Become a Patron!

Whiskey's CORNER #2 (#3 will be created 8-1-16)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skullzz

Blonde disaster
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
I keep wanting to try different stuff too, but I always end up back with my strawberry & cream as my ADV. I seem to still have that same quality that wanted the same taste in cigarettes all the time, in order to feel satisfied -- really if I hadn't found an ejuice that strongly reminded me of Virginia Slims, not sure I could have been successful with vaping. But after vaping for about 4-5 months, I tried blueberry muffin, and never could vape tobacco flavors after that without just cringing in distaste. That shit tastes NASTY, compared to blueberry muffins or strawberries & cream, or damn near anything else!

Andria
I literally ordered 20 different flavors lol. Variety is the spice of life they say!

Skullzz

Blonde disaster
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
I am just gonna do single flavors for now. Until I am more comfortable mixing this stuff up. I like fruity stuff and there's lots of flavors for fruits. Jimi is helping me bless his wonderful soul.

Sent from a pay phone

kimber

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
32684c77fc74a9cf1d050df2c3aa9dbd.jpg
Having spent some time in a wheelchair recently, this just gives me the willies!!
Good morning all! Placed my first order for DIY juice...excited to finally make my own. Think I ordered too much lolol. Excitement got the best of me!

Sent from a pay phone
It's never too much and frequently not enough!

Good morning everyone!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Skullzz

Blonde disaster
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Hey love how are ya?
Doing very well thanks for asking! All is well on the home front. Had the dog neutered and he is doing well. He got loose on us this morning. He discovered that if he popped open the corner of the screen door he could slip out undetected. I looked out the window at the front yard and what do I see? A large male Rottweiler spread out on his back sunning himself. I am thinking to myself, gee that looks like Lukah! I could kill him! He is microchipped but still, we live in a very busy road and I paid a lot of money for the damn dog. He will give me a heart attack yet I swear

always9988

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Doing very well thanks for asking! All is well on the home front. Had the dog neutered and he is doing well. He got loose on us this morning. He discovered that if he popped open the corner of the screen door he could slip out undetected. I looked out the window at the front yard and what do I see? A large male Rottweiler spread out on his back sunning himself. I am thinking to myself, gee that looks like Lukah! I could kill him! He is microchipped but still, we live in a very busy road and I paid a lot of money for the damn dog. He will give me a heart attack yet I swear
Oh I'm sorry but I laughed so hard picturing the scene! At least he didn't actually bolt, just wanted some of that rare sunshine

midknight420

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I am just gonna do single flavors for now. Until I am more comfortable mixing this stuff up. I like fruity stuff and there's lots of flavors for fruits. Jimi is helping me bless his wonderful soul.

Sent from a pay phone
What brand of flavours are you using? I am a Flavour Art mixer myself. One of my personal favorites is Monsoon. It is a combination flavour of a fruity persuasion. Might try that out. A Good single flavour. I mix it at 2%.

I'm not crazy, my mother had me tested.

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years

Sent from a pay phone

The main problem with that is that it's really impossible to get the *whole* taste of anything in a single bottle of flavor -- even fruit: they're sweet, tart maybe, and taste like whatever they are -- so you need the fruit flavor, some sweetener, maybe some sweet & tart...

I've found only one exception to that: TFA's Banana Nut Bread -- it really does taste exactly like banana nut bread, though even it is better with a little extra sweetener. But everything else... single-flavor mixes are just boring, and really don't taste like the single-flavor you're trying to recreate... because hardly anything in the world is actually a single flavor, unless you like black coffee without sugar, or just eating pure sugar from the bowl.

For a fruit-flavored mix that's really good, you need roughly 50% of the main flavor -- whatever fruit -- and then roughly 50% supporting flavors -- creams, vanilla, sweetener -- that's exactly how I mixed my strawberry & cream, and it's been my ADV, with very few and short breaks, since Dec 2014. It's just that good.

If you can cook *anything at all* -- if you can mix koolaid, or a mixed drink -- you can mix flavors and make great ejuice.

Andria

Skullzz

Blonde disaster
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
What brand of flavours are you using? I am a Flavour Art mixer myself. One of my personal favorites is Monsoon. It is a combination flavour of a fruity persuasion. Might try that out. A Good single flavour. I mix it at 2%.

