Become a Patron!

Whiskey's CORNER #2 (#3 will be created 8-1-16)

Status
Not open for further replies.

smacksy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
What's on everyone's plates today? I'll be starting dinner soon,,, the life of a 3 o'clocker. I cook dinner in the morning, every morning. It's like having leftovers every day but it's still better than hospital food! I won't know how to behave when I start working day shift!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I'm taking my GF down to Point Loma to attend a offshore tuna fishing seminar with me.. It's about what clothing, (deck boots) rods, reels, how to hook a live sardine or squid and casting techniques..as well as how to fight your hooked fish that can take considerable time and skill..Be her first time going on a multi-day trip and what better way to educate her than a day down at the docks.. Good fishing usually starts in late may early June so it's time to get her ready
f911684588b388438f613b00080628ae.jpg
Pic is from last year..I like women who love to fish, lol

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

LOveWerks

Music Poet; Prose Addict; Team Supporter; Vapester
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Hello, Corner Folk:

We've got a Penske truck sitting in the yard, and some friends of mine in the "vaping community" came and helped yesterday evening (they're coming back Thursday) - one of them is a specimen at six feet, nine inches :fyi:. The garden tractor, bedroom set that we're keeping for guests, and MANY packed boxes were loaded into the truck box. We're almost there.

The upside is that the truck's box has plenty of room.

The downside? It's a Ford E-350 with a 6.8L V-10 (a little inside info - I LOVE Ford trucks; they're great. The V-10, however - not so much. They're beastly on gas, and it only has a 33 gallon tank:cuss:).

I was hoping for the GMC chassis, which has a miserly 5.3L V-8 with all the power we'd need. The lot didn't have one available, so, oh, @#*!. 3 gallons to the mile :luck:...
We started packing it yesterday. Liz and I got to bed around one this morning. Today was Same Day Surgery for me, and we had to be there by six AM - I spent four hours under anesthesia, one hour in recovery. On three hours of sleep.

The doc originally said he wouldn't do more than three, but the anethesiologist felt that I was very stable. The doc turned that huge stone mass into SAND.

This, is a very good thing. To the doc: :thanks:

Liz and I send great LOVE to this Corner.

LW & Liz :blowkiss::inlove:

Good morning, to all of you @Whiskey, @pete67, @always9988, @boriqua75, @JERUS, @Kevin H., @Markw4mms, @AndriaD, @Boattlebot, @Huckleberried, @Saddletramp1200, @Jimi, and plethora entities that I've missed (forgive me for that, gang).

I'm literally in agony today, as I thought I would bounce back - like I did with the left kidney. I was up and down all last night, and I won't go into ALL of the gory details - but - man!

To top it off, I received a text from the urologist's office that I missed yesterday - apparently, my right kidney will not function as well, due to the accrued damage it took during the time it contained the near-arrowhead-sized calculus, as well as the previous calculi that really didn't get eradicated from the previous lithotripsies. What fun. I wasn't happy about hearing that.

Nor am I happy with the pain level that I'm dealing with - right in the middle of crunch time, as closing of our home and property sale happens Friday. The timing of all these things just SUX :cuss:...

Send prayers, and strength our way, as all of you are - and, have been - a really big part of Liz and I's day-to-day life... even though we may be the modern day equivalent of "pen pals," we've been there for each other, and we're grateful to give when we can, and receive from our extended vaping community - in this non-topic thread called @Whiskey's Corner #2, aka "Whiskey's West.":thanks:.
Before I depart, I learned something about my Reuleaux RX200, aside from the 3.1 upgrade to 250 watts, with Temperature Coefficient Resistance. I downloaded the Wismec Updater from their official site, and found that if you click on first folder, then click 'Run,' you're able to change the RX200 display's appearance in fonts, their size, make them BOLD, etc. You can select display styles like Deadpool or Pac Man (mine are a blend of both), and you can even insert your name - which will pop-in just before your display goes blank.

When I hit the firing button, the firing indicator on the left side of the display turns into a Pac Man, with an open mouth. It's very cool, but it takes some time to do, once you figure out the command line structure, where you make your edits. Don't make your font sizes too big, as you won't be able to see them on the display.

Once again, good morning (it's a pain pill day for me [sigh...]. :hippo:

LW & Liz

Saddletramp1200

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
How are we all doing this morning? Well I hope. The last few nights I have been sleeping in my leather recliner because I could not lie flat...pressure on my head from having the teeth out was too much. Last night I attempted to sleep in bed and made it until 3:30am. The 2 on the right side are healing nicely and do not bother me anymore....the upper left wisdom tooth hole is a real bugger...there is a piece of tooth left there because it was fused to the bone and he could not risk pulling it out...so he filed it down as close to the gumline as possible. Irritating little bugger it is. That, on top of the foot, has made for a very long, miserable week.....life is bound to get better, it just has to! lol
I hear ya! Every time I wake & nothing is hurting I check my pulse to make sure I didn't die. :stars2:

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
GME & GFYE & HUGS all around.

We'll go into town later for dog feed. Seems Thistle suffers arthritis & this had him drawn up from dampness of the rain the last few days. Yesterday eve at feed time, I sat with him a while massaging his shoulder. He seemed to gradually step down asserting weight back on that foot & leg. Seen it hit him like that before as well effecting Brother our cat similarly.

Unfortunate regarding Brother, me and wife are now assuming Brother lives happily elsewhere, but she notes there was a black cat up on RT 33. If so, that tends to happen. We'll allow ourselves a mild delusion and say he's happy living at neighboring farm somewhere. He left Bucky, his mini-me twin in his place. Bucky is a good enough guy despite calling me prick.

