Become a Patron!

Whiskey's corner

Status
Not open for further replies.

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
My coworker decided to show today, so I'm not solo, and 83° w/100% humidity. Supposed to get blama lama'd with severe storms that are currently going thru the mid-gulf states now. A lot of fields are still under water from this wet winter.

Good god, I just looked at weather.com's radar; looks like LA and western MS is getting HAMMERED. That shit is supposed to be here (ATL) tonight. We got the first wave of it yesterday and last night, but this secondary bunch looks worse!

Andria

JERUS

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
That's rough I suppose..Even with the warm weather out here I still prefer a comfortable pair of jeans...shorts are worn going fishing or to the beach mostly...

Sent from my QTAQZ3 using Tapatalk
I live about 2 miles from the ocean and even in February we saw 90 degree weather a couple times this year. Shorts for sure. If I go jeans things get a bit swampy downstairs.

That said I also wore shorts and sandals in below freezing weather in Montana when I lived there for a couple years... it's just ingrained in me from living in SoCal. Plus nothing is worse than walking out of 30degree weather into a 80degree heated room and have to strip everything off or sweat your ass off.

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
WTF there is some xfiles type sickness rolling around.
Caught something I had been fighting before the pain factory. Got the laid low screwing there, been fighting feverish and aches along with recovery from the anesthesia which does horrible shit to me.

Mom got laid low with it last night.

For some unknown reason I actually got freaking cold, semi unlikely since we live on the third floor.. ground floor is a FATB (freshish across the border) family, middle is 1st gen ATB so it is normally opening windows if it is in the 40s outside.. since they enjoy heating the building... they have two temp settings. Nuclear and Satan's taint hot.
I dozed and woke up cold, I mean like near shivering cold.
Busted out heavy weight sweats over my heavy weight shorts, pair of socks with the decrepit non slip socks. Shirt with a long sleeve heavy weight carhert with a hoodie with hood up. Just chowed down some beef stew with some extra pepper and still feel cold.
Take good care of yourself Nasty, that's all you need is to get sick on top of all you have gone through my friend. I hope your mom gets over it soon.:)

smacksy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I live about 2 miles from the ocean and even in February we saw 90 degree weather a couple times this year. Shorts for sure. If I go jeans things get a bit swampy downstairs.
I'm about 10 mi inland from the beach and about 15 mi north of the Mexico border...gets plenty warm out here but not humid... actually very comfortable wearing jeans...high of 78° today..

JERUS

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I'm about 10 mi inland from the beach and about 15 mi north of the Mexico border...gets plenty warm out here but not humid... actually very comfortable wearing jeans...high of 78° today..

Forgot you were a San Diego guy. Anyways, I guess you just take heat better than I do. I miss Montana and the weather.

RatRacer

a touch oɟɟ
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years

It's the constant high humidity that does it in for me. Prolonged jeans wear sets off a bad exzema bout on my legs, and they itch like a MF.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years

I envy that lack of humidity -- I don't mind warm at all, but the humidity bothers the hell out of me -- it's the main reason I start running the AC sometime in April, when it's not even very hot yet, and keep running it sometimes into October.

Andria

smacksy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
HiYa Break just seeing your rods & reels make me want to go fishing. I can't hardly wait till the weather gets better here:):D
I know! Getting ready a little early...New line, reels all cleaned and lubed up, and now just gotta re-stock teminal tackle..means a trip down to Squidco, the best salt water tackle shop here in San Diego.. Good fishing kicks off next month..been a mild winter, thx to El Nino,

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Take good care of yourself Nasty, that's all you need is to get sick on top of all you have gone through my friend. I hope your mom gets over it soon.:)
Thanks man I am trying.
Mom is calling it a short day, Dr. appointment and she is one of the few who go home when sick instead of being a freaking germy office terrorist.
Going to hook her up with some gypsy cold care and peppermint tea.

The healing is slow going, not sure why it is so slow. Kind of concerned that some of the pain spots have not eased up.
The gas is still proving to be an issue, pockets in some of the muscles and the heat helps but getting heat there is the challenge. This weekend if mom is feeling better and I get the ok from the doc I am most eager to hit the steam room.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Thanks man I am trying.
Mom is calling it a short day, Dr. appointment and she is one of the few who go home when sick instead of being a freaking germy office terrorist.
Going to hook her up with some gypsy cold care and peppermint tea.

The healing is slow going, not sure why it is so slow. Kind of concerned that some of the pain spots have not eased up.
The gas is still proving to be an issue, pockets in some of the muscles and the heat helps but getting heat there is the challenge. This weekend if mom is feeling better and I get the ok from the doc I am most eager to hit the steam room.

Kudos to your mom! Those Theraflu commercials gripe the hell out of me, "take this, and go on to work.... where you can spread your disease around to everyone!"

Hope both of y'all get feeling better pronto!

Andria

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Kudos to your mom! Those Theraflu commercials gripe the hell out of me, "take this, and go on to work.... where you can spread your disease around to everyone!"

Hope both of y'all get feeling better pronto!

Andria
I Agree 1000% with that. Some people have no respect for anyone

Last edited:

smacksy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Oops! Double post, sorry guys :(

Last edited:

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
So did I miss anything exciting? I'm still a bit jetlagged.

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Helllllllllllloooooo
tumblr_o1qg5bPiGL1rhpn4yo1_500_zpszpsf6knh.jpg

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years

That said I also wore shorts and sandals in below freezing weather in Montana when I lived there for a couple years... it's just ingrained in me from living in SoCal. Plus nothing is worse than walking out of 30degree weather into a 80degree heated room and have to strip everything off or sweat your ass off.
BAN him^^^^ :D:D JK

Breazy_Com

Excellence In Service
VU Vendor
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Was so shot last night I never hit post reply.No catching up tonight. Just got home from work and dropping the F-ing kid back in Detox and Rehab. Just to damn tired. Better he's back than dead I guess

Thejackson5

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I'm so far behind I can't even see myself coming Jax:eek:
What happened?

Guy took off with his kid, amber alert went out sunday, they found the dad yesterday, just pulled the body of the daughter out of inner harbor. 21 months old. Makes me sick to my stomach.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VU Sponsors