Become a Patron!

What did you do today that is vape related?

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Today, all I've done is charge some batteries, but I need to mix just a little, too. Also need to wrap a coil, one of mine is being weird. I'd send some to Deb, but I use simple round wire builds, I don't know how to do those fancy ones she uses. I'd also be willing to be she gets some PM's from out coils gurus.

Tornadoalleydeb

Vaping whilst slaying dragons in the land of Tyria
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I had a few folks email me on good places to get them and that is very appreciated and thank you so much for your offer. That's very thoughtful of you. I can do the round wire wraps okay. It's trying to wrap the thicker wire around the jig that is a bit tough for me right now. 3rd world problem ey? lol I will order a couple of those variety packs for the time being. I finally will get my injections end of Sept ( as long as nothing changes ) so I am fine and will survive :)
Oh and mine are nowhere near fancy smanchy but they do.

Vape Fan

_evil twin_
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Searching for pre made coils that don't cost a fortune but are still decent. Any suggestions? My hands are just toast until I get my injections the end of Sept. Tia
If you like SS, 50% off code 50off - free ship @$30 but shipping is reasonable.
They had some N80 aliens but they must be sold out.

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Re wicked tanks, setup the Aegis Boost I got in the mail this week, oh and cried when my puppy knocked my bronze kroma-r off the door step onto the side walk, luckily only a few light scratches on it, and lucky for him he is cute.

View attachment 167911
Sorry about your mod, but the cuteness of that dog! I want to snuggle the puppy.

Y'all behave...

bx10r

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I made it cloudy
133b4235cb98f2541e32c1f539b6f461.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Ms. Trixy

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
Re wicked tanks, setup the Aegis Boost I got in the mail this week, oh and cried when my puppy knocked my bronze kroma-r off the door step onto the side walk, luckily only a few light scratches on it, and lucky for him he is cute.

View attachment 167911
Aw, damn Nailz! He's so cute! And he'll be a good lookin' boy when he's grown. I miss my boxer. We'll get one in the next couple years. Rosie is too selfish gettin' love from the two of us.

Last edited:

ProlineVaper

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
VU Patreon
Sat on the front porch trying to convince myself I should put down the Dreamer and mow the grass... Oh well, let me dream of Berry Rush clouds coming from my form of Isolation, because obviously I have a Deathwish when the wife gets home and the grass ain't cut.

VAPE ON, LIVE LONG!
44e076e63f47a9708e990a757968c051.jpg

Sent from my LGL722DL using Tapatalk

Just Frank

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I found my missing Maxus 100W and Kylin M today. I thought I'd lost it outside somewhere during a commotion a few weeks ago. One of my cats snuck in a closet and tipped it over. I found it on the ground under a Wal-Mart bag. I was angry when it disappeared and ordered another Kylin M the next day. I was happy to see it wasn't actually lost forever though.

I rewick'd (rewicked?) I don't know how to spell the past tense of wicking something lol. I read "wicked" as like something evil or wicked ya know? Anyways I did that to a few atomizers that were not so hot on flavor anymore. Switched out the coil in my Aromamizer Lite and it's doing really well. Flavor is awesome with that thing. I used a N80 alien 3x28/38, 5 wraps on a 3mm jig and cut the legs at 4mm. .32Ω

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
nothing personal but brass atties taste like crap to me.
Had a couple and piffed them out.
Also had a cheap squonker with brass squonk tube. trashed that. Owl?

Look cool though.

