Become a Patron!

Whiskey's CORNER #2 (#3 will be created 8-1-16)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Good morning all! So, I ordered a Reuleaux RX200. Ryan from Saft E-Juice brought one over and despite it's weight...I really liked it! Got the white/cyan one, and a new Kayfun V4 to put atop it.....I chose it because I have some SS Dragon coils that I want to run on it, and it can do SS in TC natively.

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Good morning Andria:coffee:

Went out to start my truck and it was dead. The battery is shot:mad:

I can't give that post a like. :( We had to buy a new battery back in the early fall last year. Them thangs ain't cheap! At least, the decent ones aren't.

Andria

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
I'll just leave this here...
fO2AfTf.jpg

LOveWerks

Music Poet; Prose Addict; Team Supporter; Vapester
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Hello, everyone, and good morning. It is truly amazing that I, once a regular post guy (now, with Liz riding 'shotgun') at @Whiskey's Corner; then, @Whiskey's Corner #2, aka "@Whiskey's West," have been 'late to the party' in my visits to this forum thread. Too much stuff going on in my life, I suppose.

I miss being able to post, insert all the 'likes' that I can, and just being more interactive. Once we get settled in The Rockies, I'll try to pick up the pace :treadmill:.

This week: Wednesday, I go to get registered at the hospital for my upcoming surgery on the 27th. This Thursday, yet another surgery:gaah:. This is becoming very tiresome, to say the least. I've not been feeling well, and I've not been in a very good frame of mind. I spoke with both of my kids early yesterday evening; it was bittersweet, hard to endure, and it turned my evening into a crying jag.

I should've turned on one of our saved 1080i/p films (we're up to around 360 of them, now) that fell under the nomenclature of Action/Adventure, or something along those lines - science fiction, or something that would take my mind off of the conversation with my grown kids. Instead, being the hopeless romantic that I am, I turned on Disney's film "Cinderella." What an idiot.

There wasn't enough Kleenex to get through that. Liz had already fallen asleep, so I was alone.

Of course, we all 'know' that men of my generation, and generations past - were TRAINED to keep emotions bottled up, and away from the public eye. Yet, I was powerless to control what I was feeling. Even when your children have grown up, it is still your job to love them.

Yet, the life path that my son is taking is distressing... his mother, my ex, is an alcoholic. So is he. He never leaves the county that he lives in, and has adopted a twang in his speech that, to me, is quite annoying. I had worked with both of my kids, to make sure that their speech wasn't my Boston brogue, or any other dialect. They started off their lives in the Tidewater area of Virginia, which is a melting pot - due to the presence of the US Navy. They did very well, when it came to their diction. I was earning enough money to keep them in private school. I wish that we had remained there, instead of moving to the Deep South. We made the move from Tidewater, to please my ex - so that she could be closer to her family.

My father, at that point in his life - had also begun his heavy drinking, after my mother had passed. Eventually, he ended up joining us down there, and lived another five years, until cancer took him in 2006.

Damn it, Jim...

My son has also begun to dip snuff, in the belief that he's "...saving his lungs." Yet, I held my tongue, and I encouraged him as best as I could. My daughter's conversation with me was better - even though it was more emotional, and she finally realizes that I'm really going away this time.

She said, "Maybe I could come out to visit, and go to Red Rocks to see a concert with you guys." I told her that she was welcome in our home anytime. She's an apprentice to a major tattoo artist in Tennessee. She already has her 'sleeves.' Her husband-to-be is supporting both of them, and while I may not agree with how she's applying her artistic talents - like her brother, I encouraged her, as these are their life paths.

PTSD? Oh, yes. Anxiety? Definitely. My psychiatrists and therapists have all agreed upon those two, as well as depression... so, last night I prayed. It helped, but the feeling of abject misery still did not go away. My health has been worrisome; yet, there are other people here in this thread, who are going through far worse, so I'll insert :deadhorse:... No offense meant, here. I'm writing about myself. Forgive me, if it sounds like a 'pity party.'

Stress headaches have become the norm of my days, lately. Liz and I are still very much in tune with each other, so she feels my stress and strain; and, is very supportive. I couldn't ask for a better life partner. She and I are together forever. Yet, there are days when she is grumpy, and out of sorts... and, the bickering starts. Afterward, we both apologize, and the day continues in her sunshine.

Well, it looks like I've made good use of the new smileys. I can only hope that today is an improvement, over yesterday. May everyone have a wonderful Sunday.

LW & Liz (yay! She just got home :):):):))

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hi LW, we all take life in stride I think, and all handle what it throws at us, very differently, among those are our own beliefs and faiths. To be open minded is a gift , one hopefully shared by all, and we all have our war stories and battle scars. I hope your upcoming procedures go well and god speed your recoveries. Say hello to Liz for me:):)

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Hello, everyone, and good morning. It is truly amazing that I, once a regular post guy (now, with Liz riding 'shotgun') at @Whiskey's Corner; then, @Whiskey's Corner #2, aka "@Whiskey's West," have been 'late to the party' in my visits to this forum thread. Too much stuff going on in my life, I suppose.