Not exactly sure what else happens today. Wife luckily got today and tomorrow off. Kind of happy she has tomorrow too. Some fool celebrates living forty fours tomorrow. At this point I think feels/thinks "oh well just another year". Pretty sure he doesn't feel older, or younger. He might look twenty by now. Some of the miles he might feel about sixty. When he was five he was thought of as momma's little fifty year old in a tiny package.

He still remains the son that scares his mother. He's also the son that in a phone conversation with his mom was told he should have accepted a job offer that would have made him a ghost, listed as dead but covertly not. "Ge thanks mom, saying I'd be better off dead." She continued the conversation with all seriousness, assuring me I knew that she was right. Of course, considering she forgot and left me behind at least more than half a dozen times, and my dad left when I was two, easy enough to understand having abandonment issues and a sense of self-reliance.

Jokingly told someone that my mom taught me to live by tossing me out into the woods. "Here son, is the woods. Go live!" Then, she left and I had to learn to live. In one sense I did that at thirteen. My uncle supervised me off to myself in the woods alone for a week. He ensured I could get BSA Arrow Of Light. I did not get it though as the protocol required one being eighteen. Lost interest in BSA soon after, the notion of participation in it become kind of a pointless exercise in pointless exercises.

So, he thinks "yay, forty-four years and 'surviving' is all he knows, does". I understand sure, it's a great skill and ability to have. But c'mon look at someone like say, Gambit or Havoc of the X-Men. I couldn't have some other cool super ability like that? Nah, I just get "dude, you're floating pond scum, you survive." Oh well, could be the other. Not going to ask how though. Just as soon as I did, I'm sure I'd be given an objective example. So, nope, not going to ask.

"So far, so good, so what?"

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I was looking at the description of it. Saying it has more airflow now. Is that gonna be too much for your draw?

Over in the Achilles thread at ECF, they said that it *will* go to more airflow, but can also be dialed back to the same as the original. It just has more range now.

Andria

smacksy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Over in the Achilles thread at ECF, they said that it *will* go to more airflow, but can also be dialed back to the same as the original. It just has more range now.

Andria
You sound like you're still really liking the Achilles..I remember reading your posts about it on ECF.. :)

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
I got over the rda thing a while back, but still feel that it has value for trying out new juices. This is why I will keep one in the collection. I DO have a Origen V3 just because...well....Origen. I binned my In'Ax genny and dripper....they were both authentics, but too fiddly for most vapers....so in the bin they went.

Pipug

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Sorry to hear about everyone's aches, pains and miscellaneous illnesses. Although it beats the alternative, pain is NOT fun. On a good note, got a positive report from neurologist. Things are on an even keel for now. Hoping to keep it that way. Done with doctors til after summer, I hope.

May you all heal, feel better and GFY...:p

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
You sound like you're still really liking the Achilles..I remember reading your posts about it on ECF.. :)

Yeah, I really do; it's got everything I like -- absolutely saturated flavor, nice tight draw for MtL, holds plenty for my needs (2.5ml), so simple to use and fill (and build on -- the screws are a little bigger than Kayfun screws, so easier to get the wire around them), and never ever leaks -- also very lightweight and OOPS-resistant, being made of titanium. I'm clumsy and drop things a lot, so that last is just as important to me as all the other features. I know that a lot of vapers would hate it, because of the tight draw, but for me it's absolutely perfect. :)

Andria

Skullzz

Blonde disaster
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
I got over the rda thing a while back, but still feel that it has value for trying out new juices. This is why I will keep one in the collection. I DO have a Origen V3 just because...well....Origen. I binned my In'Ax genny and dripper....they were both authentics, but too fiddly for most vapers....so in the bin they went.
I am the same....I went on the RDA craze for a week...I am over it now lol, too much work. I honestly didn't see a HUGE difference in flavor between the RDA and my Arctic tank....maybe I am doing it wrong, who knows. I have the Alliance v2+ and have a Mad Hatter on the way...that's enough for me.

Skullzz

Blonde disaster
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Sorry to hear about everyone's aches, pains and miscellaneous illnesses. Although it beats the alternative, pain is NOT fun. On a good note, got a positive report from neurologist. Things are on an even keel for now. Hoping to keep it that way. Done with doctors til after summer, I hope.

May you all heal, feel better and GFY...:p
Don't get old my friend, DO not get old lol

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
I am the same....I went on the RDA craze for a week...I am over it now lol, too much work. I honestly didn't see a HUGE difference in flavor between the RDA and my Arctic tank....maybe I am doing it wrong, who knows. I have the Alliance v2+ and have a Mad Hatter on the way...that's enough for me.
I went through my cloud chasing days...and they way I have my KF4's and Hurricanes rigged, the flavour rivals that of any dripper or genny that I've used...save for my In'Ax Genny that I never use. I also have an In'Ax carto in my (Mattie's) Billet Box that is SUPERB.

Skullzz

Blonde disaster
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee

Skullzz

Blonde disaster
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
I went through my cloud chasing days...and they way I have my KF4's and Hurricanes rigged, the flavour rivals that of any dripper or genny that I've used...save for my In'Ax Genny that I never use. I also have an In'Ax carto in my (Mattie's) Billet Box that is SUPERB.
I have no idea what any of those actually are hahaha. I have my Herakles and Arctic tanks and the Alliance and Mad Hatter RDA's....that alone is enough to keep this blonde busy for a while. Although, I do want a UWell Crown tank. I hear they are awesome. I had the TFV4 mini and hated it....hopefully the Crown is better.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years

Thejackson5

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I hate it, I've been poked more times in the last 6 mo than I have in my entire life.

I try to donate blood every 3 months and then this on top of it. When I was younger I got bit by a brown recluse that had given me a thin blood disease to the point where blood was leaking through the pores in my veins and I had blood blisters from head to toe. Blood draw twice a month for 3yrs.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

VU Sponsors