Become a Patron!

Womper Woom Wejects

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Totally love celery. :D My husband hates it too, but what he doesn't know won't hurt him -- when it's chopped up very fine, I use it to season a lot of different meats, while cooking -- but it does have to be used very sparingly, because it's a very strong flavor -- mixed with chopped onion, green pepper, and garlic, it's awesome!

Andria
I can taste a tiny amount of celery in anything.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I thought the bitter gene meant that you "like" bitter stuff. Am I incorrect? Again?
Yep wrong again.

it means things that do not even taste bitter to most people taste bitter to me.
Alcohol tastes pretty bad too.
The bitter gene was discovered during research into why some become alcoholics and some do not.
NO ONE with the bitter gene was found to be an alcoholic.

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Yep wrong again.

it means things that do not even taste bitter to most people taste bitter to me.
Alcohol tastes pretty bad too.
The bitter gene was discovered during research into why some become alcoholics and some do not.

Frankly it's kind of amazing that someone as violently emetophobic as I am could be an alcoholic, but that's the tolerance of a genetic alcoholic for you; if it had made me sick the first time I got drunk, as it generally does to non-alcoholics, I'd never have drunk alcohol again. But it took years and years for alcohol to make me nauseous -- what actually made me nauseous was the beginnings of destruction of my liver.

Andria

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Frankly it's kind of amazing that someone as violently emetophobic as I am could be an alcoholic, but that's the tolerance of a genetic alcoholic for you; if it had made me sick the first time I got drunk, as it generally does to non-alcoholics, I'd never have drunk alcohol again. But it took years and years for alcohol to make me nauseous -- what actually made me nauseous was the beginnings of destruction of my liver.

Andria
You missed the joys of praying at the porcelain altar?

Ohh yes I have drunk a bit of alc.
Actually have a good tolerance for hard likker.
Just have to choke down enough to get me so I can't taste it any more.

I just drink for the effects not for the good taste.

Reign

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
200w.gif
@LynnNC I hope you have a great birthday my friend.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
You missed the joys of praying at the porcelain altar?

Ohh yes I have drunk a bit of alc.
Actually have a good tolerance for hard likker.
Just have to choke down enough to get me so I can't taste it any more.

I just drink for the effects not for the good taste.

The only two times I ever suffered from drinking in that way, in 13 yrs of HARD drinking, was when there was some other factor involved; first time, I had also taken some kind of tranquilizer, and the 2nd time, I was also suffering the effects of sunburn, dehydration, and whatever the hell toxic waste is in Lake Orion, MI -- people born there could swim in it all day and never get sick -- everyone else, it made sick as a dog. I do know there's a submerged amusement park in that lake, so who knows what kinda shit could be in that water. The lake weeds appear to have been dosed on steroids!!!

When I first started, I always drank shit that more or less disguised the flavor of the alcohol -- drank a lot of sangria then, or that boone's farm kinda crap, and naturally screwdrivers, but once when I asked for one of those, they were out of both vodka and orange juice... but they did have grapefruit juice and gin, so I learned to drink that, and then later, gin and OJ, which was my usual drink for probably a decade. And I learned to love beer and really good wine, but both really are acquired tastes - like cigarettes! :giggle:

The first time I tasted OJ after I got sober, I couldn't stand it; without a good portion of gin in it, it was much too sweet! :giggle: I had to learn to enjoy it in a virginal state all over again. :D

Andria

Atchafalaya

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Thought I was gonna have to stop kissing you, glad to know that's not the case.:blowkiss:

Though I guess by the next time I have the chance you would have been over it anyway.
Well I think the doctor has the allergy thing all wrong because I'm as sick as a dog now in bed. It might not be strep throat but it is something else because now I have fever:cry:

LynnNC

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Well I think the doctor has the allergy thing all wrong because I'm as sick as a dog now in bed. It might not be strep throat but it is something else because now I have fever:cry:
Did they do a rapid strep or a culture? My son had a rapid strep test and it was negative. He was sick as a dog. 24 hours later they called and said the culture came back positive and started him on antibiotics.