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
I ordered some juice from ejuice(dot)steals today.
I wanted to get some nic salt for the pod devices.
They had some for $2.99 a 30ml with a 25% off code.
after priority shipping it ended up being about $28 for nine 30ml's so about $3 each.
That certainly beats the usual $15+ for a 30ml of nic salt eliquid

ColdDayInHell

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
IME violent spitback can in many cases be avoided by trying a numer of other tweaks first before jumping to the early conclusion that going for different coils is always the most feasible option. If the coils are Nichrome 80, you can dry fire the coils repetitively over the course of multiple dry firing sessions giving everything the time it needs between sessions to cool sufficiently back down again so that nothing gets overheated in the process... rub a few drops of water around the side of the build deck from time to time just to be sure, if necessary. If you tend to wick up your coils fairly lightly, I suggest using a bit more cotton on the inside of the coils (and still be able to somewhat thin out the tails after, by very gently pulling loose fibers out from the trimmed edges and then finally trimming them an additional time). Another thing is the airflow setting. By closing off two rows of airflow holes (pic below) you can get the type of moderate restrictiveness that, in cohort with fairly powerful fast pulls lasting only about 2 seconds or less, creates enough underpressure inside the chamber to get the jets of air to shoot straight in and slam right into the coils forcefully enough that the coils don't overheat despite aiming for higher wattages. Doing this can not only transform a seriously too hot vape into a normal, warm, vape. It can actually even also help to get spitback under control especially when taking all the aforementioned factors also adequately into account. For reasons that are obvious, however, not everyone likes to use powerful fast inhalation techniques. Just that, if you, like me, have the─and I will apologize for the fact I'm doing it on purpose once again like usual─cojones to give that a shot, then you might be in for a pleasant surprise. Or you might not... ?

View attachment 167675

Quad core 26/36 Ni80 aliens at 3mm ID dual coil = .08 ohms, or kicking around 168 watts:

View attachment 167674
They’re SS. I’ve tried tons of RDAs and none spit like this one. I swear it’s the coils being so close. I’ll try smaller coils for the hell of it before stuffing it back into the box. :p

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
They’re SS. I’ve tried tons of RDAs and none spit like this one. I swear it’s the coils being so close. I’ll try smaller coils for the hell of it before stuffing it back into the box. :p
Can you use an adapter and a wide bore 510 DT on it?
I hate 810 DT's on RDA's.
Or RDA with no DT. Did not like the Wasp Nano until I started using wide bore 510 tips on it. spitback.

Could just be me though? ;)

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Well as you can see in the pic I posted, my coils are also close. Despite this, I'm not getting any spitback, but that's with a totally different build than the build that you have, and, I never use SS because Ni80 is much more durable IME, it ramps up faster, it cools down faster, I'm not allergic to nickel, I don't get a metallic taste from it if I dry fire the coils before the first use till they glow red-orange for a few seconds. The vape I get from the build in that pic is actually a true warm vape so SS is not needed to be able to achieve that, either. And the flavor performance from this particular setup is nothing short of outstanding.

Lady Sarah

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Spitback is the main reason I despise short drip tips. Longer ones tend to eliminate that problem as the spit tends to not travel that far. That being said, longer drip tips are getting much harder to find nowadays.

Today, I prepared to rebuild the deck on one of my Limitless rdtas, and the thing was stuck where I could not get the deck off, or get the pin back in. Instead, I went back to rebuilding my IJOY RDTA COMBO2 and putting the drip tip on that.

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Spitback is the main reason I despise short drip tips. Longer ones tend to eliminate that problem as the spit tends to not travel that far. That being said, longer drip tips are getting much harder to find nowadays.

Today, I prepared to rebuild the deck on one of my Limitless rdtas, and the thing was stuck where I could not get the deck off, or get the pin back in. Instead, I went back to rebuilding my IJOY RDTA COMBO2 and putting the drip tip on that.
The only reason why I did put a normal height drip tip on my Asgard Mini RDA is, with that coil build that I use in it, a low profile drip tip burns the inside of my lips, not because there's spitback (there isn't), but because a low profile drip tip causes the vapor to hit the inside of my lips. The moment when the vapor hits the inside of my mouth it has already cooled down enough, though... so then it's a true warm vape, as opposed to being a hot vape.

