Become a Patron!

What did you do today that is vape related?

Bliss Doubt

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I’ve done the same thing.
One time I went up north. Had plenty of mods and full tanks with me but forgot the juice at home and was already 250 miles away.
Found a vape shop that made house juice and he mixed me a 60 ml for $30.
A little steep but it tasted good.
He saved me, that’s for sure.
I would say you were very lucky to find a vape seller in a pinch, on the road, that far from home. Murphy's Law would seem to mitigate against it.

My travel duffle has an empty eliquid bottle I leave there as a reminder for when I'm packing.

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
There are so many undiscovered medical applications for pure pharmaceutical grade nicotine, though it has been studied and found useful in the cognitive diseases of old age, and in IBS. These studies can be found online, unless they've been scrubbed.

For me it is a depression med, and by that I don't mean to say I have clinical depression or suicidal thoughts. I just think that many of us, maybe even most of us, wake up feeling a little disoriented, worried about things, about overeating, an argument we had yesterday, terrorism in the world, weather concerns, or even about having a building fall on us. It's hard to explain. Nicotine and caffeine come first thing after waking, and very promptly bring me up to a good mood, putting concerns on low burn in the background. I know I'm not the only one.

Also those of us who were born to mother who smoked while we were in the womb, I believe, were born cranky, depressed, wanting that nic boost after the harrowing birth experience. We were almost destined to pick up the habit once that pranking uncle gave us a cigarette to try, to make us giggle.

You bring up an interesting point in your last paragraph. My mother did not smoke, ever, but all my young life I was in households with people who did, and it was not unusual for me to be in a room that was visibly fogged with cigarette smoke. The more interesting point I'd like to make, though, is that I DID smoke while I was pregnant with all three of my children. They range in age now from 37 to 43, so they were born before it was well known that smoking had ill effects on prenatal babies.

All three of them have been smokers at one time or another, but only one still smokes now. However, they all have had psychological challenges in the form of depression, general anxiety disorders, and bipolar disorder. I believe my maternal grandmother was bipolar, so that may have been a hereditary thing, but two of my three kids have that dx. My first baby was premature - I had pre-eclampsia that put me in the hospital at 33 weeks - and she was like a raw nerve for the first five or six years of her life. She also is one of the ones who is bipolar now, and she takes meds for it, both to keep cycling under control and to help her get some decent sleep at night. My son medicates himself in various ways that are inappropriate to discuss here, but he is in a fairly good spot right now, thank God.

I do believe that smoking has ill effects on babies. I also believe that general anesthetics for Caesarian sections have ill effects on the babies if the anesthetic is not managed exactly right. Of my three children, all of whom were born by c-section, I believe my son was the one whose birth was not properly managed, and isn't it such a coincidence that he is the one with the most serious problems now? My daughter who is bipolar was also born under general anesthetic. Hmmm.......

This is just a long-winded way of stating the obvious - we are exposed all the time to heaven-knows-what, in petroleum fumes, pesticides, household cleaners like ammonia, first- or second-hand smoke, additives in food, antibiotics in meats, the medications we take, ad infinitum. There is no telling how we are affected. Smoking is only one piece of the puzzle, but there's no doubt in my mind that I am better off without it, and I would be better still if I were not exposed to second-hand smoke in my house. I wish I had not smoked while pregnant, but even more than that, I wish I had taken an epidural for all three c-sections instead of just the last one.

Bliss Doubt

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
...we are exposed all the time to heaven-knows-what, in petroleum fumes, pesticides, household cleaners like ammonia, first- or second-hand smoke, additives in food, antibiotics in meats, the medications we take, ad infinitum. There is no telling how we are affected. Smoking is only one piece of the puzzle...
Yah, I keep thinking that even if we get a "green new deal" (not talking politics here), I'm still gonna be listening to yardtards with gasoline powered leafblowers, ruining the air quality of my neighborhood and scraping my nerves.

Bliss Doubt

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
You bring up an interesting point in your last paragraph. My mother did not smoke, ever, but all my young life I was in households with people who did, and it was not unusual for me to be in a room that was visibly fogged with cigarette smoke. The more interesting point I'd like to make, though, is that I DID smoke while I was pregnant with all three of my children. They range in age now from 37 to 43, so they were born before it was well known that smoking had ill effects on prenatal babies.

