Womper Woom Wejects

Reign

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
Hello all.

Marley and I thank you for all the well wishes, and so far so good. No parasites found but waiting on blood and urinalysis to come back tomorrow then will know for sure if we are in the clear. The Vet always gets a huge kick out of us visiting since I am an arm chair Vet I nearly started her on metronidazole yesterday since I had some on hand. And of course that's exactly the treatment plan thus far the Doc got a good laugh out of it when I told her that.

And I have never seen them in our neighborhood before but Marley and I saw some deer this morning on our walk. It was cool out, deer grazing, while she and I just watched for awhile it was quite peaceful and have decided that is a good omen of things to come for us both.

I hope you all have a lovely evening, and thank you all again for the well wishes.

Atchafalaya

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Hello all.

Marley and I thank you for all the well wishes, and so far so good. No parasites found but waiting on blood and urinalysis to come back tomorrow then will know for sure if we are in the clear. The Vet always gets a huge kick out of us visiting since I am an arm chair Vet I nearly started her on metronidazole yesterday since I had some on hand. And of course that's exactly the treatment plan thus far the Doc got a good laugh out of it when I told her that.

And I have never seen them in our neighborhood before but Marley and I saw some deer this morning on our walk. It was cool out, deer grazing, while she and I just watched for awhile it was quite peaceful and have decided that is a good omen of things to come for us both.

I hope you all have a lovely evening, and thank you all again for the well wishes.
This is great news and thanks for keeping us in the loop Reign! You should perhaps think of becoming a Vet. :)

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hello all.

May good things keep coming your way.

Reign

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
This is great news and thanks for keeping us in the loop Reign! You should perhaps think of becoming a Vet. :)

I would almost consider it if I didn't have a family business to look after already. Even then there is one aspect of being a vet I could not handle that I won't mention. I can be a cold SOB when it comes to people but when it comes to animals I am a huge blubbering weakling. :D

Mmmm beer time.

Atchafalaya

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I would almost consider it if I didn't have a family business to look after already. Even then there is one aspect of being a vet I could not handle that I won't mention. I can be a cold SOB when it comes to people but when it comes to animals I am a huge blubbering weakling. :D

Mmmm beer time.

I like this video. Good song.
I'm a huge blubbering weakling with people AND animals. :rolleyes:
Enjoy the cold one Reign. Long day for ya.

Eskie

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years

Mmmm beer time.

That's because animals never do the terrible stuff that people so often do to each other. Especially when they stare at you with that precious look of unconditional love, all to manipulate you into giving them another treat. My pup is SO good at that.

Reign

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
That's because animals never do the terrible stuff that people so often do to each other. Especially when they stare at you with that precious look of unconditional love, all to manipulate you into giving them another treat. My pup is SO good at that.

So very true, until I know someone I find it extremely hard to have any sort of empathy for them at all. Except older people, I was always taught to respect my elders and I do to a fault. Everyone else, if the shit hits the fan don't run towards me for help I will just use you as a shield. :)

SirKadly

Squonk 'em if you got 'em
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Crazy, at least 7 cop cars visible from my house in a block and a half stretch, blocking the road through town half a block from my house and presumably further down the other direction. Even made a fire truck detour to return to the fire station. This is a small town, 2000 people maybe. Not one mention of anything going on on the "local" (10 miles away city of South Bend, IN) news, no one on Facebook knows a thing. WTF? Combination of local and state cops.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Crazy, at least 7 cop cars visible from my house in a block and a half stretch, blocking the road through town half a block from my house and presumably further down the other direction. Even made a fire truck detour to return to the fire station. This is a small town, 2000 people maybe. Not one mention of anything going on on the "local" (10 miles away city of South Bend, IN) news, no one on Facebook knows a thing. WTF? Combination of local and state cops.
A big welcome home for ya?

Atchafalaya

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Dang! I wonder what's going on. :sad:

Last edited:

coolerat

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee

Type in Topix and your zip code and you will find right out.

coolerat

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
So very true, until I know someone I find it extremely hard to have any sort of empathy for them at all. Except older people, I was always taught to respect my elders and I do to a fault. Everyone else, if the shit hits the fan don't run towards me for help I will just use you as a shield. :)

I always know within seconds of meeting somebody where I'm gonna stick a screwdriver in there head when SHTF.