I'm not crazy, my mother had me tested.
I ordered Capella, The Flavor Apprentice, Flavour. Figured I would try different companies.

Skullzz

Blonde disaster
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
The main problem with that is that it's really impossible to get the *whole* taste of anything in a single bottle of flavor -- even fruit: they're sweet, tart maybe, and taste like whatever they are -- so you need the fruit flavor, some sweetener, maybe some sweet & tart...

I've found only one exception to that: TFA's Banana Nut Bread -- it really does taste exactly like banana nut bread, though even it is better with a little extra sweetener. But everything else... single-flavor mixes are just boring, and really don't taste like the single-flavor you're trying to recreate... because hardly anything in the world is actually a single flavor, unless you like black coffee without sugar, or just eating pure sugar from the bowl.

For a fruit-flavored mix that's really good, you need roughly 50% of the main flavor -- whatever fruit -- and then roughly 50% supporting flavors -- creams, vanilla, sweetener -- that's exactly how I mixed my strawberry & cream, and it's been my ADV, with very few and short breaks, since Dec 2014. It's just that good.

If you can cook *anything at all* -- if you can mix koolaid, or a mixed drink -- you can mix flavors and make great ejuice.

Andria
I did order sweetener, sour, cream, custard and butter to add to the single flavors if needed...as far as cooking goes, I burn water and explode eggs lolol

Boattlebot

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Today sucks. No longer employed, ran the bike out of gas and lost my license plate.

kimber

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
One thing I am confused about is what is the total percentage of flavoring I should use? I see different numbers....

Sent from a pay phone
It's different for all of it. You just have to try for yourself but start low, it's far easier to add and you can't take it out once you've put it in there. Most people start out at 2 or 3% and work up. I have found I don't taste anything until about 10%, especially with fruits. I can be horribly frustrating trying to figure out how much of this and that but once you make something that's vapable you'll be hooked.

Skullzz

Blonde disaster
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
It's different for all of it. You just have to try for yourself but start low, it's far easier to add and you can't take it out once you've put it in there. Most people start out at 2 or 3% and work up. I have found I don't taste anything until about 10%, especially with fruits. I can be horribly frustrating trying to figure out how much of this and that but once you make something that's vapable you'll be hooked.

Ah ok. I am just gonna have to play around.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I did order sweetener, sour, cream, custard and butter to add to the single flavors if needed...as far as cooking goes, I burn water and explode eggs lolol

Oh dear. How do you survive, without the joy of cooking? It's Art You Eat! :D Truly, watching my family dig in with great gusto to something I've made is about the best satisfaction I've ever felt -- making Art To Eat, giving my family love that nourishes their bodies and makes them happy... there's just nothing like it. :)

Andria

Skullzz

Blonde disaster
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Oh dear. How do you survive, without the joy of cooking? It's Art You Eat! :D Truly, watching my family dig in with great gusto to something I've made is about the best satisfaction I've ever felt -- making Art To Eat, giving my family love that nourishes their bodies and makes them happy... there's just nothing like it. :)

Andria
Some things I can cook really well. Grills are off limits though. Gas grill I set my eyebrows on fire with....charcoal grill I set my hand on fire.....when I say I am a blonde I am really not kidding lolol

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee

Andria
Some of my best dishes I just cook.. Shut off all creative thought and let the stuff I am working with guide me.

I love that look of bewilderment when something looks no where how it should taste and then they enjoy it.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years

Excellent advice. Personally, a recipe that's less than 20%-25% just tastes like PG to me -- blah, bland, medicinal, just icky. But I wouldn't have known that without trying out a few "single-flavor mixes" at the recommended 2%, 4%, 8%.... and not been able to taste anything. My strawberry & cream is 30% flavoring, gunks like a mad mofo with all that flavor and sweetener, but it's so good... I don't care! :D I've seen advice that more than 2% sweetener is terrible... but my S&C is 2.8%, up to 3% sweetener -- I usually mix it at 2.8% because it gets sweeter, the longer it sits; I just add a few drops more sweetener to the atty itself, when I first get into a new mixed bottle.

