Become a Patron!

What did you do today that is vape related?

2WhiteWolves

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Yes we can smoke in the club in China. But seriously it was the fucking stupidest decision I made.
Go figure... China let's you smoke and Vape in clubs....
In the USA... It's DEMONIZED in Restaurants, Clubs/Bars....Anywhere. But we're the Land Of The FREE :huh: :question:
It was funny (not really) but I laughed :teehee:
After getting my tattoo done, was waiting for my ride outside. Two women were walking towards me, the wind was blowing from the North, two women walking from the South. I took a vape before I saw them, the Vapor blew towards them. After seeing them I didn't take another vape. :teehee: They took a step down off of the side walk onto the road made a wide half circle to avoid me, though, I never took another vape, and they just went off about how BAD Vaping is... OY VEH :headbang:
As it states below.... People need to...

! WAKE UP ! from the MEDIA SPELL !

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
In the USA... It's DEMONIZED in Restaurants, Clubs/Bars....Anywhere. But we're the Land Of The FREE :huh: :question:
After getting my tattoo done, was waiting for my ride outside. Two women were walking towards me, the wind was blowing from the North, two women walking from the South. I took a vape before I saw them, the Vapor blew towards them. After seeing them I didn't take another vape. :teehee: They took a step down off of the side walk onto the road made a wide half circle to avoid me, though, I never took another vape, and they just went off about how BAD Vaping is... OY VEH :headbang:

There are a lot of people in this world who need to just GET OVER THEMSELVES. Jeez.

dubya314

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years

I'll probably get yelled at for this, but I bet if you told them you were omnibypolarsexual, it would have been totally acceptable :blah:

Ruppy_bear

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor

I once knocked a delivery boy off his e-bike in an alley with my vape. I took a hit and didn’t see him coming. He fell, my first response was to help him and see if he was ok, but my living in China for a long time kicked in and said he might ask you to pay for expensive medical and responsibility.

So I quickly ran to the next alley and pretended to just come out. Then I ran up to the guy and ask if he was ok, are you hurt, what happened?

He told me a sudden gust of cloud just came toward him out no where and ask if I saw it? Immediate I looked around, then I said no what cloud are you talking about? You must be working too hard and seeing things.

In the end the dude was ok and he walked away with barely any injuries but was super confused.

I know I sound like a bad person for not helping the dude up in the first place, but I was worried that if he knew it was my fault then he find ways to blackmail me out of money (especially brain injuries as those are hard to find/see). But I knew if helped him up by a bystanders point of view I wouldn’t be in trouble.

gopher_byrd

Cranky Old Fart
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Ordered these hoping they're ok for PG/VG. 350ish ml ea. Wide mouth to fill w/o funnel, color coded, and made for thinner liquid so I hope it works well for PG. The other 2 can be cut if VG is too thick, probably.
And these, that don't have caps but I'll figure it out.
They should be fine for VG since they can handle ketchup and mayo. I'd be more worried about PG coming out too quickly.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Today as yesterday, vaped, refilled Kimech v2's squonk bottle. Keeping an eye on the contacts as far as seeing if they need cleaned.

Vape Fan

_evil twin_
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
They should be fine for VG since they can handle ketchup and mayo. I'd be more worried about PG coming out too quickly.
PG is what I was talking about. Description is contradictory - from mayonnaise to vinegar. I'll know tomorrow.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I can´t wait to have my first pod. Bought this one uwell-aeglos . Thoughts?

If you're only starting out, that kit may be all you need and/or want. If so enjoy it. If later on you want to try something different, ask around on here. You'll get some good suggestions for moving to different gear.

Last edited by a moderator:

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
If you're only starting out, that kit may be all you need and/or want. If so enjoy it. If later on you want to try something different, ask around on here. You'll get some good suggestions for moving to different gear.

You know they were promoting the site?

When they have the site part of their profile and it’s their first post.

Not that I am against it truly, but in the words from John Wick….”Rules, without them we live with the animals” -Winston

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
You know they were promoting the site?

When they have the site part of their profile and it’s their first post.

