Become a Patron!

Whiskey's CORNER #2 (#3 will be created 8-1-16)

Status
Not open for further replies.

always9988

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Morning everyone ! Just got back from dropping the kid at the airport and another harrowing night of his using. Now I have to hope he does the connecting flight thing right. Usually we get him a direct flight so there's no room for the I Factor (Idiot Factor lol) Only got a couple hours of sleep so I'm going to rest for a bit. Hope this kid decides to get it this time. If he F's up in California there's nothing I can do to help so he will be on his own. But if he follows the rules and stays there's hope. You never know when someone's going to be sick and tired of jails and institutions !
I have my fingers and toes crossed for you and him

JERUS

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
And what shenanigans have you found yourself in today?
Super-Troopers1.png

itsmenotyou

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
That little thing?
Yup lol. I got the a.d.d. that kicks my ass everytime I try to do something I see something else that needs done and it takes forever to do a simple project.
Example: changing the locks out.
"Okay let's go get 4" screws from the toolbox instead of these pussy ass screws... oh the screws are all messed up let's straighten that up. Oh the screwdrivers are fucked to. Straigten them up. Okay back to the door. Huh the latch plate holes a touch small. Go get a file. Where the hell are my files. Ah there you are you little basterds. Oh great I don't have the size I need. Let's go to lowes. Ohh look a new framing hammer. Might as well. Get home. Well shit. I forgot the file. Go back. Look some kid just spilled paint everywhere. Dumbass. Hey I need some paint for the kitchen. Might as well ruin his day. Get the file. Get home. File the hole perfectly. Put the latch plate in. Close the door. It locks good. Kick it to see if it will hold. It doesn't. Time for more 4x4s to rebuild the door frame stronger. New latch plate holes. And I'm finally done. Now where the hell did my paint go"

sent from a dumb operated smart phone

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Yup lol. I got the a.d.d. that kicks my ass everytime I try to do something I see something else that needs done and it takes forever to do a simple project.
Example: changing the locks out.
"Okay let's go get 4" screws from the toolbox instead of these pussy ass screws... oh the screws are all messed up let's straighten that up. Oh the screwdrivers are fucked to. Straigten them up. Okay back to the door. Huh the latch plate holes a touch small. Go get a file. Where the hell are my files. Ah there you are you little basterds. Oh great I don't have the size I need. Let's go to lowes. Ohh look a new framing hammer. Might as well. Get home. Well shit. I forgot the file. Go back. Look some kid just spilled paint everywhere. Dumbass. Hey I need some paint for the kitchen. Might as well ruin his day. Get the file. Get home. File the hole perfectly. Put the latch plate in. Close the door. It locks good. Kick it to see if it will hold. It doesn't. Time for more 4x4s to rebuild the door frame stronger. New latch plate holes. And I'm finally done. Now where the hell did my paint go"

ROFL... this is exactly why I always hated looking up vocabulary words in school... those etymologies were too damn fascinating! :D

Andria

Hank F. Spankman

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
What's a etymologie? Seriously lol I'm a bit English dumb

et·y·mol·o·gy
ˌedəˈmäləjē/
noun
the study of the origin of words and the way in which their meanings have changed throughout history.
the origin of a word and the historical development of its meaning.
plural noun: etymologies
synonyms: derivation, word history, development, origin, source
"the etymology of a word may be unknown"

itsmenotyou

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
et·y·mol·o·gy
ˌedəˈmäləjē/
noun
the study of the origin of words and the way in which their meanings have changed throughout history.
the origin of a word and the historical development of its meaning.
plural noun: etymologies
synonyms: derivation, word history, development, origin, source
"the etymology of a word may be unknown"
Thanks bub. I shoulda done the googling myself
don't mind me I'm just a little dumb

JERUS

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
What's a etymologie? Seriously lol I'm a bit English dumb