Really, the only way to know how to mix something YOU will like is... MIX IT. Taste it. Fiddle with it or dump it, and try again. There is NO one single way to mix anything, because we are all different -- my husband could eat a lb of fudge at one sitting, and I feel like barfing if I have more than one tiny piece. Try different brands of different flavors until you find flavors that YOU like; mix them with this and that and the other thing, until you have a recipe that YOU like. Reading other peoples' recipes is a good way to start learning, but until you mix stuff yourself, you still won't know. Fortunately flavors are a LOT cheaper than ejuice; it doesn't cost that much to grab a lot of flavors and start trying out different mixes.

Andria

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Some things I can cook really well. Grills are off limits though. Gas grill I set my eyebrows on fire with....charcoal grill I set my hand on fire.....when I say I am a blonde I am really not kidding lolol

While I am a really good cook... my baking skills are kinda limited. There's one cake I make, from-scratch, that's truly excellent, but my other baking efforts have been extremely mixed, anywhere from "so-so" to "disgusting!". For grilling, I have to let my husband handle it, because although my allergies are a lot less troublesome than when I was a kid, that starter+charcoal combo still gives me problems, if I'm around it too closely.

In the words of my hero Dirty Harry... a man's got to know his limitations. Woman does too. :D

Andria

Skullzz

Blonde disaster
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
While I am a really good cook... my baking skills are kinda limited. There's one cake I make, from-scratch, that's truly excellent, but my other baking efforts have been extremely mixed, anywhere from "so-so" to "disgusting!". For grilling, I have to let my husband handle it, because although my allergies are a lot less troublesome than when I was a kid, that starter+charcoal combo still gives me problems, if I'm around it too closely.

In the words of my hero Dirty Harry... a man's got to know his limitations. Woman does too. :D

Andria
I was smart, I married a man who makes a good wife . I applause people who can cook elongate dishes...that takes skill!

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Some of my best dishes I just cook.. Shut off all creative thought and let the stuff I am working with guide me.

I love that look of bewilderment when something looks no where how it should taste and then they enjoy it.

I'm trying to imagine shutting off creative thought.... and I just can't. I could more easily self-amputate both my arms. Being creative isn't something I do... it's what I AM. Every single recipe I've ever tried... I make it as shown the first time... and never again the same way; it's different every time.

Andria

Skullzz

Blonde disaster
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Excellent advice. Personally, a recipe that's less than 20%-25% just tastes like PG to me -- blah, bland, medicinal, just icky. But I wouldn't have known that without trying out a few "single-flavor mixes" at the recommended 2%, 4%, 8%.... and not been able to taste anything. My strawberry & cream is 30% flavoring, gunks like a mad mofo with all that flavor and sweetener, but it's so good... I don't care! :D I've seen advice that more than 2% sweetener is terrible... but my S&C is 2.8%, up to 3% sweetener -- I usually mix it at 2.8% because it gets sweeter, the longer it sits; I just add a few drops more sweetener to the atty itself, when I first get into a new mixed bottle.

Really, the only way to know how to mix something YOU will like is... MIX IT. Taste it. Fiddle with it or dump it, and try again. There is NO one single way to mix anything, because we are all different -- my husband could eat a lb of fudge at one sitting, and I feel like barfing if I have more than one tiny piece. Try different brands of different flavors until you find flavors that YOU like; mix them with this and that and the other thing, until you have a recipe that YOU like. Reading other peoples' recipes is a good way to start learning, but until you mix stuff yourself, you still won't know. Fortunately flavors are a LOT cheaper than ejuice; it doesn't cost that much to grab a lot of flavors and start trying out different mixes.

Andria
My ideal goal is 80% VG. I am playing with numbers but I might have to go higher on PG. keeps coming out a negative number lol. I cannot go any higher than 30% PG. I am very sensitive to it. I only ordered a handful of true single flavors. Most of what I ordered were things like gummy worms flavor, sweet tarts, taste the rainbow, etc. it should be here by end of week so I am sure I will be blowing the forum up with questions lol

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
@Spyg0at that's a kickass coffee maker. Cuisinart makes great ones.

@Skullzz we're all here to help ya with your DIY, and Jimi is awesome! I'm with Kimber, start low, play and get to know your flavors. There are some really great recipes in the DIY area. You can learn a lot about flavors by mixing those, too. The worst part about the recipes posted is they make you spend money on that ONE flavor you end up not having. Happens to people with hundreds of flavorings, too LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.

VU Sponsors