Not that I am against it truly, but in the words from John Wick….”Rules, without them we live with the animals” -Winston

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
About figured as much. Not a thing wrong in being courteous. That's all I was doing.

Lady Sarah

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
After my podiatrist appointment, we stopped at a vape shop to see what they had in stock. While they had zero RDTAs, they did have a Geekvape squonk mod I wanted, so I added that to my collection.
Upon adding a Vapefly Galaxies, this was a decent buy. Better flavor hit (for some reason) as compared to the same RDTA on other mods.

20220411_180842.jpg

Vape Fan

_evil twin_
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Ordered these hoping they're ok for PG/VG. 350ish ml ea. Wide mouth to fill w/o funnel, color coded, and made for thinner liquid so I hope it works well for PG. The other 2 can be cut if VG is too thick, probably.
And these, that don't have caps but I'll figure it out.

W/pg - upside down and no squeeze its a drip about every 5 secs or so.
But measuring into a small neck bottle on a scale would be a chore, so I'll use a [smaller] vg bottle with a smaller tip for test samples. The caps are hard to get off. There's a ridge on the cap side that makes the snap on fit and sanding that down a bit should fix that.

The 150ml ones I like. Big target when mixing and good for filling tanks or dripper bottles. Got something for a temp cap on one. Hopefully I'll run across something for that soon. Thought toothpick even plastic one, but naw.

I tend to avoid like the plague, buying something that needs "adjusted", but I'm using them so not going back.

Just Frank

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I mixed up a couple of those Jam monster "leaked" recipes. I did the strawberry one a few months ago. My impression is that it's really close but not the same. I made a 70/30 ratio while they claim 75/25. Maybe they altered the original recipe so what I'm used to isn't the old one. I dunno.. It's pretty friggin close though. The ones I did today are Blackberry (my favorite), and Blueberry (okay to good but not that special). I have the stuff to make the Grape leaked recipe, but I've never had JM Grape E-liquid. The PB & Jam Grape version is pretty good though. I have no interest in the Raspberry one because the Blackberry version makes it taste like shit lol.

I'm hoping the Blackberry recipe is spot on because I love it 😁.

shawn.hoefer

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I mixed up a couple of those Jam monster "leaked" recipes. I did the strawberry one a few months ago. My impression is that it's really close but not the same. I made a 70/30 ratio while they claim 75/25. Maybe they altered the original recipe so what I'm used to isn't the old one. I dunno.. It's pretty friggin close though. The ones I did today are Blackberry (my favorite), and Blueberry (okay to good but not that special). I have the stuff to make the Grape leaked recipe, but I've never had JM Grape E-liquid. The PB & Jam Grape version is pretty good though.

I'm hoping the Blackberry recipe is spot on because I love it .
Care to drop a link? Od send me a message. Those are some of my favorites, too.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Just Frank

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Care to drop a link? Od send me a message. Those are some of my favorites, too.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk
No problem.
https://e-liquid-recipes.com/?filter=216265

I just got a few bottles of the ones I mixed up to hold me over. The blueberry one is pretty fresh (Born on date). I just smelled it and the OOO Honey Puffs is definitely in it. It's an unmistakable fragrance.
NOc0AsD.jpg

Edit: I forgot to mention they supposedly use an obscure flavor brand in most of them.
3MX00RQ.jpg

The Strawberry jam flavor is awesome. @SessionDrummer did a review on it recently.

Last edited:

Synphul

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Got a couple coils made and refreshed the fat rabbit. Was originally going for staged with fused clapton and a helix but stupid me forgot how springy twisted coils are. Been awhile since I made one. Trying to get the two, the clapton and twisted to nest and legs to line up wasn't happening so ditched the helix for 26g roundwire. Ended up at 0.15 so chances are the helix might've dropped me lower than I wanted anyway. Just something different from my usual. Flavor's good so can't bitch.

Mixed up 490ml of juice, 30ml of bourbon custard playing with it, 100ml of a sadboy butter cookie clone, 120ml of the 'old fashioned' cocktail flavor and 240ml of my usual banana cream/strawberry mix.

