Become a Patron!

What did you do today that is vape related?

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Ya know what? I may have told @debinnv wrong a while back if that's the RBA she bought too. The one thing that's junk is the boro and rba that SXK themselves threw together for the Supbox that they include in the DNA Pro kit.

The one you link here, I don't have. I don't think. I'm trying to remember now. If this one fits in a regular boro, it's not the one that comes with the kit. It has it's own tank.

That's the the one I thought Deb had ordered. Now looking back at the conversation, I'm not sure which one she bought. This one or the one that comes with the kit.

The one in your link looks like a perfectly unspectacular and perfectly good boro based RBA at first sight.

Now that I look at that thing closer (the RBA), and I've done what little reading there is out there to do, I don't know if that RBA is even going to be usable. There is a discussion at FT where a user is talking about the RBA not fitting in either of the tanks that come with the Supbox, and when I look at it compared to an RPM coil, well, they are very dissimilar. The RBA has a 510 connector on it, for Pete's sake. So it looks like I'm going to need to buy a boro tank and a something-or-other to go inside it - an Exocet or something. I spent hours looking at all this last night.

The Cthulhu 520 would probably fit, but then I don't know if I'm limited to the "insides" that come with it, or if it would be compatible with other boro devices.

I've opened up, not the rabbit hole, but rather, a can of worms. At least it seems. If I'd realized I was going to be spending a hundred bucks anyway, I'd have bought an SXK billet box.

There may be one other option, and that is to buy an RPM RBA, if I can find one. I have a Nord RBA, but not an RPM iirc.

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Ya know what? I may have told @debinnv wrong a while back if that's the RBA she bought too. The one thing that's junk is the boro and rba that SXK themselves threw together for the Supbox that they include in the DNA Pro kit.

The one you link here, I don't have. I don't think. I'm trying to remember now. If this one fits in a regular boro, it's not the one that comes with the kit. It has it's own tank.

That's the the one I thought Deb had ordered. Now looking back at the conversation, I'm not sure which one she bought. This one or the one that comes with the kit.

The one in your link looks like a perfectly unspectacular and perfectly good boro based RBA at first sight.

I ended up going back to FT and ordering the Ambition Mods boro tank and the Molen bridge, plus extra glass for the tank. I hope that will work in the Supbox, hope there's nothing else I need to go with it. Jeez, I am so out of my element here.

I almost ordered the Cthulhu 520, but stateside shipping charges and difficulties with the website had me thinking twice, plus I still don't know if that tank will only work with the deck that comes with it.

Synphul

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Ordered more nic a couple days ago. Naturally just a couple days before the news that the vapor tax was dropped from the bill. Although I still don't trust it. Shitty ideas have a way of persisting in washington. Not much to pick from these days, ended up getting delosi labs. Was either that or nicotine giant or wizard labs and all seem to be a crapshoot. Even cxt lately hasn't sounded amazing which surprises me. They used to get nothing but glowing reviews and yet the past couple months or so I'm see a lot of people unhappy with it and struggling with customer service. Not sure what that's about. They're far too high priced for that nonsense though.

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I ended up going back to FT and ordering the Ambition Mods boro tank and the Molen bridge, plus extra glass for the tank. I hope that will work in the Supbox, hope there's nothing else I need to go with it. Jeez, I am so out of my element here.
The only boros I've ever used are the SXK ones, but those say they're made for the BB so assuming decent specs they should work fine. Anything that works in the BB (that I know of) should work in the Supbox using the boro top without the 510 attachment for a tank.

I'm sure you already know, but the Supbox has 2 completely different configurations that are easy to switch between. When it's setup for boro stuff, it's essentially a Billet Box in a different form factor.

No doubt about it, it IS a different thang :D Just wait til you have to swap out or reinsert a gasket in a boro :) Just always remeber. It CAN be done.

That's an area where I think the authentic gear is quite a bit better. The og BB boros don't seem to have some of the hassles that the clones do. At least the SXK ones. They work fine, but can have really tight glass and be a pain in the gasket for instance.