All three of them have been smokers at one time or another, but only one still smokes now. However, they all have had psychological challenges in the form of depression, general anxiety disorders, and bipolar disorder. I believe my maternal grandmother was bipolar, so that may have been a hereditary thing, but two of my three kids have that dx. My first baby was premature - I had pre-eclampsia that put me in the hospital at 33 weeks - and she was like a raw nerve for the first five or six years of her life. She also is one of the ones who is bipolar now, and she takes meds for it, both to keep cycling under control and to help her get some decent sleep at night. My son medicates himself in various ways that are inappropriate to discuss here, but he is in a fairly good spot right now, thank God.

I do believe that smoking has ill effects on babies. I also believe that general anesthetics for Caesarian sections have ill effects on the babies if the anesthetic is not managed exactly right. Of my three children, all of whom were born by c-section, I believe my son was the one whose birth was not properly managed, and isn't it such a coincidence that he is the one with the most serious problems now? My daughter who is bipolar was also born under general anesthetic. Hmmm.......

This is just a long-winded way of stating the obvious - we are exposed all the time to heaven-knows-what, in petroleum fumes, pesticides, household cleaners like ammonia, first- or second-hand smoke, additives in food, antibiotics in meats, the medications we take, ad infinitum. There is no telling how we are affected. Smoking is only one piece of the puzzle, but there's no doubt in my mind that I am better off without it, and I would be better still if I were not exposed to second-hand smoke in my house. I wish I had not smoked while pregnant, but even more than that, I wish I had taken an epidural for all three c-sections instead of just the last one.
Your post has been on my mind all afternoon. I get the feeling you are dealing with, I dunno, issues, or maybe guilt, maybe not, but some kind of struggle over smoking while having your babies.

I want to make it clear, I don't blame my parents. Smoking was what people did. They didn't have reasons for it. People just smoked, and nobody thought it was unusual, though some didn't like being around smokers. When I'd go and spend a summer at the coast with my nonsmoking aunt and uncle, and return home, the continuous smoke fog in the house, and the smell, would get to me for a while. I once asked my parents to stop smoking, because of that refreshing experience of spending time away from the effects of it, and they did what I probably would have done, which was to tell me to shut up about it.

But it remains my theory that I was born addicted from being nic dosed continuously in the womb. As a smoker, I used to laugh about it.

Guilt is a useless sentiment, and I feel certain that you have been a caring parent doing your best.

I also think depression, mild or worse, is the basic human condition. It's in Brazilian philosophy, this iconic sadness, that we can sometimes be happy when we fall in love or make good money, or achieve something great, but that happiness fades until we're back at that baseline condition of melancholy.

Synphul

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years

I imagine it's different for different folks. A lot of things likely genetic in one form or another. While I'm sure smoking isn't great for kids (or anyone), feel like I dodged a lot of the effects. My mom smoked while pregnant with me, the doctor advised her not to quit. He had her cut back some but said suddenly quitting would do more harm than good by shocking her system. I wasn't born premature or anything. Never had the lung capacity to run marathons either before or after I picked up smoking but she suffered similar cramps and inability to run long distances when she was a kid too.

I remember the rooms being smoky. Both parents smoked, grandparents smoked, my aunt, my great uncle, and sometimes they were all in the house together clouding it up. People smoked in the stores, in the malls, in restaurants. My stepdad smoked. I never really had the desire, not until I started hanging with a different group of kids in high school and thought to hell with it. And had to work at it. I'm glad to be past it after all the breathing problems it caused me later on. A lot of which I think were worsened by the chemicals used when they transitioned to firesafe cigs. Oddly enough I had an easier time running distances after I'd been smoking for a couple years vs when I was a kid. Running a half mile or mile for PE kicked my ass in grade school, but soon as I got into boot camp we started with 2mi runs and transitioned to 3mi runs.

Don't recall suffering any major mood issues or anything. Always did well in academics, mostly straight a's except for a year or two in high school where I started slacking. Turns out when you only pay attention about 20% of the time, trig can be a pain in the ass. lol.

