Become a Patron!

What song are you playing right now?

HazyShades

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Mesmerizing piece

Sent from my 831C using Tapatalk
Think that's the point of the chant. Check out Casey Connor, especially the first one I posted.
I found that to be mesmerizing, I like how he keeps time by tapping on his chest.
Of course, I like the cajón in that tune also.

robot zombie

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Slept on the dude since GKMC, mostly because of hype. When people start calling someone the greatest rapper of all time, you know there's something to it, but such labels always leave me with this instinctual sense of disbelief. I think to myself "so... ...let's hear this 'greatest rapper alive' <_<" I can't help but question anyone who worships any artist or work of art. It's too divisive to be meaningful.

Just ruins it for me. With things like this, I get a lot more mileage if I wait until I find a genuine reason to listen/watch from within myself, rather than going straight into it just because people are talking it up. It helps to have a genuine interest in something before hoping to enjoy it. Things never go as expected when you allow other people to completely inform your opinions on something that you have no exposure to.

I'm a hard person to recommend shit to, heh. I don't hate things that are popular for being popular. I don't want them to suck. I just hate how people tend to take away other people's ability to form their own perceptions of it by making it this obligatory thing that you just have to experience and enjoy. If it is truly good, then it will stand true without all of the dick-riding.

Anyway... ...musically, it's very esoteric. Lyrically, it's very dense, heavy, and even weirder than some of the tunes themselves. A lot of it is very deranged and emotionally charged... ...the ramblings of an incomplete person. But occasionally there are these very beautiful poetic moments of clarity and completeness. It's a strange and often dysphoric, but very rewarding ride.

A lot of people say it's about people, black and white... ...but I think it's more about Kendrick - his visions, his world, his experiences. Glad I listened to it. It's not the best thing ever to me, but it's very good and I can understand how so many people can resonate with it so. It's one of those things that you don't have to relate to directly because the display of humanity alone is enough to reach a person's heart. I don't have the reference point to truly get it, but I definitely feel it.

HazyShades

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
listen to this tune
Edit: Nope, don't listen to this tune...sorry boys and girls..but on
reviewing this video I noticed a bare mammary gland with nipple and baby
at exactly the one minute mark that I missed before and since I don't really want any
politically correct mammary gland hating mammals to get peeved at this humble vaper...
or offended by the female anatomy...axed it.

So if anybody really wants to listen/watch this excellent video
go youtube "Caifanes" 'Afuera' (see: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Caifanes)
and have fun rocking out in Español.

If any of y'all actually saw the teat then please accept my insincere apologies
and try to think back to a time
when a teat was all you cared about in life.

Last edited:

HazyShades

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Wow.....just.....wow that was awesome

Sent from my 831C using Tapatalk
I'm pretty sure I'd never be able to play one of those
'cause I can't even get a clarinet to peep
but those pipes sure are pretty and the sound is so pleasant!

I was actually trying to find a group of Chilean pipers I watched
several times back when I re-broadcasted South American TV at the earth station.
Those guys have played for royalty, at the UN, ETC. I'll find them for you.

Glad you enjoy some of the music I post, Tom.
Best Regards,
Hazy back in the woodwork.

Frenchfry1942

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
@HazyShades , I remember this from my youth. When I consider the quality of a song, one category is musical arrangement. Good or bad, it is really evident here. Someone did good with the video.

HazyShades

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
@HazyShades , I remember this from my youth. When I consider the quality of a song, one category is musical arrangement. Good or bad, it is really evident here. Someone did good with the video.
I agree Frenchie..used to run with a Hell's Angel by that nick..Frenchie.
Either your bike is a '42 or you got me beat by a few years, Sir :)
I also remember it from way back and having experience in the broadcast/video production industry
I agree with you. Excellent. Happy Easter!
Regards,
Hazy

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Hocus Pocus by Focus 1973 - was playing at the end of Vinyl and drove me nuts until I found out the name and downloaded it.

VU Sponsors