Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
And a little Pumpkin fun trivia
tumblr_ocrqthsRVf1tmjfioo1_1280.jpg
Edit, sorry so small on the lettering size

LynnNC

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
me either! In fact, haven't had a baked ham in quite awhile.......and that's one of my favorite things! Gotta be Smithfield though. :)

Not quite soup/stew weather here yet......but soon will be.
It's getting there here. The last 2 mornings have had lows in the low 40's and highs in the upper 60's. Supposed to be in the mid 70's until the weekend. Back to the 60's then. I love it though! :)

LynnNC

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
yipes! Not me, can't take the cold. It makes me hurt too much
Me too but I can't move south so I just deal with it. NC, as a rule, has a very moderate climate. Sure we have some cold weather at times but at others, generally 50's and 60's for highs. My hands hurt this morning but I did have some tortilla chips last night at the restaurant and corn is a big no no for me so I guess I asked for it! :sad:Guess they know I'm going back to work tonight too! :xD:

Lannie

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
It's getting there here. The last 2 mornings have had lows in the low 40's and highs in the upper 60's. Supposed to be in the mid 70's until the weekend. Back to the 60's then. I love it though! :)

We had SNOW last night! Ham and bean soup sounds really good right about now. I have lots of different kinds of dried beans, and a ham (but no bone), so that will be next on my list for dinner after we finish what I made last night (which was Lannie's version of gumbo). I made enough for an army, so it's gonna be a few days before we get to that ham and bean soup, but I can't wait. I love bean soup!

And......it goes on the stove:popcorn:
thumbnail_IMG_12051_zps1dqkhmy0.jpg

Have a great day everyone:wave:

Oh, that looks SO GOOD! :)

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I've heard you talk about this a lot, if you don't mind me asking, how did they discover you have this gene?
I actually 'discovered' it by watching a show on PBS. 15 years and more ago.
Spoke with my DR and they gave me and my wife some of the liquid to sip. I forget the name but there is a certain chemical you can drink that to test.
If no bitter gene, taste pretty much like nothing, if bitter gene is horrible.
They did 2 vials of placebo and one of real for each of us as a blind test.
Wife did not believe I had the gene till after the test.
She just thought I was a picky eater.

Edit...
I miss that DR he was a great DR.
You actually felt like a patient and not a product on an assembly line.

Last edited:

chopdoc

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Glad you got it, sorry ya don't like it as much. I wonder if it's a wicking issue or coil placement issue.

Its wicked fine and coiled like I do all my coils. Think its just perspective. It is not a bad tank, but at the same time I dont seem to see a reason to rave about it :D

Now off to a doc's appointment I go. Yall have fun!

Reign

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee

So jealous! Woke up in the high 70's humidity of 10,000% supposed to be in the 90's later. :( I love Texas but I am just about done with the weather here.

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I guess I gotta go thru my dried bean/pea collection and see what I need. Usually bean soup is for when we're too broke to buy other food, which isn't the case anymore since I quit smoking, but my bean soup *is* pretty good. Maybe I'll get some of those cajun hot n spicy smoked sausages to put in it.

Andria

SirKadly

Squonk 'em if you got 'em
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
We had SNOW last night! Ham and bean soup sounds really good right about now. I have lots of different kinds of dried beans, and a ham (but no bone), so that will be next on my list for dinner after we finish what I made last night (which was Lannie's version of gumbo). I made enough for an army, so it's gonna be a few days before we get to that ham and bean soup, but I can't wait. I love bean soup!

Oh, that looks SO GOOD! :)
So, what is different about your version compared to the original recipe from Atcha?
I think Atcha's version was amazing!

Lannie

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
So, what is different about your version compared to the original recipe from Atcha?
I think Atcha's version was amazing!

It was, but it's very similar to something I've been making for years, the only difference being I make a butter roux, and use broth and cream as the liquid instead of just water. So it's creamier. ;) But I used the last of that Andouille sausage (which is NOT hot, by the way, just mildly spicy - I like it!), and chicken, with onions and celery, chicken broth and milk this time, because the cows are dry and I'm fresh outta cream. :( But it was still VERY good. Anyway, it just gets slopped over rice. Rich calls it Lannie Goo because it's always slightly different. I never measure anything, and I just use what's on hand for the ingredients. I make it all the time, but I've never made the same one twice. LOL!

VU Sponsors