However, the authentics are like 40 bucks a pop and you can snag some SXKs for 7 or 8.

dubya314

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
The only boros I've ever used are the SXK ones, but those say they're made for the BB so assuming decent specs they should work fine. Anything that works in the BB (that I know of) should work in the Supbox using the boro top without the 510 attachment for a tank.

I'm sure you already know, but the Supbox has 2 completely different configurations that are easy to switch between. When it's setup for boro stuff, it's essentially a Billet Box in a different form factor.

No doubt about it, it IS a different thang :D Just wait til you have to swap out or reinsert a gasket in a boro :) Just always remeber. It CAN be done.

That's an area where I think the authentic gear is quite a bit better. The og BB boros don't seem to have some of the hassles that the clones do. At least the SXK ones. They work fine, but can have really tight glass and be a pain in the gasket for instance.

However, the authentics are like 40 bucks a pop and you can snag some SXKs for 7 or 8.
My colored SXK boro's are dropping like flies. Most cracking on the thin piece that holds the glass, some right in the middle of the back of the boro. Haven't had it happen with any authentics, no issues. But like you said 8 bucks vs 40+ πŸ€·β€β™‚οΈπŸ€·β€β™‚οΈ
Edit: also lots of Mums boro use, no issues. But more $ than an authentic, lol

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
My colored SXK boro's are dropping like flies. Most cracking on the thin piece that holds the glass, some right in the middle of the back of the boro. Haven't had it happen with any authentics, no issues. But like you said 8 bucks vs 40+ πŸ€·β€β™‚οΈπŸ€·β€β™‚οΈ
Edit: also lots of Mums boro use, no issues. But more $ than an authentic, lol
I don't have any of the colored ones. Only white and clear. Those are holding up after a couple years.

I bet it's the type of material necessary to make them various colors that's reacting to the juice..

Tornadoalleydeb

Vaping whilst slaying dragons in the land of Tyria
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Today or tonight I should say I am trying to decide what to take. This is the only thing I can have with me.

IMG_20211211_173959421.jpg

So, bottle of nic bottle of VG a few flavorings, some, coils, wick. Maybe 2 RDA's 2 Mods and one of my favorite tanks. That's about all I am gonna get in that little suitcase and try and stick it somewhere in the rental vehicle to travel to PA. 2 big dogs, 3 cats their food and things that need to have with them. Put my clothes I can take in a big lawn and garden trash bag and shove that in a corner somewhere. But at least I will get there. Candi has some furniture and dishes I can use (I think she has a small microwave over there in the barn ) and Dave says he can try and bring my bed and other things up by the end of Jan. That of course remains to be seen. It's so hard trying to decide what 2 mods and other things,as there are so many things that have such a special meaning to me. (gifts ) The Lipo mod I HAVE to take even if it is sticking it in my purse. I cant afford to let the battery drain down. Oh god, batteries and charger. Kind of need that. measuring I can do by drops, I did it before for years. I will survive. Only gonna take just a few flavorings as it is.

Suppose it could have been worse. He could of stuck me on a plane with the animals ( he did try ) I refused. No clue yet when I will have my car. He's going to have to ship it at some point I guess.

Ewww instant coffee with powdered creamer. made with hot tap water LOL Hey, it's coffee right? I had thought about shipping some things to Candi but with the holiday rush upon us, nope, not going to take the chance on these things I love so much getting lost in mail limbo land.

I got this..................

Now if I could just get over feeling like I am just being tossed around and that I am nothing more than an inconvenience to him. Ya, that's just me feeling sorry for myself.

Last edited:

Tornadoalleydeb

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Vape things but other than some clothes in a big trash bag, that's it. Gonna suck for sure, but I am going to have to make do. Between all of us here I am not so sure he's going to bring anything else of mine. Things have not been good here to say the least. But again, the girls will help me get some things and I will manage. We all manage one way or another. Of course he still does not even have the rental confirmed yet. I don't think I can handle much more going wrong here.

It actually came to a point where I was ready to take all the animals to a shelter and get on a plane, alone, and to fly to PA and be done with it all. It will devastate me if it does actually come to that. So all I care about at this point, is getting my animals and myself in PA with my daughter. Nothing else matters anymore. I will pick myself up and carry on.