I do wonder sometimes about general health. While I'm sure lifespans have grown longer we don't commonly have 120-130 year olds thanks to organic wheaties and canned pristine air or bottled water. Look how many folks lived well into their 90's or triple digits from the war era. Lead paint, no emissions controls, breathing smoke and fuel off the battlefield, playing with mercury, drinking from garden hoses. Now it seems like people are all super keto and eating organic avocados, busting a sweat on their pelotons, worried about offgassing furniture foams, only the most pure natural mountain spring water blessed by the dalai lama and still only living to around 80-90 for the most part. They keep trying to wow us with the science but I'm still looking for actual proof. Not solely to do with smoking, just things in general.

Synphul

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
As far as what I did today vape related, time to replace some batteries. Can't believe how many of the old standby's are mia and backordered. Things like samsung 30q's I know I didn't pay much more than $5 for, sometimes less. One of the few places I found them they wanted $9. For a 30q? Yikes. I wanted p42a's but those are apparently unicorns now. Settled for the 30t's for my pulse v2. 18650's work alright but they do wear down fairly quick. And naturally my old charger didn't fit anything longer than xx650 so picked up a new charger. Will keep the other for a backup but the screen's always been a little wonky on the efest luc v6. Like the screen isn't mounted flush or level, it dips down a little on one edge allowing backlight bleed and sometimes the display is dim and difficult to read.

1635248988308.jpeg

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Cleaned and rebuilt my Intake RTA today. Found it along with an 18500 tube mod that I'd forgotten I had underneath a stack of papers on a side table. Put a single framed staple Clapton in it at 0.57 ohms and put it on my Drag 3. Running it at 38W. Vapes nice.

Supernoob

Bronze Contributor
Bronze Contributor
Noob notes:
Today I discovered I like 3mg in subohm tanks. I didn't expect that. I mixed my own unflavored at 6mg and found my nic to be too peppery. But at 3mg, it's not peppery at all, it just went away instead of being half as peppery.

I wish I had more experience to go by. Plus I think I messed up my palate for a day or two by vaping 12 and 15mg in a hot mtl. But the 3mg is working good for me, and a good time too as I get my flavoring order today.

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
As far as what I did today vape related, time to replace some batteries. Can't believe how many of the old standby's are mia and backordered. Things like samsung 30q's I know I didn't pay much more than $5 for, sometimes less. One of the few places I found them they wanted $9. For a 30q? Yikes. I wanted p42a's but those are apparently unicorns now. Settled for the 30t's for my pulse v2. 18650's work alright but they do wear down fairly quick. And naturally my old charger didn't fit anything longer than xx650 so picked up a new charger. Will keep the other for a backup but the screen's always been a little wonky on the efest luc v6. Like the screen isn't mounted flush or level, it dips down a little on one edge allowing backlight bleed and sometimes the display is dim and difficult to read

18650batterystore.com has the P42As in stock now for $6.99. Their shipping isn't bad. Usually if I order 6 batts or so, shipping is around $4 (but I haven't ordered any lately - it may have gone up).

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Noob notes:
Today I discovered I like 3mg in subohm tanks. I didn't expect that. I mixed my own unflavored at 6mg and found my nic to be too peppery. But at 3mg, it's not peppery at all, it just went away instead of being half as peppery.

I wish I had more experience to go by. Plus I think I messed up my palate for a day or two by vaping 12 and 15mg in a hot mtl. But the 3mg is working good for me, and a good time too as I get my flavoring order today.

This is just my opinion on nic consumption and as we all know, we’re all have different needs.

I’ll give some examples.

Mechs at 130w+ I only vape 1.5mg/ml

RTAs if DL 3mg max…approximately 40-45w

RDL and Boro mods 6mg - 13w

Why the variance you ask?

Total nic consumption of the day.

Mechs I’d probably vape 20-25ml a day or consume up to 38mg of nic

RTAs I’d consume maybe 12-15ml a day or 45mg of nic

Boro mods I’d consume maybe 10ml a day at best or 60mg nic

Depending on what I am doing I can blindly vape and be like holy cow I just plowed 60mls!

