Become a Patron!

Whiskey's Corner#3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vapin4Joy

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have 5 floor boards that have cupped, looking all over for a possible water leak, too old to be doing this, crawling under the house sucks. Pulling the fronts of the dish washer and fridge off. I wonder is it because of all the rain, humidity?
Anyway, dogs fed, burgers on the grill for me. :D

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I have 5 floor boards that have cupped, looking all over for a possible water leak, too old to be doing this, crawling under the house sucks. Pulling the fronts of the dish washer and fridge off. I wonder is it because of all the rain, humidity?
That does suck, how old are they?

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Oh geeeze I hope it's an easy fix, Vapin, or just the humidity

Vapin4Joy

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It's a Raccoon living under the house, chewed through the vapor barrier and insulation and took up residence. I'm digging out my critter killer, I'm not going to take a shot at it under the house, it would be too many holes to patch, I made out of a old oil furnace igniter a critter killer. I took the igniter power wire and put it thru a hole I drilled in the bottom of a large tin can and grounded the can back to the igniter. Attached an electrical cord with a plug. What you do is set it out with a big wad of peanut butter on the exposed hot wire, plug it in, critter goes after peanut butter, puts feet on can, eats peanut butter and gets zapped by 120,000 volts. The downside, knocks critter at least 100 feet. :devil::giggle:

Vapin4Joy

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It will be alright, I will get it, coons are nasty, vicious, very smart animals, I'm not letting my dogs near it. One more thing, they are extremely quiet, very little sent, they constantly clean themselves.

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
You know how damned hard it is to find an appropriate Raccoon meme????????????????????:giggle::giggle:

what-Favimcom-2400831.gif

Foggz

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Foggz said: ↑
wife and I have just started 'considering' the possiblity of.. getting a new pup

Possibility? A matter of when, I hope. And how big. And whether or not you will need a bigger bed.....

had to search for this.. can't keep up with this thread all the time - haha Thanks for the thought wolf .. felt I needed to answer - actually thinking TWO :) - have some calls in to a couple of people that handle rescues so hopefully soon!!

Boattlebot

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
It's a Raccoon living under the house, chewed through the vapor barrier and insulation and took up residence. I'm digging out my critter killer, I'm not going to take a shot at it under the house, it would be too many holes to patch, I made out of a old oil furnace igniter a critter killer. I took the igniter power wire and put it thru a hole I drilled in the bottom of a large tin can and grounded the can back to the igniter. Attached an electrical cord with a plug. What you do is set it out with a big wad of peanut butter on the exposed hot wire, plug it in, critter goes after peanut butter, puts feet on can, eats peanut butter and gets zapped by 120,000 volts. The downside, knocks critter at least 100 feet. :devil::giggle:
Hahaha mg uncle did something similar to a bird feeder. Birds didn't get grounded but the squirls would fly away like you hit them with a tennis racket. Funniest fu king thing I ever saw

Vapin4Joy

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Oh I know.. as much as I am an animal lover, they are nasty things - Also the "I can build anything" part of my brain can totally appreciate the ingenuity of that critter killer !
It's the disease's they carry, believe me they are a pest.
The funny thing is I have heard my dogs chasing something in the woods a couple of times, took it for granted it was squirrels or skunks.

Foggz

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It's the disease's they carry, believe me they are a pest.

They will run 99% of the time unless you corner them

yep yep.. unless they are rabid... couple of news stories i had heard of, people being attacked and such.. you do have to wonder if the people were just being stupid tho - like the incidents of people trying to feed bears 'cuz they are so cute' . Common sense people ! sheesh

Status
Not open for further replies.

VU Sponsors