Last edited:

dubya314

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I don't have any of the colored ones. Only white and clear. Those are holding up after a couple years.

I bet it's the type of material necessary to make them various colors that's reacting to the juice..
It very well could be, although I have had 2 clear sxk's break as well. One is pitched so not sure where it went, but the other I am riding for all it's worth, lol. A piece is broke off on the top under the gasket, but I can still get it to seal.

dubya314

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Vape things but other than some clothes in a big trash bag, that's it. Gonna suck for sure, but I am going to have to make do. Between all of us here I am not so sure he's going to bring anything else of mine. Things have not been good here to say the least. But again, the girls will help me get some things and I will manage. We all manage one way or another. Of course he still does not even have the rental confirmed yet. I don't think I can handle much more going wrong here.

It actually came to a point where I was ready to take all the animals to a shelter and get on a plane, alone, and to fly to PA and be done with it all. It will devastate me if it does actually come to that. So all I care about at this point, is getting my animals and myself self and in PA with my daughter. Nothing else matters anymore. I will pick myself up and carry on.
Wish you all the best Deb, however it turns out :hug:

dubya314

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I had a very rare Saturday off, so I took full advantage. After some time with the kiddos I did a complete tear down, cleaning and some new shelf building of my mech and RDA area :)
20211211_214254.jpg
20211211_214405.jpg
20211211_214427.jpg
20211211_214154.jpg
20211211_214222.jpg
Looks to me I cleared enough room to buy some more :tantrum: Maybe someday I'll get around to painting that wonderful purple wall :teehee:

jcash74

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years

It actually came to a point where I was ready to take all the animals to a shelter and get on a plane, alone, and to fly to PA and be done with it all. It will devastate me if it does actually come to that. So all I care about at this point, is getting my animals and myself self and in PA with my daughter. Nothing else matters anymore. I will pick myself up and carry on.
Thoughts and prayers with you my friend!

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk

Tornadoalleydeb

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon

Sorry, I just now saw this and yep that is the one I bought and it would not make a connection no matter how much I fiddled with it. Maybe you will have better luck with yours. I hope so anyway. Fortunately they don't cost much, that's not really the point though. But ya, I don't think they tested this thing at all. They couldn't of. If you can get your hands on the original Smok RPM rba, (the very first one that was for their RPM pod device the 80 watt one that took a single 18650 battery ) That one works pretty well IIRC.Not one of the clones though, I had bought that one too and it also sucked. Way too tight of a draw. But the OG Smok one is really good. I don't want to say for sure that's the one as it's packed away so I can't check right now. But I am 99% sure that is the one.

Oh I do want to add that you cant test fire it UNLESS you take a spare rpm pod and cut the top off of it and then stick it on the smok rpm device (if you happen to have one ) at least that's how I got around that. You might be able to think of something else.

Last edited:

Tornadoalleydeb

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Now that I look at that thing closer (the RBA), and I've done what little reading there is out there to do, I don't know if that RBA is even going to be usable. There is a discussion at FT where a user is talking about the RBA not fitting in either of the tanks that come with the Supbox, and when I look at it compared to an RPM coil, well, they are very dissimilar. The RBA has a 510 connector on it, for Pete's sake. So it looks like I'm going to need to buy a boro tank and a something-or-other to go inside it - an Exocet or something. I spent hours looking at all this last night.

The Cthulhu 520 would probably fit, but then I don't know if I'm limited to the "insides" that come with it, or if it would be compatible with other boro devices.

I've opened up, not the rabbit hole, but rather, a can of worms. At least it seems. If I'd realized I was going to be spending a hundred bucks anyway, I'd have bought an SXK billet box.