LynnNC

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Andria, I was the opposite kind of alcoholic than you. If it had alcohol in it, would get me so high that I would forget my own name, I'd drink it. Didn't matter if it was beer, cheap wine, hard liquor, whatever was going around. It was nothing for me to polish off a 12 pack or a 5th of liquor in a few hours. And I'd pass out, wake up hours later ready for another round. I have finally, after many years, gotten to the place where I can drink 1 drink, glass of wine or 1 beer and stop.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Andria, I was the opposite kind of alcoholic than you. If it had alcohol in it, would get me so high that I would forget my own name, I'd drink it. Didn't matter if it was beer, cheap wine, hard liquor, whatever was going around. It was nothing for me to polish off a 12 pack or a 5th of liquor in a few hours. And I'd pass out, wake up hours later ready for another round. I have finally, after many years, gotten to the place where I can drink 1 drink, glass of wine or 1 beer and stop.

I was always fairly picky about the taste -- not that I didn't drink some cheap beer and wine, I certainly did, but I knew the diff, and preferred the higher quality stuff, just couldn't always afford it. :D But I'd wake up in the morning, hangover hatchet firmly embedded in my skull, and wonder how I was going to get my 12pk that day. The last couple years of my drinking were completely terminal, and I knew I was alcoholic, I just hadn't quite reached my own personal "bottom" -- the porcelain goddess worship. :D Once I hit that point, I'd had ENOUGH. Plus, the sharply decreased tolerance in the last couple months were the real "dead" giveaway that my liver had one foot in the grave and one on a roller skate.

Andria

Reign

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
Thank you Reign!! So far it's been great! I took the little kitty that I adopted last week to the vet to have it tested for FeLV. It was negative so now I can let her roam about the house instead of keeping her in 2 rooms. :banana:

I am very glad to hear it has been a good one, and happy you get to let the new little one free.

Marley's blood work came back all within normal ranges, except a pancreatic value of 2000 normal value is 0-200. Vet thinks that one is a mistake and is ordering a retest. Urinalysis discovered a small amount of proteins present, further testing needed. So while she seems happy and active we may have something else going on. Hopefully it is something minor, fingers crossed.

SirKadly

Squonk 'em if you got 'em
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Crazy, at least 7 cop cars visible from my house in a block and a half stretch, blocking the road through town half a block from my house and presumably further down the other direction. Even made a fire truck detour to return to the fire station. This is a small town, 2000 people maybe. Not one mention of anything going on on the "local" (10 miles away city of South Bend, IN) news, no one on Facebook knows a thing. WTF? Combination of local and state cops.

Well, finally an official update to this situation. Posted 2 hours ago on the South Bend Tribune's website, slightly edited by me. Moser's is literally at the end of the block I live on.

"A 74-year-old woman has died after being hit by a car while crossing a street Monday evening in New Carlisle, authorities said.
was coming from Moser's Austrian Cafe and may not have used a crosswalk, McBrier said. The investigation is ongoing, and anyone with information is asked to call FACT..."

chopdoc

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Evening Wompers :D

My OBS Engine showed up today. Put dual SS Clapton coils in it, wicked it with some native wicks and gave it a try. Honestly I think the Boreas has better flavor. I like the design of the OBS because it is not gonna leak when its laid on its side like the Boreas is known to do but flavor wise it is ok. Nothing to seriously brag about in my opinion. To me the Merlin flavor is just as good as the OBS and that is single coil set up. It is a serious cloud producer just like the Boreas is but that is to be expected with any dual coil set up like that. Is it worth the $25 I paid for it? I would have to say yes but I dont know if I will get another one.

Reign

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
Well, finally an official update to this situation. Posted 2 hours ago on the South Bend Tribune's website, slightly edited by me. Moser's is literally at the end of the block I live on.

"A 74-year-old woman has died after being hit by a car while crossing a street Monday evening in New Carlisle, authorities said.
was coming from Moser's Austrian Cafe and may not have used a crosswalk, McBrier said. The investigation is ongoing, and anyone with information is asked to call FACT..."

