Status
Not open for further replies.

OneBadWolf

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
K2LfyJh.jpg

And now, this mornings inspirational message, from the character of Secretary of State Walter Larsen, portrayed by Tim Robbins in the HBO series, The Brink. Secretary of State Walter Larsen, addresses a team of elementary school hockey players, visiting the Whitehouse to have their pic taken with the POTUS....

Hey kids. Just want you to know your future is in the hands of a bunch of impotent war-loving maniacs. Gather around. You kids need to start a goddamn revolution. And I don’t mean this Occupy Wall Street bullshit, with their human microphone and their jazz hands. I mean the real deal, where people are actually terrified to leave their homes. You need to arm yourself! Fuck the ballot! Time for fucking bullets! Burn it all down, I say!”

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Morning all. Starting off to be a shitty day! Gearbest cancelled the order for my new phone. I contacted them via chat to find out why. They told me that their credit card server flagged me as a risk, and then automatically cancelled my order. Funny........I have a 827 credit score (out of 850), and 6 empty credit cards.......Fuckin' Bullshit! (excuse my French). So when I asked them to adjust the price to the sale price that I paid a few days ago (so I can try to use PayPal instead).....they said that they can't do that, and I need to submit a ticket for help via their email. I've pretty much fuckin' had it with the Fkin' Chinese :gaah:.
Assholes could have contacted you that there was an issue, I never, ever order from them.

Breazy_Com

Excellence In Service
VU Vendor
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Time to go and do some stuff........Talk to y'all later.
Hey Kevin. Your right, stop with these overseas transactions. By the time you get a new phone you'll be six feet under lol. There's so many options for free phones and discount phones with all the carriers. Don't know why you just don't do one of those deals. If you don't want to do that and want to buy a phone outright that might not be to expensive the computer company Asus makes a phone that looks pretty powerful for a reasonable price. https://www.asus.com/us/phone/

philbh

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
Assholes could have contacted you that there was an issue, I never, ever order from them.
Wow. I guess I'm one of the lucky ones that has not had a problem with gearbest. I did have trouble with FastTech over this past summer. I ordered a bunch of stuff including some batteries. After 3 weeks they told me they couldn't ship batteries to the US. 2 weeks later told me that one of the items I ordered was discontinued. A week after that they finally send out the remainder of my order.

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hi Phi, Just the opposite here, I am a big FT customer(only had one late order), first order I tried to place with gear best they screwed it up, site said items in stock, 3 items all in stock.....waited 2 weeks hear nothing and no tracking number, many attempts failed to be answered to see why.....finally got a response saying all 3 items were back ordered, they were not going to contact me , but rather just leave me in limbo...wanted to cancel my order and they refused to do that, went round and round with them, needless to say, they lost a customer over all the BS and hoop jumping.

Kevin H.

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hey Kevin. Your right, stop with these overseas transactions. By the time you get a new phone you'll be six feet under lol. There's so many options for free phones and discount phones with all the carriers. Don't know why you just don't do one of those deals. If you don't want to do that and want to buy a phone outright that might not be to expensive the computer company Asus makes a phone that looks pretty powerful for a reasonable price. https://www.asus.com/us/phone/
I don't use a major carrier like AT&T, Verizon, Sprint, or T-Mobile. My service is through a company that company that USES T-Mobile's network. For (3) phones, I pay about $35.00 a month, so it just makes sense to buy my own phone, since the company that I use offers phones that are either NOT as up to date as the newer ones, or they charge an arm and a leg to get something more current (most likely why I only pay $35 for (3) phone lines). Anyways, Amazon has a couple phones with the specs. that I'm looking for. They are NOT Apple phones, or Samsung phones, but are about $400 for what I am looking for. I can get something just about as good (for specs. and build) for under $150.00 . That's why I look to China for a phone. Apple and Samsungs are made in China or Vietnam, so although they are/might be a better phone.....they are NOT worth $700 or $800 to me.....NOT for a cellphone....(But that's just me;)).

Kevin H.

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Kevin I am on a LG k7 phone. T mobile or such has them no contract un locking them is easy. I paid 49 00 for this one. It doesn't mow the lawn but it does every thing else.
I'll have to look into it......haven't read anything about LG phones. My Dad had an older LG phone.....and he even said that it sucked:teehee:. It was an older model.....but was overcomplicated, and NOT easy for many to use. I'll still look into the K7 though.....Thanks.

Kevin H.

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Kevin I am on a LG k7 phone. T mobile or such has them no contract un locking them is easy. I paid 49 00 for this one. It doesn't mow the lawn but it does every thing else.
I just looked up the K7. The specs. on that phone just won't work for me, but I appreciate the info. Looked the K7 up on Amazon.....They want $115.00. On the website of the company that I use.....They want $143 for the K7. For $49, it's a good enough phone for some people....but for $143....for me.....NEVER. (Just my opinion;)).

Skullzz

Blonde disaster
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Problem with Samsung is, once a newer model comes out you start to have issues with the older one because they won't do software upgrades as much. Dealt with it many times and finally gave Samsung the finger. Never an issue with my iPhone's and I am on my 3rd one.

Sent from a pay phone

philbh

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
I just looked up the K7. The specs. on that phone just won't work for me, but I appreciate the info. Looked the K7 up on Amazon.....They want $115.00. On the website of the company that I use.....They want $143 for the K7. For $49, it's a good enough phone for some people....but for $143....for me.....NEVER. (Just my opinion;)).
You ever look at the used option?. You can get pretty good deals on phones that aren't Cutting Edge.

Markw4mms

#Team Jimi Supporter
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Good evening corner family!:wave::coffee:
Kev, I'm not sure who your carrier is, but I have a ZTE N9518 (Warp Elite) on Boost and have been very happy with it. I bought my phone new off Ebay for almost $100 less than what Boost wanted for them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VU Sponsors