Become a Patron!

What did you do today that is vape related?

ProlineVaper

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
VU Patreon
Maxed out the rest of my credit cards at last minute online sales. Wife is gonna have my scalp when she sees all the packages rolling in over tje next couple weeks...lol

Had to choose between a Purge and High Roller at Local Vapes. Already have a few Purge mods, so decided on the High Roller.

Now I'm off to find a matching RDA for my new Black Anarchist that came in today. Have a $55 limit though, thanks to all my compulsive spending over the last few days.20200908_171802_HDR.jpg

Ms. Trixy

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
I'm trying to wick my Zeus X Mesh. I bought 10 of these mesh packs that are supposed to be for the X but damn! The cotton is thick! I don't think it's for this atomizer. Have any of you had this issue? I'm going to have to remove some fcotton rom the side to make it work. The screen fits fine.

I'm working on sorting my hardware of what stays and what goes in the box but can't decide what goes! And I ordered 3 Bonza RDAs.

Zeus X Micro Mesh Kit.jpg

Last edited:

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
I'm trying to wick my Zeus X Mesh. I bought these mesh packs that are supposed to be for the X but damn! The cotton is thick! I don't think it's for this atomizer. Have any of you had this issue? I'm going to have to remove some from the side to make it work. The screen fits fine.

I'm working on sorting my hardware of what stays and what goes in the box but can't decide what goes! And I ordered 3 Bonza RDAs.

I just wicked two of them a couple days ago. The threads they send are outrageous.

What I did was took the scissors and cut the cotton almost in half lengthwise, so the cut ends right at one side of the actual plastic wrapper on the end. The piece with the wrapper still attached will fit perfectly once you get it started. Might take a little bit of oomph, but once it gets going it fits right.

After that I left a little over 1/2" of cotton on each side past the edges of the mesh, fanned that out vertically, and trimmed it on the diagonal, leaving it wider at the top and narrower at the bottom. Then just tuck the longer part from the top into the wells on each side. Then douse the hell out of it with liquid.

Ms. Trixy

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
I just wicked two of them a couple days ago. The threads they send are outrageous.

What I did was took the scissors and cut the cotton almost in half lengthwise, so the cut ends right at one side of the actual plastic wrapper on the end. The piece with the wrapper still attached will fit perfectly once you get it started. Might take a little bit of oomph, but once it gets going it fits right.
I'm trying to get a visual of what you said but can't quite grasp what you're saying. Cut lengthwise so the cut ends where?

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
I'm trying to get a visual of what you said but can't quite grasp what you're saying. Cut lengthwise so the cut ends where?

I have no graphics skills on the computer but will see if I can draw it out. Give me a bit please.
Y'all please don't make fun of this. I never have been any good at computer drawing. NOTE: The top drawing will make more sense if you'll look at the bottom drawing first. The intent of this way of wicking is to keep the liquid flowing through the cotton that touches the mesh - the "dry hits from hell" in mesh RDAs come from the cotton that touches the wick drying out, so it's important to direct the e-liquid toward the mesh.
Zeus X Mesh Wicking.jpg

Last edited:

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
do not take this the wrong way...
But I am sure glad I avoided the mesh thing...

In vaping I am more of a KISS type of guy.

although I did buy some sheets of mesh... Not real sure why though ;)

Ms. Trixy

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
I have no graphics skills on the computer but will see if I can draw it out. Give me a bit please.
Y'all please don't make fun of this. I never have been any good at computer drawing. NOTE: The top drawing will make more sense if you'll look at the bottom drawing first. The intent of this way of wicking is to keep the liquid flowing through the cotton that touches the mesh - the "dry hits from hell" in mesh RDAs come from the cotton that touches the wick drying out, so it's important to direct the e-liquid toward the mesh.
View attachment 168590
Different animal same general idea should work for the Geekvape. This is rayon over a plug of cotton on the bottom in the block.
View attachment 168595View attachment 168596View attachment 168597
Thank you both so much great visual reverences! I would have cut it at the wrong angle as I saw in some videos.
Nada, you're drawing is really good. I'm going to print it and put it up on my fridge. ? J/K! J/K!!! It really is helpful. I did save the image.
I would have cut it at the wrong angle. And as far as getting the cotton in, I forgot that I had to press down on the deck. ?
:bliss:
Oh LORDY this is a good vape! I'm vaping Ripe Vapes VCT at 56w and 12mg. I don't have quite enough tucked down and it's a tiny tad juicy. I didn't look for hot spots. Should I have? I took a good 3 rips on it and I was seeing stars. If I still like it in a few hours I'm going to unwrap the red/black and gunmetal and match them with my Red Solo and Camo Solo. Perfect matches.