I miss being able to post, insert all the 'likes' that I can, and just being more interactive. Once we get settled in The Rockies, I'll try to pick up the pace :treadmill:.

This week: Wednesday, I go to get registered at the hospital for my upcoming surgery on the 27th. This Thursday, yet another surgery:gaah:. This is becoming very tiresome, to say the least. I've not been feeling well, and I've not been in a very good frame of mind. I spoke with both of my kids early yesterday evening; it was bittersweet, hard to endure, and it turned my evening into a crying jag.

I should've turned on one of our saved 1080i/p films (we're up to around 360 of them, now) that fell under the nomenclature of Action/Adventure, or something along those lines - science fiction, or something that would take my mind off of the conversation with my grown kids. Instead, being the hopeless romantic that I am, I turned on Disney's film "Cinderella." What an idiot.

There wasn't enough Kleenex to get through that. Liz had already fallen asleep, so I was alone.

Of course, we all 'know' that men of my generation, and generations past - were TRAINED to keep emotions bottled up, and away from the public eye. Yet, I was powerless to control what I was feeling. Even when your children have grown up, it is still your job to love them.

Yet, the life path that my son is taking is distressing... his mother, my ex, is an alcoholic. So is he. He never leaves the county that he lives in, and has adopted a twang in his speech that, to me, is quite annoying. I had worked with both of my kids, to make sure that their speech wasn't my Boston brogue, or any other dialect. They started off their lives in the Tidewater area of Virginia, which is a melting pot - due to the presence of the US Navy. They did very well, when it came to their diction. I was earning enough money to keep them in private school. I wish that we had remained there, instead of moving to the Deep South. We made the move from Tidewater, to please my ex - so that she could be closer to her family.

My father, at that point in his life - had also begun his heavy drinking, after my mother had passed. Eventually, he ended up joining us down there, and lived another five years, until cancer took him in 2006.

Damn it, Jim...

My son has also begun to dip snuff, in the belief that he's "...saving his lungs." Yet, I held my tongue, and I encouraged him as best as I could. My daughter's conversation with me was better - even though it was more emotional, and she finally realizes that I'm really going away this time.

She said, "Maybe I could come out to visit, and go to Red Rocks to see a concert with you guys." I told her that she was welcome in our home anytime. She's an apprentice to a major tattoo artist in Tennessee. She already has her 'sleeves.' Her husband-to-be is supporting both of them, and while I may not agree with how she's applying her artistic talents - like her brother, I encouraged her, as these are their life paths.

PTSD? Oh, yes. Anxiety? Definitely. My psychiatrists and therapists have all agreed upon those two, as well as depression... so, last night I prayed. It helped, but the feeling of abject misery still did not go away. My health has been worrisome; yet, there are other people here in this thread, who are going through far worse, so I'll insert :deadhorse:... No offense meant, here. I'm writing about myself. Forgive me, if it sounds like a 'pity party.'

Stress headaches have become the norm of my days, lately. Liz and I are still very much in tune with each other, so she feels my stress and strain; and, is very supportive. I couldn't ask for a better life partner. She and I are together forever. Yet, there are days when she is grumpy, and out of sorts... and, the bickering starts. Afterward, we both apologize, and the day continues in her sunshine.

Well, it looks like I've made good use of the new smileys. I can only hope that today is an improvement, over yesterday. May everyone have a wonderful Sunday.

LW & Liz (yay! She just got home :):):):))
I was based in Tidewater for a couple of years (NAB Little Creek)....doing....Navy things.

Vapin4Joy

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hello all, well my dogs took me on a 2 mile walk dogs being dogs, they smelled, sniffed and licked everything in sight, they had fun and all had a smile on his or her face. When we returned home each one got a big dog Milk Bone and a new rawhide dog chew, they are all sprawled out in the yard content and devouring the chews. I can now stretch out watch the tube and vape.
Oh yea, I'm going to make myself a mahoosive salad for lunch! :giggle:

Last edited:

Skullzz

Blonde disaster
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Hello all, well my dogs took me on a 2 mile walk dogs being dogs, they smelled, sniffed and licked everything in sight, they had fun and all had a smile on his or her face. When we returned home each one got a big dog Milk Bone and a new rawhide dog chew, they are all sprawled out in the yard content and devouring the chews. I can now stretch out watch the tube and vape.
Sounds like an awesome day! A word of caution though, please be very careful giving dogs rawhides. I learned that lesson the hard way. I used to feed them to my rescue Rottie until he became very sick with a distended stomach. Apparently, when consumed and mixed with water in the stomach, they will expand and this caused a blockage in my Rottie. 2 months and $1500 later he was as good as new...but I almost lost him. Never again

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Sounds like a great DAY!!!!!:):)

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Sounds like an awesome day! A word of caution though, please be very careful giving dogs rawhides. I learned that lesson the hard way. I used to feed them to my rescue Rottie until he became very sick with a distended stomach. Apparently, when consumed and mixed with water in the stomach, they will expand and this caused a blockage in my Rottie. 2 months and $1500 later he was as good as new...but I almost lost him. Never again
I stopped for that same reason, also bacteria

Status
Not open for further replies.

VU Sponsors