Ya gotta drop that walker into 6th if you want to beat traffic with no crosswalk, or signals.

Rixsta

People's Reviewer
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Evening Wompers :D

My OBS Engine showed up today. Put dual SS Clapton coils in it, wicked it with some native wicks and gave it a try. Honestly I think the Boreas has better flavor. I like the design of the OBS because it is not gonna leak when its laid on its side like the Boreas is known to do but flavor wise it is ok. Nothing to seriously brag about in my opinion. To me the Merlin flavor is just as good as the OBS and that is single coil set up. It is a serious cloud producer just like the Boreas is but that is to be expected with any dual coil set up like that. Is it worth the $25 I paid for it? I would have to say yes but I dont know if I will get another one.
Then the mini must give better flavor then due to the smaller chamber because mine is better than the Boreas.

Couple of pics from my birthday party. Go ahead and laugh cause I know y'all will! The one with the cheesecake is my birthday present from my nephew and his wife. It was to die for! View attachment 63720View attachment 63721
Aww, lovely Lynn, hmmm, cake :)

Debadoo

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It was nothing for me to polish off a 12 pack or a 5th of liquor in a few hours. And I'd pass out, wake up hours later ready for another round. I have finally, after many years, gotten to the place where I can drink 1 drink, glass of wine or 1 beer and stop.
wow that's amazing that you were able to stop that and can still have a drink without going back into it. Much respect!!

So while she seems happy and active we may have something else going on. Hopefully it is something minor, fingers crossed.
Oh I hope it's not something big.

A 74-year-old woman has died after being hit by a car while crossing a street Monday evening in New Carlisle, authorities said.
that's horrible.

My OBS Engine showed up today.
Glad you got it, sorry ya don't like it as much. I wonder if it's a wicking issue or coil placement issue.

Ugh, I meant to reply to that earlier but was at work you are not the only one my friend anise, fennel, anything licorice count me out. Unless I want to get plastered and then I will take a jaeger please
Now see I love black licorice, anise flavors etc, but I can't stand Jaeger. Tastes like nyquil to me!

Couple of pics from my birthday party
awwwwwwww yur so cute!!! Great to see pics of you. So glad you had a nice time. I won't be trying to steal yur cheesecake though. I'm a purist when it comes to cheesecake. I like em plain..........sometimes just a lil blueberry topping on the side so I can have just a couple bites of that. I like just a plain, lemony flavored cheesecake! I love bout anything chocolate, but don't like chocolate cheesecakes.

I've heard you talk about this a lot, if you don't mind me asking, how did they discover you have this gene?

Happy Birthday Lynn, although I feel like it's mine vaping on this monkey funk. Man I'm blessed to try all these juices.
Berries and currants fused with menthol and fennel.
that sounds interesting. I've never eaten fennel, but I think it's fennel seed in Italian sausage that gives me horrible heartburn. Not certain that's what it is though.

Wish I was vaping instead of being at the doctor's waiting for my strep test resul
well dang, you were sick, then you weren't, now you are again. Sure hope you get over whatever it is soon, and that Kad don't catch it!

I know one guy that knows.
It was Easter time and he had a kid in diapers. Thought he found a dropped malted milk ball.....
omggggg that's awful! lol Reckin atcha knows what it tastes like too poor thing.

That one, I totally agree with you about; I cannot abide that anise/licorice taste, it's just FOUL. To me, it just tastes like Vicks Formula 44, possibly the nastiest cough medicine ever created -- which is really saying something!!!
The old timey vicks 44 that was brown, I liked ok, it was kinda like the horehound candy and I love those........but my dad would mix it with nyquil........that would really gag ya!

Mornin rixy :inlove:

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I am very glad to hear it has been a good one, and happy you get to let the new little one free.

Marley's blood work came back all within normal ranges, except a pancreatic value of 2000 normal value is 0-200. Vet thinks that one is a mistake and is ordering a retest. Urinalysis discovered a small amount of proteins present, further testing needed. So while she seems happy and active we may have something else going on. Hopefully it is something minor, fingers crossed.
Hopefully Marley's test will come back good:hug:

VU Sponsors