Become a Patron!

Whiskey's CORNER #2 (#3 will be created 8-1-16)

Status
Not open for further replies.

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
The last 5yrs has been the best relationship I've ever had with my Dad..I'm thankful for that as it was rocky at times..I look around in this small house he built for me separately from the big house on his property for me..as he wanted a place I could live in the rest of my life..no mortgage payment, just my electric bill and cut the weeds once in a while..my dad really loved me, and I'm missing him terribly.. Step Mom was good to to me too, accepted me as her own son..I was treated with love and respect from her..I miss her too, especially those home cooked sit down dinners..thx for your reply :)

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

I lost my dad in '06. Was thinking about him just the other day, how weird it is that he's not there anymore, playing with his silly dachshund, grooming his lovely white beard, joking about his bald pate. *sigh* The hole they leave when they go never really fills back in, it just doesn't hurt quite so badly after some time passes. Lost my well-beloved grandfather in 1985, and that hole was massive, and it's still there too... but now I can look back with love and gratitude to have had such a wonderful person in my life.

Andria

smacksy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I lost my dad in '06. Was thinking about him just the other day, how weird it is that he's not there anymore, playing with his silly dachshund, grooming his lovely white beard, joking about his bald pate. *sigh* The hole they leave when they go never really fills back in, it just doesn't hurt quite so badly after some time passes. Lost my well-beloved grandfather in 1985, and that hole was massive, and it's still there too... but now I can look back with love and gratitude to have had such a wonderful person in my life.

Andria
We lost my youngest brother in 1979 (drowned)...My parents will be buried on either side of him..
Will be great when I go visit them, maybe putting some flowers on their graves as they will be right next to each other...dual funerals are set for the 19th, a week from today..services may still be hard to go through but alot of family is flying in and will be good support for each other..still will be one of the saddest days in my life..

pete67

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
We lost my youngest brother in 1979 (drowned)...My parents will be buried on either side of him..
Will be great when I go visit them, maybe putting some flowers on their graves as they will be right next to each other...dual funerals are set for the 19th, a week from today..services may still be hard to go through but alot of family is flying in and will be good support for each other..still will be one of the saddest days in my life..

Your family here will be with you in thought and prayers my friend.

Pipug

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years

I am so sorry about your losses, Break. One is difficult enough. Two is almost too much to bear. Just know that folks care and take all the time you need to grieve. There is NO time limit. Let come what comes. I wish you peace.

Boattlebot

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Finally done with the dmv. Gotta love red tape. But worth it. Bikes all legal. Going to go get it inspected shortly, then gotta go get my juice. Picked up a cigalike and it sucks but it works so there's that I guesse.

Boattlebot

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years

If you need a drinking buddy, I know a good hot tub.

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Finally done with the dmv. Gotta love red tape. But worth it. Bikes all legal. Going to go get it inspected shortly, then gotta go get my juice. Picked up a cigalike and it sucks but it works so there's that I guesse.

I gotta deal with the DMV assholes today too, finally going to renew my DL. I did the online pre-registration already, so maybe I won't have to wait so long.

Andria

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
giphy.gif
HiYa Jax my friend I still think you should get into DIY buddy

Saddletramp1200

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I dunno if time really heals... it's sort of more like a narcotic, it puts a little distance between you and the pain. But the pain can still jump up and surprise you, even decades later... At least it's not quite as devastating after some time passes.

Andria
I cryed just a little this morning over the loss of my wife. It don't get better, & it never stops hurtin'. Been 11 years.

Sent from my LGMS345 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

VU Sponsors