Or days when I am conscientious of my intake I may only vape 4.5ml.

Anyway, imo vape what your body needs in nic strength that is not based around vaping just to vape

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Supernoob

Bronze Contributor
Bronze Contributor
This is just my opinion on nic consumption and as we all know, we’re all have different needs.

I’ll give some examples.

Mechs at 130w+ I only vape 1.5mg/ml

RTAs if DL 3mg max…approximately 40-45w

RDL and Boro mods 6mg - 13w

Why the variance you ask?

Total nic consumption of the day.

Mechs I’d probably vape 20-25ml a day or consume up to 38mg of nic

RTAs I’d consume maybe 12-15ml a day or 45mg of nic

Boro mods I’d consume maybe 10ml a day at best or 60mg nic

Depending on what I am doing I can blindly vape and be like holy cow I just plowed 60mls!

Or days when I am conscientious of my intake I may only vape 4.5ml.

Anyway, imo vape what your body needs in nic strength that is not based around vaping just to vape

Thank you, I like this kind of specific info.

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
I dry-burned and rewicked what was probably the world's nastiest coil today.

Not sure it's gonna make it - I think the legs are too hot and the wire needs replacing, and this is in a Joyetech eGo One Mega tank with rebuildable coil. The coil is so tiny I can hardly see it!

Heartsdelight

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I dry-burned and rewicked what was probably the world's nastiest coil today.

Not sure it's gonna make it - I think the legs are too hot and the wire needs replacing, and this is in a Joyetech eGo One Mega tank with rebuildable coil. The coil is so tiny I can hardly see it!
Wow I haven’t used the eGo One in a long long time. Nice you still use them.

DogMan

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Trying to decide on next step down

Current is 40mg nic and 4ml of 36mg WTA in 100ml brew (where 92% of the 36mg is nicotine and 8% of the 36mg is the minor alkaloids)

Thinking of stepping the nicotine down by either 10% or 5% which would be 36 or 38mg nicotine plus the WTA

Tornadoalleydeb

Vaping whilst slaying dragons in the land of Tyria
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Okay, sort of vaping related. Still looking through rentals and I came across one in Sherman TX. 2 hour drive to McAlster,OK. but so what. The listing reads: Smoking not permitted in the home but vaping is okay! Boy, I sure like reading that. (Not so much just for me, but it shows these people at least KNOW! )

Pets are okay too, so I am going to have my husband contact this one. Even though there is no garage, the backyard is huge and maybe they would be open to the idea of having a shed built ( at our expense obviously) to match the color scheme of the house. It's a newly built house. Small but doable. Don't need a garage but do need something to store a few things in. :)

Last edited:

Tornadoalleydeb

Vaping whilst slaying dragons in the land of Tyria
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Trying to decide on next step down

Current is 40mg nic and 4ml of 36mg WTA in 100ml brew (where 92% of the 36mg is nicotine and 8% of the 36mg is the minor alkaloids)

Thinking of stepping the nicotine down by either 10% or 5% which would be 36 or 38mg nicotine plus the WTA
That's great. I suppose if you did the 5% only, You could easily add more nic if it bothered you?? Or heck I suppose you can dilute too then and go the other way. Either way, good for you on stepping it down.

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I LOST my fav mod!!!! :(

Well…

giphy.gif

Synphul

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Made use of the bullcity sale ("cybersale" discount code). Picked up a couple extra flavors, some additional flavors to try and crack the ancient aztec lost secret to 'cotton candy' ejuice. Along with some varied sweeteners to ship to my dad and see if they work out better for him than dry packets since he's been diagnosed a diabetic.

Some fw sweetener for me to try out, one for him. Along with a small bottle of cap super sweet, flv sweetness, tfa sweetener since they seem ok for diabetics. For the cotton candy venture, grabbed wf sc cotton candy jelly bean (getting desperate), vt fairy floss, ssa candy floss, fa joy, fw toner enhancer, fa candy jammy wizard, ssa vanilla sugar, vt raw sugar, nf burnt sugar. And to try and help with the mouthfeel, fa marshmallow, cap sl whipped marshmallow, flv marshmallow vanilla, wf sc marshmallow gooey. Something's gotta give.

