Become a Patron!

Whiskey's Corner#3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Saddletramp1200

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Princess is worn out. Looking thru one of the cook books I just got I saw a 1913 ad for a Funeral Home. Being nosy I looked it up on google earth. In L.A. Cali, it's still there. Next to it is a Tire shop. Viva Cali! You can plant Aunt Martha, & get your tires rotated @ the same time. :cool::bliss:

Vapin4Joy

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Have a good night everyone:wave:<3
tumblr_o3f3u2OrCP1v5sygto1_500_zpsmfvnx7w7.gif
Good night Whiskey. :hug:

Saddletramp1200

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
To help Kevin I started looking for cell phones. Can't do any better than he is. Just saw some phones for $700.00 I can't picture that. What the Hell can a phone do to make it worth that much? Guess I'm to old to understand. The old Brick phone when they were no cell phones were $4000.00. That I understand. But now? I can't drink enough Tequila to spend 700.00 for a phone. :confused:

Saddletramp1200

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have Pandora, Bluetooth 4.1 Super nice sport neck phones with calling, email, internet. What more can a phone do? Oh I forgot, I could start my car with it from in the shop. :confused: I know how handsome I am, so I don't take selfies. :bliss:

Boattlebot

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I found some gravel at a full loves. Not quite sure I can park here but whatever. I only got 35 min till I can't move this truck anyways.

Skullzz

Blonde disaster
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
To help Kevin I started looking for cell phones. Can't do any better than he is. Just saw some phones for $700.00 I can't picture that. What the Hell can a phone do to make it worth that much? Guess I'm to old to understand. The old Brick phone when they were no cell phones were $4000.00. That I understand. But now? I can't drink enough Tequila to spend 700.00 for a phone. :confused:

Then you definitely don't wanna know what I am paying for my iPhone

Sent from a pay phone

Boattlebot

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Get out & walk it. If it feels good go ahead.
Yea feels fine. I only got 12k in the trailer to.
I can't even know how to guess. I paid 109thousand for a truck. 30 years ago. Paid it off in 3 years. I still can't eat Spam rotfl
I keep seeing well loved trucks for 25k on the side of the road.

No clue why I'm on such a crappy road tho, I'm on 54 south and I've been on it sense witchita and I'll be on it another 200 miles

Saddletramp1200

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I know what you do when you are young will bite you on the ass when your old. (if you get there) I'm paying for a life well lived. I would do it again. :cool::bliss:

Boattlebot

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Got a giant storm cloud overhead. Looked like it would let loose any second for the last hour. Gunna see a show tonight

Boattlebot

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I know what you do when you are young will bite you on the ass when your old. (if you get there) I'm paying for a life well lived. I would do it again. :cool::bliss:
Yea, don't think I'm going o/o or at least not with a beat down old truck that would need 70k worth of work lol

Boattlebot

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Sa
Park nose into the wind if you can. Trailers blow over in that part of the woods.
Saw my mentor moving the truck a little, must a been what he was doing.

Looks like its noon with all the lightning. Looked real cool on the Kansas turnpike by flat rock? The only hilly spot in the whole damn state lol.

Boattlebot

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Oh Frog don't ever bad mouth someones truck. You might be sipping soup thru a straw. You ain't in school now. ;)
Not knocking and old Pete, but when there's a brand new western star parked next to it, I can tell why the Pete's got a sign lol

Saddletramp1200

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
You bring me such joy. I had to search a long way back to remember my trainer. He was a Trucker. I am sure you have a good one. Get some sleep. :bliss:

Boattlebot

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
He's been otr for 20 years. He's crazy as hell and were getting along good. Now I'm just chilling in the truck.

Now he's all afraid of red lighting in the distance

Boattlebot

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Ma nature is a bitch sometimes. Put the bed guard on if it has one. Like a seat belt or net. That's what it's for. Tornadoes ain't funny.
It was one red bolt, the rest is a shitton of heat lighting with the random bolt of normal thrown in.

Top bunk don't have the net tho anyways

Kevin H.

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thanks bud!.......No worries. I'll figure it out. My budget is about $150.00 for a good phone. I was even thinking about a deal that was sent to my email for one of the newest phones made by the company Xiaomi (one of the two biggest brands for Chinese phones) with a 6.44 inch screeno_O for $229. When I drew the size of the phone on a piece of paper (using their specs.), it was just a little bit smaller than a 7" tablet :crazy:. Although the screen size is GREAT......I don't want something that big hanging outta my back pocket:facepalm:. My last phone had a 5.5" screen, and I need to have at least that size phone for the next one too. Not going smaller, cuz' my son's 5" screen phone is driving me nuts to use. I'll have a new phone soon.......just NOT Amazon Prime soon:rolleyes:.

