Become a Patron!

Whiskey's CORNER #2 (#3 will be created 8-1-16)

Status
Not open for further replies.

pete67

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I don't know anything about bikes; but, I do know with an outboard motor, if it hasn't run in 6 months than its best to change the oil.
I know with every boat I have had, they would get docked in November, and oil changed, serviced and cleaned up in January, then start the new season in February.
What he said ^ ^

Thejackson5

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
At least a year

So let me get this right. It's a used bike, you bought from an individual that hasn't run in at least a year, and you were going to trust the oil in it without checking it and going to run it. You sell parts for vehicles, isn't typical recommended oil life 3-5 months or a set mileage before it should be changed?

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
So let me get this right. It's a used bike, you bought from an individual that hasn't run in at least a year, and you were going to trust the oil in it without checking it and going to run it. You sell parts for vehicles, isn't typical recommended oil life 3-5 months or a set mileage before it should be changed?
"I'm so excited about getting a bike, that common sense is a NON-ISSUE!!!!"

Saddletramp1200

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I very much relate to this right now. I haven't slept well in a while now. It's getting pretty... tiring. :teehee:
After three or so days with no sleep you may start seeing things. I especially loved to watch the little watermelons dance in a chorus line on the hood of my Freightliner while flying down the interstate.

Sent from my LGMS345 using Tapatalk

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
After three or so days with no sleep you may start seeing things. I especially loved to watch the little watermelons dance in a chorus line on the hood of my Freightliner while flying down the interstate.

Somewhere around my 20th hr awake, I start seeing those little black specks in the corners of my vision; around 24 hrs awake, and they're moving, like ants.

Andria

midknight420

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years

That usually happened to me after four days. Was real fun after six LOL. Removed anybody? It's like natural removed LOL.

I'm not crazy, my mother had me tested.

Last edited by a moderator:

RatRacer

a touch oɟɟ
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I always thought/went by the rule of thumb of when buying anything secondhand, always change the oil as the first rule of order. That way you know, and have the oil life on your schedule moving forward.

boriqua75

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Well guys, sorry I've been mia. I had some more testing and am 95% sure I'll miscarry. I'm so sad. But I am grateful for my Son Jaxon and thus weekend we are all going out of town for our anniversary. So I picked up my vape today.

Vape on

pete67

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Well guys, sorry I've been mia. I had some more testing and am 95% sure I'll miscarry. I'm so sad. But I am grateful for my Son Jaxon and thus weekend we are all going out of town for our anniversary. So I picked up my vape today.

Vape on
face15_zps6rcgwllg.jpg
Bori. We will keep you in our thoughts and prayers.

midknight420

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I know how ya feel, working through some of my own too
Ya boss just got back from vacation and on his return I spent half of my shift fixing our computers and reprimanding the other supervisors for not rebooting the system on Sunday which is what created the problem I was fixing in the first place.......

midknight420

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years

Vape on
I understand. My wife and I have had six miscarriages. It's really tough physically and emotionally. You are in our prayers.

Boattlebot

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
So i spent the last few hours working on the bike. Oils good, just had way to fucking much. So i drained it and replaced some of it. Also cleaned the bottom up from the leak from before. Im just so happy. Im so happy, that i dont even care that the master cylinder wont be here till tomorrow. Oh and guys. I rode it. It drove under its own power. ( i rode it from the front of my house to the back of my house where its actual parking spot is.) So im very happy that i got to actually ride it (granted only 100ft or so but still)

Thejackson5

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year

Vape on

Damn bori I'm so sorry to hear that, prayers to you and your family and if you need anything don't hesitate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VU Sponsors