There may be one other option, and that is to buy an RPM RBA, if I can find one. I have a Nord RBA, but not an RPM iirc.
Yep that is the one you want the OG RPM RBA (not the knock off one that is floating around out there) The OG one has red o-rings by the way. That much I do remember :) The others have black

24 hours ship they still have them https://www.sourcemore.com/smok-prm-rba-0-2ohm-coil.html

Tornadoalleydeb

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Oh and thanks guys. It will be okay. We all have gone through rough times and we all come out the other side one way or another and so will I. I will say this though, even though we have never met face to face just having all of you to chat with and how we have fun and joke around at times and we are just there for each other........man, I would have been lost without that. 99% of the people here, are mighty damn fine in my book!

Smigo

Gold Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Today I ordered some V3 Gorilla bottles. Then later got call there was an issue with my order. The person was Aussie, im Aussie but I couldn't understand a word she was saying. She talked that fast in that modern kid style I was processing word 1 as she was racing out word 100. I twice asked her what the order issue was but couldn't understand anything.
I think she got annoyed I asked her twice, but even then im not sure! Did she hear me and explain it again or was she oblivious to me asking and still talking about something!?
In the end I said so do you have the things I ordered please? She said one word "yes".
Im, Standing on my end like :huh: , ok cool, so no problems?
She says "no bye".
I still have no idea what just happened!

@debinnv
Hey safe travelling, here's hoping it all goes smooth from here on. πŸ‘

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Supbox I ordered from FT is in the States (LA) as of the 16th. Ambition Mods boro tank and Molen bridge are still in China, but are moving.

Folks, remember if you're going to order from Asia, they have New Year's holiday near the beginning of February.

Brought a GV Nova out of mothballs today. Somehow I ended up with an unused blue RTA (Asm Zesthia) so I put it on a Minikin 2 and moved the Minikin's blue Aromamizer to the Nova.

Tornadoalleydeb

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Morning we have made it to mcalster ok. So that's the first half of the trek to PA. Vape related is that I took an empty toilet paper roll, stuffed one end full of toilet paper and if I blew the vapor through the other end it keeps it contained so that it doesn't bother Dave while driving. Like fogging up the window and it keeps the smoke detectors from going off in the hotel room. Hooray me.

So around 6 am we will start the drive to PA. Animals are doing pretty good. My little Meko rolled up into a ball and would not move yesterday and I was afraid she may have been in shock. Now that we are in the hotel room though she has perked up a little and she's okay.

I never want to do this again lol

Last edited:

Smigo

Gold Contributor
Member For 2 Years
So my gorilla bottles arrived and there was 12 instead of 15.
What on earth the phone call I had was about has me beat. Perhaps it was "you ordered and paid for 15 we are sending you 12" πŸ€”

Tornadoalleydeb

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Glad you made it that far!

Hotel room hint: turn on the fan for the heater in the room and always blow down towards the floor. I'm a road warrior with close to 150 nights in hotels this year.
I bow to your expertise.lol we are 2 hours away from my daughter's
Wow finally. Thought this day would never come. My animals have been so good too. Poor things. Such long days for them. I mean we would stop every 4 to 6 h hours to let the dogs out but still. And the kitties were in their own large kennel. That's what took up most of the room and why I brought so little with me. But that's okay. I wanted them as comfy as possible

Tornadoalleydeb

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Spent the day vaping on a new-to-me Abyss with a 21700 installed rigged up with the Haku Xeta - 5 wrap 24AWG SS316L - and filled with some pink lemonade. Nice ADV and decent TC.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk
That abyss is a great little bit of kit

gadget!

"The Trader"
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT
VU Patreon
We are 2 hours away from my daughter's
Wow finally. Thought this day would never come. My animals have been so good too. Poor things. Such long days for them. I mean we would stop every 4 to 6 h hours to let the dogs out but still. And the kitties were in their own large kennel. That's what took up most of the room and why I brought so little with me. But that's okay. I wanted them as comfy as possible
Yay!

Sent from a Galaxy far far away

bx10r

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I bow to your expertise.lol we are 2 hours away from my daughter's
Welcome to the east coast

Sent from my SM-G781U using Tapatalk

Just Frank

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
This morning after coffee β˜•, I made a set of C-SSFC coils. 2x29/40+(8x.3)/42ga:
fvYsHP4.jpg

YI59pH6.jpg

Threw em in a Nightmare after lunch 😁.
v2eYdMD.jpg

2lMtJRk.jpg

Merry Christmas VU!