Ms. Trixy

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
I've been closing out vendor carts today. Expensive day! Both for hardware and eliquid. I gotta quit finding deals and then looking for a deal to beat that deal. By the time I go back to the original deal they're sold out! Someone slap me.

Asmodus is still having their insane sale but this time it's 55% off! I'm putting my second order in as I write this. I racked up $10 in points.

jcash74

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Are there some good juice sales to stock up on or is it hit and miss untill time gets closer?

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Until time gets close? umm 7 days now.
Although I do not expect immediate near total shutdown by FDA

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Are there some good juice sales to stock up on or is it hit and miss untill time gets closer?

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk
Local Vape has a 60% off deal going in their clearance section. Lots of juice in there. I can't say if it's good stuff, or not, since I haven't bought juice in a while.

Code SEP60

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Made a cart at ejuicesteals.com. 20 bottles assortment between 60ml and 120ml. $53 shipped. I diy also buy I still like commercial juice. A lot of these are 0mg but I can add my own nic no problem. So will be paying for this in the am.
Was actually 39 for the juice but the more you buy the more shipping costs with them

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I've been closing out vendor carts today. Expensive day! Both for hardware and eliquid. I gotta quit finding deals and then looking for a deal to beat that deal. By the time I go back to the original deal they're sold out! Someone slap me.

Asmodus is still having their insane sale but this time it's 55% off! I'm putting my second order in as I write this. I racked up $10 in points.

Dang it, I thought I wasn't buying anything more...then I see this. Always wanted an Asmodus.
Now who's the enabler? :cheers:

Screenshot from 2020-09-02 15-03-10.png

Pretty bitchin' deal, IMO...thx Ms Trixy!! :shades:

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Packing up for the end of the world. Doesn't look it but this is a barren vape stand. Packing a couple dotsquonks tomorrow but been at this for a few hours now.
The kids are tired of old school Metallica. "Fight fire with fire"
1bb74e1109e989f5de0c57d53a1bf9a4.jpg
f05a4ff969b9eaefeac197ab5dbb0fc9.jpg

Sent from a pile of wood chips

Pastorfuzz

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Packing up for the end of the world. Doesn't look it but this is a barren vape stand. Packing a couple dotsquonks tomorrow but been at this for a few hours now.
The kids are tired of old school Metallica. "Fight fire with fire"
1bb74e1109e989f5de0c57d53a1bf9a4.jpg
f05a4ff969b9eaefeac197ab5dbb0fc9.jpg

1st guy i've seen with a piston on a vape stand

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Just ordered a series disk so I can use two 21700 on my overpowered mod. For the reason of $10 it's not included with the mod. Little shits.

BobsHere

From Wherever
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Hit the button on a couple carts and turned 2 bills into bunch of Yuan...
Think I'm done unless a real cheap clearance comes along.
download.jpeg

Ms. Trixy

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
Searching for pre made coils that don't cost a fortune but are still decent. Any suggestions? My hands are just toast until I get my injections the end of Sept. Tia
I just scored a bunch at VapeWild. 10 coils for $3.99. Single, dual, triple, quad and eight.
I know you don't get your shots until the end of the month. Hopefully they found something they can do for you! :hug:

Lady Sarah

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I just blew over $60 on juice flavorings for DIY because I need that stuff. On a positive note, I ain't buying juice. There have been too many times I have been disappointed, and I am saving a bundle mixing it myself.

Tornadoalleydeb

Vaping whilst slaying dragons in the land of Tyria
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I just scored a bunch at VapeWild. 10 coils for $3.99. Single, dual, triple, quad and eight.
I know you don't get your shots until the end of the month. Hopefully they found something they can do for you! :hug:
I appreciate that but I am not paying them $15 to ship a few coils in a padded envelope. Because they want an adult signature for coils? I could see it if I was getting a mod or juice or something but ya, I'm not doing that nonsense. Thanks for thinking of me though.

VU Sponsors