https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Going 100 when everyone around you is going 90 isnt that bad.... on the throughway i was hovering around 80-85 like everyone else.....
Dude, I am having hard time with this... that attitude is why I am the way I am.
I talk to kids about it, and I council patients who were also innocent but whose life was forever changed because some jackass got a sportscar and wanted to 'be cool.'
and the first thing I did when I got out the hospital was modify a 550hp trans-am so that I could get back on the road, but there are tracks and certain roads to drive like that, not slinging down the interstate to be cool and beat an imaginary clock.

I council patients at minimum once a week whom are also damaged for life because of idiot, selfish drivers.

Now, that's all I'm gong to say about it.

Last edited:

Boattlebot

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Is your car modern?

Those safety standards are on brand new cars, not cars with thousands of miles of wear and tear on them.

Like everyone else has said, pull your head out of your a$$ and think about the outcomes of your actions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
helL of alot more modern then a car in the 80s when 90% of the curent speedlimits where assigned. Not to mention the modifications done to the suspension to increase the handling potential. My cars weak point is the motor.

SirVtHondaGuy08

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
helL of alot more modern then a car in the 80s when 90% of the curent speedlimits where assigned. Not to mention the modifications done to the suspension to increase the handling potential. My cars weak point is the motor.
I'm done, point of all this is you're being a jackass on the road. Easiest thing for me to is hit ignore.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mykline

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have to agree and disagree with comments about the speeder. After I spent 7 years in Germany it was real hard for me too slow down when I came back to the United States. I was use to driving at 110mph + on a daily basis. Now down in Texas they have a highway with posted 85mph highway so you know people are driving at 90-95 +. For a long time highway between Los Angeles and Las Vegas didn't have a speed limit. But at the end of the day we should drive responsible and consider others.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

f1r3b1rd

https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I have to agree and disagree with comments about the speeder. After I spent 7 years in Germany it was real hard for me too slow down when I came back to the United States. I was use to driving at 110mph + on a daily basis. Now down in Texas they have a highway with posted 85mph highway so you know people are driving at 90-95 +. For a long time highway between Los Angeles and Las Vegas didn't have a speed limit. But at the end of the day we should drive responsible and consider others.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk
Look at the vid and in relation to the other traffic.... totally different scenario
Ive driven through west Texas and through Mexico, I know what you mean :)

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
On my 21st, I may have been late to my own bday party, may have been clocked doing 135mph at 5pm and may have been not legally sober.
The only saving grace was the cop knew the band (not PC in any fashion) I was listening to and he went to high school with my dad.
I never went over the posted limit after that. 40 now.

Prior to that I MIGHT have topped the rev limiter out on a 1996 stillen modified 300z. maxed out around 185mph. But at the time after 2am the streets were empty as hell and no cars were seen nor passed when I did it. Not my car and they wanted to see how fast it would go.

vuJim

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
I have to agree and disagree with comments about the speeder. After I spent 7 years in Germany it was real hard for me too slow down when I came back to the United States. I was use to driving at 110mph + on a daily basis.
I've been a passenger in cars that drove faster than that on the autobahn. Difference being the autobahn was designed and is maintained with those speeds in mind and German drivers are, lets face it, better, more competent drivers than the average U.S. driver. (In all the time I was in Europe, I could count on one hand the number of times I ever saw a driver camped-out in the left lane, and have fingers left over.) Furthermore: German drivers expect other vehicles might be going that fast. Lastly: The cars I was in were designed with such driving in mind. I would never dream of driving most cars I've owned in the U.S. at those speeds--even if they could have done it.

Driving at those kinds of speeds, here in the U.S., in the average American motor vehicle, is, IMO, the height of irresponsibility.

And that's all I'll say on the subject, as I know Whiskey does not appreciate contention in her Corner.

Boattlebot

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Very
I've been a passenger in cars that drove faster than that on the autobahn. Difference being the autobahn was designed and is maintained with those speeds in mind and German drivers are, lets face it, better, more competent drivers than the average U.S. driver. (In all the time I was in Europe, I could count on one hand the number of times I ever saw a driver camped-out in the left lane, and have fingers left over.) Furthermore: German drivers expect other vehicles might be going that fast. Lastly: The cars I was in were designed with such driving in mind. I would never dream of driving most cars I've owned in the U.S. at those speeds--even if they could have done it.

Driving at those kinds of speeds, here in the U.S., in the average American motor vehicle, is, IMO, the height of irresponsibility.

And that's all I'll say on the subject, as I know Whiskey does not appreciate contention in her Corner.
Very valId point. Ive thought for years that we need an "autobahn" here. I dislike german cars but i do like how they are maintained and built.