Freyja

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
I use little pod kits when driving. While the car was warming up this morning, I took out the one I'd brought, inserted the pod, turned it on ... and the battery level indicator said it was at only 30%.
Oops, must have forgotten to charge it.
Had an appointment to get to, but it was only the first of a few and I was going to be out for most of the day. Definitely not going without a vape so, even though I had a time constraint and no idea what traffic would be like, I went back inside to grab another device.
After supper, I plugged the one that had said it was at 30% into my computer's USB port to charge. The screen came on ... and the battery level indicator said it was at 100%.
It was plain as day this morning: 30%, and the little battery icon just a third filled in.
It was plain as day this evening: 100%, and the battery icon full.
I choose to believe that God protected me from a car accident or something that would have happened had I not delayed leaving by a few minutes to grab another pod kit.
Maybe that's silly or arrogant. Maybe not.
Whatever you might believe, I needed to share it.

Tornadoalleydeb

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
This morning after coffee β˜•, I made a set of C-SSFC coils. 2x29/40+(8x.3)/42ga:
fvYsHP4.jpg

YI59pH6.jpg

Threw em in a Nightmare after lunch 😁.
v2eYdMD.jpg

2lMtJRk.jpg

Merry Christmas VU!
Damn..............and Sigh, I didn't bring my Nightmare RDA. I could of sworn I had tossed it in the suitcase, but I guess not. Poop, I had just gotten it too! But those are gorgeous. You have become a master

Tornadoalleydeb

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I ordered a Nightmare RDA this morning! lol all they had left was the electric green. but I don't care. Pissed me off that I forgot to bring mine with me. If I had my car I could of gone and picked it up too! The place isn't that far from me. But that's fine was only like $10 shipping and they didn't tag on any adult signature

Just Frank

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Damn..............and Sigh, I didn't bring my Nightmare RDA. I could of sworn I had tossed it in the suitcase, but I guess not. Poop, I had just gotten it too! But those are gorgeous. You have become a master
Thank you. That purple one looked so nice! Oh well, you got another one coming. I love em. I like the 25mm versions, but the 28's are better iMO. I don't lose any flavor, have more build space, and a bit more airflow. I prefer for it to be more open with the option of cutting it down. I've bought dual coil RDAs that don't suit me because the airflow is too tight, even wide open.

shawn.hoefer

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I rebuilt my Mobb Mini, and a couple of Boxxers for gym duty next week. I rebuilt a couple of Arbiters for work duty, and a Zeus X Mesh for Stepdot. PLayed with drip tips for the boro devices, too.

Spent a lot of time debating the purchase of a VV Pulse AIO. I have a Boxx, a Supbox, BB, and an Abyss... not sure I need another boro device, but damn...

Maybe if I part with all my non-boro pod kits... VV Kylin AIO, DotAIO, Mulus, etc. I could justify it...

SnapDragon NY

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT
Spent a lot of time debating the purchase of a VV Pulse AIO
Yep, so did I , but went ahead and purchased the VV Pulse AIO last night, price was too good to pass it by.

Maybe if I part with all my non-boro pod kits... , DotAIO
On that same order I purchased the new BP Modz Pioneer Insider for Dot for my Dot AIO- the Dot AIO RBA is such a PITA to use with it being too MTL for me also, and I love my Pioneer Insider for my BB and hoping the Pioneer Insider for Dot will be just as good.

shawn.hoefer

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
On that same order I purchased the new BP Modz Pioneer Insider for Dot for my Dot AIO- the Dot AIO RBA is such a PITA to use with it being too MTL for me also, and I love my Pioneer Insider for my BB and hoping the Pioneer Insider for Dot will be just as good.

I have a dotMission for the dotAIO that I like. After thinking about it, I rebuilt the Ratel XS and the Lost Vape Gemini, and the Mulus, too. I'll throw a build into the Prime X later today. Use them all side by side for a couple days, maybe... see what I think...

VU Sponsors