BobsHere

From Wherever
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Thank you both so much great visual reverences! I would have cut it at the wrong angle as I saw in some videos.
Nada, you're drawing is really good. I'm going to print it and put it up on my fridge. ? J/K! J/K!!! It really is helpful. I did save the image.
I would have cut it at the wrong angle. And as far as getting the cotton in, I forgot that I had to press down on the deck. ?
:bliss:
Oh LORDY this is a good vape! I'm vaping Ripe Vapes VCT at 56w and 12mg. I don't have quite enough tucked down and it's a tiny tad juicy. I didn't look for hot spots. Should I have? I took a good 3 rips on it and I was seeing stars. If I still like it in a few hours I'm going to unwrap the red/black and gunmetal and match them with my Red Solo and Camo Solo. Perfect matches.
12mg at 56 watts would make me puke, lol, Oh lord. I always pulse the mesh a couple times at 20 watts just to make sure it glows even or to burn off gunk for a rewick.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
12mg at 56 watts would make me puke, lol, Oh lord. I always pulse the mesh a couple times at 20 watts just to make sure it glows even or to burn off gunk for a rewick.
Same here been vaping 2.5 mg for a few years now. And at most ~35 watts.

gadget!

"The Trader"
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT
VU Patreon
b12a100b8f2a7e181310b3f2cf4ab8e8.jpg

Sent from a Galaxy far far away

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Made a 8.5” run of 5.28.36 N80 Alien

About to mix up some 40/60 juice for the BB and another 500ml of CWC in max VG

dbe5723a2e323adcd61b118a97909460.jpg

d2c2c9aa5fd0c4bac166f75c49540e41.plist

Debating if this will live on the Asgard Series deck and Saga or in the Valhalla and Odin250C when that arrives

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just Frank

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I'm trying to wick my Zeus X Mesh. I bought 10 of these mesh packs that are supposed to be for the X but damn! The cotton is thick! I don't think it's for this atomizer. Have any of you had this issue? I'm going to have to remove some fcotton rom the side to make it work. The screen fits fine.

View attachment 168561
Every brand I've tried made for wicking mesh coils is WAY too much cotton. The Wotofo X-Fiber 6mm laces are especially ridiculous. I post about this issue all the time.

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Do they know something we dont?

Do they just not give a shit?

Did they not get the letter?

Man, I wouldn't want that kind of bill in the mail.

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years

I never really heard a definite on anything. I figure something like this would be news bound. Kinda like when they shut everything down for covid. Around my area honestly it looked like a normal day. Anytime. So maybe ignorance plays at hand with it. How are they actually enforcing it? I just haven't looked either honestly but I figure more notice than a bunch of stores shutting down because this is supposed to happen. Anyone have any links of someone stating this is law. If you're caught you owe 2 miiiiillion dollars. To lazy to find that Austin powers meme.
If I had the cash I'd try to go online and buy juice just to see if it works. I bet people will be selling for a long while.

Sent from a pile of wood chips

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years

BAU for US vape industry since 8-8-2016.
Stick head in sand ignore it and it will go away.

the initial fines are not too horrible I think as I recall from reading that part of the Deeming regs. However repeated violations can add up to over 1 million.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
For those who have filed initial PMTA applications. they can continue to be sold for up to 1 year or until app is rejected. There is no guarantee of passing within 1 year and the FDA is not required to extend the 1 year app period to allow product to be continued to be sold even if still in process.

I will be curious to see how many apps survive for the 90 day period.

Last year about 98% of them were quickly rejected for not filing properly.

And any app filed after 9-9-2020 must be approved BEFORE the product can be sold.

Bad times ahead....

Ms. Trixy

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
Buying a few more things today. Still trying to decide what stays and what gets put in the backup box. I'm liking the RDAs and the Zeus X Mesh so much I'm putting several sub ohm tanks in the box. Chuck is going to start on my 30x atty stand as soon as I can figure out what I want him to write on the front of it.

Do PEI caps make juice taste funky?

DogMan

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Setup an og Stumpy rda today. The og squonk monster.
Put 3mg of juice in a 60ml and vaped so far. Got some wonderful mail.

Love my stumpies. Unsure if I would call them OG squonk monster. Since they didn't come BF from the factory. We had to drill the deck and supply our own squonk pin.

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Love my stumpies. Unsure if I would call them OG squonk monster. Since they didn't come BF from the factory. We had to drill the deck and supply our own squonk pin.
Well very true. Happy to have one though. What builds do you run in yours? I've just got a single 24g in there now.

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Corn bread sounds yum. @The Cromwell you ever eat cornbread & milk (mixed together in a glass or bowl, cornbread crumbled up obviously) when you were a kid? Holy moly, that is some good stuff.

We just finished dinner, hubbs made Molasses chicken and mac & cheese. His chicken is to die for, so the naps will begin any minute now.

Earlier I rebuilt a Radius V2 clone to put on a Ram squonker, and that bitch was so hot I had to play musical atomizers again. It ended up on an Arctic Dolphin Anita at 27.5W. Any higher wattage and I just can't deal with it. Not much room for air inside that Radius, and my coil was 26 ga parallel at 0.17. I made it 2.4mm so there could be more air circulation, but it was still hotternhell.

Slept for nearly three hours in this recliner today, just haven't felt well and haven't been sleeping much at night. I woke up feeling some better, but my outlook isn't much improved. I feel like I could take the face right off anybody who said "boo" to me, so I'm just gonna stay away from everybody and read my book.

