Become a Patron!

What song are you playing right now?

Air Blower

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
@Air Blower heres a great one by chet faker. we blasted this all summer last year dancing around the fire in the back yard...hypnotic video too..
Very cool video!

I usually trust my 23 & 24 year old nieces to keep me up to date with good new music but they failed me with Chet. I found him by pure accident when listening to some other tunes on youtube. Very talented and his band is great! The drummer reminds me of Stewart Copeland from the Police.

Air Blower

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Cool version of Crazy by Gnarls Barkely.

mach1ne

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
found him by pure accident when listening to some other tunes on youtube
youtube can be great for that with that autoplay option. its pretty chaotic though lol...depending on your starting search/song title you could end up somewhere you dont wanna be pretty quick o_O

Air Blower

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
youtube can be great for that with that autoplay option. its pretty chaotic though lol...depending on your starting search/song title you could end up somewhere you dont wanna be pretty quick o_O
LOL!

That's the truth, my 7 year old uses my laptop sometimes and I'll youtube a song then the next thing I'll hear is Cookie Swirl C gushing over a Shopkin:mad:

mach1ne

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
LOL!

That's the truth, my 7 year old uses my laptop sometimes and I'll youtube a song then the next thing I'll hear is Cookie Swirl C gushing over a Shopkin:mad:
lol! yeah. i listen to a lot of metal and random stuff. lots of metal bands go for a bit of shock with the song titles, album names etc. autoplay has taken us on a few strange journeys when left to do its thing for a few hours...

roartweetybabe1994

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
LOL!

that's one thing I really hate about the internet - no child has an imagination anymore. They all wanna be on the internet. I remember when going outside was the it thing, and if you were the first one inside you were lame.

robot zombie

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Really wish she'd go back to this cosmically-trippy, late-nite, new-school-downtempo stuff. I think Midnight Menu was where she peaked. That shit was just sublime. Frosty rainbow sherbet.

Lately, it seems like she's taken all of the good drugs and somehow wound up on this grimes-esque experimental pop/EDM kick that I just can't quite comprehend... ...just such a huge jump in styles. I mean, that's okay. It's her music. I'm just kinda disappointed because this is the stuff I think she's got a real talent for. Her abilities aren't really coming out in the new stuff. Just sounds like she's not in her element with the new stuff. It sounds so watered down :/

Haha, I dunno I tend to like it for that. I'll just be tuning out for a while and then I'll have one of those "WTF is this and why is it actually kind of awesome?!" moments that send me on month-long journeys through all of this weird, but refreshing stuff. The rest of the time, it's just good for laughs.

roartweetybabe1994

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Really wish she'd go back to this cosmically-trippy, late-nite, new-school-downtempo stuff. I think Midnight Menu was where she peaked. That shit was just sublime. Frosty rainbow sherbet.

Lately, it seems like she's taken all of the good drugs and somehow wound up on this grimes-esque experimental pop/EDM kick that I just can't quite comprehend... ...just such a huge jump in styles. I mean, that's okay. It's her music. I'm just kinda disappointed because this is the stuff I think she's got a real talent for. Her abilities aren't really coming out in the new stuff. Just sounds like she's not in her element with the new stuff. It sounds so watered down :/

Haha, I dunno I tend to like it for that. I'll just be tuning out for a while and then I'll have one of those "WTF is this and why is it actually kind of awesome?!" moments that send me on month-long journeys through all of this weird, but refreshing stuff. The rest of the time, it's just good for laughs.

I miss her older stuff too, she used to make good music; oh well as the stars get bigger the more mainstream they become.

mach1ne

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
agreed. its been entertaining every time. it actually seems to be getting better at finding more relevant things too. one night for a laugh i put on a song called 'kill all the white people!' for my buddy and it kept playing that band for a while and then started playing all this crazy political shit and suddenly we were in the armpit of the tubes.

robot zombie

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I miss her older stuff too, she used to make good music; oh well as the stars get bigger the more mainstream they become.
True, but you look at some artists who just blow and continue to do stuff their own way... ...they make the music they want to make and somehow keep that connection with their fan base. It's very strange how some can and others can't. I personally want to see my favorite underground artists do well and eventually go mainstream. I want as many people to hear and appreciate it as possible. I really don't think its a given that all underground artists have to change their sounds to go mainstream... ...or at least I would hope that it wasn't.

