Become a Patron!

Whiskey's CORNER #2 (#3 will be created 8-1-16)

Status
Not open for further replies.

pete67

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
tumblr_mnapi0zs6v1risu7wo1_400.gif
Mornin Bird:coffee::wave:

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
OK mini sweet pepper and peach chicken skewers done.
mini pepper fennel and chicken done.
fennel peach and chicken done.
Got sweet onion and beef to do.
Cherry tomato, pinapple and mushroom to do also.
Sounds like some one is planin a grillin
Sparked interest in that skewered Pine apple and mushrooms with the beef and tomato's

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Also got a salad I need to make. apple cider vinegar, some cane sugar and greek yogurt. on cucumber and celery.
Think the veg and delicate stuff that dont need a ton of time is getting skewered by themselves.
Waiting for coffee.
Need to wait for the skewers to soak. put them in apple cider vinegar.
Beef mini peppers and walla walla sweet.
pineapple, mushroom, peaches and cherry tomatoes by themselves.

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Mom wanted us to have a portable grill.
We picked up a walkabout 2 grill. Think china made webber with folding legs.
We started grilling last summer at the pool since there is a brick pit. But the temp control fucking sucked.
Coal fired grills are verboten on the decks due to fire issues but there is just fine... and once done the coals getting dumped to the pit.

Thinking a pineapple juice and honey glaze with ginger for the chicken stuff.
Coffee, pineapple juice, ginger and garlic for the beef ones.
and just olive oil for the vegs ones.

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
It is in a pinch grill.
We only grill 3-5 times a summer and the one we got from lowes is blue with no wheels but can smoke and texas style grill.
At least if it fucked up we can take it back.

Kevin H.

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Have to get ready to go out in a bit. Got a college graduation party for my wife's niece @ 1pm. Probably not much fun......but it's something to do. Booked 2 hotels last night for Niagara Falls. Now, Just have to decide if I want to pay an extra $200 to be closer to the falls, or $200 less and take a shuttle down to where the action is. Talk to y'all later.....or tomorrow. Hope y'all have a good Sunday ;).

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Have to get ready to go out in a bit. Got a college graduation party for my wife's niece @ 1pm. Probably not much fun......but it's something to do. Booked 2 hotels last night for Niagara Falls. Now, Just have to decide if I want to pay an extra $200 to be closer to the falls, or $200 less and take a shuttle down to where the action is. Talk to y'all later.....or tomorrow. Hope y'all have a good Sunday ;).
We have one of those on the 9th , a friends son (Grad party) Have fun Kev!!

Boattlebot

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Id take the shuttle. Just as much fun but save some money thst you could use to have even more fun later. On the amarican side about 25 min east of buffalo is a great amusement park called darrien lakes.

pete67

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Be safe and have fun:wave:

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Wow that cut of meat is just tougher than hell.
Meat only skewers plenty of basting to soften them up.

Need to take a few minutes enjoy the coffee and let the fingers warm up a hair...

OK glad I picked up a bag of some hard wood smoking coal. I have resigned myself that basting and smoking that red meat stuff is going to be the order of the day.

Last edited:

Vapin4Joy

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Morning everyone, I've been up since 5:45, made breakfast for all of us, the dogs got wheat pancakes and a couple of strips of bacon. Needless to say they loved it. I spent about 3 hours on the bank with a line in the water, got myself 5 smallmouth and 1 rock bass, not bad, a warm and sunny day here. :wave:

pete67

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Howdy Pete, you going to take advantage of V3 sale? I'm holding off till the 4th of July, you know they will have a sale.
I'm holding off too. You know as well as I do they will have a sale for the 4th. It is the first of the month and they always have sales then.

pete67

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Morning everyone, I've been up since 5:45, made breakfast for all of us, the dogs got wheat pancakes and a couple of strips of bacon. Needless to say they loved it. I spent about 3 hours on the bank with a line in the water, got myself 5 smallmouth and 1 rock bass, not bad, a warm and sunny day here. :wave:
Looks like you are going to have a good supper.

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Howdy Vapin:wave:

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
You made me want shish-ka-bobs:facepalm::facepalm:
thumbnail_IMG_20160626_1354335242_zps6lgaoiz0.jpg
Looks good but not a gas boy.
FYI DO NOT get the aussie shit. All of them missing the back vent.
Full open air holes+ gust of wind on a flare up and the shitty tongs of doom, missing half the hair on my arms and some first degree burns on my hands from finger nails to wrists.

Took the god damned thing back sweaty, smokey and scorched. They gave me some shit until I explained my hands were not fucking red naturally.
Chicken barely got done, no way to regulate the temp with that air flow. you had chice of wide open and wide fucking open.

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Slow braise in the crockpot. for the beef. There is fuck all of a chance that it would have cooked correctly in that fucky grill.
Vinegar soaked compresses for the tops of the hands.

Fuck it I am done fucking around with the grill this year. It was the first and the last, I honestly fucking hate it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VU Sponsors