History of the word. It's pretty amazing. It's crazy how definitions of words have completely changed and how often connotations change, then just the origins and how it came to be can be interesting in itself. Then you have quirky little things like 'grey', I love it because 'grey' and 'gray' are both appropriate (outside proper names of things), but the common distinction is the 'e' version is more British English, while 'a' is more American... a=A e=E, easy to remember, just neato stuff.

itsmenotyou

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
History of the word. It's pretty amazing. It's crazy how definitions of words have completely changed and how often connotations change, then just the origins and how it came to be can be interesting in itself. Then you have quirky little things like 'grey', I love it because 'grey' and 'gray' are both appropriate (outside proper names of things), but the common distinction is the 'e' version is more British English, while 'a' is more American... a=A e=E, easy to remember, just neato stuff.

The how and from-where the word is derived. That always fascinates me as English has so many different sources.

Andria
Being a middle school drop out and all. I think I'm decently well educated. I just have a low grasp on English because of all the nuances and what-have-you.
I always had As and Bs in school. When I wasn't suspened for fighting or generally being a little terrorists

itsmenotyou

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Okay guys. Back out for a bit to go get my congo watermelon mound started. They take up to much space every year so now we have more area for them

JERUS

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
8 years of honors English really helps the vocabulary is all I can say. There was a standard list of vocabulary for H.S. graduation, the line of classes I took we finished that early my sophomore year, so our teachers made us find words to teach the class. It's where I learned all the fun stuff.

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
The how and from-where the word is derived. That always fascinates me as English has so many different sources.

Andria
As a frequent user of Latin, Italian, and Spanish....I am also tremendously fascinated with origins as they help me greatly with translations. Etym coming from "trace", and is linked with the Greek "onym" as in Antonym.....onym meaning "word".

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
As a frequent user of Latin, Italian, and Spanish....I am also tremendously fascinated with origins as they help me greatly with translations. Etym coming from "trace", and is linked with the Greek "onym" as in Antonym.....onym meaning "word".
*appears to be intelligent at times* Hey, if you can't be pretty or sexy....at least be humerous or intelligent.

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
8 years of honors English really helps the vocabulary is all I can say. There was a standard list of vocabulary for H.S. graduation, the line of classes I took we finished that early my sophomore year, so our teachers made us find words to teach the class. It's where I learned all the fun stuff.

I finished all the required-course English by the end of my Jr year, but still had the requirement to take an English class of some kind, in every quarter, so in my Sr yr, I got to take cool classes like Science Fiction, Mass Media, and English Romantics. Lord Byron, be still my heart! :D But my favorite was science fiction -- which was actually one of my major attractions to my first husband; he'd never met a woman before who actually read sci fi for fun. When he learned how much I enjoyed Heinlein, I think that really sealed the deal. Of course, my *favorite* was not his -- Bradbury.

Andria

JERUS

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I finished all the required-course English by the end of my Jr year, but still had the requirement to take an English class of some kind, in every quarter, so in my Sr yr, I got to take cool classes like Science Fiction, Mass Media, and English Romantics. Lord Byron, be still my heart! :D But my favorite was science fiction -- which was actually one of my major attractions to my first husband; he'd never met a woman before who actually read sci fi for fun. When he learned how much I enjoyed Heinlein, I think that really sealed the deal. Of course, my *favorite* was not his -- Bradbury.

Andria
My senior year we would goof off most of the time, every once in a while hit on some subject that was going to be on AP/IB tests, then continue goofing off. We'd do half the time English, half the time a class called "Theory of Knowledge" which was fascinating. We didn't have elective literature classes, that sounds pretty cool.

itsmenotyou

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Actually, your girlfriend is right...once againOur ovaries are actually secret knowledge banks for all the info in the world. Google has nothing on us

People that think they know everything, just annoy us people that do. :giggle:
Omfg guys! Y'all got me looking crazy. Out in the garden giggling at my phone like some 15 year old girl

Status
Not open for further replies.

VU Sponsors