4-16-22 fat rabbit new coils.jpg

Synphul

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Grabbed another pulse v2 off sourcemore, they have them for $37 plus shipping. One of the better prices I could find and they had the obsidian g10 in stock. The resin sticker on my red one is getting funky, tried to get a g10 version back when there was a sale for $20 but they sold out and refunded me. Looking at the price of custom panels seemed better off to just buy another one.

It's one of the newer ones without bluetooth but far as I know the vandy app has been dinked anyway. Never was running smoothly when it was working. Added a smoke bottle with it and saved a whopping 70 cents using their 'easter' code lol. Unfortunately didn't apply to on sale items so no % off on the mod. $14 shipping sucks but looks like our heyday of free shipping from china is over. Beats the $25 shipping another place wanted. Figured better get it now before it goes away like the swell did.

Just Frank

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I cleaned about a half dozen RDAs today. I almost couldn't put one back together. It was a Tauren Max and I tore it completely down. It's got like spring loaded clamps on the bottom. I forgot which way they went and had to check out a video. It was still difficult to get back together but I got it.

I lost my first ever 510 positive pin insulator for an RDA today. Usually they're stuck in place but not always. It was for an RDA for Vaping deck and it went down the drain. I have clones so I thought I could just steal one off of one of the cheaper decks. Nope. They didn't make em the same. I might try message the Turd-meister but I'm not too optimistic. I have three originals and rarely use more than two at once so it'll be okay I guess 😆. The authentic caps fit over the clone decks so I could try that too.

Just Frank

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I might try message the Turd-meister but I'm not too optimistic.
To follow up on my last post, I did get a hold of Mr. Howard. He said he has a spare parts listing on the site. I must've always missed it but happy it's there now. For three bucks or whatever it is, you can get new 510 pins (squonk & standard), and both peek insulators. I got two sets! 😁
oGHJ1Vx.jpg

I picked up another RDA since they're on sale and I didn't have the gunmetal version. Colored rings are only three bucks as well.
NSZvT5k.jpg

I mainly use Cloud Caps but why not..

Freyja

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Rebuilt an RTA + cleaned 4 tanks while listening to a CASAA live stream recording with Clive Bates. He's very knowledgeable and speaks well but I wish he, and CASAA, would be more aggressive in countering the real reasons behind the war on vaping in the US.

Best thing, though, was an appointment with my doctor: After a thorough listen to my lungs, she said "Sounds good." 50 years of cigarette smoking yet my lungs sound good now! Vaping is amazing!

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Rebuilt an RTA + cleaned 4 tanks while listening to a CASAA live stream recording with Clive Bates. He's very knowledgeable and speaks well but I wish he, and CASAA, would be more aggressive in countering the real reasons behind the war on vaping in the US.

Best thing, though, was an appointment with my doctor: After a thorough listen to my lungs, she said "Sounds good." 50 years of cigarette smoking yet my lungs sound good now! Vaping is amazing!

Yup. After I'd been vaping for four or five years, doc told me my lungs sounded like I had never been a smoker. 39 years for me.

Vaping saves lives. Also has saved my sister, who had COPD in her early forties. No doubt about it. Her dad, a never-reformed smoker, died of emphysema at 59 (we are half-sisters).

Train

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Just whipped up 1700 mls of my all-day-every-day flavor.
:cool:

Why 1700? That's just how much I could make with the nic I had thawed.
Just about got me to my "fill-em-up" point anyway. I tend to mix when I'm down to 2-300 mls, and load up to something in the range of 2 liters. So it all gets some time to steep...

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
I haven't done it yet, but I need to, so I'm posting this as a commitment to take care of it this afternoon.

I resurrected a Lemo 2 RTA the other day, and apparently I stuffed it too full of cotton. The first two tanks full of liquid vaped fine, but the tank I'm on now is on the verge of burning the cotton. I see no bubbles and the liquid level isn't dropping like it should. I've tilted it every way I can, opened the top feed to see if breaking the vacuum would help, but it still is just stuck. (I may also have over-filled it - I seem to remember this tank likes some air space at the top, but it's more likely just got too much cotton in it.)