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yea , what Nasty said , My filters are what they are, I am big on trying to put someone on the right track , but if it ain't gonna happen, it ain't gonna happen.
I am a stickler for the respect side of it, You guys are all family, we all good here right?

Last edited:

Boattlebot

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
No way, most drivers do not belong on the damned road.
Cellphone and texting should be harsher punishment that dui IMHO.
Finally i think thats something we can all agree with. I like nys laws with txting. 3 time and no more license. It needs to be way way harsher but i feel atleast its a decent start.

My prefered punishment fornit would be an automatic loss of license for 5 years.

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
You've heard about the franchise called 'Chipotle' (home of the 1000 calorie burrito)? Cases of e.coli, salmonella, and other harmful bacteria have been reported from that restaurant nationwide.

They shut down every 'Chipotle' nationwide for four hours this past week (Thursday?), and had a corporate meeting via Internet conferencing.

I can only imagine what transpired during that vid conference -

"Apparently, our pepper shipment from Chile was compromised... our buyers at corporate are locating other growers... Argentina, Venezuela, among others.

Be advised that all employee stations will be under corporate video surveillance, as well as employee rest rooms - which means, mandatory hand washing after using rest room facilities, and snoods will be worn by anyone with facial hair. Furthermore, employees with unorthodox facial piercings will have to remove them before clocking in, or be summarily terminated."

Yep. This is what will eventually happen. Corporations already hold more sway than Mikaela and Cody...

Liz and I rarely go out to dinner (try S*****'* salad bar, and food bar - that'll summarily clean you out, sometimes even BEFORE you leave the restaurant... uhh, no thanks), unless the place has a good rating and reputation.

Liz wants me to prepare dinner. So, I shall ;).

LW & Liz :):):):)
Those outbreaks are called from turd to tongue infections.
It means some nasty motherfucker touched his gross unwashed hands to his unwashed ass and them touched your food.
Some of the suppliers and why I will not touch mexican produce the field workers just shit all over the produce in the field like grazing animals.

all 100000% preventable.

Now tuesday I thought I had food poisoning but was a gallstone, if there is sharp pains and you cannot keep anything down, do not pass go just get your ass to the hospital.

Breazy_Com

Excellence In Service
VU Vendor
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Evening everyone ! Winding down for the day. Only some laundry left to do. Was doggie maintenance day LMAO ! My jack Russell jack hates it. Clean his ears, cut his nails and a bath. Of course I torment him days before I do it. Telling him he's going to get a bath with the medicine shampoo and I'm going to fix his ears and cut his nails. Then I ask him who's going to be first and he runs away. When his brother Russell was alive and they had to get baths I always asked who's going to be first. That's the dead giveaway to Jack that he's getting it. But......now he's all clean and handsome lol. Have a good night everyone !

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
BTW.. I mentioned my stepfather's brain-bleed malfunction, and that he had regained his power of speech. They've now moved him from ICU to a regular room. So yay! He may have a slow recovery, 3 wks of rehab, but at this point it does appear he will survive; given that he's recently turned 76 yrs old, that's all to the good.

Andria

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Evening everyone ! Winding down for the day. Only some laundry left to do. Was doggie maintenance day LMAO ! My jack Russell jack hates it. Clean his ears, cut his nails and a bath. Of course I torment him days before I do it. Telling him he's going to get a bath with the medicine shampoo and I'm going to fix his ears and cut his nails. Then I ask him who's going to be first and he runs away. When his brother Russell was alive and they had to get baths I always asked who's going to be first. That's the dead giveaway to Jack that he's getting it. But......now he's all clean and handsome lol. Have a good night everyone !
Loved this post, Have a good evening Breazy:)

Thejackson5

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Yea , what Nasty said (except bein drunk part):D, My filters are what they are, I am big on trying to put someone on the right track , but if it ain't gonna happen, it ain't gonna happen.
I am a stickler for the respect side of it, You guys are all family, we all good here right?

I apologize also Whiskey. Just couldn't hold my tongue on that one.

Boattlebot

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Yay. Finally got some wire on the way. Ordered 600ft of wire from lv. Almost went amazon but with a code they gave me after my last shipment it was only a dollar more to go with lv for alot more wire. Got 500ft of 34 and 100 of 36 so i xan start playing with an even higher gauge.

I think one of these days im just gunna order a crapton of wire and be set for a while. I blow through thin wire like its my job.

Boattlebot

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Yeah, whiskey i should also apoligize for getting the argument started. In hindsight shoulda just left it at wow my cars loud and it gave me a headache.
My bad

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Yea , what Nasty said (except bein drunk part):D, My filters are what they are, I am big on trying to put someone on the right track , but if it ain't gonna happen, it ain't gonna happen.
Never said drunk.
My liver is to tender still to push booze at it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VU Sponsors