Vape Fan

_evil twin_
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Charging batteries and assigning them and attys to mods.
Then I'll clean and build what needs it.
The I'll narrow the desktop array to most used.
And I won't get it all done today :)

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Well I still have not found the cap and drip tip to my Asgard Mini and I'm tired of looking and tired of having it out of commission, so I found a new place this morning that had most of the colors in stock. I ordered a stainless one, because you know as well as I do that as soon as the new one arrives, I will find the cap for the older one (the older one is black but I wanted stainless when I ordered it, and they were oos). Also ordered another Zeus X Mesh, gunmetal this time, and the 100W version of the Cold Steel mod in the champagne finish. That's the third mod I've ordered this week so I have to stop now. (Have a Minikin V2 and a Pico-S on the way already.)

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Well I still have not found the cap and drip tip to my Asgard Mini and I'm tired of looking and tired of having it out of commission, so I found a new place this morning that had most of the colors in stock. I ordered a stainless one, because you know as well as I do that as soon as the new one arrives, I will find the cap for the older one (the older one is black but I wanted stainless when I ordered it, and they were oos). Also ordered another Zeus X Mesh, gunmetal this time, and the 100W version of the Cold Steel mod in the champagne finish. That's the third mod I've ordered this week so I have to stop now. (Have a Minikin V2 and a Pico-S on the way already.)

Well if you’re REALLY wanting to vape it again...

VC sells the Ultem cap set... I know it’s not the best solution... but it is at least one

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Hahaaa I get that. Started setting up a cabinet yesterday, got overwhelmed with it, don't know why. Not even sure I'll do it today. Discovered how much junk stuff I have, though. Some just needs to be tossed.

I'm going to have to get a half dozen or so small-ish totes to separate little stuff. My little-stuff-boxes are all mixed up, they've got RBAs, and coils, and cotton, and batteries, and empty battery boxes, and lanyards, and drip tips, and all kind of other crap in them, so every time I want something I have to dig and dig through everything.

Might just start saving some of these cardboard boxes that gear comes in, the ones that are about the size you'd put a Yankee Candle in.

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Well if you’re REALLY wanting to vape it again...

VC sells the Ultem cap set... I know it’s not the best solution... but it is at least one

Thanks. I saw that last night, and they are out of stock too. But to buy that only would save me about $10 from buying a whole new RDA. So I figured I'll take a chance on the possibility of having two complete ones once the haints in my house decide they are finished playing with the black cap.

Right beside where the mod fell is a small trash can. I had this sinking feeling yesterday that the cap may have been inadvertently thrown out with the trash. In that case, when the ultem set is in stock again, I might be right there buying one. Or I may just have some spare parts.

Thanks bud. I appreciate it.

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Hahaaa I get that. Started setting up a cabinet yesterday, got overwhelmed with it, don't know why. Not even sure I'll do it today. Discovered how much junk stuff I have, though. Some just needs to be tossed.

When I finish with the laundry that is in process right now, my happy butt is gonna sit in this chair for the rest of the day and not do a damn thing. I've had about all I can stand these last two weeks, and I figure if I need another day of naps and reading and movies, then so be it.

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Might just start saving some of these cardboard boxes that gear comes in,
That's most likely what I'll do for the drawers of this cabinet for accessories and such. Upper cabinet is RTAs and RDAs, lower will be mods. I suppose nothing will go in the part that used to be a sifter, lol.

Just Frank

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I changed cotton in four atomizers. Decided to use my new black Ammit 25 RTA. I was making coils yesterday and used one of them in it (SS316L Alien 3x28/36, 6 wraps around a 3mm jig).
20200913_133501(1).jpg

These Ammit 25's are still really good (semi-restrictive DL) tanks. The flavor is kickin' really nice. I usually use N80 aliens but grabbed a stainless steel one. It gives some pretty clean taste.

gadget!

"The Trader"
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT
VU Patreon
I have a resin Atom the the threads stripped out in top, it got so bad that when I would press the fire bar it would push the top up.
I threw it in a drawer and decided it was unusable.
Last night I had a brainstorm!
This morning I went out in my garage and went to work with my Dremel!

I give you there Atom Ant. Lol
I'm running a 20350 battery in it.
48729b8a1db534829b0e34a8e501ed20.jpg

451c9be0859c54497c5e7491f6c7e31d.jpg

Sent from a Galaxy far far away

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Thanks. I saw that last night, and they are out of stock too. But to buy that only would save me about $10 from buying a whole new RDA. So I figured I'll take a chance on the possibility of having two complete ones once the haints in my house decide they are finished playing with the black cap.

Right beside where the mod fell is a small trash can. I had this sinking feeling yesterday that the cap may have been inadvertently thrown out with the trash. In that case, when the ultem set is in stock again, I might be right there buying one. Or I may just have some spare parts.

Thanks bud. I appreciate it.

I’m probably going to grab one myself... so I can have a cap set at least for the series deck I have... although it’s not a color way I care for... wish they sold caps.

I get it’s only a ten spot less than another... hard pill to swallow.

I hope your cap shows up, truly... and not at the landfill

Either way... I did order an Asgard 30 to replace that Valhal-shit I own

VU Sponsors