It's sort of a catch 22. You can stay underground and hustle your ass off for a smaller, more dedicated fanbase, or you can sign with a major label and have them handle nitty gritty stuff in exchange for having to do some things that aren't you. I dunno, I'm noticing that some underground artists are given a lot of control by their labels. I think when you already have a strong following, they tend to respect that. They know these artists don't need them as much... ...not when they've been at it for years and people really know who they are and what they're about. Labelscan't look at your sizable, loyal fanbase and tell you "no." Not the smart ones, anyway. It is my hope that things will continue moving in this direction and we'll see more creative control being put back into the hands of the artists.

Air Blower

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
that's one thing I really hate about the internet - no child has an imagination anymore. They all wanna be on the internet. I remember when going outside was the it thing, and if you were the first one inside you were lame.
I'm lucky my kid isn't an indoor kid. She would be outside 24/7 if we let her but with cold Canadian winters and a southern US raised wife who thinks anything below 32F is un-survivable, some time on devices isn't all that bad;)

robot zombie

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
This one was a real "Oh fuck!" moment for my tiny 21-year-old brain. Too many weird accents and too much interpolation for my comprehension. Now I can count em all out XD. It's actually not very hard to do once you pick out the patterns.

mach1ne

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
This one was a real "Oh fuck!" moment for my tiny 21-year-old brain. Too many weird accents and interpolation for my comprehension. Now I can count em all out XD. It's actually not very hard to do once you pick out the patterns.
i used to hang out on a forum that one of those guys hung out on. i remember him posting a 'heres my garage band' kind of thread, then this.

robot zombie

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
i used to hang out on a forum that one of those guys hung out on. i remember him posting a 'heres my garage band' kind of thread, then this.
Haha, I remember those days man. The way they presented themselves was fuckin hilarious to me. Like "duhhhhr, so here's what I'm up to, just some bullshit really." And it would turn out to be the craziest shit. Birth and death of a revolution.

Why is that all of the crazy Djent forerunners were just dudes on forums? Shit, I remember when Misha Mansoor was just some dude on Sevenstring. I WAS THERE MANNN!

The Omnislash EP is still my favorite from them. The other stuff just doesn't have the same raw aggression, though everything else improved. *shrugs* I may be a minority there. Maybe it's nostalgia blindness.

mach1ne

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
@robot zombie yeah its funny how some of the best stuff (i notice it most in metal but it happens across the board) is made by dudes in jeans and some other dudes bands tshirt...compared to some talent-less hack that spends more time on tmz than in the studio.

heres a flashback:

JERUS

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year

It's 50/50 for me, sometimes awesome, sometimes I end up in things that I just flat out hate. I'll be sitting there listening to something good that I know, then something I know but not so good, and then boom something I know and hate! As things link sometimes it hits into completely unrelated crap. Like you say though sometimes it hits things I don't know but I end up liking more than what I typed in first.

robot zombie

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
two days in a row of building a coil to a @robot zombie post :cheers:
Bahaha, most of the stuff I post is music I coil to. It all goes hand in hand... ...music, coiling, and VU. Don't worry. One of these days I'll post something you'll hate coiling to. It's inevitable. I get into all sorts of weird shit when we start talking background music. Just shit that slips past my usual filters because my mind is focused elsewhere.

This is not one of those things. I just generally like DT and SYL... ...this is how you start off a fucking album.

mach1ne

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
@robot zombie heres mine for the night. this one lends itself well to slipping into the background, then jumps out and scares you a moment after you forget about it...

"You are alone at the time, and the time now is always."

VU Sponsors