, or simply because it's easy to fall victim to unfair comparisons, like, using the kind of vaping setup or combination of factors that cripples it to the extent that it can not be called representative of the vaping style in question, and this applies to all vaping styles BTW─though not equally so. Or some other reason that they're not necessarily always willing to publicly disclose on a forum. Some, I presume, might actually also be lying about whatever the reasons may be. If something feels to me like it is anemic, at least I have the honesty to call it that. Why should we mince words, when every normal person already knows beforehand that the description of how a certain kind of vape feels is by mere definition always subjective, as it is based on one's own personal experiences? Do I really need to explain to you the fact I am talking about my own? If your answer to the latter question is yes, then you're even stupider than I thought.
Hell YOU TOLD A NEW MEMBER the other day to GO BACK TO SMOKING to lower their juice consumption. Who the fuck really does that.
I dunno. People who understand jokes maybe?
The thing is, we all did learn exactly what we needed to for OUR vape style. That's the part you can't comprehend.
The thing is you sound like you don't even know what YOUR vape style factually is. You're too silly to learn what might be necessary to be able to properly compare vape styles, or maybe you're just being a nazi about it... maybe you wish the whole subject of what might be necessary to be able to properly compare vape styles was verboten? Either way, you're not helping anyone by perpetually avoiding that particular subject, by being always frantic about it in this manner. As for the reason you are frantic about it... just let me guess. Is it because mostly you are clueless about that particular subject? Am I close, or?
Once again just like the rules of the forum. To be so fucking smart you're one stupid motherfucker. Comprehend YOUR vape style is not like everyone else. You do your vape style how you see fit. But I have never gotten an anemic vape from anything I've built to vape with. We don't need aeronautical science degrees to run a fucking smoking cessation device.
About that anemic adjective. Do you even understand what the word means? The harder you keep trying to convince me with your hollow statements re aeronautical science, the more you sound to me like you really are just clueless. A fairly recent study has shown that the number of smokers who were successful switching completely to vaping over a 1 year period was barely 18%. Applying a bit of aeronautical science to airflow characteristics in vaping can, and does, make a profound difference between getting a hot vape and a vape that is only just warm. Had everyone known about this in more detail, think about how that might have impacted the 18% number in that fairly recent study that I mentioned above.
You still have a chip on your shoulder, don't you? Am I close again? I have a feeling that I might be getting pretty close. I can smell it. Likely I am amazingly very close.

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Incorrect.

There are a lot of people out there who want their vape to be anemic. Be it because they don't understand the difference as they never tried to compare, or simply because it's easy to fall victim to unfair comparisons, like, using the kind of vaping setup or combination of factors that cripples it to the extent that it can not be called representative of the vaping style in question, and this applies to all vaping styles BTW─though not equally so. Or some other reason that they're not necessarily always willing to publicly disclose on a forum. Some, I presume, might actually also be lying about whatever the reasons may be. If something feels to me like it is anemic, at least I have the honesty to call it that. Why should we mince words, when every normal person already knows beforehand that the description of how a certain kind of vape feels is by mere definition always subjective, as it is based on one's own personal experiences? Do I really need to explain to you the fact I am talking about my own? If your answer to the latter question is yes, then you're even stupider than I thought.

I dunno. People who understand jokes maybe?

The thing is you sound like you don't even know what YOUR vape style factually is. You're too silly to learn what might be necessary to be able to properly compare vape styles, or maybe you're just being a nazi about it... maybe you wish the whole subject of what might be necessary to be able to properly compare vape styles was verboten? Either way, you're not helping anyone by perpetually avoiding that particular subject, by being always frantic about it in this manner. As for the reason you are frantic about it... just let me guess. Is it because mostly you are clueless about that particular subject? Am I close, or?

About that anemic adjective. Do you even understand what the word means? The harder you keep trying to convince me with your hollow statements re aeronautical science, the more you sound to me like you really are just clueless. A fairly recent study has shown that the number of smokers who were successful switching completely to vaping over a 1 year period was barely 18%. Applying a bit of aeronautical science to airflow characteristics in vaping can, and does, make a profound difference between getting a hot vape and a vape that is only just warm. Had everyone known about this in more detail, think about how that might have impacted the 18% number in that fairly recent study that I mentioned above.

You still have a chip on your shoulder, don't you? Am I close again? I have a feeling that I might be getting pretty close. I can smell it. Likely I am amazingly very close.

You should just go back to pulling your pud to internet filth and give us decent vapers a break

Screen Shot 2020-08-05 at 4.41.30 PM.png

Last edited:

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
First, only assholes look down on people for the jobs they do to earn a living

I'm a entrepreneur who retired early to Hawaii you self-righteous wanker

@MrMeowgi was almost right

A quick google search of your moniker reveals mostly selfies, and I don't mean taking pictures of yourself :giggle:

Last edited:

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Here's what I did today that is vape related: Googled Caramwhateverhisname is

It was waaaaaaayyyy more revealing than I anticipated and we all learned he is too dumb to use an different moniker for porno

VU Sponsors