Become a Patron!

What song are you playing right now?

AndiPants

Member For 3 Years
"19" "21" and "25" by Adele on Random. I got 21 and 25 on release day and have listened to 25 in it's entirety every day since it was released.

robot zombie

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Ha-Ha, give my best to your mom...;-)
Moody Blues is a little too deep for most. So is Floyd, really.
Haha, now that I think about it, she's the one who got me listening to the Moody Blues. You could say I've been listening to them since I was a child. There are chapters throughout my life at home that are marked by certain songs of theirs that she had blaring in the living room. Never really got with it until I was old enough to comprehend the lyrics.

Pink Floyd, too... ...well, I found them myself... ...in her record collection.

I've had this stuck playing on loop in my head all day. Not a bad thing for my brain to pull out at work. Chill "get shit done" music. Should probably get this album back on my phone for those long nights spent at work, playing monopoly with someone else's money.

And since we're talking about talented musicians, a little Ian Ethan can't hurt...
Not really technically brilliant so much as he is brilliantly creative. 18 strings and a smattering of capos can't hold the guy back from making some crazy beautiful music. Clever use of a looper aside, it's pretty neato. Even if it is neato cheato.

No cheating on this one...

Last edited:

HazyShades

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Haha, now that I think about it, she's the one who got me listening to the Moody Blues. You could say I've been listening to them since I was a child. There are chapters throughout my life at home that are marked by certain songs of theirs that she had blaring in the living room. Never really got with it until I was old enough to comprehend the lyrics.
Your mom and I are about the same age and she sounds like a very hip and wholesome lady.
I lived in Gainesville for a few years and often hitch-hiked through North Central FL
and found myself as I "talked" with you wondering whether I'd ever met your mom.

I mean that respectfully of course...unless her name is Evelyn and she worked at a Tacos Ole in Hogtown
when she was young...that'd be a real trip.

Bro, I managed a head shop..record store, a couple in fact.
You should see my vinyl. Not a whole lot, I was very selective.
I'm just about set up to start transferring the good stuff to digital.

Carry on. I'll be in the background chilling listening to your tunes.
I did some busting butt this afternoon and need to stand down.

HazyShades

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years

I've had this stuck playing on loop in my head all day. Not a bad thing for my brain to pull out at work. Chill "get shit done" music. Should probably get this album back on my phone for those long nights spent at work, playing monopoly with someone else's money.

And since we're talking about talented musicians, a little Ian Ethan can't hurt...

Not really technically brilliant so much as he is brilliantly creative. 18 strings and a smattering of capos can't hold the guy back from making some crazy beautiful music. Clever use of a looper aside, it's pretty neato. Even if it is neato cheato.

No cheating on this one...

got 3 necks to your two
Wow, I just realized one of those is a 12 string. 24 strings..cool.

better yet, how about SIX necks if he'd shut up and play..but he won't and only plays one..joker

Last edited:

robot zombie

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Your mom and I are about the same age and she sounds like a very hip and wholesome lady.
I lived in Gainesville for a few years and often hitch-hiked through North Central FL
and found myself as I "talked" with you wondering whether I'd ever met your mom.

I mean that respectfully of course...unless her name is Evelyn and she worked at a Tacos Ole in Hogtown
when she was young...that'd be a real trip.
Haha, nope, but I think you're pretty on the mark. She'd probably think what you said was really sweet. She's the type to see the good in everyone. She's down with any crowd. Some of her good friends are closer to my age and they're cooler than me! The people she used to bring home (when I was there)... ...and still does, much to my dad's dismay lol. Just like, "Who the fuck is this wild-lookin motherfucker in my house?" or "Wait, I KNOW you from somewhere and I can't say where in front of my parents..." type of shit. They've all been very kind, honest, and genuine people, though. I think she picks up on things like that because of the kind of person she is.

So thanks for the kind words. I'll be sure to pass them onto her. She'd be delighted.

Bro, I managed a head shop..record store, a couple in fact.
You should see my vinyl. Not a whole lot, I was very selective.
I'm just about set up to start transferring the good stuff to digital.
Having a small record collection isn't a bad thing. If you know what you like and you really know your stuff, then you should have a small collection. I will say that I have a massive music collection, but that's because I'm always trying stuff out. Out of it all, I have maybe 20-30 albums that I always come back to. If I was going to start collecting vinyl, I wouldn't need a very big shelf, just very big speakers.

LOL @ that 6-neck abomination of an instrument. Who's that thing for? Doc Ock? Cthulhu?

Vai is great, don't get me wrong. But comparing him to Ian Ethan is meaningless. Completely different goals and approaches. They're both badass musicians to me.

Back to the music...

Tom_Pulliam

Bronze Contributor
Member For 5 Years
For sure, though if you're going off my age, as far as music is concerned I'd be more 50 :D, Love the classic rock, and classical. Love many different genres though. One thing (and thank you for it) is I love good covers of songs I already love. It's always nice to hear songs done well another way. 3 covers come to mind in this regard. The Disturbed one my current favorite song (but favorite songs are fleeting and change week to week as I outplay them). Then of course Johnny Cash's Hurt always comes into the "best covers ever" but I'm sure you've heard that.

EDIT: adding another of my favorite cover bands:
Great covers loved each of them so much thanks for sharing

Sent from my 831C using Tapatalk

HazyShades

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
So thanks for the kind words. I'll be sure to pass them onto her. She'd be delighted.

Please do, I'm quite sincere and don't go around calling just anybody "wholesome" or hip.
BTW, that might have been a Taco Bell. All I remember is I was starving and she fed me free
custom burritos. Beautiful lady too...but we've established she wasn't your mom...son. LOL!

I don't really like Val. Anything stranger than Vangelis is too strange for me.

HazyShades

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Had no idea how many artists had covered this piece until tonight

Sent from my 831C using Tapatalk
I never heard of the last guy until last night but now I'm a fan.
Watch him do Hendrix, Tom. The guy is unreal, picks that guitar like it was his nose.

robot zombie

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
haven't heard this in ages
That whole album is packed with nuts. Insane, I tell you! The guy was a pioneer in layering. I like the original version better though :/

NSFW. Also not for people who are scared by nipples. Seriously not sure what this beat has to do with Heavy Metal. But whatever. This is supposed to be about the subantarctic beat. Damned youtubers and their need to add extra visuals. *Sigh* at least they chose a cool scene.

JERUS

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Clapton who? That some kinda coil?
Finally getting to listen through all these, pretty awesome stuff, but this one, well as much as I like acoustic guitar I can't help but feel somethings are really better on electric. Very few though :D

MrScaryZ

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
got 3 necks to your two
Wow, I just realized one of those is a 12 string. 24 strings..cool.

better yet, how about SIX necks if he'd shut up and play..but he won't and only plays one..joker
That aint shit
4c6212a7564b65a9706b21c6e2a37fac.jpg

VU Sponsors