A couple of the flavors were discounted, plus the 20% off. So not sure if I spent $65 or saved $20. lol. Free shipping at least. The $20 I saved, might just be able to afford the couple of stamps to send those sweeteners to my dad via mail. lmao.

Ruppy_bear

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
i was looking at new cover for my relx pod cuz they look awesome. i placed a order and im waiting for someone else to buy the same thing as well so i get a discount. i dont why i bought it cuz im not much of a relx pod user, i just happen to own like few of their pods that i found when im out.

i also have a few empty cartridge that i bought online, those are refillable and u can add you own juice.

also had a nice talk with shop owner, funny as fuck as he has a shop and hes an official distributor for this brand called AUV pods but he doesnt push his main product as he thinks its crap compare to the other stuff he has for sale lol.

Just Frank

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I ended up ordering from Coil Clout tonight. I got an email that their Black Friday code was still active and 35% off.

Earlier I got an Amazon envelope with some more swivels. I ordered them over a week ago but forgot. Krok's seem over priced but oh well. I got a ten pack of #5's for $48.

I also got some flavors from one on one that took over a week.

I tried some new series coils tonight but screwed them up. I didn't check their position like a dufus and bent the hell out of one 🤣.

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Well, I just couldn't stand it. Looking at the vape mail thread, and never getting any vape mail, just got to me.

Ordered a Wotofo MDura (like a Pico only wider) from FT, to serve as a home for the Hellvape Destiny RTA (clone, from FT) that I'm not using at the moment. It's a very good RTA, and I want to use it, but at present the mods I have out to use all have attys on them that work well, and I don't want to change any of them. Surely you can see how that created the need to order another mod, right? :teehee:

gopher_byrd

Cranky Old Fart
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Well, I just couldn't stand it. Looking at the vape mail thread, and never getting any vape mail, just got to me.

Ordered a Wotofo MDura (like a Pico only wider) from FT, to serve as a home for the Hellvape Destiny RTA (clone, from FT) that I'm not using at the moment. It's a very good RTA, and I want to use it, but at present the mods I have out to use all have attys on them that work well, and I don't want to change any of them. Surely you can see how that created the need to order another mod, right? :teehee:
Sounds logical to me. 🖖

Just Frank

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Yesterday I made something called "DuMesh" (clever wordplay by the original creator Nick Dumas). I didn't have 31ga kanthal so I used 30ga, with 36ga N80 clapton wraps.
dcU482W.jpeg

gildUpX.jpeg

It worked pretty good but the resistance was .05Ω. Today I decided to make another to see if I could raise that number and get it performing a bit better. I used all kA1: 12x32/38ga, and cut it a bit longer (like Geekvape's strips).
P4Otqr7.jpeg

Lol at that cotton on the right.
i2HJaN1.jpeg

This formula works better IMO. I'm getting great flavor right off the bat and it's reading .09Ω. Mission accomplished bon both fronts 😁. I still wanna try more variations and see how nice I can make this Profile vape. I haven't used it in over a year lol.

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon

Yeah, replying to my own post, yet again.

I was still looking at FT yesterday afternoon and ran across a helluva price on a 70W SXK Supbox, so I cancelled the Wotofo MDura and ordered the Supbox instead, along with a hollowed-out battery cover, an RBA that's supposed to work with it, and a beautiful, sparkly, bright green 510 drip tip.
Chances of me buying Smok RPM coils on an ongoing basis are slim to none.

I'm probably going to need help with this - @gsmit1, don't you have a Supbox? I'm going into unfamiliar territory here, but hoping for the best.

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yeah, replying to my own post, yet again.

I was still looking at FT yesterday afternoon and ran across a helluva price on a 70W SXK Supbox, so I cancelled the Wotofo MDura and ordered the Supbox instead, along with a hollowed-out battery cover, an RBA that's supposed to work with it, and a beautiful, sparkly, bright green 510 drip tip.
Chances of me buying Smok RPM coils on an ongoing basis are slim to none.

I'm probably going to need help with this - @gsmit1, don't you have a Supbox? I'm going into unfamiliar territory here, but hoping for the best.
Boy, after all this time still not getting email notifications.