I'm dreading it because the tank is slap full of liquid, and I think it will need to be emptied before I work on it. Blech. A slimy mess. But it's gotta be done.

Last edited:

VapeOn1960

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I'm dreading it because the tank is slap full of liquid, and I think it will need to be emptied before I work on it. Blech. A slimy mess. But it's gotta be done.
Do you have a blunt needle syringe? use that to empty. Tile the tank towards the top (with fill hole facing up) You can get most of the juice out. Obviously, you need to re-do the cotton but for this RTA, I use rayon (have lot's of it... will send a sample if you are interested) Most other RTAs get cotton.

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Mixed up a liter of nic + base. Only have maybe 100ml left in my other bottle.

BCF order came.

Worked on two diy mixes that have issues - both are coffee-based. One is way too sweet, the other doesn't have enough flavoring in it, so I added a good bit of one to the other and did some mixing back and forth. A very unscientific way to try to make a correction, and no telling what I have now, but I imagine I'll vape it anyway! I'm not about to throw 200ml of juice down the drain.

@jcash74 I love that RDA and drip tip you have on your Dead squonker. Looks absolutely great!

gloopdegurp

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
I adjusted the wicking a bit in my Fat Rabbit Solo ("Cloudy"). No major problems there but I know that I can get him tuned in better.

Cleaning up a handful of old commercial juice dropper bottles to use for mixing. I have about 40 yet from my early days and am kind of glad now that I didn't dispose of them years ago.

Also compared my flavor stash to ATF's 100 Top/Hot/Popular flavor lists to see what I have that is on those. Made a list of those that I don't have which appear on at least two of the lists to consider for future purchase.
Saved a bunch of recipes from there as well.

VapeOn1960

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Cleaning up a handful of old commercial juice dropper bottles to use for mixing. I have about 40 yet from my early days and am kind of glad now that I didn't dispose of them years ago.
I do this in the dishwasher (with just a bit of dish soap) I put them upside down on the top rack and cover with a plastic mesh (held down with zip ties) I do the caps by hand and rinse in a plastic strainer.

gloopdegurp

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
How do I find that?
Not sure if it is the same with every device, but I'm using Chrome browser in desktop view with my Android phone and open the flavor menu where it will give you options to Browse Flavors or open the Top/Hot/Popular Flavor lists.
If you have your flavor stash entered at ATF, it will show your flavors in a check box. I just wrote down the ones that weren't in my stash for each list and then grouped them by vendor on another paper.
Then I went through and put a check next to the flavor for each list it appeared on.

Screenshot of the flavor page as on my device,
Screenshot_20220710-211336.png

VapeOn1960

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Not sure if it is the same with every device, but I'm using Chrome browser in desktop view with my Android phone and open the flavor menu where it will give you options to Browse Flavors or open the Top/Hot/Popular Flavor lists.
Thank you. I'm using a desktop (Ubuntu Linux and Chromium browser... basically Chrome)
Found it... never noticed the Top flavors link.

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Built the (clone) DotMOBB Keychain RBA that came from FT in today's mail. I'm glad I didn't judge all bridge devices by the Ambition Mods' Molen bridge I bought first. This DotMOBB is fantastic, as is the liquid I put in it - King's Crest Duchess Reserve. It's kind of a butterscotch-candy-custard flavor, seriously yummy!

I went with a little smaller airflow plug than I'd normally use, since I discovered that the DotMission bridge does so much better in the OhmAIO that has a lot less airflow than the DotAIO SE. Makes a huge difference (for the better) in the flavor.

Last edited:

Just Frank

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I plan on getting back into DIY soon. I've been mixing since 2017 but have mainly been buying my liquid the last couple of years. I have just about everything I need but could always use tester bottles. I'm gonna recycle all or most of my old ones. I just ordered a couple hundred 10ml gorilla bottles from a place I've never heard of. They're in St Louis and have go reviews so that's good. I was gonna just go the eBay route but almost all of the big lots (100 counts) are from China. Not sure where people are getting their bottles from these days.

VU Sponsors