LynnNC

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hello all.

Yay!!! Great news to come home from work and read! I hope it turns out to be something minor for Marley!! :hug:

chopdoc

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee

This is where general aviation excels. If you had a private pilots license and a small plane you could easily make that trip in 10 hours or less. From Dallas/Fort worth to southbend is 735 nautical miles. A small 2 seater Cessna 152 or Piper Tomahawk averages around 95 to 100 knots. Figure 2 gas stops. They can go 5 hours but after 3 hours you really want to land and stretch your legs a little so figure an hour each stop. 71/2 to 8 hours in the air, 2 one-ish hours stops for gas, 10 hours easily.

How many hours you been on the road with how many stops?

LynnNC

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I got the crap scared out of me when I went in to work this afternoon. I slid my badge to clock in and it said rejected. I thought oh shit! So another person slid it..same thing. I went and found my supervisor, told him about it so he walked over to a punch clock, slid the badge and another rejected. He told me not to worry that he would manually clock me in. I took yesterday off because I was tired. With the exception of Labor Day, I've worked 7 days a week since the 2nd week in August. I was thinking I had been terminated because I called out yesterday. I had spoken to my representative(I'm a temp) earlier today who told me that I was good. Nowhere near termination on points. I texted him when I got home and told him what happened and he said he'd fix it tomorrow.

Atchafalaya

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I got the crap scared out of me when I went in to work this afternoon. I slid my badge to clock in and it said rejected. I thought oh shit! So another person slid it..same thing. I went and found my supervisor, told him about it so he walked over to a punch clock, slid the badge and another rejected. He told me not to worry that he would manually clock me in. I took yesterday off because I was tired. With the exception of Labor Day, I've worked 7 days a week since the 2nd week in August. I was thinking I had been terminated because I called out yesterday. I had spoken to my representative(I'm a temp) earlier today who told me that I was good. Nowhere near termination on points. I texted him when I got home and told him what happened and he said he'd fix it tomorrow.
I'm glad all is well. That would have scared me worse than my B rated horror movies! ! Lol

Reign

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
Yay!!! Great news to come home from work and read! I hope it turns out to be something minor for Marley!! :hug:

Thanks Lynn, if her attitude this morning is any indication she seems that she will be just fine. She has a serious case of the zoomies.

Example of zoomies for those who may not know. :D

And g'morning all hope you have a great day.

Debadoo

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Especially when they stare at you with that precious look of unconditional love, all to manipulate you into giving them another treat. My pup is SO good at that.
Frankie is far more blatant. It's just a dead on stare. Ya gonna feed the dog? Hey.....dog here, needs food. Is the next bite mine? How bout the next one? This bite right,,,,, goin to the dog? Hey......starvin dog here!

This is a small town, 2000 people maybe. Not one mention of anything going on on the "local" (10 miles away city of South Bend, IN) news, no one on Facebook knows a thing. WTF? Combination of local and state cops.
We had that happen one time and not a word about that night or the next day, and they were all headed down by a school. searched online......watched the news........nuttin. It was odd.

Type in Topix and your zip code and you will find right out.
that's kewl, hadn't heard of that. hope I can remember the word.

But the drives that you guys think are long... Americans call "morning commutes."
lol JUP! my son has worked 45 mins each way from work twice (without traffic) and a lotta folks here work in Austin, over an hour away. Specially nurses. Make a crapload more money up there than here.

This is where general aviation excels. If you had a private pilots license and a small plane you could easily make that trip in 10 hours or less. From Dallas/Fort worth to southbend is 735 nautical miles. A small 2 seater Cessna 152 or Piper Tomahawk averages around 95 to 100 knots. Figure 2 gas stops. They can go 5 hours but after 3 hours you really want to land and stretch your legs a little so figure an hour each stop. 71/2 to 8 hours in the air, 2 one-ish hours stops for gas, 10 hours easily.
my sil dated a guy that had his own plane. they're expensive to maintain, but I always thought that would be so kewl!