Kevin H.

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I just purchased a phone from Best Buy about an hour and a half ago :confetti:. It was the one that I had initially purchased from that seller on Ebay, that never shipped me the phone:gaah:. I still wanted that phone that I saw on GearWorst, so I decided to try an experiment. I used one of my PayPal accounts @ 5:30am this morning to REbuy the other phone. I emailed them shortly after to see if my order went through. It did....but was cancelled/refunded immediately :cuss2:. I had this problem a few months ago using PayPal to TRY to purchase things from a couple of vendors in China, and was on the phone for a couple of hours with PayPal to try to get the issue fixed. So, about 20 minutes ago, I tried to RE-buy the phone ONE more time (using the PayPal account that was giving me trouble back in June). I decided to NOT use credit card payment through PayPal, so I tried having the money taken out of my checking account directly (via PayPal). Unbelievable............It now looks like it worked:slowclap:. So now......I may have (2) phones coming :facepalm:. I'm going to contact the China company in a little while.....and see if the payment REALLY went through this time:crazy:. Oh well.......We'll see :popcorn:.

Kevin H.

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Well. It only took 32 minutes from when I ordered the phone, and it said that it was PAID. Got an email from PayPal, that the phone purchase was cancelled and refunded. There's money in the checking account, so I don't know what the hell the issue is. Oh well. Looks like I'm heading to Best Buy later today to pick up my new phone.

Breazy_Com

Excellence In Service
VU Vendor
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Next month when the Iphone7 comes out I am upgrading to that this time, I hate my Moto-Turbo:gaah:
I Phone is the most solid phone out there. Had a bunch of them and never had any troubles. Have the Samsung Galaxy Note 3 for the work phone and I hate it lol. Just my opinion.

Breazy_Com

Excellence In Service
VU Vendor
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Great to hear an opinion on the Iphone Breazy, looks like Skully like them too
I got the I Phone 6S plus and I love it. It's big but using it for the internet and stuff is good. Plus It's easier to see without reading glasses lol. I didn't want to wait for the 7 because the price at launch is always up there and they're rumored to be taking away the headphone jack so anything connected will have to be Blue Tooth. There's deals out there now for the 6S and 6S plus.

Breazy_Com

Excellence In Service
VU Vendor
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Wow!.....Note 3?.....My brother has the 5 (got it I'm pretty sure right when it came out).....and that was 2 years ago. How old is that 3 then?
Couple of years. Corporate America always gets the cheapest deal lol. It's like this.....your either an android person or an IOS person. It's just a matter of preference. I do find having both of them that Android has more of a tendency of things to stop working after an update. I like IOS because it syncs and backs up with my I Tunes and I have all my music on there. The good thing is that one time I did have a problem with one of the phones and I restored it back from I Tunes and everything was fine. Like vaping, backup to backups lol

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I got the I Phone 6S plus and I love it. It's big but using it for the internet and stuff is good. Plus It's easier to see without reading glasses lol. I didn't want to wait for the 7 because the price at launch is always up there and they're rumored to be taking away the headphone jack so anything connected will have to be Blue Tooth. There's deals out there now for the 6S and 6S plus.
Easier to see, that's a strong point for me, next month the I7, upgrading

Kevin H.

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Couple of years. Corporate America always gets the cheapest deal lol. It's like this.....your either an android person or an IOS person. It's just a matter of preference. I do find having both of them that Android has more of a tendency of things to stop working after an update. I like IOS because it syncs and backs up with my I Tunes and I have all my music on there. The good thing is that one time I did have a problem with one of the phones and I restored it back from I Tunes and everything was fine. Like vaping, backup to backups lol
If an iPhone wasn't so damn expensive......I'd probably have one. For me to purchase an iPhone, it would have to be under $200 (and since my cell account is NOT with any major carrier, that's not gonna happen)......so, for under $200.....I would have to get a 5/5s and it would be a refurb. I won't spend 7-$800 for a phone.......and I'm not looking to "back pedal" with technology. For me, that would be like going from a DNA 200 mod, back to an Ego :teehee:.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VU Sponsors