Become a Patron!

Whiskey's CORNER #2 (#3 will be created 8-1-16)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vapin4Joy

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hi farmer Vapin how are you doing?
Doing well Jimi, I got another 100 of Scallions in the ground and started planning out a chicken wire fence to put around my 2 acres, critters are starting to show, got the bucket of tennis balls out to play catch with my dogs, they all can catch pretty good, except to two Bull Mastifs, they are klutzs, but really funny, they both try. Hot here today in the 80's and calling for rain. I hope the scallions do well, I have several local eateries wanting them! ;)

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
tumblr_o3rw3v6tmu1sqf5tdo1_400_zpsullc4fha.gif

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Doing well Jimi, I got another 100 of Scallions in the ground and started planning out a chicken wire fence to put around my 2 acres, critters are starting to show, got the bucket of tennis balls out to play catch with my dogs, they all can catch pretty good, except to two Bull Mastifs, they are klutzs, but really funny, they both try. Hot here today in the 80's and calling for rain. I hope the scallions do well, I have several local eateries wanting them! ;)
Even here in town I have to fence the critters out. Not to bad of temp. here 65 it feels good

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Tonight I'm doing fettucine with veggie sausage that I reworked into Italian Salciccia, the sauce is a vodka sauce (contains no actual vodka) with a hint of cream, peas, and cepes mushrooms. Putting that with some homemade baguette.

Saddletramp1200

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Tonight I'm doing fettucine with veggie sausage that I reworked into Italian Salciccia, the sauce is a vodka sauce (contains no actual vodka) with a hint of cream, peas, and cepes mushrooms. Putting that with some homemade baguette.
I take my hat off to you. I bought a electronic rice cooker because I kept screwing up minute rice. I put my two microwaves in my will. Lol

Sent from my LGMS345 using Tapatalk

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
All I got for supper was salad, the wife is trying to get me to eat no or very little meat for my health.
It is a VERY tough habit to acquire. She loves you and wants you around for as long as possible! Salads WILL get boring....there is SO MUCH out there to eat that does not involve fur and feathers.

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Yeah but knowing what and how to fix it.
Take any dinner and remove the meat component......boom, dinner. Then some recipes that contain a meat component can be made with meatless alternatives. Look for brands like Boca, Morningstar Farms, Tofurky, Lightlife. The sausage that i am using for tonight's pasta is from Lightlife. There is also animals with fins and/or shells. There is no need to go hard-core (I avoid ALL MEAT...even things that might contain stock made with meat).....just avoid high cholesterol/hard to digest things like beef/pork/lamb.

Boattlebot

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Not a great day at work. Got into it a little bit with my hypocritical store manager. His boss is getting involved with it. Not good. But i have tomorrow off so thats a plus

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Take any dinner and remove the meat component......boom, dinner. Then some recipes that contain a meat component can be made with meatless alternatives. Look for brands like Boca, Morningstar Farms, Tofurky, Lightlife. The sausage that i am using for tonight's pasta is from Lightlife. There is also animals with fins and/or shells. There is no need to go hard-core (I avoid ALL MEAT...even things that might contain stock made with meat).....just avoid high cholesterol/hard to digest things like beef/pork/lamb.

I dunno about lamb, but pork contains very little if any cholesterol -- because I can't eat cholesterol in any significant quantity or it makes me very ill for 3 days -- but pork causes me no difficulties at all. Really miss eggs, though. :(

Andria

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
To bad the weather people can't figure their shit out lol

sent from a dumb operated smartphone

A family friend taught us the trick. There is always a 50% chance it'll rain, snow, be nice. What you do then is look at the weather bullshitters. If they say 30% chance of add 50% to come up with 80% chance. It works for snow as well, freezing rain, tornadoes, hurricanes and the like that's shitty weather. For the nice times, well if they're not saying anything figure it'll be a nice one. Seems to be fairly accurate.

I also have a dog that fears thunderstorms. He can hear it two miles away, smell five miles away. We've learned to not argue with him. He just gets put in a barn. This evening in his in a big 12ft square by 8ft high dog house, shed we built attached into a kennel pen. He's got two other dogs with him. One is my big old mellow, loving bear dog. He'll keep the scared one safe.

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
I dunno about lamb, but pork contains very little if any cholesterol -- because I can't eat cholesterol in any significant quantity or it makes me very ill for 3 days -- but pork causes me no difficulties at all. Really miss eggs, though. :(

Andria
True, but what I named has what are called "striated" muscle tissue, which takes a ridiculously long time to break down..and sits in the gut. Scottish Highland beef has less cholesterol per gram than white meat chicken!

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
True, but what I named has what are called "striated" muscle tissue, which takes a ridiculously long time to break down..and sits in the gut. Scottish Highland beef has less cholesterol per gram than white meat chicken!

Well... considering how far Atlanta is from the scottish highlands, i'd hate to think what that would cost! Probably more than the filet mignon or 93% lean grnd beef which is the only kind of beef I can or will eat.

EVERYTHING sits in my gut, nothing gets preferential treatment -- I've got IBS, the stopped-up variety, because of extremely slow digestion. So i eat a lot of bran! Wheat bran seems the type of fiber my guts handle the best, without cramping, pain, excessive gas.

And to be honest... life without bacon? Just kill me now and get it over with, because life wouldn't be worth living.

Andria

Status
Not open for further replies.

VU Sponsors