If you use it as an SBS, it's pretty standard. If you use it as a boro device, that's another category. I use mine as both. Much of the help you may need will have to do with the boro RBAs rather than the mod itself.

The ergos can be a bit startling at first, but it grew on me and now I like the shape of it alot.

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
@nadalama
I haven't kept up on the market the last several months, but the SXK and YFTK clone RBAs are the way to go imho. Fasttech and 3F were my go to for almost everything. There are a number of great RBAs, even going back to like the OG Vapeshell and Exocet V2. Though the Vapeshell is more MTL.

They're all Billet Box RBAs, so if they're popular for a reason in the BB, the same will go for the Supbox. Identical vape, different platform.

SXK has done a fine job on this device. The quality really is quite good. Just like their BB clones. Not a fan at all of the CCP, but have to give credit where due to lowly Chinese outfits like SXK when they deserve it.

Some RBAs, like the venerable Xeta, EVL Alien and the Vapesnail are jack of all trades and master of all. All that they actually try to do anyway.

They will do tight MTL up to light DTL. You won't get true cloud chasing out of any boro device though, which makes sense because the power isn't there, but that's not what they were designed for.

Last edited:

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I just took a quick glance at 3F and they look stocked up pretty good. Including the elusive DNA 60 BB clones, even in new colors. Some new stuff too.

Getting anything from China over here may be a trick with everything going on. Been a while since I ordered anything from over there.

Probably still not as tricky as getting anything from the Detroit hub to the house though. (Ok, I do have to admint. They've been a bit better lately)

SnapDragon NY

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT
I just took a quick glance at 3F and they look stocked up pretty good. Including the elusive DNA 60 BB clones, even in new colors. Some new stuff too.

Getting anything from China over here may be a trick with everything going on. Been a while since I ordered anything from over there.

Probably still not as tricky as getting anything from the Detroit hub to the house though. (Ok, I do have to admint. They've been a bit better lately)
I ordered a white SXK 60 DNA BB, clear and clear black covers for it and the Pioneer Insider for BB from 3F on November 19th- I got it on December 4th- pretty quick. The only pain in the ass part was it wouldn't accept my Credit Card- I had to use PayPal and do that manually with a Paypal account they gave me, still not as easy as it was a while ago, but doable- everything went OK and I will order from 3F in the future.

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yesterday I made something called "DuMesh" (clever wordplay by the original creator Nick Dumas). I didn't have 31ga kanthal so I used 30ga, with 36ga N80 clapton wraps.
dcU482W.jpeg

gildUpX.jpeg

It worked pretty good but the resistance was .05Ω. Today I decided to make another to see if I could raise that number and get it performing a bit better. I used all kA1: 12x32/38ga, and cut it a bit longer (like Geekvape's strips).
P4Otqr7.jpeg

Lol at that cotton on the right.
i2HJaN1.jpeg

This formula works better IMO. I'm getting great flavor right off the bat and it's reading .09Ω. Mission accomplished bon both fronts 😁. I still wanna try more variations and see how nice I can make this Profile vape. I haven't used it in over a year lol.
You've gone really outta hand with your building skills :)

I bet that would be awesome on a series tube setup. You have a lot of mass there. The horsepower of a pair of 30Ts on a good series mech tube would bring that to life :D

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I ordered a white SXK 60 DNA BB, clear and clear black covers for it and the Pioneer Insider for BB from 3F on November 19th- I got it on December 4th- pretty quick. The only pain in the ass part was it wouldn't accept my Credit Card- I had to use PayPal and do that manually with a Paypal account they gave me, still not as easy as it was a while ago, but doable- everything went OK and I will order from 3F in the future.
Taking the plunge huh? :)

Unless something has happened more recently, this is your first BB right?

EDIT: I'm surprised shipping is that fast with all the supply line problems and personnel shortages and everything.

SnapDragon NY

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT
Taking the plunge huh? :)

Unless something has happened more recently, this is your first BB right?