The Merlin just isnt too happy with 5/95 PG/VG mixes
It loves my 75pg juice! :teehee:

I got the crap scared out of me when I went in to work this afternoon. I slid my badge to clock in and it said rejected. I thought oh shit!
oh wow....... I know that did make yur heart sink at first. Glad it was just a bug in the system and you're doing well there.

Coughed half the night so it spells like a Halls cough drop factory.
:( :( :( get better soon hun!

Finally moved out. Selling my house to FEMA. 3 long years. Living in cheap motel. Frankly it's kinda relaxing.
Very vape friendly motel.
kewl! Nice that it's a very vape friendly hotel. What are yur plans now that you've sold it?

She has a serious case of the zoomies.
hehehe cute videos. So glad she's feelin well and you are too!!! Not sure exactly where you are although I know the general area, but I'm pretty certain it's not a common area for deer

I'm spending the day with my most favorite person in all the world, my grandson Noah Dinner tonight at a local Mexican restaurant. Can life get any better??
awwwwww how sweet!! Have tons of fun!

I took off from out house after breakfast,
I'm not a fan of potty humor, but sometimes a typo just makes ya giggle!! :teehee:

I have it now, and one way or another Deb is getting a working mod back when I get done playing with it.
OH sweetie, don't go through a lot of hassle with that thing. I appreciate you checkin it and having your friend check it. I'd said to just chunk it if he couldn't fix it. But if he can't fix it go ahead and bring it back down when you come down next, whenever that is. I might can get my own long cord like my son has, and use it like a passthrough if that wont damage my batts. But if it's not easy to fix...........don't worry about it! I just appreciate y'all taking a look at it.

Debadoo

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Morning Deb! :) No one can multi quote like you do! :) :)
Mornin hun..........awwwwwww that aint nuttin hehehe Someone counted a recent one and said there were 45 quotes in it. :shock:

oh and uhmmmmmmmmm btw.................

Happy Birthday Lynn!!!!

1280x720--iQ.jpg

Eskie

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Morning all1

Yeah, not so much. Did hear that it was possibly a pedestrian accident and that they appeared to be doing recreations, so maybe a fatality. Still nothing on any of the news sites though.

At least it's not an FDA ordered house by house sweep for vaping gear. Hopefully.

I remember living in hotels, best time of my life, hassle free. Glad it finally sold for you. Congrats.

Been there, done that. Daily maid service.:vino:

Thanks Lynn, if her attitude this morning is any indication she seems that she will be just fine. She has a serious case of the zoomies.

Example of zoomies for those who may not know. :D

And g'morning all hope you have a great day.

Glad the pup is better.

Lannie

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years

That's precisely the reason I didn't pursue vet school when I was younger. Well, that and money. ;) But living where we do now, I've had to learn to be a vet anyway, in the School of Hard Knocks, which fortunately doesn't cost a lot of money, but sometimes, heartache. I've had to do a lot of things myself that I never in my life dreamed I'd ever have to do, but when there's no one else, you either do or you don't. And the animals deserve every chance I can give them, so I do. WE do. Rich is my assistant. :D

Oh, and HAPPY BIRTHDAY, LYNN! (Thanks for reminding me, Deb, see I woulda forgot! LOL!) Hope you have a great day today. It's Rich's sister's birthday today, too (Rich, don't forget!). :) You and Ruby are cosmic twins. ;)

LynnNC

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
That's precisely the reason I didn't pursue vet school when I was younger. Well, that and money. ;) But living where we do now, I've had to learn to be a vet anyway, in the School of Hard Knocks, which fortunately doesn't cost a lot of money, but sometimes, heartache. I've had to do a lot of things myself that I never in my life dreamed I'd ever have to do, but when there's no one else, you either do or you don't. And the animals deserve every chance I can give them, so I do. WE do. Rich is my assistant. :D

Oh, and HAPPY BIRTHDAY, LYNN! (Thanks for reminding me, Deb, see I woulda forgot! LOL!) Hope you have a great day today. It's Rich's sister's birthday today, too (Rich, don't forget!). :) You and Ruby are cosmic twins. ;)
Thanks Lannie!! :)

VU Sponsors