EDIT: I'm surprised shipping is that fast with all the supply line problems and personnel shortages and everything.
I did finally take the plunge into the BB rabbit hole- lol- I was putting up a review of the BP Mods Pioneer Insider, saw it was easy to build and wick, with DL adapters and made me want to try a BB- plus a white BB sealed the deal!
I have been using this set up since Saturday and love it- happy I took the plunge, I just hope I don't fall deep into the rabbit hole.
I was very surprised on the fast shipping- I thought it would get caught up in the Black Friday mail mess. I think 3F ships everything to a US warehouse and sends it out from there in a plain envelope.

dubya314

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I ran into the CC problem and got mad and quit trying, lol. Good to know it wasn't just my card, and I didn't even think about PayPal :facepalm:

SnapDragon NY

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT
I ran into the CC problem and got mad and quit trying, lol. Good to know it wasn't just my card, and I didn't even think about PayPal :facepalm:
Yes they have a Paypal button and the person's account pops up and you enter it on Paypal manually- I should have clicked off my FF mode and used the merchant one- 3F contacted me thru email to give them my address, it was on my account at 3F- they double checked to make sure- next time I will use the Merchant payment, my address shows up on that.

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
@nadalama
I haven't kept up on the market the last several months, but the SXK and YFTK clone RBAs are the way to go imho. Fasttech and 3F were my go to for almost everything. There are a number of great RBAs, even going back to like the OG Vapeshell and Exocet V2. Though the Vapeshell is more MTL.

They're all Billet Box RBAs, so if they're popular for a reason in the BB, the same will go for the Supbox. Identical vape, different platform.

SXK has done a fine job on this device. The quality really is quite good. Just like their BB clones. Not a fan at all of the CCP, but have to give credit where due to lowly Chinese outfits like SXK when they deserve it.

Some RBAs, like the venerable Xeta, EVL Alien and the Vapesnail are jack of all trades and master of all. All that they actually try to do anyway.

They will do tight MTL up to light DTL. You won't get true cloud chasing out of any boro device though, which makes sense because the power isn't there, but that's not what they were designed for.

The SXK clone RBA is what I ordered. The order shipped yesterday, so we'll see how long it takes. I've ordered very occasionally from FT, and if they can get it out the door, then the actual transit time hasn't been too bad. It does appear that they are doing the same thing 3F is doing - shipping to a company here in the States that then reships the order in a very anonymous-looking, domestic package.

The SXK RBA did look like it will have enough air for me. It's a little more restricted than most of the atomizers I use, but I think it'll be fine. I don't care about clouds, just want flavor and a bit of warmth and throat hit.

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I just hope I don't fall deep into the rabbit hole.
Here's the thing :)

The Billet Box is, as everyone knows, unbelievably versatile and modular and has an unbelievably vast array of stuff avaialble for it. Also, in most cases, the clone stuff and authentic stuff is interchangeable. So yes, it is very easy trip into that rabbit hole.

However, it can be easily justified (rationalized?) by the fact that a lot of that stuff does make a difference in how it works and performs. So it's not like you're just buying duplicates of everything in different colors or something.

Not that there's anything wrong with blinging out the BB either. Which can also be done because there is an equally vast array of trinkets and furniture for that very purpose.

I guess what I'm saying is that it's not necessarily just senseless spending because there's real value in the versatility and modularity of the BB platform.

If anybody is fortunate enough (unfortunate enough?) to make any sense out of what I just said lol.

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The SXK RBA
Maybe I'm missing it, but which RBA?

Also, a trick I learned when I got my first Supbox was to start the battery cap a little and then press the plate and the top of the mod down taking up the spring tension and then screwing the cap on freely. Rather than using the cap to push down the top. I figure it will wear out the aluminum threads after a while.

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
@gsmit1 This is the one I ordered:

Ya know what? I may have told @debinnv wrong a while back if that's the RBA she bought too. The one thing that's junk is the boro and rba that SXK themselves threw together for the Supbox that they include in the DNA Pro kit.

The one you link here, I don't have. I don't think. I'm trying to remember now. If this one fits in a regular boro, it's not the one that comes with the kit. It has it's own tank.

That's the the one I thought Deb had ordered. Now looking back at the conversation, I'm not sure which one she bought. This one or the one that comes with the kit.

The one in your link looks like a perfectly unspectacular and perfectly good boro based RBA at first sight.

VU Sponsors